Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:26 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:55 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:45 pm Nope, if you don't report income, fraudulently, and the IRS doesn't find out about it, you don't get a pass after 6 years of the IRS not knowing better...it's only when that income is reported or discovered that the IRS THEN has a six year window to make a charging decision...the story the whistleblowers tell is that they didn't know about the missing income until 2018...and finished investigating it by 2020...so, the decision COULD have been made in 2020...by the Trump DOJ, the Trump appointed AG, the Trump appointed prosecutors in each jurisdiction...but they didn't...if the decision really needed to be made when the Trump folks were in absolute control, they blew it...note, they COULD have indicted what they had complete and sufficient evidence about, and continued investigating other possible criminal activities so it wasn't because "other evidence was coming in"...I think the likelihood is that they preferred claiming that there was something more nefarious to be concerned about with Hunter...and the prosecutor know he really didn't have any credible evidence of such that he could bring to court...

But the window for pulling the trigger on the decision would have been until 2024 for criminal charges...and 2028 for civil charges.

The Trump appointed prosecutor is saying, under penalty of lying to Congress, that post Biden taking over, post the appointment of Garland as AG, he wasn't under any political pressure to make a different charging decision, that it was his to pursue...or not. And he did the deal he thought appropriate, given the restitution and plea.
Does the IRS work that fast ? When did the IRS first have indications that HB had unreported income for 2014 & failed to file for 2014 ?
Was it before his tax advisor finally convinced him to allow him to file returns for 2014 & 2015, presumably in Oct 2016 ?
What triggers did the IRS have to detect his failure to file before he actually did ? 1099's ? W-2's ?
Was that not the darkest period of his addiction when he was off the rails & off the grid ?
Not sure when the IRS could have known, but my understanding is that the IRS guys are saying that the income not reported at all wasn't; discovered until 2018.

Note, if tax returns are amended with the full income reported, the worst that typically happens is payment required with some penalties. If you come clean before the IRS knows there's an issue, and make payment, no big deal. Happens all the time.

But this is, if the IRS agents are to be believed, income not reported at all, hidden from view on purpose...and they didn't know (or think) that until 2018. The issue then becomes whether there really is such unreported income, how much it is, and whether the taxpayer is willing to make restitution. That needn't take very long, certainly not multiple years.

I do wonder whether anyone is open to considering whether the IRS is actually grossly underfunded, on purpose, such that complex, big money cases are so under staffed that it's just easier to find a settlement and let it go...or just move on to something easier. This actually would be in the "easier" category and wasn't 'big" money. But it was high profile, and the IRS likes to use profile cases to send a message. But this was way, way less money at stake than the typical high profile cases of tax avoidance.

Ironic that the MAGA GOP is so determined to reduce funding for, "de-fund", the IRS.
Who knows ? Maybe Manafort & Gates would have skated had they not jumped on the Trump bandwagon. ...& we'd never have heard of FARA.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Kismet wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:44 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:32 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:12 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:02 pm
Kismet wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:53 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:44 am Few addicts have been enabled as lavishly as Hunter Biden has.

No politician has exploited their family tragedies as often as Joe Biden has.
Yet another ignorant comment by someone demonstrably clueless about addiction. In fact, you likely don't have anywhere near the amount of information about this particular case aside from the garbage you read from your side of the aisle. Your partisan bias is pathetic. :oops:
I can't speak for OS but I watched my best friend in the world die from his 10 year addiction to cocaine. Does that make my opinion and observations and real world experience clueless as well? How many of you folks out there think Hunter will stay on the strait and narrow path once his old man is out of office? He is too arrogant and too big of a jerk to ever change who he is.
Really? How well do you know Hunter?
I was unaware he was an old friend.

Obviously, it's tragic that your friend succumbed to his addiction and died, as my family member did.

But millions of people successfully deal with their addiction and don't succumb...BTW, I'm sure some of these are "arrogant" "jerks". But they make it. I would agree that humility in the face of addiction can be very helpful to successful recovery. But not everyone who succumbs is an 'arrogant jerk'...

It's likely to be a lifelong challenge for Hunter...like with any such person, I suggest hoping or praying for their successful recovery is the appropriate sentiment. Doesn't mean giving them a pass for their mistakes, just a measure of understanding and maybe some empathy...but for the grace of God there go I
Until you have lived the experience you will never be able to understand the heartbreak it causes to everyone around that individual. One night around 3 am he showed up at my back door totally wiped out and delusional that the police were following him. He wound up flushing an ounce of cocaine down the toilet of a local watering hole. I had his ex wife call me because he promised his kids he would be over that day to bring them presents for Christmas. He was a no show and his 2 kids waited for him on the porch crying their eyes out. I use to go with him to his meetings when he was inpatient at Park Ridge chemical dependency. There were times when that sparkle would come back to his eyes. There were times I actually thought he might make it this time. I lost track of how many rehabs, how many promises that this time would be different and the list goes on and on of empty broken promises. Every drug addict has to find their bottom. That bottom is deeper and darker for every addict. My friend who I loved like he was my brother never found his bottom no matter how deep he sank. Excuse the hell out of me for doubting Hunter is any different. You can believe what these people tell you ad your own peril. Sorry but this old guy has already traveled down that road.
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?"

That said, sorry about your friend but that bad experience does not make you any more credible or even right about Hunter Biden.

I've lived the experience, too with an immediate family member and I'll take a pass on your lecture, professor.
It’s just dumb and thoughtless, the same hyper localized and perpetually internalized nonsense with no incremental value.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:34 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:26 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:55 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:45 pm Nope, if you don't report income, fraudulently, and the IRS doesn't find out about it, you don't get a pass after 6 years of the IRS not knowing better...it's only when that income is reported or discovered that the IRS THEN has a six year window to make a charging decision...the story the whistleblowers tell is that they didn't know about the missing income until 2018...and finished investigating it by 2020...so, the decision COULD have been made in 2020...by the Trump DOJ, the Trump appointed AG, the Trump appointed prosecutors in each jurisdiction...but they didn't...if the decision really needed to be made when the Trump folks were in absolute control, they blew it...note, they COULD have indicted what they had complete and sufficient evidence about, and continued investigating other possible criminal activities so it wasn't because "other evidence was coming in"...I think the likelihood is that they preferred claiming that there was something more nefarious to be concerned about with Hunter...and the prosecutor know he really didn't have any credible evidence of such that he could bring to court...

But the window for pulling the trigger on the decision would have been until 2024 for criminal charges...and 2028 for civil charges.

The Trump appointed prosecutor is saying, under penalty of lying to Congress, that post Biden taking over, post the appointment of Garland as AG, he wasn't under any political pressure to make a different charging decision, that it was his to pursue...or not. And he did the deal he thought appropriate, given the restitution and plea.
Does the IRS work that fast ? When did the IRS first have indications that HB had unreported income for 2014 & failed to file for 2014 ?
Was it before his tax advisor finally convinced him to allow him to file returns for 2014 & 2015, presumably in Oct 2016 ?
What triggers did the IRS have to detect his failure to file before he actually did ? 1099's ? W-2's ?
Was that not the darkest period of his addiction when he was off the rails & off the grid ?
Not sure when the IRS could have known, but my understanding is that the IRS guys are saying that the income not reported at all wasn't; discovered until 2018.

Note, if tax returns are amended with the full income reported, the worst that typically happens is payment required with some penalties. If you come clean before the IRS knows there's an issue, and make payment, no big deal. Happens all the time.

But this is, if the IRS agents are to be believed, income not reported at all, hidden from view on purpose...and they didn't know (or think) that until 2018. The issue then becomes whether there really is such unreported income, how much it is, and whether the taxpayer is willing to make restitution. That needn't take very long, certainly not multiple years.

I do wonder whether anyone is open to considering whether the IRS is actually grossly underfunded, on purpose, such that complex, big money cases are so under staffed that it's just easier to find a settlement and let it go...or just move on to something easier. This actually would be in the "easier" category and wasn't 'big" money. But it was high profile, and the IRS likes to use profile cases to send a message. But this was way, way less money at stake than the typical high profile cases of tax avoidance.

Ironic that the MAGA GOP is so determined to reduce funding for, "de-fund", the IRS.
Who knows ? Maybe Manafort & Gates would have skated had they not jumped on the Trump bandwagon. ...& we'd never have heard of FARA.
Not sure of the connection to the rest of this, but yeah, Manafort and Gates undoubtedly "came to attention" as they were so flamboyantly drawing attention with their political activities, whether in the Baltics or then on behalf of Putin/Trump via Deripaska.... Would that have been sufficient to draw attention and prosecution had they not conspicuously joined the Trump Campaign...UNPAID...which is unheard of in the campaign racket...question was obvious, who are these guys and who is actually paying them...and are they reporting it? The cases got brought under the attention it got because of the Mueller investigation, not because the IRS had prioritized it among many potential such cases.

So, if the connection is the understaffing, yup, the IRS doesn't pursue most potential cases, just don't have enough personnel...so, they take the layups and force settlements, and if they have a case that will get media attention and they know is slam dunk they'll use it to send a message to others...

But the ones where the perp taxpayer is smart enough to have hired all sorts of accountants and lawyers to obfuscate their tax liabilities, the cases are much, much harder to organize and bring to justice...and the man hours aren't there for every such case.

That's great for large, sophisticated tax avoiders...and only much more funding support can solve that. But if we fund that effort, we should be sure that the money is enough to be able to focus attention on the big tax avoiders, and not mom and pop who just got behind and struggled to get caught up but wants to do so. Gotta be some oversight on how the priorities get set. But starve them of money and all the effort will go to the easy lay-ups, typically the unsophisticated. Egregious tax avoidance should be addressed, even if not large, but it's the large, chronic tax cheats that should get the manpower.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:30 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:22 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:01 pm To drag it out until the SOL for 2014 & 2015 ran, extend it beyond the 2020 & 2022 elections, then take a sweetheart plea deal before the 2024 election campaign begins, while publicly embracing Hunter at every opportunity.
The latest Biden family tragedy overcome, except for grandkid #7.
1. That's Barr's CHOICE, my man. There's nothing on the books...and if he explains that the man didn't pay his taxes, and the limitations are gonna run out? :lol: Who in the F is going to complain besides idiots?

2. Now you're back to explaining why, if they were covering for Hunter, they didn't rip the band aid off WAY before 2023.

It just doesn't hold water, no matter how much you try and force it. What's more, it's plain you know this, and are just spooling me up.

Enjoy your weekend!
That wasn't Barr's CHOICE. It was his BELIEF which prompted him to return to Govt service. That the DoJ (most visibly via Comey's FBI) had interfered in the 2016 election campaign, influenced the outcome, then sabotaged the incoming Presidency.
That's fine. But you cannot escape that it was his call. No reasonable person would have complained the IRS for hitting Hunter on tax problems from 2015 and 2016. No reasonable person believes that Hunter's taxes have anything to do his mom, dad, uncle, or anyone else.

File the charges. Hold the election.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:04 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:01 pm To drag it out until the SOL for 2014 & 2015 ran, extend it beyond the 2020 & 2022 elections, then take a sweetheart plea deal before the 2024 election campaign begins, while publicly embracing Hunter at every opportunity.
1. That's Barr's CHOICE, my man. There's nothing on the books...and if he explains that the man didn't pay his taxes, and the limitations are gonna run out? :lol: Who in the F is going to complain besides idiots?

2. Now you're back to explaining why, if they were covering for Hunter, they didn't rip the band aid off WAY before 2023.

It just doesn't hold water, no matter how much you try and force it. What's more, it's plain you know this, and are just spooling me up.

Enjoy your weekend!
That wasn't Barr's CHOICE. It was his BELIEF which prompted him to return to Govt service. That the DoJ (most visibly via Comey's FBI) had interfered in the 2016 election campaign, influenced the outcome, then sabotaged the incoming Presidency.
That's fine. But you cannot escape that it was his call. No reasonable person would have complained the IRS for hitting Hunter on tax problems from 2015 and 2016. No reasonable person believes that Hunter's taxes have anything to do his mom, dad, uncle, or anyone else.

I gotta say, it's bit rich to hear that Barr's ethics prevented him from green lighting a prosecution because it involved a family member of a candidate, not the candidate...And how do we know this? Barr came back not for his ego but because he wanted to clean up the DOJ and FBI (I guess with Trump appointee Wray) from political interference...and then proceeded to interfere massively, politically...again and again and again. :roll:

But hey, he did tell the truth to Trump that he'd lost the election...so, there's that... :shock:
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:13 am

Enjoy your weekend!

I gotta say, it's bit rich to hear that Barr's ethics prevented him from green lighting a prosecution because it involved a family member of a candidate, not the candidate...And how do we know this? Barr came back not for his ego but because he wanted to clean up the DOJ and FBI (I guess with Trump appointee Wray) from political interference...and then proceeded to interfere massively, politically...again and again and again. :roll:

But hey, he did tell the truth to Trump that he'd lost the election...so, there's that... :shock:
We know because Barr told us why he was coming back. You think Barr liked Trump, or enjoyed working for him ? He concluded that the DoJ interfered in the election & was trying to sabotage a duly elected Presidency.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:34 pm It's far more important to listen to a graphical design, political blogger, who is famous for attacking Trump and loves HRC. :lol:
We know Jim Jordan is a liar who helped cover up abuse at OSU. We don’t know that the other person is a liar. We also know the National
Review is trash and has decayed for ages from what it once was which is anachronistic for folks who don’t bother trying and feel out of place in a post modern world.
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:45 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:13 am

Enjoy your weekend!

We know because Barr told us why he was coming back. You think Barr liked Trump, or enjoyed working for him ? He concluded that the DoJ interfered in the election & was trying to sabotage a duly elected Presidency.
:lol: :roll:

So, he was delusional?

No, I think he had fallen into MAGA-Fox-think and had/has an enormous ego. You have to have an enormous ego to, from the outside, conclude that you actually know better than the FBI whether Trump had colluded with Russia, whether there was evidence to suspect such. That investigating such was totally unreasonable, an effort to "sabotage"...Anyone with even a smidgen of humility would have realized that there was plenty of reason to at least suspect such efforts and to realize that the FBI would know far more than Joe citizen...including Bill Barr...

He interfered massively politically during his tenure in the job, made all sorts of politically motivated decisions on behalf of Trump and his allies, and established a Special Counsel specifically to target the likely opponent of Trump...this was not a guy who had a "belief" that the DOJ should be apolitical, just a 'belief' that the DOJ should do the political work convenient to his own party. And only on behalf of his party...
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

RedFromMI wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:03 pm Great summary on Twitter from Jeff Tiedrich:
listen up, stupids:
there is no "Hunter Biden laptop."
what exists is a disembodied hard drive that Rudy Giuliani farted on.
here's a dose of reality:
someone hacked Hunter Biden's iPhone.
they stole his data and downloaded it to a laptop.
"a" laptop — not "Hunter Biden's" laptop.
the hackers mixed some of Hunter Biden's actual data with a lot of faked bullsh!t.
forensic analysis has proved this.
this laptop's hard drive made its way to Rudy Giuliani.
the drive may have also passed through the hands of as many as 40 people.
your so-called "evidence" is f*cking worthless.
go read up about 'chain of custody' and get back to me.
meanwhile, sit the f*ck down and stop making noise, you sound like a weird obsessed loser
There is _far_ more evidence for this view than any other…
Such as Hunter, himself, admitting that all the naked, smoking stuff, stuff, IS real? That HE did the selfies.

that kind of "more" evidence?

IRS wanted to know about the million$ that JOE got.....in 2014.....from Romonia
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

ggait wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:34 pm
They struggled through 2 different AGs that did everything in their power to delay their investigation.
So who had "Bill Barr in the tank for Hunter Biden" on their bingo card?

Bueller. Bueller. Anyone?

:roll:
Ferris, is a good friend.

taats........and the lemmings sure love them some Bush love.......he hates tRump too.

Didn't Barr work...and friends with....the Bush gang. Which, hates tRump ?

like pos john mccains good friend, the Ukrainian US Ambassador....during the Burisma stuff.

So....sure, the taats just all sorta went away.....left the "government" ...and did NOT want to be a part of the tRump administration.

Yah know, the fbi Slaznick (sp) types....the famous "anti tRump texter" and banging his NOT wife, fellow fbi agent....types.

Aren't there pictures of the Clintons and the "Trumps", at some wedding....somewhere.......taats.

great.....more spying on US citizens....as the NDAA budget swells, and MORE censoring can go on happened last week....
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Enjoy your weekend!

Bill "taats" Barr :roll:

Something, about Barr working at the CIA......and Bush buddies.

Wonder if Barr wrote the "PARTIOT" act.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

ggait wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:39 pm
Trump also lost a ton of net worth being President. Biden has a lot of accumulated wealth for being on a life long politician's salary. Draw your own conclusions.
Joe made most of his money recently by selling books. Jill sold a lot of book copies too. Their big book $$$ year was 2017, with 2018 being a solid year too. You can look it up -- since Biden (like any normal public servant) has made all of his tax returns public for a very long time.

Joe and Jill were private citizens at that time. So maybe we should call them the Biden Book Family, rather than the Biden Crime Family?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michelatin ... f114001e42

Lots of pols have made serious money that way -- Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, GWB, Reagan, Ike, JFK, Nixon. People seemingly can't get enough of Barack and Michelle's books.

Trump made his money the old fashioned way -- he inherited it. Sadly for him, there's no market for a book written by Trump. Not surprising -- precious little evidence that Trump or his MAGA followers actually read books.

;)
Publishers are the best money launderers there are.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Trump destroyer inherited value in real dollars over his adult life and his income from IP/licensing his name was heavily declining in the ears redesign 2016 so it’s completely untrue to suggest he’s worse off if he hasn’t been President financially.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

OCanada

Post by OCanada »

counting the tax payer money directed to his businesses while in office, the almost $2billion given by the Saudis to Jared to bail him out if his real estate deal and the funds redirected from his campaign to his legal defense? Just asking the baseline comparison. He inherited something lime 250-300 million and would have done better just putting it in index funds.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Sort of amazing the inductive logic, attribution of motivation with little context save some self serving conclusion. Pomitics is a three dimensional game at least.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

OCanada wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:20 am Sort of amazing the inductive logic, attribution of motivation with little context save some self serving conclusion. Pomitics is a three dimensional game at least.
Can you translate that word salad into English for us? Never mind, don't bother... What is pomitics though out of curiosity? Is that a branch of politics??
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:33 am
OCanada wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:20 am Sort of amazing the inductive logic, attribution of motivation with little context save some self serving conclusion. Pomitics is a three dimensional game at least.
Can you translate that word salad into English for us? Never mind, don't bother... What is pomitics though out of curiosity? Is that a branch of politics??

It is known as a typo. Even a dullard could figure that out with little thought. You reply was amusing and bereft of substance. SOP
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

runrussellrun wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:06 am
RedFromMI wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:03 pm Great summary on Twitter from Jeff Tiedrich:
listen up, stupids:
the hackers mixed some of Hunter Biden's actual data with a lot of faked bullsh!t.
meanwhile, sit the f*ck down and stop making noise, you sound like a weird obsessed loser
Such as Hunter, himself, admitting that all the naked, smoking stuff, stuff, IS real? That HE did the selfies.

Irony abounds here. Nothing you said negates the larger havk and dump explanation.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

OCanada wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:56 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:33 am

It is known as a typo. Even a dullard could figure that out with little thought. You reply was amusing and bereft of substance. SOP
Oh I knew exactly what you meant and what you were trying to say. I'll give you bonus points for dragging the term dullard out of the 1930s. It was suppose to be bereft of substance seeing how you were the substance I was being bereft about. :D think about that one for awhile hoser and then take off.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

OCanada wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:58 am
runrussellrun wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:06 am
listen up, stupids:

Irony abounds here. Nothing you said negates the larger havk and dump explanation.
So what the flip is havk hoser??? You should quit while your behind. Your having a bad keyboard day with those meathooks you call fingers.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”