All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

I highly recommend that some folks take Ivermectin.

#rootstonic
“I wish you would!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Was the condition permanent?...doubt it. Risk/benefit analysis... let's see, River Blindness or a chance of lower sperm count? I think that's an easy choice.

At least we're discussing IVM use in humans now. That's an improvement.
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:33 am
Was the condition permanent?...doubt it. Risk/benefit analysis... let's see, River Blindness or a chance of lower sperm count? I think that's an easy choice.

Go for it.
“I wish you would!”
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:48 am

Go for it.
I used IVM in the crankcase of my car. It now runs smoother and I’m moving to Texas.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:11 pm
tech37 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:05 am You do understand that IVM has been inaccurately linked to bleach/HCQ/Trump as a political cudgel for the left and/or any virtue signaling exploiters?
Yes. Why? Are you going to pretend you don't know why?

Because these IVM-nuts aren't simply going to their doctor and asking "what the best course of prevention for me and my family if we don't want a severe case of Covid". They do that? Game over. We hit our 90%+ vaccination rate.

When we are there, just as we are with every single other vaccine? THEN you can talk about "other" treatments. No problem. Knock yourself out.

It's logic fail on a national scale, tech. You have school rooms full of angry parents, livid at the idea of either masks or forced vaccines. Do me a favor and ask these same parents "what immunizations were your children FORCED to take by State law so they could attend school".

These people are too far gone to understand they already gave up their freedoms so that their kid could attend K-12. Vaccines for everything from measels to polio. No one complained. No one squawked about freedom. They just did it, because....well...duh.
tech37 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:05 am If IVM had been accurately and truthfully explained, the exploiters could not have created the "either/or" situation that you're belaboring.

You already explained why they can't do that----millions are using it INSTEAD OF the vaccine. THAT is who you should be blaming, tech.

THOSE are the people who aren't accurately and truthfully explaining the treatments we have available.

tech37 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:05 am "de-worming" is both pejorative and a jerk's remark.
Yes. They're mocking idiots who believe one cure that they "read about on the internet", while at the same time ignore "what my doctor, who has multiple degrees, and actually knows what she's talking about, tells me is the best course of action".
a fan, in the interest of having a viable therapeutic to supplement vaccination, I've been discussing, posting articles, posting podcasts re IVM for over a year now, before it became politically charged. I have no idea if you've been following or not but to insert yourself now as if none of what your saying above was/is considered or already discussed, is interesting to say the least.
Typical Lax Dad

ardilla secreta wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:01 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:48 am

Go for it.
I used IVM in the crankcase of my car. It now runs smoother and I’m moving to Texas.
I poured Ivermectin down my shower drain with drano, vinegar, hot water and baking soda….it cleared up a hair and soap scum clog. Thanks Ivermectin!

#rootstonic
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:04 am
tech37 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:05 am You do understand that IVM has been inaccurately linked to bleach/HCQ/Trump as a political cudgel for the left and/or any virtue signaling exploiters?

Because these IVM-nuts aren't simply going to their doctor and asking "what the best course of prevention for me and my family if we don't want a severe case of Covid". They do that? Game over. We hit our 90%+ vaccination rate.

When we are there, just as we are with every single other vaccine? THEN you can talk about "other" treatments. No problem. Knock yourself out.

It's logic fail on a national scale, tech. You have school rooms full of angry parents, livid at the idea of either masks or forced vaccines. Do me a favor and ask these same parents "what immunizations were your children FORCED to take by State law so they could attend school".

These people are too far gone to understand they already gave up their freedoms so that their kid could attend K-12. Vaccines for everything from measels to polio. No one complained. No one squawked about freedom. They just did it, because....well...duh.
tech37 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:05 am If IVM had been accurately and truthfully explained, the exploiters could not have created the "either/or" situation that you're belaboring.

You already explained why they can't do that----millions are using it INSTEAD OF the vaccine. THAT is who you should be blaming, tech.

THOSE are the people who aren't accurately and truthfully explaining the treatments we have available.

tech37 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:05 am "de-worming" is both pejorative and a jerk's remark.
Yes. They're mocking idiots who believe one cure that they "read about on the internet", while at the same time ignore "what my doctor, who has multiple degrees, and actually knows what she's talking about, tells me is the best course of action".
a fan, in the interest of having a viable therapeutic to supplement vaccination, I've been discussing, posting articles, posting podcasts re IVM for over a year now, before it became politically charged. I have no idea if you've been following or not but to insert yourself now as if none of what your saying above was/is considered or already discussed, is interesting to say the least.
Need a self medicating medicine? Try Ivermectin!!

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... conversely it raises the cost of gambling on a treatment of questionable value.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
tech37

Post by tech37 »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:46 am

... conversely it raises the cost of gambling on a treatment of questionable value.
Ivermectin: a multifaceted drug of Nobel prize-honoured distinction with indicated efficacy against a new global scourge, COVID-19

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34466270/
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Tech37, you really need to stop this idiocy. Promoting ivermectin for an unproven and unapproved use is reckless and moronic.

The FDA has not authorized or approved ivermectin for use in preventing or treating COVID-19 in humans or animals. Ivermectin is approved for human use to treat infections caused by some parasitic worms and head lice and skin conditions like rosacea.

Currently available data do not show ivermectin is effective against COVID-19. Clinical trials assessing ivermectin tablets for the prevention or treatment of COVID-19 in people are ongoing.

Taking large doses of ivermectin is dangerous.
If your health care provider writes you an ivermectin prescription, fill it through a legitimate source such as a pharmacy, and take it exactly as prescribed.
Never use medications intended for animals on yourself or other people. Animal ivermectin products are very different from those approved for humans. Use of animal ivermectin for the prevention or treatment of COVID-19 in humans is dangerous.

What is Ivermectin and How is it Used?
Ivermectin tablets are approved by the FDA to treat people with intestinal strongyloidiasis and onchocerciasis, two conditions caused by parasitic worms. In addition, some topical forms of ivermectin are approved to treat external parasites like head lice and for skin conditions such as rosacea.

Some forms of animal ivermectin are approved to prevent heartworm disease and treat certain internal and external parasites. It’s important to note that these products are different from the ones for people, and safe only when used in animals as prescribed.

When Can Taking Ivermectin Be Unsafe?
The FDA has not authorized or approved ivermectin for the treatment or prevention of COVID-19 in people or animals. Ivermectin has not been shown to be safe or effective for these indications.

There’s a lot of misinformation around, and you may have heard that it’s okay to take large doses of ivermectin. It is not okay.

Even the levels of ivermectin for approved human uses can interact with other medications, like blood-thinners. You can also overdose on ivermectin, which can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, hypotension (low blood pressure), allergic reactions (itching and hives), dizziness, ataxia (problems with balance), seizures, coma and even death.

Ivermectin Products for Animals Are Different from Ivermectin Products for People
For one thing, animal drugs are often highly concentrated because they are used for large animals like horses and cows, which weigh a lot more than we do—a ton or more. Such high doses can be highly toxic in humans. Moreover, the FDA reviews drugs not just for safety and effectiveness of the active ingredients, but also for the inactive ingredients. Many inactive ingredients found in products for animals aren’t evaluated for use in people. Or they are included in much greater quantity than those used in people. In some cases, we don’t know how those inactive ingredients will affect how ivermectin is absorbed in the human body.

Options for Preventing and Treating COVID-19
The most effective ways to limit the spread of COVID-19 include getting a COVID-19 vaccine when it is available to you and following current CDC guidance.

Talk to your health care provider about available COVID-19 vaccines and treatment options. Your provider can help determine the best option for you, based on your health history.

https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer- ... t-covid-19

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

someone explain why we're trying so hard to stop people that would take the animal version in whatever dosage from doing so?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:52 am
jhu72 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:46 am

Ivermectin: a multifaceted drug of Nobel prize-honoured distinction with indicated efficacy against a new global scourge, COVID-19

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34466270/
Ivermectin is the new hydroxychloroquine, take 5: The Nobel Prize gambit

Ivermectin continues to be the new hydroxychloroquine, an unproven repurposed drug promoted to treat COVID-19. Now the advocates are pointing to the history of the drug’s developers being awarded the Nobel Prize in Medicine, as though that has anything to do with its effectiveness against COVID-19.

David Gorski on August 9, 2021
https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/iverme ... ze-gambit/
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Tech, more than a little skeptical of a research paper that includes in its title: "drug of Nobel prize-honoured distinction with indicated efficacy against a new global scourge". A serious researcher would not choose such a title. Some of the authors are also questionable, so not surprised with the title.

We will see what the medical establishment thinks of it. Based on what I see, this paper is serving exactly the purpose you are using it for, medical researchers are not the target audience.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

DocBarrister wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:05 am

Tech37, you really need to stop this idiocy. Promoting ivermectin for an unproven and unapproved use is reckless and moronic.

The FDA has not authorized or approved ivermectin for use in preventing or treating COVID-19 in humans or animals. Ivermectin is approved for human use to treat infections caused by some parasitic worms and head lice and skin conditions like rosacea.

Currently available data do not show ivermectin is effective against COVID-19. Clinical trials assessing ivermectin tablets for the prevention or treatment of COVID-19 in people are ongoing.

If your health care provider writes you an ivermectin prescription, fill it through a legitimate source such as a pharmacy, and take it exactly as prescribed.
Never use medications intended for animals on yourself or other people. Animal ivermectin products are very different from those approved for humans. Use of animal ivermectin for the prevention or treatment of COVID-19 in humans is dangerous.

Ivermectin tablets are approved by the FDA to treat people with intestinal strongyloidiasis and onchocerciasis, two conditions caused by parasitic worms. In addition, some topical forms of ivermectin are approved to treat external parasites like head lice and for skin conditions such as rosacea.

Some forms of animal ivermectin are approved to prevent heartworm disease and treat certain internal and external parasites. It’s important to note that these products are different from the ones for people, and safe only when used in animals as prescribed.

The FDA has not authorized or approved ivermectin for the treatment or prevention of COVID-19 in people or animals. Ivermectin has not been shown to be safe or effective for these indications.

There’s a lot of misinformation around, and you may have heard that it’s okay to take large doses of ivermectin. It is not okay.

Even the levels of ivermectin for approved human uses can interact with other medications, like blood-thinners. You can also overdose on ivermectin, which can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, hypotension (low blood pressure), allergic reactions (itching and hives), dizziness, ataxia (problems with balance), seizures, coma and even death.

Ivermectin Products for Animals Are Different from Ivermectin Products for People
For one thing, animal drugs are often highly concentrated because they are used for large animals like horses and cows, which weigh a lot more than we do—a ton or more. Such high doses can be highly toxic in humans. Moreover, the FDA reviews drugs not just for safety and effectiveness of the active ingredients, but also for the inactive ingredients. Many inactive ingredients found in products for animals aren’t evaluated for use in people. Or they are included in much greater quantity than those used in people. In some cases, we don’t know how those inactive ingredients will affect how ivermectin is absorbed in the human body.

The most effective ways to limit the spread of COVID-19 include getting a COVID-19 vaccine when it is available to you and following current CDC guidance.

Talk to your health care provider about available COVID-19 vaccines and treatment options. Your provider can help determine the best option for you, based on your health history.

DocBarrister
Bret Weinstein and Joe Rogan recommend it.
“I wish you would!”
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:12 am someone explain why we're trying so hard to stop people that would take the animal version in whatever dosage from doing so?
Because people are getting hurt from doing so.

Poison control centers are seeing a dramatic surge in calls from people who are self-medicating with ivermectin, an anti-parasite drug for animals that some falsely claim treats COVID-19.

According to the National Poison Data System (NPDS), which collects information from the nation's 55 poison control centers, there was a 245% jump in reported exposure cases from July to August — from 133 to 459.

Meanwhile, emergency rooms across the country are treating more patients who have taken the drug, after being persuaded by false and misleading information spread on the internet, by talk show hosts and by political leaders. Most patients are overdosing on a version of the drug that is formulated to treat parasites in cows and horses.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronaviru ... ol-centers

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
tech37

Post by tech37 »

DocBarrister
Once again, not "promoting." Sharing information...discussing.

Here's what you posted on Aug 31:

"(3) Do NOT take ivermectin for COVID-19, or for any reason without a physician’s prescription."

I completely agree and have never said otherwise. You, on the other hand, are sending mixed messages.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

tech37 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:27 am

DocBarrister
Once again, not "promoting." Sharing information...discussing.

Here's what you posted on Aug 31:

"(3) Do NOT take ivermectin for COVID-19, or for any reason without a physician’s prescription."

I completely agree and have never said otherwise. You, on the other hand, are sending mixed messages.
You are lying.

It is obviously your intent to promote ivermectin.

STOP IT.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

And no physician should prescribe ivermectin for use against Covid, unless in a regulated, controlled study.

Period.

Anyone saying otherwise is promoting ivermectin usage.

And because their regular physicians are doing the right thing and not prescribing, consumers are deciding to get and use it though quacks and internet. Including dosages that are quite dangerous.

Moreover, it feeds into the notion that a miracle cure means no need to be vaccinated...idiots.

But hey, we know you're way down this rathole with a whole lot of other anti-gov't, anti-expertise, conspiracy believing Americans.

Return to “POLITICS”