Voting Rights

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: Voting Rights

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:06 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:32 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:14 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:10 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:01 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:59 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:39 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:37 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:29 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:23 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:11 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:58 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:30 am
old salt wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:40 am
a fan wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:36 pm Who needs pre-K?
How will govt funded universal pre-k work ? Will 2 yr old toddlers be riding school buses ? Driver + baby wranglers on each bus ? Lot's of wide open spaces in red counties. How are parents going to work 8 hr shifts ?
There are all sorts of state programs already in place you just aren’t paying attention.

https://earlychildhood.marylandpublicsc ... ssing-prek *

But of course that would require you to take a view outside your own experience. Like that something doesn’t divide or something unites based solely on your personal observation and experience.
I'm aware of existing preschool services.* They do not provide universal pre k.
If universal pre k is to be attained, it will take a lot more than what BBB is promising.
BBB only funds pre k for below median income families.
I does not help with the transportation & extended child care hours necessary for a working single parent to use the entitlement.
To be universal, states will have to fund a lot of this :
* If eligible, your local Department of Social Services will issue you a scholarship for additional child care choices.
Georgia funds it to all providers that get approved through lottery ticket dollars. Which is pretty funny, take cash from folks who buy lotto tickets and recycle those dollars into the program.
That's a good use of lotto $ imo. That's real $, not fed deficit $.

Does GA already provide transport to/from pre k & can they meet demand if it becomes universal (whatever that turns out to be) ?
Pretty sure no and we got screwed by a former child care director at our joint as only so many slots got the freebie and it only runs until 3pm and the paid pre k goes until 6 but we paid for a second year for son who wasn't ready with a 8/23 birthday to go to Kindergarten when school starts 8/5 area and some kids would be turning 6 before he turned 5. Wasn't cool paying an extra $12k or so for that year when there was a free option that the head jammed us up on because I didn't let her get away with her antics but well worth it in his development as a boy I can say for sure and how I know how important that 3-6 are territory is for all kids.
I appreciate your dilemma. Just imagine how hard it is to access for a single mom, working min wage, riding public transport, who doesn't want her kid(s) left behind.

That's why it's false advertising to say BBB includes universal pre K.
The parents & kids who most need it still won't be able to access the entitlement.
So the answer is do nothing? I don't understand your rejection of it. That it doesn't go far enough? Are you suggesting they are targeting a way to screw min wage single mothers in wide open rural republican dominated areas? That's the argument?
I'm saying that it's a false promise to establish an unsustainable entitlement.
Call it what it is -- increased fed funding for existing pre k for low income families.
A way to help existing state & local programs.

Calling it universal pre k equates it to existing K-12 public education.
It's far from that. It's merely an increased subsidy for low income families.
It creates an entitlement expectation that cannot be met without a massive increase in funding, most likely from even more fed deficit spending.
If it's worth doing, find a way to pay for it without piling it onto the fed deficit.
Ok because before you were saying you had a problem with govt indoctrination of younger kids. Is it just assault the concept from all angles because you inherently don’t like it?

I propose we take it away from the defense budget and from ssi
When parents choose & pay for their own pre k, it's like private school or home schooling -- they have more options & more control over what their kids are being taught. This is increasingly less so with public education -- as this election just demonstrated.

Congress certainly has the power to fund it at the expense of the defense budget & ssi. BBB does not propose that.
There’s wait lists at every childcare place around Atlanta. Maybe some kinder are availability 20mi out of town. They go where you can get them in and hope they don’t get tossed like my son did from some bogus Goddard joint over not being fully potty trained within 2 months of turning 3 which we were working on and he got there not that much later which forced us into the second place where we could luckily get both kids in so I don’t know what choices and options you are talking about but there’s a flat out shortage of supply in every large metro I’m familiar with.
I feel your pain. Will BBB be enough to fix it ? How about for kids in the exurbs & rural areas ?

If it becomes truely universal, how you gonna get all those kids to/from & who cares for them before/after pre k ?
We trust 5 yr olds on school buses. 3 & 4 yr olds ? latchkey toddlers ? It takes a village, & a lot of fed deficit $$$.
Gotta make it more "enriching" & reassuring than drag queen story time.
So you don’t have skin in the game and you don’t have a unified theory on it you just don’t like entitlements? Is that what you are saying because I don’t have a clear understanding of what you want and don’t want just rejection of certain cultural considerations. Do you flat out reject any universal Pre K under any circumstance? How would you solve this problem?
In theory, I like the idea of taxpayer/govt funded, universal pre k, via the public school system, available free to all citizens.

In AACO MD, we have it on a limited basis. There are not nearly enough slots to meet demand. The lower your income & the more disadvantaged you are, the better your chances of getting a slot. It is available 1/2 day & full day, in a few school buildings.

That model would work for me if it were truly universal, non-political, & could be funded without adding to the fed deficit.
That sounds like what BBB is promising but if you look closer, you will find that it is not.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

More low income

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:56 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:06 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:32 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:14 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:10 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:01 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:59 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:39 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:37 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:29 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:23 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:11 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:58 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:30 am
old salt wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:40 am
a fan wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:36 pm Who needs pre-K?
How will govt funded universal pre-k work ? Will 2 yr old toddlers be riding school buses ? Driver + baby wranglers on each bus ? Lot's of wide open spaces in red counties. How are parents going to work 8 hr shifts ?
There are all sorts of state programs already in place you just aren’t paying attention.

https://earlychildhood.marylandpublicsc ... ssing-prek *

But of course that would require you to take a view outside your own experience. Like that something doesn’t divide or something unites based solely on your personal observation and experience.
I'm aware of existing preschool services.* They do not provide universal pre k.
If universal pre k is to be attained, it will take a lot more than what BBB is promising.
BBB only funds pre k for below median income families.
I does not help with the transportation & extended child care hours necessary for a working single parent to use the entitlement.
To be universal, states will have to fund a lot of this :
* If eligible, your local Department of Social Services will issue you a scholarship for additional child care choices.
Georgia funds it to all providers that get approved through lottery ticket dollars. Which is pretty funny, take cash from folks who buy lotto tickets and recycle those dollars into the program.
That's a good use of lotto $ imo. That's real $, not fed deficit $.

Does GA already provide transport to/from pre k & can they meet demand if it becomes universal (whatever that turns out to be) ?
Pretty sure no and we got screwed by a former child care director at our joint as only so many slots got the freebie and it only runs until 3pm and the paid pre k goes until 6 but we paid for a second year for son who wasn't ready with a 8/23 birthday to go to Kindergarten when school starts 8/5 area and some kids would be turning 6 before he turned 5. Wasn't cool paying an extra $12k or so for that year when there was a free option that the head jammed us up on because I didn't let her get away with her antics but well worth it in his development as a boy I can say for sure and how I know how important that 3-6 are territory is for all kids.
I appreciate your dilemma. Just imagine how hard it is to access for a single mom, working min wage, riding public transport, who doesn't want her kid(s) left behind.

That's why it's false advertising to say BBB includes universal pre K.
The parents & kids who most need it still won't be able to access the entitlement.
So the answer is do nothing? I don't understand your rejection of it. That it doesn't go far enough? Are you suggesting they are targeting a way to screw min wage single mothers in wide open rural republican dominated areas? That's the argument?
I'm saying that it's a false promise to establish an unsustainable entitlement.
Call it what it is -- increased fed funding for existing pre k for low income families.
A way to help existing state & local programs.

Calling it universal pre k equates it to existing K-12 public education.
It's far from that. It's merely an increased subsidy for low income families.
It creates an entitlement expectation that cannot be met without a massive increase in funding, most likely from even more fed deficit spending.
If it's worth doing, find a way to pay for it without piling it onto the fed deficit.
Ok because before you were saying you had a problem with govt indoctrination of younger kids. Is it just assault the concept from all angles because you inherently don’t like it?

I propose we take it away from the defense budget and from ssi
When parents choose & pay for their own pre k, it's like private school or home schooling -- they have more options & more control over what their kids are being taught. This is increasingly less so with public education -- as this election just demonstrated.

Congress certainly has the power to fund it at the expense of the defense budget & ssi. BBB does not propose that.
There’s wait lists at every childcare place around Atlanta. Maybe some kinder are availability 20mi out of town. They go where you can get them in and hope they don’t get tossed like my son did from some bogus Goddard joint over not being fully potty trained within 2 months of turning 3 which we were working on and he got there not that much later which forced us into the second place where we could luckily get both kids in so I don’t know what choices and options you are talking about but there’s a flat out shortage of supply in every large metro I’m familiar with.
I feel your pain. Will BBB be enough to fix it ? How about for kids in the exurbs & rural areas ?

If it becomes truely universal, how you gonna get all those kids to/from & who cares for them before/after pre k ?
We trust 5 yr olds on school buses. 3 & 4 yr olds ? latchkey toddlers ? It takes a village, & a lot of fed deficit $$$.
Gotta make it more "enriching" & reassuring than drag queen story time.
So you don’t have skin in the game and you don’t have a unified theory on it you just don’t like entitlements? Is that what you are saying because I don’t have a clear understanding of what you want and don’t want just rejection of certain cultural considerations. Do you flat out reject any universal Pre K under any circumstance? How would you solve this problem?
In theory, I like the idea of taxpayer/govt funded, universal pre k, via the public school system, available free to all citizens.

In AACO MD, we have it on a limited basis. There are not nearly enough slots to meet demand. The lower your income & the more disadvantaged you are, the better your chances of getting a slot. It is available 1/2 day & full day, in a few school buildings.

That model would work for me if it were truly universal, non-political, & could be funded without adding to the fed deficit.
That sounds like what BBB is promising but if you look closer, you will find that it is not.
Appreciate the straight answer
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Typical Lax Dad

Typical Lax Dad

old salt

Post by old salt »

For my local system, AACo MD :
Children enrolling in Prekindergarten must be 4 years old on or by September 1, 2021. The following documents are required when applying for a child to attend Prekindergarten and must be uploaded along with the completed online application:

Proof of identification of the person submitting enrollment documentation (must be a parent or legal guardian).
The student’s original birth certificate, birth registration or birth record.
A copy of the student’s immunization record.
Two proofs of residency (rental agreement or mortgage statement and a current utility bill).
Custody order (if applicable).

Public Prekindergarten programs in Maryland are designed to improve the school readiness of children who are economically disadvantaged or homeless. If seats remain, schools may enroll students with other readiness needs. Those applying for Prekindergarten due to economic need must provide income eligibility verification by submitting one of the following:

Federal Income Tax Return (1040 statement) along with documentation related to other sources of income such as child support and/or rental income.
Current award letter for Temporary Cash Assistance or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.
Three consecutive pay stubs.
Proof of unemployment benefits.

A half-day or full-day prekindergarten program for four year olds is offered in some elementary schools. A non-mandated program funded by the state, prekindergarten opportunities are based on economic need of the student and other Maryland State Department of Education criteria.

AACPS prekindergarten programs offer a high-quality educational experience to eligible children in order to prepare them with the foundational knowledge and skills necessary for school success in kindergarten and beyond.

Public prekindergarten may not be used as an alternative to kindergarten. Students on a kindergarten wavier may not attend public prekindergarten. All four year olds are eligible to apply for the program. However, enrollment is limited because of funding. Some schools may have waiting lists.

even more specific -- pdf format so I can't cut & paste eligibility rqmts
https://www.aacps.org/cms/lib/MD0221555 ... s_msde.pdf
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

ABOUT GEORGIA'S PRE-K PROGRAM

What is Georgia's Pre-K Program?

Georgia's Pre-K Program is a lottery funded educational program for Georgia's four year olds to prepare children for Kindergarten.

Who is eligible for Georgia's Pre-K Program?

Children four years of age on September 1 of the current school year who are Georgia residents are eligible to attend Georgia's Pre-K Program during this school year. Georgia’s Pre-K Program is voluntary for families and for providers.

Because participation in Georgia's Pre-K Program is voluntary for public schools and for private child development centers, there may not be enough spaces in every community for all four year olds who wish to participate. Every effort will be made to contract with eligible centers to create enough spaces for children who want to attend OR to match children with available spaces in other Georgia’s Pre-K Program providers in the area.

For additional information about eligibility and enrolling a child in Georgia's Pre-K Program please visit the Enrolling in Pre-K page.

When are the programs offered?

Pre-K programs usually operate on the regular school system calendar for the length of a typical school day. Programs may be offered at local public schools or through private providers of preschool services.

Extended day services beyond the 6.5 hour instructional day (before- and after-school care) may be available. Parents should contact their prekindergarten program provider to learn if these services are offered.

What do I need to enroll a child in Georgia's Pre-K Program?

Proof that a child is age eligible and a Georgia resident is required to register for Pre-K. Acceptable proof-of-age includes birth certificate, passport, hospital record of live birth, green card, pink card or Federal I-94 card. Acceptable proof-of-residency includes a lease, utility bill or letter from a shelter or employer.

Parents/guardians should contact their local public school system or private child care providers to learn where Pre-K programs are offered in their community and how they can enroll their child. You can also call Bright from the Start: Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning at 404-656-5957 or toll-free at 1-888-4GA-PREK or check the Search For Pre-K locations for listings by county or zip code.

For additional information about enrolling a child in Georgia's Pre-K Program please visit the Enrolling in Pre-K page.

All children enrolled in Georgia's Pre-K Program must have a Certificate of Vision, Hearing, Dental and Nutrition Screening (DHR Form 3300) on file within 90 calendar days of program entry. Form 3300 must be signed by a private practitioner or representative of a local Department of Health.

Immunizations (DHR Form 3231) must be up-to-date or affidavits must be on file within 30 calendar days of program entry. Only health departments and physicians licensed in Georgia can obtain blank immunization certificates (Form 3231). Take your child's personal immunization record to a health department or Georgia physician and they can complete the form and give any required vaccines.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

HCR:

"Republican state legislatures are gerrymandering districts to elect members to the House of Representatives. The results are extreme.
According to voting expert Ari Berman, in Ohio, where former president Trump got 53% of the vote in 2020, the new maps would give Republicans 86% of seats. In North Carolina, where Trump won 49.9% of the vote, Republicans would take 71–78% of seats, which translates to a 10–4 advantage if the voters split the vote evenly. In Wisconsin, where Trump won 49% of the vote, the new maps give Republicans 75% of the seats. In Texas, where Trump got 52% of the vote, Republicans would take 65% of the seats.

Skewing election results toward Republicans plays to former president Donald Trump, who tried to steal the 2020 election by using the power of the federal government to hamstring his Democratic opponent.

Today, news broke that federal prosecutors have uncovered a new angle in the 2019 Ukraine scandal. It appears Trump lawyers Rudy Giuliani, Victoria Toensing, and Joe DiGenova were working with corrupt Ukrainian prosecutor Yuriy Lutsenko to announce and promote an “investigation” into Hunter Biden in Ukraine to damage his father Joe Biden’s chances of election to the U.S. presidency. To curry favor with the Trump administration, Lutsenko promised hundreds of thousands of dollars to the three lawyers. Volodymyr Zelensky’s election upended the scheme, Trump tried to pressure him to take it up, and the rest of that story is history, but the original plan appears to be deeper than previously proven.
Trump’s attack on the 2020 election is getting pushback, too, from Smartmatic, a company that provides election technology. On Wednesday, it sued right-wing media outlets Newsmax and One America News Network for defamation, after the outlets aired stories accusing Smartmatic of rigging the 2020 vote. Today, CNN called attention to videos from Giuliani and Trump lawyer Sidney Powell in a different lawsuit by Dominion Voting Systems saying they did not check any of their accusations of voter fraud before putting them in front of the public.

And yet, as Democrats try to restore a level playing field through the Freedom to Vote Act, Republican senators yesterday blocked even discussion of the measure for the third time. And they are launching objections to the confirmations of nominees to routine appointments, running out the clock on the Senate calendar.

Today the Department of Justice used the slim means the Supreme Court has left to it in order to sue the state of Texas for its new voter restriction laws, saying they “disenfranchise eligible Texas citizens who seek to exercise their right to vote, including voters with limited English proficiency, voters with disabilities, elderly voters, members of the military deployed away from home, and American citizens residing outside of the country.”

Texas governor Greg Abbott tweeted in response: "Bring it. The Texas election integrity law is legal. It INCREASES hours to vote. It does restrict illegal mail ballot voting. Only those who qualify can vote by mail. It also makes ballot harvesting a felony. In Texas it is easier to vote but harder to cheat."

This is, of course, the standard Republican defense of the many new laws Republican-dominated state legislatures have passed after the 2020 election, which they falsely claim was marred by voter fraud. Perhaps more to the point was the response of Georgia officials to a similar lawsuit by the Department of Justice, saying that the lawsuit was "not a serious legal challenge but a politically motivated effort to usurp the constitutional authority of Georgia’s elected officials to regulate elections."

Republicans are holding tight to the idea of pre–Civil War Democrats that our system of democracy gives to the states alone the power to determine how people within those states live, and who in those states gets to vote to determine those rules. After that idea led to the Civil War, Republicans overturned it with the Fourteenth and Fifteenth Amendments to the Constitution, which give the federal government the power to protect equality within the states.

Since World War II, the federal government has taken that charge seriously, protecting minority voting in the Civil Rights Act of 1957, the Civil Rights Act of 1960, and, most thoroughly, in the Voting Rights Act of 1965. Since the passage of that measure, Congress repeatedly reauthorized it by large, bipartisan majorities, most recently in 2006, when the Senate voted unanimously in favor of it. But then in 2013 the Supreme Court gutted that law, and now, only 8 years later, Republican senators claim federal protection of voting rights is an assault on states’ rights.
Today, Delaware Senator Tom Carper, a Democrat, published an op-ed in the USA Today network describing how he happened, as a first-year student at Ohio State University on a Navy ROTC scholarship, to hear arguments in the House Judiciary Committee over the 1965 Voting Rights Act. Those debates inspired him to pursue a career in government. Today, as state legislatures pass laws to curb minority voting, Carper called for Congress to pass the Freedom to Vote Act and the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act.

Carper said he hoped Republicans and Democrats could come to an agreement on the voting rights bills, “But,” he said, “I cannot look the other way if total obstruction continues. I do not come to this decision lightly, but it has become clear to me that if the filibuster is standing in the way of protecting our democracy then the filibuster isn’t working for our democracy.”
Montana Senator Jon Tester, another of the Democrats vocal about protecting the filibuster, agreed with Carper that his patience was not unlimited. Republicans, he said, were “weaponizing the filibuster.” “Right now, I am focused on getting voting rights moving forward,” he told Darrell Ehrlick of the Daily Montanan. But “[a]t a certain point, if we can’t accomplish that, I am going to say, ‘We have to move forward, with or without you.’”

Meanwhile, the Biden administration continues to push its agenda.

The Build Back Better bill got a boost today when a new report from Moody's Analytics concluded that the current package would strengthen long-term growth, starting to adjust the currently badly skewed economic playing field by helping lower- and middle-income Americans. Answering the concern that the measure would create debt, Moody’s concluded that it would indeed pay for itself. It added, “Concerns that the plan will ignite undesirably high inflation and an overheating economy are overdone.”

“The bipartisan infrastructure deal provides a modest increase in infrastructure spending and it thus supports only a modestly stronger economy,” the report says, but “[t]he reconciliation package is much larger and thus meaningfully lifts economic growth and jobs and lowers unemployment.” It concludes that together, the two measures will add 1.5 million jobs per year and increase GDP by nearly $3 trillion relative to the baseline in the next decade.

“The nation has long underinvested in its infrastructure and social needs and has been slow to respond to the threat posed by climate change, with mounting economic consequences,” the report concluded. “[F]ailing to pass [this] legislation would certainly diminish the economy’s prospects.”

And that economy is healing in the wake of the pandemic. Jobless claims last week dropped to a low since the start of the pandemic, down 14,000 to reach 269,000 last week. This is about 75% lower than they were when Biden took office. In early January, they were more than 900,000. We are almost back to the level they were before the pandemic, when they were around 220,000 a week. About 2.1 million Americans collected unemployment insurance last week, down from 7.1 million a year ago.

The strength of these two reports helped to close the S&P 500 Index that tracks the performance of 500 large companies at 4,680.06, an all-time high.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Attempted voter fraud found in the Virginia Election. The system caught it though.

Youngkin's son.

I could see going to a polling place once to find out if you're eligible to vote. Well, maybe if you weren't the friggin son of a candidate who should know better. But then returning a second time 30 minutes later saying a friend was able to vote as a minor and trying again?

Do his parents not teach their kids how elections work? I can see why they're so mad at VA schools.

Talk about starting out on the wrong foot...
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:22 pm Attempted voter fraud found in the Virginia Election. The system caught it though.

Youngkin's son.

I could see going to a polling place once to find out if you're eligible to vote. Well, maybe if you weren't the friggin son of a candidate who should know better. But then returning a second time 30 minutes later saying a friend was able to vote as a minor and trying again?

Do his parents not teach their kids how elections work? I can see why they're so mad at VA schools.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:22 pm Attempted voter fraud found in the Virginia Election. The system caught it though.

Youngkin's son.

If you believe a Democratic poll worker and Wapo on this story, would you be interested in some sweet acreage in Central Park for sale too?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ngton-post

Dems need the dumbest stories to be true. Pathological.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

The post story was no big deal. Youngkin spokesperson and idiot's like you are making it one. Turning an amusing dumb teenager story into something more. Post story will stand, will not be retracted. Washington Times (a conservative media source) is also reporting it.
NattyBohChamps04

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:12 am If you believe a Democratic poll worker and Wapo on this story, would you be interested in some sweet acreage in Central Park for sale too?

I don't have to believe a "Democratic" :roll: poll worker or the Wapo when Youngkin literally confirmed it in the story you posted. Did you not read your own story?

You have a habit of shooting yourself in the foot, then doubling down and inserting that foot in your mouth.

Dumb story indeed though, you can't make this stuff up.
Last edited by NattyBohChamps04 on Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:36 am The post story was no big deal. Youngkin spokesperson and idiot's like you are making it one. Turning an amusing dumb teenager story into something more. Post story will stand, will not be retracted. Washington Times (a conservative media source) is also reporting it.

The poll worker is a ‘Democratic activist’. I’m sure she has this story just too perfect.

You guys are so gullible it’s scary.

No wonder morons like Heather Cox Richardson and ilk are able to make money…their audience is just too easy.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:45 am
jhu72 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:36 am The post story was no big deal. Youngkin spokesperson and idiot's like you are making it one. Turning an amusing dumb teenager story into something more. Post story will stand, will not be retracted. Washington Times (a conservative media source) is also reporting it.

The poll worker is a ‘Democratic activist’. I’m sure she has this story just too perfect. <--- LIE!!! She is a democrat. There is no evidence and I haven't seen a single report she is an activist of any sort. You simply insert the word "activist" wherever you think it might improve your case. :lol: :lol:

You guys are so gullible it’s scary. <--- You are such a liar and not a very good one!

No wonder morons like Heather Cox Richardson and ilk are able to make money…their audience is just too easy.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:43 am
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:12 am If you believe a Democratic poll worker and Wapo on this story, would you be interested in some sweet acreage in Central Park for sale too?

I don't have to believe a "Democratic" :roll: poll worker or the Wapo when Youngkin literally confirmed it in the story you posted. Did you not read your own story?

You have a habit of shooting yourself in the foot, then doubling down and inserting that foot in your mouth.

Dumb story indeed though, you can't make this stuff up.
The crazy thing is trying to deny it actually happened, when the Youngkin camp has already confirmed that it did.

Kinda weak confirmation spin though...seriously, how could the kid not know?
Note, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here as marginally intelligent, as very few among us, at his age, wouldn't know the answer...or if actually had a question, what 17 year old doesn't know how to use google?

Seems to me that the election worker had it right, kids do and say the darnedest things...doesn't mean their parents are bad. I'd certainly hope that Glenn gave his son an earful that night. It's an embarrassment to the family, especially given Youngkin's claims about "election integrity" and other such dog whistles, but there's much, much worse problems a kid could have or do.
NattyBohChamps04

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:37 am The crazy thing is trying to deny it actually happened, when the Youngkin camp has already confirmed that it did.

Kinda weak confirmation spin though...seriously, how could the kid not know?
Note, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here as marginally intelligent, as very few among us, at his age, wouldn't know the answer...or if actually had a question, what 17 year old doesn't know how to use google?

Seems to me that the election worker had it right, kids do and say the darnedest things...doesn't mean their parents are bad. I'd certainly hope that Glenn gave his son an earful that night. It's an embarrassment to the family, especially given Youngkin's claims about "election integrity" and other such dog whistles, but there's much, much worse problems a kid could have or do.
In the pre-Trump world this would likely be a nothingburger. But nowadays with all the howling about non-existent widespread fraud and vote rigging, this is a @*#! sandwich they have to eat. Not really a big story, but it's a symptom of a lot of problems Trump created.

The kid either

1. Doesn't know simple civics, which reflects really poorly on his parents and him.
2. Was trying to fraudulently vote underage, which the system caught before it happened, so no crime unless he left a paper trail of his intent.
3. Was an "activist" trying to show the vote was being rigged by talking them into letting him vote underage. Then post it as some sort of gotcha.

The fact that he came back a second time after being turned down is the thing that makes it even stranger.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Apparently, this home has over 718 people living in it, each requesting a mail in ballot: https://www.recordonline.com/story/news ... 199231001/

Yea....no such thing as voter fraud.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:38 pm Apparently, this home has over 718 people living in it, each requesting a mail in ballot: https://www.recordonline.com/story/news ... 199231001/

Yea....no such thing as voter fraud.
Did you notice that your team "forgot" to claim that the election is fake now that Trumpy wasn't on the ballot, and Republicans won some key elections?

It's Christmas miracle!

If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were all full of *hit, and knew doggone well that our elections are fine. ;)

Return to “POLITICS”