All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

MDlaxfan76

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Unfortunately, today's medical press conference continued to be dismayingly hiding selected aspects of the truth of the situation.

Red's summary appears to be quite correct.

Unless Trump's situation becomes markedly worse, I suspect they will have to do as he wishes and cover for him as he heads back to the White House end of tomorrow...but that's very likely a bad call by him.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:09 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:36 pm Pretty sure that those who troll on here on this topic know full well how stupid they sound...they just want to push buttons.
Okay god.
:) I didn't take your question to be trolling, youth, but Petey certainly was doing so. You disagree?

That said, you've asked this resistance question a bunch of times. Why persist when it's been answered?

This really isn't a close call...if it was, it might make sense to ask how close could we be, but we're way, way off at this point. I don't see why you'd ask again, unless there's something new to consider?
njbill

Post by njbill »

Information that is not revealed in response to questions is bad. No question about that. If it was good, they would reveal it. How bad is unknown. How important the bad unrevealed information is is also unknown.

My guess is the doctors don’t want him to go back to the White House tomorrow. I don’t think it was smart to release that information. If he is able to go back tomorrow, then so be it. But now if he doesn’t go back tomorrow, that will be seen as a setback. Putting aside the medical implications, that has negative political ramifications.

But Trump knows better than everyone, even the doctors.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

RedFromMI wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:05 pm The Atlantic article is a great one - and one that emphasizes backward tracing to find superspreader events. Thanks, Bart.
+1, very interesting.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:18 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:09 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:36 pm Pretty sure that those who troll on here on this topic know full well how stupid they sound...they just want to push buttons.
Okay god.
:) I didn't take your question to be trolling, youth, but Petey certainly was doing so. You disagree?

That said, you've asked this resistance question a bunch of times. Why persist when it's been answered?

This really isn't a close call...if it was, it might make sense to ask how close could we be, but we're way, way off at this point. I don't see why you'd ask again, unless there's something new to consider?
I must have missed the answer, other than wgsdr’s reply.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
njbill

Post by njbill »

Trump’s little car ride today was incredibly irresponsible. He has now exposed the Secret Service agents who are now required to go into quarantine.

Disgraceful.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Sweden is so confident that their COVID policy worked for kids and families they are doubling down.

Kids can still go to school even if a member of their household tests positive as long as they are symptom-free.

https://www.thelocal.se/20201001/new-re ... infections

Meanwhile American Democrats need permission from mommy to go to the bathroom. Pathetic.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

I think this guy is a physician at Walter Reed:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DrPhillipsMD ... 4385229827

The President is a disgrace.
old salt

Post by old salt »

njbill wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:38 pm Trump’s little car ride today was incredibly irresponsible. He has now exposed the Secret Service agents who are now required to go into quarantine.

Disgraceful.
Has the Secret Service confirmed that, or is that conjecture ?
Bart

Post by Bart »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:46 pm Sweden is so confident that their COVID policy worked for kids and families they are doubling down.

Kids can still go to school even if a member of their household tests positive as long as they are symptom-free.

https://www.thelocal.se/20201001/new-re ... infections

Meanwhile American Democrats need permission from mommy to go to the bathroom. Pathetic.
I noticed you skipped the part about the number of patients in the ICU doubling from 12 to 24 in the last several weeks.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

njbill

Post by njbill »

Those are the rules. If you are in close proximity to someone that has the virus, you have to quarantine. I believe those are the CDC guidelines. The White House has been doing this for months now.

Didn’t look to me like the Secret Service agents were wearing PPE other than masks.

Edit: looking at the video, it looks like the agent in the front passenger seat may have a gown on. Still, this was a completely unnecessary risk. Unnecessary to expose the agents who probably have families.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

seacoaster wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:06 pm https://mobile.twitter.com/ElizLanders/ ... 3446598659

A disgrace. Go ahead, prop him up.

If you believe that ‘story’, I bet you’re still hanging on the Easter Bunny too.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

njbill wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:06 pm Those are the rules. If you are in close proximity to someone that has the virus, you have to quarantine. I believe those are the CDC guidelines. The White House has been doing this for months now.

Didn’t look to me like the Secret Service agents were wearing PPE other than masks.

Edit: looking at the video, it looks like the agent in the front passenger seat may have a gown on. Still, this was a completely unnecessary risk. Unnecessary to expose the agents who probably have families.

The agents are young and in great shape. Even if they got infected they wouldn’t know.

The left is full of hysterics. No wonder Bette Midler and Rosie are your heroes.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:37 pm
njbill wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:06 pm Those are the rules. If you are in close proximity to someone that has the virus, you have to quarantine. I believe those are the CDC guidelines. The White House has been doing this for months now.

The agents are young and in great shape. Even if they got infected they wouldn’t even know.

The left is full of hysterics. No wonder Bette Midler and Rosie are your heroes.
So says the guy who knows absolutely nothing, and demonstrates it multiple times daily.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

RedFromMI wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:39 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:37 pm

The agents are young and in great shape. Even if they got infected they wouldn’t even know.

So says the guy who knows absolutely nothing, and demonstrates it multiple times daily.

Tell you what I know. I’ve been to a restaurant for lunch probably 280x out of the last 300 days. We don’t wear masks in restaurants down here. I don’t know one person who has been infected with COVID-19. Meanwhile, Bill de Blasio is shutting down schools in nyc even though kids are demonstrably incapable of passing along this virus. I’m watching CNN right now and Wolf is asking that galactic brain Dana Bash if Trump would transfer power if he was incapacitated.

Sane humans who read nonpartisan media sources are laughing at your hysteria.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Lots of talk that Trump should invoke the 25th, but is refusing to do so.

Here’s an enticement: if you invoke the 25th, tell him that Pence can pardon him. Pretty sure that Pence has all of the powers of president while the 25th is in effect.
old salt

Post by old salt »

It also looked like a N95 mask. HMX-1 would probably be out of pilots & aircrewmen if they had to quarantine everyone who'd flown Trump in the preceding contagion window.
Last edited by old salt on Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

njbill wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:50 pm Lots of talk that Trump should invoke the 25th, but is refusing to do so.

Here’s an enticement: if you invoke the 25th, tell him that Pence can pardon him. Pretty sure that Pence has all of the powers of president while the 25th is in effect.
Rationale?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

njbill wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:50 pm Lots of talk that Trump should invoke the 25th, but is refusing to do so.

Like an episode of Worst Wing. I say "do it!"

Return to “POLITICS”