Voting Rights

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: Voting Rights

Post by jhu72 »

old salt wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:55 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:09 pm You've got classrooms with 30+ kids, and you think these teachers have time for your fake boogieman "indoctrination". :lol:
That's why they just use the 1619 Project lesson guides & other stealth CRT "resources" that are provided by their supervisors or in their required continuing education classes. See my previous post for examples.
... more lies. 1619 is not CRT, not stealth, not any CRT. It is called HISTORY!
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:58 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:30 am
old salt wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:40 am
a fan wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:36 pm Who needs pre-K?
How will govt funded universal pre-k work ? Will 2 yr old toddlers be riding school buses ? Driver + baby wranglers on each bus ? Lot's of wide open spaces in red counties. How are parents going to work 8 hr shifts ?
There are all sorts of state programs already in place you just aren’t paying attention.

https://earlychildhood.marylandpublicsc ... ssing-prek *

But of course that would require you to take a view outside your own experience. Like that something doesn’t divide or something unites based solely on your personal observation and experience.
I'm aware of existing preschool services.* They do not provide universal pre k.
If universal pre k is to be attained, it will take a lot more than what BBB is promising.
BBB only funds pre k for below median income families.
I does not help with the transportation & extended child care hours necessary for a working single parent to use the entitlement.
To be universal, states will have to fund a lot of this :
* If eligible, your local Department of Social Services will issue you a scholarship for additional child care choices.
Georgia funds it to all providers that get approved through lottery ticket dollars. Which is pretty funny, take cash from folks who buy lotto tickets and recycle those dollars into the program.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:11 pm
How will govt funded universal pre-k work ? Will 2 yr old toddlers be riding school buses ? Driver + baby wranglers on each bus ? Lot's of wide open spaces in red counties. How are parents going to work 8 hr shifts ?
There are all sorts of state programs already in place you just aren’t paying attention.

But of course that would require you to take a view outside your own experience. Like that something doesn’t divide or something unites based solely on your personal observation and experience.
If universal pre k is to be attained, it will take a lot more than what BBB is promising.
I does not help with the transportation & extended child care hours necessary for a working single parent to use the entitlement.
* If eligible, your local Department of Social Services will issue you a scholarship for additional child care choices.
Georgia funds it to all providers that get approved through lottery ticket dollars. Which is pretty funny, take cash from folks who buy lotto tickets and recycle those dollars into the program.
That's a good use of lotto $ imo. That's real $, not fed deficit $.

Does GA already provide transport to/from pre k & can they meet demand if it becomes universal (whatever that turns out to be) ?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

old salt

Post by old salt »

:lol: ...have you always been so supportive of your fellow JHU alum ? Will you be joining me in supporting his run for Gov ?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:23 pm

Does GA already provide transport to/from pre k & can they meet demand if it becomes universal (whatever that turns out to be) ?
Pretty sure no and we got screwed by a former child care director at our joint as only so many slots got the freebie and it only runs until 3pm and the paid pre k goes until 6 but we paid for a second year for son who wasn't ready with a 8/23 birthday to go to Kindergarten when school starts 8/5 area and some kids would be turning 6 before he turned 5. Wasn't cool paying an extra $12k or so for that year when there was a free option that the head jammed us up on because I didn't let her get away with her antics but well worth it in his development as a boy I can say for sure and how I know how important that 3-6 are territory is for all kids.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:29 pm

Pretty sure no and we got screwed by a former child care director at our joint as only so many slots got the freebie and it only runs until 3pm and the paid pre k goes until 6 but we paid for a second year for son who wasn't ready with a 8/23 birthday to go to Kindergarten when school starts 8/5 area and some kids would be turning 6 before he turned 5. Wasn't cool paying an extra $12k or so for that year when there was a free option that the head jammed us up on because I didn't let her get away with her antics but well worth it in his development as a boy I can say for sure and how I know how important that 3-6 are territory is for all kids.
I appreciate your dilemma. Just imagine how hard it is to access for a single mom, working min wage, riding public transport, who doesn't want her kid(s) left behind.

That's why it's false advertising to say BBB includes universal pre K.
The parents & kids who most need it still won't be able to access the entitlement.
BBB only subsidizes families with below median income for 3 years.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:37 pm

I appreciate your dilemma. Just imagine how hard it is to access for a single mom, working min wage, riding public transport, who doesn't want her kid(s) left behind.

The parents & kids who most need it still won't be able to access the entitlement.
So the answer is do nothing? I don't understand your rejection of it. That it doesn't go far enough? Are you suggesting they are targeting a way to screw min wage single mothers in wide open rural republican dominated areas? That's the argument?
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:39 pm

So the answer is do nothing? I don't understand your rejection of it. That it doesn't go far enough? Are you suggesting they are targeting a way to screw min wage single mothers in wide open rural republican dominated areas? That's the argument?
I'm saying that it's a false promise to establish an unsustainable entitlement.
Call it what it is -- increased fed funding for existing pre k for low income families.
A way to help existing state & local programs.

Calling it universal pre k equates it to existing K-12 public education.
It's far from that. It's merely an increased subsidy for low income families.
It creates an entitlement expectation that cannot be met without a massive increase in funding, most likely from even more fed deficit spending.
If it's worth doing, find a way to pay for it without piling it onto the fed deficit.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:59 pm

Call it what it is -- increased fed funding for existing pre k for low income families.

It creates an entitlement expectation that cannot be met without a massive increase in funding, most likely from even more fed deficit spending.
If it's worth doing, find a way to pay for it without piling it onto the fed deficit.
Ok because before you were saying you had a problem with govt indoctrination of younger kids. Is it just assault the concept from all angles because you inherently don’t like it?

I propose we take it away from the defense budget and from ssi
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:01 pm

Ok because before you were saying you had a problem with govt indoctrination of younger kids. Is it just assault the concept from all angles because you inherently don’t like it?

When parents choose & pay for their own pre k, it's like private school or home schooling -- they have more options & more control over what their kids are being taught. This is increasingly less so with public education -- as this election just demonstrated.

Congress certainly has the power to fund it at the expense of the defense budget & ssi. BBB does not propose that.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:10 pm

When parents choose & pay for their own pre k, it's like private school or home schooling -- they have more options & more control over what their kids are being taught. This is increasingly less so with public education -- as this election just demonstrated.

Congress certainly has the power to fund it at the expense of the defense budget & ssi. BBB does not propose that.
There’s wait lists at every childcare place around Atlanta. Maybe some kinder are availability 20mi out of town. They go where you can get them in and hope they don’t get tossed like my son did from some bogus Goddard joint over not being fully potty trained within 2 months of turning 3 which we were working on and he got there not that much later which forced us into the second place where we could luckily get both kids in so I don’t know what choices and options you are talking about but there’s a flat out shortage of supply in every large metro I’m familiar with.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:14 pm

There’s wait lists at every childcare place around Atlanta. Maybe some kinder are availability 20mi out of town. They go where you can get them in and hope they don’t get tossed like my son did from some bogus Goddard joint over not being fully potty trained within 2 months of turning 3 which we were working on and he got there not that much later which forced us into the second place where we could luckily get both kids in so I don’t know what choices and options you are talking about but there’s a flat out shortage of supply in every large metro I’m familiar with.
I feel your pain. Will BBB be enough to fix it ? How about for kids in the exurbs & rural areas ?

If it becomes truely universal, how you gonna get all those kids to/from & who cares for them before/after pre k ?
We trust 5 yr olds on school buses. 3 & 4 yr olds ? latchkey toddlers ? It takes a village, & a lot of fed deficit $$$.
Gotta make it more "enriching" & reassuring than drag queen story time.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:32 pm

I feel your pain. Will BBB be enough to fix it ? How about for kids in the exurbs & rural areas ?

If it becomes truely universal, how you gonna get all those kids to/from & who cares for them before/after pre k ?
We trust 5 yr olds on school buses. 3 & 4 yr olds ? latchkey toddlers ? It takes a village, & a lot of fed deficit $$$.
What has been your experience?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

So you don’t have skin in the game and you don’t have a unified theory on it you just don’t like entitlements? Is that what you are saying because I don’t have a clear understanding of what you want and don’t want just rejection of certain cultural considerations. Do you flat out reject any universal Pre K under any circumstance? How would you solve this problem?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:47 pm

Won’t get an answer. Just a rejection and flailing. Take no position other than pure rejection and pretend to discuss a topic.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

old salt wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:43 pm
:lol: ...have you always been so supportive of your fellow JHU alum ? Will you be joining me in supporting his run for Gov ?
I doubt I will vote for him, but I would not have any problem if he did run and win.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:07 pm

Won’t get an answer. Just a rejection and flailing. Take no position other than pure rejection and pretend to discuss a topic.
Just wondering what Old Sailors experience has been and how he got through it. I had to deal with pre school, pre-K and kindergarten along with a bunch of friends and neighbors… Also have nieces and nephews going though it, some of which required a team effort. 80 year old friend In South Carolina had to look out for an 18 month old until a spot opened up. Both parents working and fortunately grandparents were around. Too old to be chasing an 18 month old but they did what they had to do.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

A few F-35s should do the trick. And cancel all armored vehicles — those things are sitting ducks for cheap drones as the Armenian Azerbijani dust up demonstrated. Oh, and no more manned aircraft. That will save us on pilot training and salary. Wetware is expensive and unreliable. Pretty sure drones gaven’t accepted Jeebus as their personal savior. Shitecan the flattops as well. Gonna be some expensive artificial reefs off of Taiwan if we aren’t careful.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:56 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:07 pm

Just wondering what Old Sailors experience has been and how he got through it. I had to deal with pre school, pre-K and kindergarten along with a bunch of friends and neighbors… Also have nieces and nephews going though it, some of which required a team effort. 80 year old friend In South Carolina had to look out for an 18 month old until a spot opened up. Both parents working and fortunately grandparents were around. Too old to be chasing an 18 month old but they did what they had to do.
We just had to make it all work while both working though she had a lot of flexibility in a lower level back office gig. But I subsidized that job of hers for a long time.

Return to “POLITICS”