All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Bart

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Bart »

Matnum PI wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:05 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:32 pm
njbill wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:23 pm Don’t recall any poster saying today that they hope Trump dies. Maybe you could provide an example if you think there was one.
MatnumPI
Yup. And my comment has little to nothing to do with "Dems" as was spoken to above. If trump was gone and Pence ran for POTUS, I may very well vote for Pence. That aside, i think people are minimizing what Trump losing the election and then refusing to admit defeat will do to this country. Especially when he will continue to have access to the media, traditional and social, for many, many years after the election. Trump's voice, no matter your politics, your perspectives, is so counter-productive, so damaging. SO damaging. The question is how to put Trump in the rearview mirror so the country can finally recover, finally move on from this chapter in US history. And, though obviously not a point of discussion that some like to hear, it is one way...
You continue to jump down this rabbit hole. Its one way.............. sorry man but what a crock of szhit. Advocating for the death of the President of the USA. I suppose you would be ok if the one way..........was a more nefarious manner and purpose? Just to move on. Is that the norm we should strive for? President is a piece of Schzit so we just need to have him die off or worse?

I said it previously, this is the same crap that hate groups use to bolster their position. It is no different. If this is the way of the future then you or anyone else who thinks this is ok have nothing, NOTHING to say about other hate groups advocating and carrying out similar strategies.

You are right, there may be other fall out with his presence after he looses the election. BUT......if you think the animosity suddenly goes away if he passes I think you are highly short sighted. The groups you are against will actively use it as a rallying cry and it will be, inho, worse. Much worse. And when they get worse, people who hold this point of view have no leg to stand on. It is just one way.......................

I hope the president looses the election. I trust in a republic that will have a transfer of power no matter how much of a blathering idiot the POTUS is.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

The percent chance this guy in the helmet is a Democrat stands between 100 and 110%.

Fanlax Dem.jpg
Fanlax Dem.jpg (30.98 KiB) Viewed 1365 times
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:24 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:02 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:37 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:18 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:09 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:36 pm Pretty sure that those who troll on here on this topic know full well how stupid they sound...they just want to push buttons.
Okay god.
:) I didn't take your question to be trolling, youth, but Petey certainly was doing so. You disagree?

That said, you've asked this resistance question a bunch of times. Why persist when it's been answered?

This really isn't a close call...if it was, it might make sense to ask how close could we be, but we're way, way off at this point. I don't see why you'd ask again, unless there's something new to consider?
I must have missed the answer, other than wgsdr’s reply.
It's been discussed again and again and again on these threads...red just one page ago repeated it.
No, we discussed Immunity, NOT resistance and tolerance, there is a clinical difference.

See Here:Immunology is a well-defined field in which we dissect the mechanisms behind resistance to infection, but we tend to look at the ability to tolerate infections in a less methodical manner.
youth, the word resistance has been used repeatedly as well.
Perhaps you think that resistance can be increased without exposure to the virus?

Happy to hear what it is that you are speculating about.
Again, I was referring to Petey's trolling not you.

Question: did you ever think the virus was a media or Democrat "hoax"?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:39 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:36 pm Pretty sure that those who troll on here on this topic know full well how stupid they sound...they just want to push buttons.
Okay god.
:) I didn't take your question to be trolling, youth, but Petey certainly was doing so. You disagree?

That said, you've asked this resistance question a bunch of times. Why persist when it's been answered?

This really isn't a close call...if it was, it might make sense to ask how close could we be, but we're way, way off at this point. I don't see why you'd ask again, unless there's something new to consider?
It's been discussed again and again and again on these threads...red just one page ago repeated it.
No, we discussed Immunity, NOT resistance and tolerance, there is a clinical difference.

See Here:Immunology is a well-defined field in which we dissect the mechanisms behind resistance to infection, but we tend to look at the ability to tolerate infections in a less methodical manner.
Perhaps you think that resistance can be increased without exposure to the virus?

The virus isn't a hoax; the Dem/media hysteria is.
DocBarrister

Re: All things Trump CoronaVirus

Post by DocBarrister »

old salt wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:50 pm
njbill wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:38 pm Trump’s little car ride today was incredibly irresponsible. He has now exposed the Secret Service agents who are now required to go into quarantine.

Disgraceful.
Has the Secret Service confirmed that, or is that conjecture ?
Afterward, members of the Secret Service voiced escalating concern at what many of the agency's personnel have determined is total disregard for their well-being amid a deadly and highly contagious pandemic. Agents have tested positive for the virus while traveling for the President's political rallies, which he insisted on maintaining even against federal health guidelines. As employees self-quarantine or isolate in place, others have been forced to work longer hours to fill the void.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/05/politics ... index.html

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:39 am
Okay god.

No, never thought it was a hoax.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

[quote}
njbill wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:38 pm Trump’s little car ride today was incredibly irresponsible. He has now exposed the Secret Service agents who are now required to go into quarantine.

Disgraceful.
Afterward, members of the Secret Service voiced escalating concern at what many of the agency's personnel have determined is total disregard for their well-being amid a deadly and highly contagious pandemic. Agents have tested positive for the virus while traveling for the President's political rallies, which he insisted on maintaining even against federal health guidelines. As employees self-quarantine or isolate in place, others have been forced to work longer hours to fill the void.

[/quote]
3 points:

1) Unnamed sources. :roll:
2) Everyone chooses their job.
3) N95s and hepa filters are a real thing.
Last edited by kramerica.inc on Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:52 am

Disgraceful.

OH MY orange man bad and reckless.

Yet here we have the governor of one of the most locked down states in the country along with his wife—both always behind a mask, even when wearing black face— testing positive for the Chinese virus.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/vi ... story.html

Face it this virus is going to run its course no matter what.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:08 am [quote}

Disgraceful.

3 points:

[/quote]

Masks are the answer!

So why aren't they enough.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Disgraceful.

3 points:

[/quote]

Like police officers and folks that volunteer for the military? Did not the Benghazi personnel choose their jobs?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:21 am

Disgraceful.

3 points:

Like police officers and folks that volunteer for the military? Did not the Benghazi personnel choose their jobs?
[/quote]

Yes. Risk and reward
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Bart wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:32 am You continue to jump down this rabbit hole. Its one way.............. sorry man but what a crock of szhit. Advocating for the death of the President of the USA. I suppose you would be ok if the one way..........was a more nefarious manner and purpose? Just to move on. Is that the norm we should strive for? President is a piece of Schzit so we just need to have him die off or worse?

I said it previously, this is the same dump that hate groups use to bolster their position. It is no different. If this is the way of the future then you or anyone else who thinks this is ok have nothing, NOTHING to say about other hate groups advocating and carrying out similar strategies.

You are right, there may be other fall out with his presence after he looses the election. BUT......if you think the animosity suddenly goes away if he passes I think you are highly short sighted. The groups you are against will actively use it as a rallying cry and it will be, inho, worse. Much worse. And when they get worse, people who hold this point of view have no leg to stand on. It is just one way.......................

I hope the president looses the election. I trust in a republic that will have a transfer of power no matter how much of a blathering idiot the POTUS is.
I'm not advocating for the death of the POTUS. At least not in a way that you're painting it. I'm merely pointing out that this POTUS is unique. Many want to treat Trump like he's just another GOP candidate and... This is not the case. We've become desensitized as the new normal has become normal and... We need to go back to actual normal. A normal where scientists who study and are experts about a specific disciplines of science are trusted more than a TV figure/businessman. Even if he is the POTUS. This isn't just about Coronavirus and the environment. It's about much more. People who listen to the POTUS's nonsense need to become the fringe. Many years from now, when history is written, Trump will be described in very similar terms as cult leaders that came before him. (This will include his Narcissistic Personality Disorder.) The major difference between him and so many cult leaders that came before him being that he had substantially more influence and power. But the Narcissism, the personalities will match all but perfectly. There will always be blind followers. This is just a reality. But an important question is how to minimize these numbers of followers. (I want to repeat, what we are discussing is not the norm pre- and post-elections. Trump is truly unique.) With doomsdays cults, the leader says, At midnight, we all fly to Zoron! and after midnight, innumerable people double down even though they are obviously not on the planet Zoron. But the people pre-midnight who expressed some doubt, they walk away. They move on. As long as they don't land on Zoron. My interest is creating as many of the latter as possible. And, yes, even if this involves the death of our president. 100% by natural causes, by the Coronavirus. Hate groups wishing a POTUS dead is very different than what I'm saying. What's happening to trump is 100% self-inflicted. I want this man who has convinced so many that arrogance and braggadocio is enough to keep us safe to demonstrate in no uncertain terms that he was wrong. Bart, i get it, my saying what i'm saying is extreme but what we're dealing with is extreme.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Okay god.

a preprint from a while ago became peer reviewed and published last week:
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41590- ... NRJournals

81% non-exposed show cross-reactive response. author came on to remind that doesn't equal immunity. there've been dozens of studies showing similar action. there will be more. making it an actual science experiment in real life -- like with masks, not sure we'll see it. at least not before warpspeed gets us a mandated vaccine.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:26 am
Bart wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:32 am You continue to jump down this rabbit hole. Its one way.............. sorry man but what a crock of szhit. Advocating for the death of the President of the USA. I suppose you would be ok if the one way..........was a more nefarious manner and purpose? Just to move on. Is that the norm we should strive for? President is a piece of Schzit so we just need to have him die off or worse?

I said it previously, this is the same dump that hate groups use to bolster their position. It is no different. If this is the way of the future then you or anyone else who thinks this is ok have nothing, NOTHING to say about other hate groups advocating and carrying out similar strategies.

I'm not advocating for the death of the POTUS. At least not in a way that you're painting it. I'm merely pointing out that this POTUS is unique. Many want to treat Trump like he's just another GOP candidate and... This is not the case. We've become desensitized as the new normal has become normal and... We need to go back to actual normal. A normal where scientists who study and are experts about a specific disciplines of science are trusted more than a TV figure/businessman. Even if he is the POTUS. This isn't just about Coronavirus and the environment. It's about much more. People who listen to the POTUS's nonsense need to become the fringe. Many years from now, when history is written, Trump will be described in very similar terms as cult leaders that came before him. (This will include his Narcissistic Personality Disorder.) The major difference between him and so many cult leaders that came before him being that he had substantially more influence and power. But the Narcissism, the personalities will match all but perfectly. There will always be blind followers. This is just a reality. But an important question is how to minimize these numbers of followers. (I want to repeat, what we are discussing is not the norm pre- and post-elections. Trump is truly unique.) With doomsdays cults, the leader says, At midnight, we all fly to Zoron! and after midnight, innumerable people double down even though they are obviously not on the planet Zoron. But the people pre-midnight who expressed some doubt, they walk away. They move on. As long as they don't land on Zoron. My interest is creating as many of the latter as possible. And, yes, even if this involves the death of our president. 100% by natural causes, by the Coronavirus. Hate groups wishing a POTUS dead is very different than what I'm saying. What's happening to trump is 100% self-inflicted. I want this man who has convinced so many that arrogance and braggadocio is enough to keep us safe to demonstrate in no uncertain terms that he was wrong. Bart, i get it, my saying what i'm saying is extreme but what we're dealing with is extreme.

Not a cult....

Dems.jpeg
Dems.jpeg (83.12 KiB) Viewed 1306 times
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Disgraceful.

3 points:

[/quote]

Ain't the secret service the same people who knowingly volunteer to take a bullet to save the life of the POTUS?
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:49 am

Not a cult....

Dems.jpeg
We have been told by our friends on this forum that this mob was just a bunch of kids being too "rambunctious" I wonder how anyone on this forum would feel if threatened or confronted in the same manner? This was flat out intimidation by a mob of goons trying to frighten and intimidate innocent people. I only wish the woman had some pepper spray and hit everyone of those people in her grill right up their snoots with it. If you wanna play that game you should be willing to pay the consequences of your actions.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:08 am
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:49 am

Not a cult....

Dems.jpeg
We have been told by our friends on this forum that this mob was just a bunch of kids being too "rambunctious" I wonder how anyone on this forum would feel if threatened or confronted in the same manner? This was flat out intimidation by a mob of goons trying to frighten and intimidate innocent people. I only wish the woman had some pepper spray and hit everyone of those people in her grill right up their snoots with it. If you wanna play that game you should be willing to pay the consequences of your actions.
Who's the fascist
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:49 am Not a cult....
Dems.jpeg
Correct. That's not a cult. That's a mob.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15

Return to “POLITICS”