Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
get it to x

Re: Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

Post by get it to x »

old salt wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:01 pm Joe & Jill Biden did not need to make their family problem America's problem.
Just another reason he should not have run.
At least Trump didn't ask for a national pity party for his kids.
They've not been proven to have done anything unlawful.
Trump also lost a ton of net worth being President. Biden has a lot of accumulated wealth for being on a life long politician's salary. Draw your own conclusions.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
old salt

Post by old salt »

https://www.wsj.com/articles/hunter-bid ... e-d8813133

Hunter Biden’s ‘Fair’ Tax Share
IRS agents reveal details of the son’s scheming that mock the President’s tax moralizing.
By The Editorial Board, June 25, 2023

The agents reported that an IRS team in January 2022 finalized a document of some 80 pages recommending that Hunter be charged with tax violations for each of his six tax returns from 2014 through 2019.

IRS supervisory special agent Gary Shapley said Hunter’s 2014 and 2015 returns involved a “scheme to evade his income taxes through a partnership with a convicted felon.” At issue was the $83,000 a month Hunter received to sit on the board of Burisma, the Ukrainian energy company. The second (anonymous) whistleblower explained that in 2014 Hunter arranged a series of “sham” transactions so he “didn’t report any of the money he earned from Burisma”—about $400,000 in 2014.

The whistleblowers say Hunter directed Burisma to pay his money to Rosemont Seneca Bohai, or RSB, an entity owned by his business partner Devon Archer, who was convicted of fraud in 2018. They say RSB would send the money to Hunter, who then “booked it as a loan.” One obvious tax problem, explains the second whistleblower, is that “you can’t loan yourself your own money.”

Mr. Shapley says this loan ruse is a “textbook” evasion scheme, something “I learned at basic training.” When someone claims a payment is a loan for tax purposes, the IRS looks for three things: You’ve “got to have a promissory note, you got to have defined interest, and you got to have repayments,” Mr. Shapley says. In Hunter’s case, “none of those were included.” RSB also booked the payment as an “expense”—meaning that “even the two parties didn’t treat it the same way.”

The committee also released an email showing that another Hunter business partner, Eric Schwerin, told Hunter in 2017 that Hunter had “unreported Burisma income” and needed to “amend your 2014 returns.” Hunter ignored the warning and later that year ended his relationship with Mr. Schwerin.

The second whistleblower says 2014 records show RSB paid more than $10,000 in Hunter medical bills, and purchased a $142,000 Porsche for Hunter’s benefit via other money from a Kazakhstan businessman. The whistleblower says Hunter didn’t report this as income.

The IRS team recommended that Hunter be prosecuted on felony charges of tax evasion for 2014 and false tax filings and a misdemeanor charge for 2015 of failure to pay tax. Yet because the U.S. Attorney waited so long to make a prosecutorial decision, the six-year statute of limitations expired. Hunter thus won’t pay taxes on more than $400,000 in unreported income for these years. Mr. Shapley says: “The purposeful exclusion of the 2014 and 2015 years sanitized the most substantive criminal conduct and concealed material facts.”

Also notable are Hunter’s filings in 2018 and 2019, for which the IRS team also recommended felony charges of tax evasion and false returns. The second whistleblower testified that Hunter underreported his income for 2018 by anywhere from $267,000 to $500,000—depending on how conservatively the IRS counted. He did this, claims the whistleblower, by falsifying “business” deductions.

The whistleblower says this included deducting thousands paid to “no-show employees”—including “a prostitute” that Hunter claimed was a “West Coast assistant.” He deducted $10,000 for a “golf club member deposit,” money that IRS agents say “went to pay for a sex club.” He deducted $30,000 for a child’s Columbia University tuition. He also deducted a hotel room for who agents believed to be “one of his drug dealers,” hotel rooms for his girlfriend at the time, and two nights for “a hotel room for his dad, Joe Biden.”

The IRS agents say they also saw correspondence showing Hunter in that year attempting to describe income as a “loan”—though this time his accountants rejected the request. All told, the IRS team recommended that Hunter face felony charges for 2014, 2018 and 2019. They also recommended misdemeanor charges for “failure to file or pay” for five of the six years.

Democrats defend Hunter by saying that he ended up paying much of his back taxes prior to this plea deal, thanks to a $2 million loan from a Hollywood lawyer. But the second whistleblower explained the IRS view of after-the-fact efforts to get straight with tax authorities. He was asked during testimony: “If someone meets all the elements for a crime of willful evasion and are found to, in conjunction with that, owe a liability, and they pay off that liability years later when they’ve been caught, has a crime still been committed?”

The whistleblower’s response: “Yes.”

The next time President Biden says too many people don’t pay enough taxes, refer him to the moral authority of Hunter.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Trump also lost a ton of net worth being President. Biden has a lot of accumulated wealth for being on a life long politician's salary. Draw your own conclusions.
Joe made most of his money recently by selling books. Jill sold a lot of book copies too. Their big book $$$ year was 2017, with 2018 being a solid year too. You can look it up -- since Biden (like any normal public servant) has made all of his tax returns public for a very long time.

Joe and Jill were private citizens at that time. So maybe we should call them the Biden Book Family, rather than the Biden Crime Family?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michelatin ... f114001e42

Lots of pols have made serious money that way -- Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, GWB, Reagan, Ike, JFK, Nixon. People seemingly can't get enough of Barack and Michelle's books.

Trump made his money the old fashioned way -- he inherited it. Sadly for him, there's no market for a book written by Trump. Not surprising -- precious little evidence that Trump or his MAGA followers actually read books.

;)
Boycott stupid. Country over party.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

get it to x wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:12 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:01 pm Joe & Jill Biden did not need to make their family problem America's problem.
Trump’s net worth largely comes from loan that he didn’t have to payback because his defense was that the banks never should have loaned him so much money. How wealthy would you be if you “borrowed” $100MM and didn’t have to pay it back? Get off of his tip, showwty.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasre ... of-it/amp/
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:53 pm
ggait wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:34 pm
They struggled through 2 different AGs that did everything in their power to delay their investigation.
So who had "Bill Barr in the tank for Hunter Biden" on their bingo card?

Bueller. Bueller. Anyone?

:roll:
Your not thinking outside of the box counselor. If Bill Barr goes full bore against Hunter then it becomes a witch hunt to bring down the son of a political rival of his boss.
Cradle.....Barr did go full bore on Hunter......and Joe, obviously....looking for payola or anything illegal. Investigated, and came up with nothing big.

I would have LOVED for Hunter to go to jail for his POS no-show BS, corrupt as all get out "job" at Burisma. Unfortunately, just like Kushner getting paid off by the Saudis...their behavior isn't illegal.

No one complained about Hunter getting investigated. Did you notice that? Say what you want, the Dems have the high ground here. They know full well what an unethical POS Hunter is/was/both. So no one complained.

On the other hand? MAGA nation lost their freaking minds because we DARED to investigate his corrupt as F group of felons.

This is a world of difference that folks need to remember.
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:53 pm Those optics don't look very well when the mainstream media and FLP folks all over the place start to bring out the long knives to remove your intestines. Barr chose not to get involved in that chitshow and I don't blame him one bit for handing the live hand grenade off to his successor. Bill Barr should never be given a pass for being a coward.
Cradle come on....the Trump DoJ and IRS opened their case on Hunter. NO ONE COMPLAINED. We were all perfectly happy with them doing their jobs, and rooting out any potential corruption with his BS "job" in Ukraine...that EVERYONE knew was corrupt. I thought it was disgusting that Joe didn't read Hunter the riot act, and got him the F out of that obvious conflict of interest. But there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Barr didn't indict, because there was nothing to indict. Sorry my man, but the idea that he took it easy on Hunter is just silly. No one anywhere would have complained if he had the goods on Hunter. No one.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:21 pm
https://www.wsj.com/articles/hunter-bid ... e-d8813133

IRS agents reveal details of the son’s scheming that mock the President’s tax moralizing.

The agents reported that an IRS team in January 2022 finalized a document of some 80 pages recommending that Hunter be charged with tax violations for each of his six tax returns from 2014 through 2019.

IRS supervisory special agent Gary Shapley said Hunter’s 2014 and 2015 returns involved a “scheme to evade his income taxes through a partnership with a convicted felon.” At issue was the $83,000 a month Hunter received to sit on the board of Burisma, the Ukrainian energy company. The second (anonymous) whistleblower explained that in 2014 Hunter arranged a series of “sham” transactions so he “didn’t report any of the money he earned from Burisma”—about $400,000 in 2014.

The whistleblowers say Hunter directed Burisma to pay his money to Rosemont Seneca Bohai, or RSB, an entity owned by his business partner Devon Archer, who was convicted of fraud in 2018. They say RSB would send the money to Hunter, who then “booked it as a loan.” One obvious tax problem, explains the second whistleblower, is that “you can’t loan yourself your own money.”

Mr. Shapley says this loan ruse is a “textbook” evasion scheme, something “I learned at basic training.” When someone claims a payment is a loan for tax purposes, the IRS looks for three things: You’ve “got to have a promissory note, you got to have defined interest, and you got to have repayments,” Mr. Shapley says. In Hunter’s case, “none of those were included.” RSB also booked the payment as an “expense”—meaning that “even the two parties didn’t treat it the same way.”

The committee also released an email showing that another Hunter business partner, Eric Schwerin, told Hunter in 2017 that Hunter had “unreported Burisma income” and needed to “amend your 2014 returns.” Hunter ignored the warning and later that year ended his relationship with Mr. Schwerin.

The second whistleblower says 2014 records show RSB paid more than $10,000 in Hunter medical bills, and purchased a $142,000 Porsche for Hunter’s benefit via other money from a Kazakhstan businessman. The whistleblower says Hunter didn’t report this as income.

The IRS team recommended that Hunter be prosecuted on felony charges of tax evasion for 2014 and false tax filings and a misdemeanor charge for 2015 of failure to pay tax. Yet because the U.S. Attorney waited so long to make a prosecutorial decision, the six-year statute of limitations expired. Hunter thus won’t pay taxes on more than $400,000 in unreported income for these years. Mr. Shapley says: “The purposeful exclusion of the 2014 and 2015 years sanitized the most substantive criminal conduct and concealed material facts.”

Also notable are Hunter’s filings in 2018 and 2019, for which the IRS team also recommended felony charges of tax evasion and false returns. The second whistleblower testified that Hunter underreported his income for 2018 by anywhere from $267,000 to $500,000—depending on how conservatively the IRS counted. He did this, claims the whistleblower, by falsifying “business” deductions.

The whistleblower says this included deducting thousands paid to “no-show employees”—including “a prostitute” that Hunter claimed was a “West Coast assistant.” He deducted $10,000 for a “golf club member deposit,” money that IRS agents say “went to pay for a sex club.” He deducted $30,000 for a child’s Columbia University tuition. He also deducted a hotel room for who agents believed to be “one of his drug dealers,” hotel rooms for his girlfriend at the time, and two nights for “a hotel room for his dad, Joe Biden.”

The IRS agents say they also saw correspondence showing Hunter in that year attempting to describe income as a “loan”—though this time his accountants rejected the request. All told, the IRS team recommended that Hunter face felony charges for 2014, 2018 and 2019. They also recommended misdemeanor charges for “failure to file or pay” for five of the six years
Great news. So....what kept them from indicting Hunter for these crimes before Trump left office?

I'd love to hear anyone explain that to me.

Better still, where were this whistleblowers in 2020, after two years of investigation?
a fan

Post by a fan »

You're genuinely impressed by a man who inherited his fortune? Seriously?

There's nothing wrong with it. But listing it as an accomplishment is me like claiming that my "hard work" is the reason I'm I'm 6' 3".

And I loathe that Joe Biden---and any politician----has been office since the freaking 70's. You'll get no argument from me on that count.

If the R's nominate a full grown adult in 2024? They'll get my vote over Biden.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:14 pm
You're genuinely impressed by a man who inherited his fortune? Seriously?

There's nothing wrong with it. But listing it as an accomplishment is me like claiming that my "hard work" is the reason I'm I'm 6' 3".

And I loathe that Joe Biden---and any politician----has been office since the freaking 70's. You'll get no argument from me on that count.

If the R's nominate a full grown adult in 2024? They'll get my vote over Biden.
I guess my question would be who satisfies the "full grown adult" threshold?

Me, I can't vote for any MAGA types, or anyone cowed by MAGA types...and, for the time being I'd like to see SCOTUS get rebalanced, and that rules out any POTUS candidates who will look to the Federalist Society and Leonard Leo for their nominations....which is all of them far as I can tell.

So, that means 2028... I'll hopefully be able to at least consider a new crop of GOP candidates then.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

--- total BS MAGA toad!
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:11 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:21 pm https://www.wsj.com/articles/hunter-bid ... e-d8813133

The IRS agents say they also saw correspondence showing Hunter in that year attempting to describe income as a “loan”—though this time his accountants rejected the request. All told, the IRS team recommended that Hunter face felony charges for 2014, 2018 and 2019. They also recommended misdemeanor charges for “failure to file or pay” for five of the six years
Great news. So....what kept them from indicting Hunter for these crimes before Trump left office?

I'd love to hear anyone explain that to me.

Better still, where were this whistleblowers in 2020, after two years of investigation?
... you and me both. I suspect the "IRS team" was less convinced then the so called whistleblower would lead one to believe.
Last edited by jhu72 on Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Interesting scheme...quick question: did RSB pay income taxes on the Burma payments?

How were those payments reported by that individual, if at all?

Bottomline, what I think I'm reading is that Hunter and perhaps others schemed to avoid taxes. Not news.

Did they make restitution for all of it? Or just some of it?

And I agree, why wouldn't Barr et al have prosecuted such a slam dunk case back pre 2020? At a minimum, it'd have been embarrassing and politically damaging to a possible Dem candidate, who then became the actual candidate...

Or was it far from the slam dunk that is being purported...?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:23 pm Interesting scheme...quick question: did RSB pay income taxes on the Burma payments?

How were those payments reported by that individual, if at all?

Bottomline, what I think I'm reading is that Hunter and perhaps others schemed to avoid taxes. Not news.

Did they make restitution for all of it? Or just some of it?

And I agree, why wouldn't Barr et al have prosecuted such a slam dunk case back pre 2020? At a minimum, it'd have been embarrassing and politically damaging to a possible Dem candidate, who then became the actual candidate...

Or was it far from the slam dunk that is being purported...?
... David Weiss has given no indication of any of this, the call was his, if there was a call to be made. I think the republiCON House is going to have a hard time getting any more information than the public plea agreement. All they have is unsubstantiated claim without Weiss supporting testimony. Which is fine, that is all the republiCONs really are interested in. Something that makes it look like they are right to their base without having to prove it.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:09 pm Barr didn't indict, because there was nothing to indict. Sorry my man, but the idea that he took it easy on Hunter is just silly. No one anywhere would have complained if he had the goods on Hunter. No one.
Barr did not indict because the investigation was still ongoing. Evidence was still coming in. The FD-1023 that Grassley released today was generated by the W PA US Atty's office, then sent to the DE US Atty on June 30, 2020, shortly before the election, to include in their ongoing investigation. Barr has confirmed that he did not shut down the investigation. Here's the tick tock.

https://thefederalist.com/2023/06/07/ex ... stigation/

EXCLUSIVE: Bill Barr Confirms Rep. Jamie Raskin Lied About Biden Family Corruption Investigation

by MARGOT CLEVELAND, JUNE 07, 2023

‘The FBI is attempting a coverup, and Democrats are doing their bidding by lying to the American people,’ Rep. James Comer told The Federalist.

“It’s not true. It wasn’t closed down,” William Barr told The Federalist on Tuesday in response to Democrat Rep. Jamie Raskin’s claim that the former attorney general and his “handpicked prosecutor” had ended an investigation into a confidential human source’s allegation that Joe Biden had agreed to a $5 million bribe. “On the contrary,” Barr stressed, “it was sent to Delaware for further investigation.”

Former Attorney General Barr went on the record with The Federalist following statements Raskin made to the press Monday afternoon. Soon after attending a closed-door meeting with House Oversight Committee Chair James Comer and the FBI — at which lawmakers reviewed the FD-1023 form summarizing a CHS’s detailed allegations that then-Vice President Joe Biden agreed to accept money from a foreign national to affect policy decisions — Raskin spoke to the media.

“What I learned,” Raskin claimed, “was that Attorney General Barr named Scott Brady, who was the U.S. attorney for Western Pennsylvania, to head up a group of prosecutors who would look into all the allegations related to Ukraine.”

“After Rudy Giuliani surfaced these allegations,” Raskin continued, Brady’s team looked into the FD-1023 and “in August determined that there was no grounds to escalate from an initial assessment to a preliminary investigation,” and so “they called an end to the investigation.”

The Maryland Democrat then reiterated his claim that this was “under Attorney General William Barr and his handpicked prosecutor Mr. Brady, who was a Trump appointee.” “They were the ones who decided” there were no further grounds for investigation, Raskin’s claimed, adding: “If there is a complaint, it is with Attorney General William Barr, the Trump Justice Department, and the team that the Trump administration appointed to look into it.”

Raskin would then double down on his claim that it was Barr and Brady who closed down the investigation, issuing a press release saying that in August 2020, Barr and his “hand-picked U.S. Attorney” signed off on closing an assessment into the FD-1023 form that memorialized the CHS’s claims.

But that’s just not true, according to the former attorney general. Instead, the confidential human source’s claims detailed in the FD-1023 were sent to the Delaware U.S. attorney’s office for further investigation, according to Barr.

That, however, was just one of Raskin’s deceptions: The ranking member of the House Oversight Committee also falsely suggested the CHS’s allegations were related to the investigation of information Rudy Giuliani had unearthed of the Biden family corruption in Ukraine.

Not so, according to an individual familiar with the investigation who told The Federalist that the CHS and the FD-1023 summary of his statement were both “unrelated to Rudy Giuliani” and “not derived” from any information Giuliani provided. This corroborates the House Oversight Committee’s representation that the June 30, 2020, FD-1023 “stands on its own” and was not part of the documents Giuliani provided the FBI in January 2020.

In fact, according to the House Oversight Committee, the FD-1023 in question “contains information from the FBI’s confidential human source dating back to another FD-1023 generated in 2017,” which completely removes Giuliani from the mix.
Raskin’s office did not respond to a request for comment.

Two Huge Scandals
These new revelations prove significant for two reasons. First, there’s the underlying scandal of the FBI’s alleged failure to investigate the FD-1023 and FBI Supervisory Intelligence Analyst Brian Auten’s opening of an assessment in August 2020 to discredit that information, which “caused investigative activity to cease.”

Knowing that the FD-1023 originated in Brady’s Western District of Pennsylvania proves explosive because Grassley’s whistleblower alleged that in September 2020, FBI headquarters placed the information contained in Auten’s assessment in a restricted-access sub-file that only the particular agents who uncovered the CHS’s info could access. How then could the FBI agents in Delaware further investigate the allegations?

And those allegations, further detailed by Comer on Tuesday, are shocking. “A trusted confidential human source obtained information from a foreign national who claimed to have bribed then-Vice President Biden,” Comer told The Federalist. So the CHS didn’t just pass on information from some random third party: He spoke directly with the individual who claimed to have bribed Biden.

FBI headquarters branding that information as “disinformation” without undertaking an appropriate investigation is outrageous — especially since the Delaware U.S. attorney’s office was directed to further investigate the FD-1023.

The second scandal is equally as large because it reaches the top of the FBI: Director Christopher Wray.

Wray may well have been in the dark about FBI headquarters falsely labeling the FD-1023 as misinformation and secreting it away from other agents. But framing the intel from the “highly credible” longtime FBI CHS as coming from Giuliani reeks of a cover-up. And suggesting that Barr and Brady closed down an investigation into the FD-1023 when it was instead sent to Delaware for further investigation is a cover-up.

“The more the FBI leak and coverup machine spins for President Biden, the worse the bureau looks,” Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, told The Federalist upon learning of Barr’s statement. “Enough is enough. It’s past time for the FBI to come clean and show their work if they have any hope of salvaging their own credibility.”

Comer went further, telling The Federalist, “The FBI is attempting a coverup, and Democrats are doing their bidding by lying to the American people.”

“The FBI must produce this record to the House Oversight Committee’s custody,” Comer continued, and “if not, we will take action on Thursday to hold Director Wray in contempt of Congress.”

Given Barr’s statement, that should be the least of Wray’s concerns.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:09 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:53 pm
ggait wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:34 pm
They struggled through 2 different AGs that did everything in their power to delay their investigation.
So who had "Bill Barr in the tank for Hunter Biden" on their bingo card?

Bueller. Bueller. Anyone?

:roll:
Your not thinking outside of the box counselor. If Bill Barr goes full bore against Hunter then it becomes a witch hunt to bring down the son of a political rival of his boss.
Cradle.....Barr did go full bore on Hunter......and Joe, obviously....looking for payola or anything illegal. Investigated, and came up with nothing big.

I would have LOVED for Hunter to go to jail for his POS no-show BS, corrupt as all get out "job" at Burisma. Unfortunately, just like Kushner getting paid off by the Saudis...their behavior isn't illegal.

No one complained about Hunter getting investigated. Did you notice that? Say what you want, the Dems have the high ground here. They know full well what an unethical POS Hunter is/was/both. So no one complained.

On the other hand? MAGA nation lost their freaking minds because we DARED to investigate his corrupt as F group of felons.

This is a world of difference that folks need to remember.
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:53 pm Those optics don't look very well when the mainstream media and FLP folks all over the place start to bring out the long knives to remove your intestines. Barr chose not to get involved in that chitshow and I don't blame him one bit for handing the live hand grenade off to his successor. Bill Barr should never be given a pass for being a coward.
Cradle come on....the Trump DoJ and IRS opened their case on Hunter. NO ONE COMPLAINED. We were all perfectly happy with them doing their jobs, and rooting out any potential corruption with his BS "job" in Ukraine...that EVERYONE knew was corrupt. I thought it was disgusting that Joe didn't read Hunter the riot act, and got him the F out of that obvious conflict of interest. But there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Barr didn't indict, because there was nothing to indict. Sorry my man, but the idea that he took it easy on Hunter is just silly. No one anywhere would have complained if he had the goods on Hunter. No one.
The 2 agents testified they had finished their investigations and made their recommendation as the charging Hunter with felony tax evasion charges. They are the people frustrated because 2 AGs in 2 different administrations had to deal with an issue that should have been put to bed by 2018. The basic point is still very simple...either the 2 IRS agents or the DoJ and the FBI folks are lying. Who is telling the truth? This isn't an issue that should be stifled by ambiguity. FTR these 2 agents did an outstanding job of documenting and recording their concerns if anybody cares to fact check their investigation.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
old salt

Post by old salt »

old salt wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:48 am
a fan wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:09 pm Barr didn't indict, because there was nothing to indict. Sorry my man, but the idea that he took it easy on Hunter is just silly. No one anywhere would have complained if he had the goods on Hunter. No one.
Barr did not indict because the investigation was still ongoing. Evidence was still coming in. The FD-1023 that Grassley released today was generated by the W PA US Atty's office, then sent to the DE US Atty on June 30, 2020, shortly before the election, to include in their ongoing investigation. Barr has confirmed that he did not shut down the investigation. Here's the tick tock.

https://thefederalist.com/2023/06/07/ex ... stigation/

EXCLUSIVE: Bill Barr Confirms Rep. Jamie Raskin Lied About Biden Family Corruption Investigation

by MARGOT CLEVELAND, JUNE 07, 2023

‘The FBI is attempting a coverup, and Democrats are doing their bidding by lying to the American people,’ Rep. James Comer told The Federalist.

“It’s not true. It wasn’t closed down,” William Barr told The Federalist on Tuesday in response to Democrat Rep. Jamie Raskin’s claim that the former attorney general and his “handpicked prosecutor” had ended an investigation into a confidential human source’s allegation that Joe Biden had agreed to a $5 million bribe. “On the contrary,” Barr stressed, “it was sent to Delaware for further investigation.”

Former Attorney General Barr went on the record with The Federalist following statements Raskin made to the press Monday afternoon. Soon after attending a closed-door meeting with House Oversight Committee Chair James Comer and the FBI — at which lawmakers reviewed the FD-1023 form summarizing a CHS’s detailed allegations that then-Vice President Joe Biden agreed to accept money from a foreign national to affect policy decisions — Raskin spoke to the media.

“What I learned,” Raskin claimed, “was that Attorney General Barr named Scott Brady, who was the U.S. attorney for Western Pennsylvania, to head up a group of prosecutors who would look into all the allegations related to Ukraine.”

“After Rudy Giuliani surfaced these allegations,” Raskin continued, Brady’s team looked into the FD-1023 and “in August determined that there was no grounds to escalate from an initial assessment to a preliminary investigation,” and so “they called an end to the investigation.”

The Maryland Democrat then reiterated his claim that this was “under Attorney General William Barr and his handpicked prosecutor Mr. Brady, who was a Trump appointee.” “They were the ones who decided” there were no further grounds for investigation, Raskin’s claimed, adding: “If there is a complaint, it is with Attorney General William Barr, the Trump Justice Department, and the team that the Trump administration appointed to look into it.”

Raskin would then double down on his claim that it was Barr and Brady who closed down the investigation, issuing a press release saying that in August 2020, Barr and his “hand-picked U.S. Attorney” signed off on closing an assessment into the FD-1023 form that memorialized the CHS’s claims.

But that’s just not true, according to the former attorney general. Instead, the confidential human source’s claims detailed in the FD-1023 were sent to the Delaware U.S. attorney’s office for further investigation, according to Barr.

That, however, was just one of Raskin’s deceptions: The ranking member of the House Oversight Committee also falsely suggested the CHS’s allegations were related to the investigation of information Rudy Giuliani had unearthed of the Biden family corruption in Ukraine.

Not so, according to an individual familiar with the investigation who told The Federalist that the CHS and the FD-1023 summary of his statement were both “unrelated to Rudy Giuliani” and “not derived” from any information Giuliani provided. This corroborates the House Oversight Committee’s representation that the June 30, 2020, FD-1023 “stands on its own” and was not part of the documents Giuliani provided the FBI in January 2020.

In fact, according to the House Oversight Committee, the FD-1023 in question “contains information from the FBI’s confidential human source dating back to another FD-1023 generated in 2017,” which completely removes Giuliani from the mix.
Raskin’s office did not respond to a request for comment.

Two Huge Scandals
These new revelations prove significant for two reasons. First, there’s the underlying scandal of the FBI’s alleged failure to investigate the FD-1023 and FBI Supervisory Intelligence Analyst Brian Auten’s opening of an assessment in August 2020 to discredit that information, which “caused investigative activity to cease.”

Knowing that the FD-1023 originated in Brady’s Western District of Pennsylvania proves explosive because Grassley’s whistleblower alleged that in September 2020, FBI headquarters placed the information contained in Auten’s assessment in a restricted-access sub-file that only the particular agents who uncovered the CHS’s info could access. How then could the FBI agents in Delaware further investigate the allegations?

And those allegations, further detailed by Comer on Tuesday, are shocking. “A trusted confidential human source obtained information from a foreign national who claimed to have bribed then-Vice President Biden,” Comer told The Federalist. So the CHS didn’t just pass on information from some random third party: He spoke directly with the individual who claimed to have bribed Biden.

FBI headquarters branding that information as “disinformation” without undertaking an appropriate investigation is outrageous — especially since the Delaware U.S. attorney’s office was directed to further investigate the FD-1023.

The second scandal is equally as large because it reaches the top of the FBI: Director Christopher Wray.

Wray may well have been in the dark about FBI headquarters falsely labeling the FD-1023 as misinformation and secreting it away from other agents. But framing the intel from the “highly credible” longtime FBI CHS as coming from Giuliani reeks of a cover-up. And suggesting that Barr and Brady closed down an investigation into the FD-1023 when it was instead sent to Delaware for further investigation is a cover-up.

“The more the FBI leak and coverup machine spins for President Biden, the worse the bureau looks,” Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, told The Federalist upon learning of Barr’s statement. “Enough is enough. It’s past time for the FBI to come clean and show their work if they have any hope of salvaging their own credibility.”

Comer went further, telling The Federalist, “The FBI is attempting a coverup, and Democrats are doing their bidding by lying to the American people.”

“The FBI must produce this record to the House Oversight Committee’s custody,” Comer continued, and “if not, we will take action on Thursday to hold Director Wray in contempt of Congress.”

Given Barr’s statement, that should be the least of Wray’s concerns.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bill-b ... e-congress

Barr previously told Fox News that during his tenure the FD-1023 document was reviewed by U.S. Attorney Scott Brady and his team in Pittsburgh as part of a screening process to determine the veracity or relevance of information.

Barr said there was "no sign" of the FD-1023 to be disinformation and was therefore routed to Trump-appointed U.S. Attorney Weiss in Delaware – who was and is still working a probe focusing on Hunter Biden.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

You must be joking (and as usual it falls flat as a pancake) -
But you never supported or voted for Orange Cheato over two elections??????????? Yet you defend him daily around here. Pathetic. :oops:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Kismet wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:06 am
But you never supported or voted for Orange Cheato over two elections??????????? Yet you defend him daily around here. Pathetic. :oops:
And Trump — daily or better — asks for a national pity party for himself. Please just walk the dogs.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

It's sad.

Salty, the Trump AG's had 4 years to make a case. 2 years under Barr.

If that's not enough time to satisfactorily investigate a straightforward tax case, which is what these IRS agents allege it was, how come they weren't working faster, harder? They say it was simple, common...

You say "evidence was still coming in"...so...they didn't have enough to convict?

I don't buy it.

More likely they didn't have enough to make the case they really wanted to make, a connection with Joe himself.

So, then Trump appointed prosecutor Weiss has another 2 years to make the case and he ends up with a plea agreement and restitution.

And you and MAGA want us to believe that Weiss is lying, he was pressured by the Biden AG to not prosecute, accept the plea.

I don't buy it.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Kismet wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:06 am
Very
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

....something about $17 million...to the Biden FAMILY........IRS wanted to nail the Biden family for money transfers, some from Romania...2014.

One would figure, that the Obama's would be writing books every year, what with those millions in "advance$" for writing books.

Wonder if Barrack is growing weed on his MV property ? Up to 12 plants, per household, be legal, in Massachuesettes.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"

Return to “POLITICS”