All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

njbill

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by njbill »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:52 pm
njbill wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:50 pm Lots of talk that Trump should invoke the 25th, but is refusing to do so.

Here’s an enticement: if you invoke the 25th, tell him that Pence can pardon him. Pretty sure that Pence has all of the powers of president while the 25th is in effect.
Rationale?
Not sure what you’re asking. Why would trump want a pardon? Seems pretty obvious, doesn’t it?
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:13 pm Unfortunately, today's medical press conference continued to be dismayingly hiding selected aspects of the truth of the situation.

Red's summary appears to be quite correct.

Unless Trump's situation becomes markedly worse, I suspect they will have to do as he wishes and cover for him as he heads back to the White House end of tomorrow...but that's very likely a bad call by him.
How is it a bad call by him? It doesn't matter what he does, he cant win I guess. :roll:

JoeMauer89!
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:36 pm Pretty sure that those who troll on here on this topic know full well how stupid they sound...they just want to push buttons.
No fluckin snit. I can’t figure out why the resident troll keeps getting responded to when that troll is clearly here to rattle cages. Do folks here routinely mix it up with town drunks at a bar or a derelict at the train station? Just pass and move on please.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Under the heading of "You gotta love the Trumps." Ivanka visited 3 interlocking non-profit / charity businesses / locations in Charlotte on Thursday and now the charity has to pay to deep clean their establishments according to the Charlotte Observer. The overarching charity is a nonprofit corporation that provides innovative programs and services for children and adults with varying degrees of mental retardation and physical handicaps, known as Holy Angels. Even though she probably had no pre-knowledge of DJTs Rona diagnoses, you would think Ivanka would spring for the tab. We'll see.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Travon Free
@Travon
·
8h
The moral of the story is, he lied to you for months and encouraged you to live wrecklessly during a pandemic, and when it got to him he received every top tier treatment and medication to ensure his survival while your friends and family died alone. Remember that on Nov 3rd.

https://twitter.com/Travon/status/13128 ... 2Fpage-492
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
njbill

Post by njbill »

If I were governor, I would not let Trump in my state until he provides proof from an independent expert he is not contagious. I would padlock and chain the venue and have my national guard encircle the building if necessary.

What he has been doing is absolute BS. One dead so far (Cain). How many more to come?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:37 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:18 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:09 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:36 pm Pretty sure that those who troll on here on this topic know full well how stupid they sound...they just want to push buttons.
Okay god.
:) I didn't take your question to be trolling, youth, but Petey certainly was doing so. You disagree?

That said, you've asked this resistance question a bunch of times. Why persist when it's been answered?

This really isn't a close call...if it was, it might make sense to ask how close could we be, but we're way, way off at this point. I don't see why you'd ask again, unless there's something new to consider?
I must have missed the answer, other than wgsdr’s reply.
It's been discussed again and again and again on these threads...red just one page ago repeated it.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

“The assertion by President Trump’s doctors that he could be discharged from the hospital as early as Monday astonished outside infectious-disease experts, who said he remains in a dangerous period of vulnerability when some covid-19 patients decline precipitously and require urgent intervention,” the Washington Post reports.

“Outside doctors said they were mystified by what they said was an inconsistent portrayal of the president’s illness as relatively mild despite the aggressive mix of treatments he is getting.”

Margaret Brennan: “I don’t see why the expectation has now been set for the President to be discharged tomorrow. If he is not discharged, that will now raise further questions. A short term positive headline now becomes a benchmark.”
Unknown Participant

Re: All things tRUMPVirus

Post by Unknown Participant »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:49 pm
Unknown Participant wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:18 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:29 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:19 pm
Every day he stays off Twitter, he gains 2.5% nationally.

Let’s go boys; time to elect actual patriots who love America and simultaneously bury Democratic treason!

tRUMP through his stupidity kills over 200,000 Americans but Petey in his delusionalism accuses Dems of treason. :lol:
No sir. The virus was going to kill some people. Every nation in the world has been affected and has had citizens die. To deny this is sort 'a, kind 'a dumb. To claim Trump was at fault for 200,000 deaths is also kind 'a dumb. It makes you seem like just another lib with a clear case of TDS. People die of stuff, it happens (without mentioning intentionally inflated US Covid deaths to get those federal $s). Now, while I think that the US' response at the outset could have been handled a little better, when the US geared up, it did a good job producing needed things, masks, ventilators, treatments, etc. Further, if the d*** f*** governors of NY and NJ had not basically sentenced nursing home residents to death sentences by sending infected persons there, the US death rate would have been in much better shape compared to other E8 countries.
You are wrong. If you took out all reported nursing home deaths, about 80,000. We would be behind Brazil and ahead of India in deaths. #2 in the world. Our peers are now Brazil, India and Mexico. A USA passport won't get you into those countries because we are infected.
I doubt I am wrong when this is all over. We'll see, I guess. I don't trust any data I see from third and second world countries.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:32 pm
njbill wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:23 pm Don’t recall any poster saying today that they hope Trump dies. Maybe you could provide an example if you think there was one.
MatnumPI
Yup. And my comment has little to nothing to do with "Dems" as was spoken to above. If trump was gone and Pence ran for POTUS, I may very well vote for Pence. That aside, i think people are minimizing what Trump losing the election and then refusing to admit defeat will do to this country. Especially when he will continue to have access to the media, traditional and social, for many, many years after the election. Trump's voice, no matter your politics, your perspectives, is so counter-productive, so damaging. SO damaging. The question is how to put Trump in the rearview mirror so the country can finally recover, finally move on from this chapter in US history. And, though obviously not a point of discussion that some like to hear, it is one way...
Last edited by Matnum PI on Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:13 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:13 pm Unfortunately, today's medical press conference continued to be dismayingly hiding selected aspects of the truth of the situation.

Red's summary appears to be quite correct.

Unless Trump's situation becomes markedly worse, I suspect they will have to do as he wishes and cover for him as he heads back to the White House end of tomorrow...but that's very likely a bad call by him.
How is it a bad call by him? It doesn't matter what he does, he cant win I guess. :roll:

JoeMauer89!
Joe, assuming you're serious, he's on 3, count'em 3, experimental drugs, and clearly has evident pneumonia. He's not out of the woods on this for at least another week. Hopefully all will go well, but if Friday made sense to get his butt to the hospital, it sure as heck makes sense to stay for the duration of handling this.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Unknown Participant wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:05 pm

Let’s go boys; time to elect actual patriots who love America and simultaneously bury Democratic treason!

tRUMP through his stupidity kills over 200,000 Americans but Petey in his delusionalism accuses Dems of treason. :lol:
No sir. The virus was going to kill some people. Every nation in the world has been affected and has had citizens die. To deny this is sort 'a, kind 'a dumb. To claim Trump was at fault for 200,000 deaths is also kind 'a dumb. It makes you seem like just another lib with a clear case of TDS. People die of stuff, it happens (without mentioning intentionally inflated US Covid deaths to get those federal $s). Now, while I think that the US' response at the outset could have been handled a little better, when the US geared up, it did a good job producing needed things, masks, ventilators, treatments, etc. Further, if the d*** f*** governors of NY and NJ had not basically sentenced nursing home residents to death sentences by sending infected persons there, the US death rate would have been in much better shape compared to other E8 countries.
You are wrong. If you took out all reported nursing home deaths, about 80,000. We would be behind Brazil and ahead of India in deaths. #2 in the world. Our peers are now Brazil, India and Mexico. A USA passport won't get you into those countries because we are infected.
I doubt I am wrong when this is all over. We'll see, I guess. I don't trust any data I see from third and second world countries.
UP, you're out to lunch on this, but I do agree that Trump is not to blame for all 200,000 or so deaths so far...but over half of those, you betcha.

But hey, we're not going to persuade Trump cultists on here.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Trump’s Treatment Suggests Severe Covid-19, Medical Experts Say https://nyti.ms/3ldJTgl
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:10 pm

UP, you're out to lunch on this, but I do agree that Trump is not to blame for all 200,000 or so deaths so far...but over half of those, you betcha.

Thank you for agreeing to my initial response. Let's see where we are 6-12 months from now. I will bet that half is more hyperbole. Who knows?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Unknown Participant wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:19 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:10 pm

Thank you for agreeing to my initial response. Let's see where we are 6-12 months from now. I will bet that half is more hyperbole. Who knows?
Nope, we should have topped out at about 60-80k. After all didn't Trump say so?

Seriously, we're more than 4X deaths per million pop of the world.
and if you doubt that number, we're 2.5X of Canada and more than 5X of Germany.
Hey, if that's not enough, we're 50X of Japan and 80X of South Korea...

and no, we don't have more cases (and deaths) because we test more...
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

What you are banking on outsized nursing home deaths going forward? We resemble a third world country in many respects.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

I sure hope Orange Duce is out of the hospital and feeling well on Friday. They will be announcing the Nobel Peace Prize and he is a shoe in! Be a real bummer to be in the hospital when the announcement came down.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Orange Duce appears on Fox News after testing positive and doesn't tell them. He failed a rapid test and appeared on the show while waiting for results from a second confirming test. This according to the Wall Street Journal.

He does not care about your health, you are his inferior, less than a spec of dirt on his shoe and due no consideration whatsoever. He is a piece of sh!t. You have no life, no meaning other than to serve the all powerful Orange Duce and then be discarded when you serve your purpose. This is your president.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:02 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:37 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:18 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:09 pm
Okay god.
:) I didn't take your question to be trolling, youth, but Petey certainly was doing so. You disagree?

That said, you've asked this resistance question a bunch of times. Why persist when it's been answered?

This really isn't a close call...if it was, it might make sense to ask how close could we be, but we're way, way off at this point. I don't see why you'd ask again, unless there's something new to consider?
I must have missed the answer, other than wgsdr’s reply.
It's been discussed again and again and again on these threads...red just one page ago repeated it.
No, we discussed Immunity, NOT resistance and tolerance, there is a clinical difference.

See Here:Immunology is a well-defined field in which we dissect the mechanisms behind resistance to infection, but we tend to look at the ability to tolerate infections in a less methodical manner.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “POLITICS”