Voting Rights

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: Voting Rights

Post by old salt »

ardilla secreta wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:18 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:26 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:36 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:47 pm ..& if you give'em free pre-k & free Juco, you're giving 4 more years of woke brainwashing,
2 more on the front end, 2 more on the back end. Woke brainwashing from age 2 to age 20.
Paid for with your taxes while the teacher student loans are forgiven.
Then cancel it all. Who needs pre-K? And while we're at it, let's shut down State Universities, too. TrumpNation can fall further behind, while the rich coastal elite libs move further ahead in private schools.

And you'll "win", OS.

Edit to add----in case it's not clear.....we're both kidding. (i hope)
I want the education, not the indoctrination. Stick to the basics.
No more Pledge of Allegiance?
That does not bother me. It was done so much that it lost it's meaning -- imho.
A WW II & Cold War relic.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:51 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:47 pm ..& if you give'em free pre-k & free Juco, you're giving 4 more years of woke brainwashing,
2 more on the front end, 2 more on the back end. Woke brainwashing from age 2 to age 20.
Then cancel it all. Who needs pre-K? And while we're at it, let's shut down State Universities, too. TrumpNation can fall further behind, while the rich coastal elite libs move further ahead in private schools.

And you'll "win", OS.

I favor private schools.
Are you more of a Lawrenceville or AOF type? Deerfield or NMH?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:39 pm Funny thing is, most of the indoctrination (liberal & conservative) happens at private schools. Been a firsthand party to both sides. The public schools I've been at were extremely neutral and back to basics vs the privates.
NBC04 in prep school:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3DrLS8z0Fk
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:39 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:39 pm Funny thing is, most of the indoctrination (liberal & conservative) happens at private schools. Been a firsthand party to both sides. The public schools I've been at were extremely neutral and back to basics vs the privates.
NBC04 in prep school:

No comment. But to expound on the scene - their band teacher got royalties for writing that sax piece. That specific prep school is very liberal vs. the movie. Only $70k or so to attend, no biggie. Duponts, Forbes. Throw in a Pingree and some Saudi / Lebanese / Kuwaiti etc royalty... I hear lots of NESCAC and IVY laxers too... Kind of school the Von Trapp twin rowers at Harvard come from vs. the robot Zucks.

The rival prep school yielded a D3 player of the year at Salisbury and a few other greats.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:25 pm

And you'll "win", OS.

I believe he was pointing out that American public schools have ALWAYS had indoctrination. It's just that the American Right didn't care when it was THEIR message that was being indoctrinated for all those years.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:06 am

And you'll "win", OS.

I believe he was pointing out that American public schools have ALWAYS had indoctrination. It's just that the American Right didn't care when it was THEIR message that was being indoctrinated for all those years.
Did the pledge of allegiance make any kids feel guilty, feel aggrieved, or divide then from their schoolmates ?
Was it done to unite or to divide ?
old salt

Post by old salt »

Last edited by old salt on Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

old salt wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:49 amDid the pledge of allegiance make any kids feel guilty, feel aggrieved, or divide then from their schoolmates ?

Yes, yes, and yes. It divided plenty.

JFC - just look up the history of the pledge dude.
old salt

Post by old salt »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:59 am
old salt wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:49 amDid the pledge of allegiance make any kids feel guilty, feel aggrieved, or divide then from their schoolmates ?

Yes, yes, and yes. It divided plenty.

JFC - just look up the history of the pledge dude.
I guess I missed that controversy. Were there riots about it ?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:36 pm Who needs pre-K?
How will govt funded universal pre-k work ? Will 2 yr old toddlers be riding school buses ? Driver + baby wranglers on each bus ? Lot's of wide open spaces in red counties. How are parents going to work 8 hr shifts ?
Last edited by old salt on Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:49 am Did the pledge of allegiance make any kids feel guilty, feel aggrieved, or divide then from their schoolmates ?
OS, you're really going to pretend you don't know what we're talking about?

The lead historian for the seventh-grade edition was Francis Simkins, of Longwood College in Farmville. His 1947 book, “The South Old and New,” was an articulation of the Lost Cause. Slavery was “an educational process which transformed the black man from a primitive to a civilized person endowed with conceits, customs, industrial skills, Christian beliefs, and ideals, of the Anglo-Saxon of North America,” he wrote in that book. During the Civil War, enslaved people “remained so loyal to their masters [and] supported the war unanimously.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/ ... story.html
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:44 am
old salt wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:49 am Did the pledge of allegiance make any kids feel guilty, feel aggrieved, or divide then from their schoolmates ?

The lead historian for the seventh-grade edition was Francis Simkins, of Longwood College in Farmville. His 1947 book, “The South Old and New,” was an articulation of the Lost Cause. Slavery was “an educational process which transformed the black man from a primitive to a civilized person endowed with conceits, customs, industrial skills, Christian beliefs, and ideals, of the Anglo-Saxon of North America,” he wrote in that book. During the Civil War, enslaved people “remained so loyal to their masters [and] supported the war unanimously.”

Pledge of allegiance ?
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:48 am

Pledge of allegiance ?
a fan wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:44 am He was pointing out that American public schools have ALWAYS had indoctrination. It's just that the American Right didn't care when it was THEIR message that was being indoctrinated for all those years
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:50 am
old salt wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:48 am

Pledge of allegiance ?
a fan wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:44 am He was pointing out that American public schools have ALWAYS had indoctrination. It's just that the American Right didn't care when it was THEIR message that was being indoctrinated for all those years
old salt wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:49 am Did the pledge of allegiance make any kids feel guilty, feel aggrieved, or divide them from their schoolmates ?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:58 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:39 pm
NBC04 in prep school:

No comment. But to expound on the scene - their band teacher got royalties for writing that sax piece. That specific prep school is very liberal vs. the movie. Only $70k or so to attend, no biggie. Duponts, Forbes. Throw in a Pingree and some Saudi / Lebanese / Kuwaiti etc royalty... I hear lots of NESCAC and IVY laxers too... Kind of school the Von Trapp twin rowers at Harvard come from vs. the robot Zucks.

The rival prep school yielded a D3 player of the year at Salisbury and a few other greats.
Just messing around but loved that movie for a long time. When he kisses the passes out girl may be problematic today-seize the day!

I’m more familiar w the NE schools, know very little about St Andrews compared w Deerfield, Hotchkiss, Choate, Andover, Exeter, etc but presume it’s similar.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:49 am
a fan wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:06 am

And you'll "win", OS.

Did the pledge of allegiance make any kids feel guilty, feel aggrieved, or divide then from their schoolmates ?
Putting the hand up flat in a 45 degree angle was meant to unite…
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:40 am
a fan wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:36 pm Who needs pre-K?
How will govt funded universal pre-k work ? Will 2 yr old toddlers be riding school buses ? Driver + baby wranglers on each bus ? Lot's of wide open spaces in red counties. How are parents going to work 8 hr shifts ?
There are all sorts of state programs already in place you just aren’t paying attention.

https://earlychildhood.marylandpublicsc ... ssing-prek

But of course that would require you to take a view outside your own experience. Like that something doesn’t divide or something unites based solely on your personal observation and experience.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

old salt wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:45 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:29 pm Indoctrinate my dogma, not someone else's.
Stick to the "basics"...no critical thinking allowed, either.
Keep your dogma out of my kids mind. Educate, don't indoctrinate.
Your idea of critical thinking = here's what we want you to think.

I'm only referring to what I expect from public schools.
I prefer neutral & back to basics.
... you are such a fraud. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:35 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:29 pm Indoctrinate my dogma, not someone else's.

Personal attacks aren’t needed.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:35 am

I didn’t understand the equation unless he’s really bad at logic. Would not earn a high grade for coming up with that one even at Liberty U or Bob Jones.

Return to “POLITICS”