All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Brooklyn

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Brooklyn »

https://twitter.com/mattwilstein/status ... 4156410884

”We will not see diseases like the coronavirus come here… isn’t that refreshing when contrasting it with the awful presidency of President Obama?”
— Kayleigh McEnany, 2/25/20

Oh the irony!
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Bart wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:28 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:23 pm
Bart wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:05 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:15 pm
ggait wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:30 pm
Kismet wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:00 pm
ggait wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:36 am Come on down Kayleigh McGaslight!

C+ for you.

PS - looking increasingly like Trump himself was the source for many of these infections.
Just announced two of her deputies also now positive. Likely more positives to come
Looking like the herd mentality in the West Wing ("we don't need no stinking masks") could soon lead to herd immunity.

Nice science experiment they are running there.

:roll:
Herd Resistance/Tolerance...not Immunity. ;)
I don’t quite get your take on this. Read the review. You think the way out is tolerance? Basically a lower viral effect with a higher load. We “tolerate” the pathogen better? I don’t see how that will happen without significant genetic shift. Any insight into that?
Not the way out, but a light at the end of tunnel.

Something is amiss IMO, and it may very well have nothing to do with the virus at its earlier/initial strongest. We all agree we are not yet at Herd Immunity, yet our entire country, for the most part, has agreed to open up and begin getting busy....allowing more, without a major concern of re-0ccurance by out health professionals.

By arguing there is an in-between of "immunity" and "pandemic status"....there must be (a) 'current' version(s) of the virus that are either not as strong or our 'resistance' to fight is being established.

I yield to people smarter than me on this stuff....like yourself, but statistically, something is taking place that has minimized the original peril of contracting this thing.
I have not seen any data that suggests the virulance of the thing has decreased. It may be as simple as treatment regimens are better.
i don't know that there's any evidence that treatment regimens are better. other than working oxygen /ventilators better.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Probably the biggest difference is twofold. Not at this point overwhelming the system, and recognition of the real danger signs, so whatever treatment is used is better matched to the stage and level of disease.
Bart

Post by Bart »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:47 pm

C+ for you.

PS - looking increasingly like Trump himself was the source for many of these infections.
Just announced two of her deputies also now positive. Likely more positives to come
Looking like the herd mentality in the West Wing ("we don't need no stinking masks") could soon lead to herd immunity.

I don’t quite get your take on this. Read the review. You think the way out is tolerance? Basically a lower viral effect with a higher load. We “tolerate” the pathogen better? I don’t see how that will happen without significant genetic shift. Any insight into that?

Something is amiss IMO, and it may very well have nothing to do with the virus at its earlier/initial strongest. We all agree we are not yet at Herd Immunity, yet our entire country, for the most part, has agreed to open up and begin getting busy....allowing more, without a major concern of re-0ccurance by out health professionals.

By arguing there is an in-between of "immunity" and "pandemic status"....there must be (a) 'current' version(s) of the virus that are either not as strong or our 'resistance' to fight is being established.

I yield to people smarter than me on this stuff....like yourself, but statistically, something is taking place that has minimized the original peril of contracting this thing.
I have not seen any data that suggests the virulance of the thing has decreased. It may be as simple as treatment regimens are better.
i don't know that there's any evidence that treatment regimens are better. other than working oxygen /ventilators better.
That’s significant don’t you think? If you no longer jump to put a person on a ventilator you no longer damage the lungs from the treatment.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:07 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:39 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:24 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:02 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:37 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:18 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:09 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:36 pm Pretty sure that those who troll on here on this topic know full well how stupid they sound...they just want to push buttons.
Okay god.
:) I didn't take your question to be trolling, youth, but Petey certainly was doing so. You disagree?

That said, you've asked this resistance question a bunch of times. Why persist when it's been answered?

This really isn't a close call...if it was, it might make sense to ask how close could we be, but we're way, way off at this point. I don't see why you'd ask again, unless there's something new to consider?
I must have missed the answer, other than wgsdr’s reply.
It's been discussed again and again and again on these threads...red just one page ago repeated it.
No, we discussed Immunity, NOT resistance and tolerance, there is a clinical difference.

See Here:Immunology is a well-defined field in which we dissect the mechanisms behind resistance to infection, but we tend to look at the ability to tolerate infections in a less methodical manner.
youth, the word resistance has been used repeatedly as well.
Perhaps you think that resistance can be increased without exposure to the virus?

Happy to hear what it is that you are speculating about.
Again, I was referring to Petey's trolling not you.

Question: did you ever think the virus was a media or Democrat "hoax"?
No, never thought it was a hoax.
Good; me too.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Bart wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:53 pm

C+ for you.

That’s significant don’t you think? If you no longer jump to put a person on a ventilator you no longer damage the lungs from the treatment.
Treatment is better. A treasurer at a company with a therapeutic in phase 3 trials told me a month ago that treatment is better and the pressure to come up with a respiratory therapeutic isn’t as great as it was although the government is pressing them to continue. They won’t make any real money off the drug if it goes to market.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Bart wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:53 pm

C+ for you.

it's one. why i mentioned it. dexa by trials in intubated patients by word of mouth has been utilzed (steroids) for a long time including near the beginning.

monoclonals... by readout last week from regn very good results in patients with low immune response. they've got 275 patient readouts so far. 275! this was a read a number of months ago as possible and by smart people (sars, etc) probably the moment this erupted.

we have fewer than 30k in hospitals and are still losing 23k per month. i don't know what hospital turnover is, but that doesn't sound like a great ratio.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Trump's Rona infection behavior is not selling well. 69% of the population does not believe anything coming out of the White House or Trump's mouth in regard to his illness.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:20 pm Trump's Rona infection behavior is not selling well. 69% of the population does not believe anything coming out of the White House or Trump's mouth in regard to his illness.
a good start?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... good, bad, indifferent, they brought it on themselves.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:38 pm ... good, bad, indifferent, they brought it on themselves.
nah, i'd say it's good. we should all be so wise to not believe what comes out of our politician's mouths. and mouthpieces.

someday.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:38 pm ... good, bad, indifferent, they brought it on themselves.

Democrats are participation trophy types.
DocBarrister

Re: All things Trump CoronaVirus

Post by DocBarrister »

Just how stupid and reckless is Donald Trump? He took off his mask after arriving at the White House, presumably for a photo op.

(CNN)President Donald Trump staged a reckless departure from Walter Reed National Military Medical Center on Monday, telling his followers the virus that dangerously deprived him of oxygen and hospitalized him for 72 hours was nothing to fear before posing for a mask-less photo-op on the White House balcony.

It was a remarkable attempt to convert his still-ongoing disease into a show of strength, even as it underscored his longstanding practice of denying the pandemic's severity and downplaying its risks despite the more than 200,000 Americans dead.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/05/politics ... index.html

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
Typical Lax Dad

:!:
jhu72 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:20 pm Trump's Rona infection behavior is not selling well. 69% of the population does not believe anything coming out of the White House or Trump's mouth in regard to his illness.
The 31% is that persistent deplorable number. Always there in the metrics.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:45 pm
nah, i'd say it's good. we should all be so wise to not believe what comes out of our politician's mouths. and mouthpieces.

someday.
wgsdr,

Your sanity is much appreciated, but it will fall on deaf ears with jhu. Hes incapable of it, flatly and plainly :lol: :lol:

JoeMauer89!
Typical Lax Dad

someday.
Yep. Obama said you could keep your doctor and Bush said no new taxes. They lied about everything. Trump is no different.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:42 pm

someday.
Yep. Obama said you could keep your doctor and Bush said no new taxes. They lied about everything. Trump is no different.
everybody's got a viewpoint, thank gawd! mine hasn't changed in decades. quite the game, politics.

what an election!
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:05 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:42 pm

someday.
everybody's got a viewpoint, thank gawd! mine hasn't changed in decades. quite the game, politics.

what an election!
The only thing I hate more than politics is Donald Trump.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Lot's of glam shots of Marine One lately. Too bad the Sea King doesn't fly as good as it looks. Old, old bird.

We need a new Marine One helo before the old one pops an acorn filter & pumps the transmission dry.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MSNBC & PBS fave Dr Leana Wen on Trump's doctors :
We would certainly never lie to family members. And I believe that that's what is happening here. And it's unethical.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/2-doc ... alter-reed
Last edited by old salt on Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “POLITICS”