All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

ardilla secreta

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by ardilla secreta »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:09 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:05 pm
ardilla secreta wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:13 pm I thought today’s incredible, awesome press con was pretty incredible and awesome. If you missed it the majority of questions were answered with “we’re looking into it” or “we’re working on it. Those were the answers I gave my parents when looking for a homework status. It means we have no freakin clue. However, we can be sure that things are getting done today like no civilization has ever seen before.
Who would have thought?

No one's ever seen anything like this before...
It was pretty much a stinker. Still love Trump riffing on how the answer to the restaurant problem is reinstating the business lunch tax deduction that never went away. :lol:
Someone asked Pence about whether Americans would get access to Affordable Health Care during this crisis. He basically did the Watusi around that without answering the question because the real answer is they’re SOL, but I’m sure they’re working on a solution like no civilization has ever seen before.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:44 pm Have Keystoners become a bunch of lemmings?
Temporary swing. (I think.)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

ardilla secreta wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:13 pm I thought today’s incredible, awesome press con was pretty incredible and awesome. If you missed it the majority of questions were answered with “we’re looking into it” or “we’re working on it. Those were the answers I gave my parents when looking for a homework status. It means we have no freakin clue. However, we can be sure that things are getting done today like no civilization has ever seen before.
Or a contractor or LP investors asking about their money...
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:44 pm
njbill wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:31 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:21 pm Hopefully, some day the Keystone State will smarten up and go Blue again.
Feeling good about 2020. (I hope.)

Strangely, even though tRUMP's actions in this crisis have been a complete mess, his ratings have gone up:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/po ... nsylvania/

Have Keystoners become a bunch of lemmings?
They are patiently waiting for the incredible president to bring back the Pennsylvania Railroad to Altoona, clean coal jobs back to the Wyoming Valley, steel jobs back to Allentown and Bethlehem, slate quarries back to Bangor, lumber back to Williamsport and the Lycoming Valley, oil back to Titusville, electric locomotives to Erie. They’re working on it with results never seen in civilization before.
DocBarrister

Boston Globe: Trump “has blood on his hands”

Post by DocBarrister »

A president unfit for a pandemic

Much of the suffering and death coming was preventable. The president has blood on his hands.

... While the spread of the novel coronavirus has been aggressive around the world, much of the profound impact it will have here in the United States was preventable. As the American public braces itself for the worst of this crisis, it’s worth remembering that the reach of the virus here is not attributable to an act of God or a foreign invasion, but a colossal failure of leadership.

The outbreak that began in China demanded a White House that could act swiftly and competently to protect public health, informed by science and guided by compassion and public service.

... What we have instead is a president epically outmatched by a global pandemic. A president who in late January, when the first confirmed coronavirus case was announced in the United States, downplayed the risk and insisted all was under control.

... A president who has reinforced racial stigma by calling the contagion a “Chinese virus” and failed to collaborate adequately with other countries to contain their outbreaks and study the disease. A president who evades responsibility and refuses to acknowledge, let alone own, the bitter truth of National Institutes of Health scientist Dr. Anthony Fauci’s testimony: that the country’s testing rollout was “a failing.”

... The pandemic reveals that the worst features of this presidency are not merely late-night comedy fodder; they come at the cost of lives, livelihoods, and our collective psyche.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/03/30/ ... ntentQuery

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
wgdsr

Re: Boston Globe: Trump “has blood on his hands”

Post by wgdsr »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:32 pm A president unfit for a pandemic

Much of the suffering and death coming was preventable. The president has blood on his hands.

... While the spread of the novel coronavirus has been aggressive around the world, much of the profound impact it will have here in the United States was preventable. As the American public braces itself for the worst of this crisis, it’s worth remembering that the reach of the virus here is not attributable to an act of God or a foreign invasion, but a colossal failure of leadership.

The outbreak that began in China demanded a White House that could act swiftly and competently to protect public health, informed by science and guided by compassion and public service.

... What we have instead is a president epically outmatched by a global pandemic. A president who in late January, when the first confirmed coronavirus case was announced in the United States, downplayed the risk and insisted all was under control.

... A president who has reinforced racial stigma by calling the contagion a “Chinese virus” and failed to collaborate adequately with other countries to contain their outbreaks and study the disease. A president who evades responsibility and refuses to acknowledge, let alone own, the bitter truth of National Institutes of Health scientist Dr. Anthony Fauci’s testimony: that the country’s testing rollout was “a failing.”

... The pandemic reveals that the worst features of this presidency are not merely late-night comedy fodder; they come at the cost of lives, livelihoods, and our collective psyche.

DocBarrister
list all the countries that handled this in fashion perfecto, or anywhere close, to arrive at a different outcome. so we can revisit in a month.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:49 pm
6ftstick wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:29 pm Anyone heard any info on how many people with underlying conditions are dying from those issues and not coronavirus.

Nearly nine million people die annually from Heart disease, 3 million from lung disease, 3 million more from pneumonia etc—are they really dying from corona virus.
Don't worry, its all a "democrat hoax". :lol:
Source: ISS Italy National Health Institute,

This new study could provide insight into why Italy’s death rate, at about 8% of total infected people, is higher than in other countries.

The Rome-based institute has examined medical records of about 18% of the country’s coronavirus fatalities, finding that just three victims, or 0.8% of the total, had no previous pathology. Almost half of the victims suffered from at least three prior illnesses and about a fourth had either one or two previous conditions.

More than 75% had high blood pressure, about 35% had diabetes and a third suffered from heart disease.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:19 pm

DocBarrister
list all the countries that handled this in fashion perfecto, or anywhere close, to arrive at a different outcome. so we can revisit in a month.
No nation handled the pandemic perfectly, but South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Singapore handled it relatively well.

Even among the nations that have handled the pandemic poorly, Trump is a horrible outlier.

Defending Trump is just imprudent (my polite term), so don’t.

In terms of moral culpability, Trump really does have blood on his hands.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
a fan

Post by a fan »

A nurse who lives two doors down said this is happening at her hospital----because so many people are rightly staying away from hospitals, surgeries and visits and checkups are all being cancelled. The hospital's response? Lay off the doctors, or dock their pay.

Truth is alway stranger than fiction.....

https://www.newsweek.com/utah-medical-p ... btRl7DCiuw
johnnyonthegunpowder

Post by johnnyonthegunpowder »

DocBarrister wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:16 am

DocBarrister
No nation handled the pandemic perfectly, but South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Singapore handled it relatively well.

Even among the nations that have handled the pandemic poorly, Trump is a horrible outlier.

DocBarrister
Not just Trump, Doc, but his biggest supporters: Pelosi, DeBlasio, Cuomo, Mark Levine chair of NYC health committe, NYC Health Commissioner Barbot all told citizens that they should go about life as normal just two weeks ago and now NYC is the epicenter. Now, what would've the reaction have been if Trump went the Singapore route: close the borders after 2 confirmed cases. Hmmmmmmmm, I wonder :roll:
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

johnnyonthegunpowder wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:07 am

DocBarrister

DocBarrister
Not just Trump, Doc, but his biggest supporters: Pelosi, DeBlasio, Cuomo, Mark Levine chair of NYC health committe, NYC Health Commissioner Barbot all told citizens that they should go about life as normal just two weeks ago and now NYC is the epicenter. Now, what would've the reaction have been if Trump went the Singapore route: close the borders after 2 confirmed cases. Hmmmmmmmm, I wonder :roll:
I suspect Dr. Fauci will be forced to resign after the full story of this debacle comes out. Gov. Cuomo unquestionably waited too long to shut down NYC. But ultimate blame must be placed at the top.

Trump’s handling of the pandemic is criminal. He placed his own political interests above the safety and welfare of the American people. Tens of thousands of Americans will pay with their lives for Trump’s deliberate delay of action. His supporters share in Trump’s moral culpability.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:48 am A nurse who lives two doors down said this is happening at her hospital----because so many people are rightly staying away from hospitals, surgeries and visits and checkups are all being cancelled. The hospital's response? Lay off the doctors, or dock their pay.

I hear they're hiring in NYC.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

DocBarrister

DocBarrister
so is that 2 countries and 2 cities? in the world?
all who went thru sars pretty intently? who are cuffing and tracking citizens and fining them $10k for being inside 6 feet of each other?
yeah, that'd work here.
btw, singapore's numbers translated to population would be 60k cases and 4300 just yesterday in the u.s.
hong kong might be ramping up.
we'll see how they're doing in a month.

btw, i have not defended trump if you have read. i'm questioning your ability to assess the situation and understand the real culprits for our situation. in the interim, you can refrain from telling me what i can and cannot do.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:22 am

DocBarrister

DocBarrister
all who went thru sars pretty intently? who are cuffing and tracking citizens and fining them $10k for being inside 6 feet of each other?
yeah, that'd work here.
btw, singapore's numbers translated to population would be 60k cases and 4300 just yesterday in the u.s.

btw, i have not defended trump if you have read. i'm questioning your ability to assess the situation and understand the real culprits for our situation. in the interim, you can refrain from telling me what i can and cannot do.
And who are you to question my “ability to assess the situation and understand the real culprits for our situation?” I’m educated and trained in medicine, law, and public health, with degrees in each. I have worked in health policy and lobbied on health and regulatory issues in DC. You?

I am still hoping that we can avoid the worst projected outcomes. We may still be able to do that.

But Trump has made just about every mistake a leader can make in responding to a global pandemic.

—He lied, when transparency and truth are crucial.

—He failed to lead in demanding tough shutdown measures which China had already initiated.

—He failed to immediately order industry to develop the most important tool for fighting a pandemic ... an accurate diagnostic test. The South Korean government held their emergency meeting with industry in a train station ... they didn’t even bother spending the extra time to get another venue.

—He repeatedly downplayed the crisis for six weeks. Was doing that even last week with his “Easter” delusion.

—He failed to listen to the experts.

—He failed in basic communication (e.g., discussing a quarantine of the tri-state area without even calling the governors).

—His “shipping clerk” comment betrayed his complete lack of understanding regarding the management of logistics in a crisis like that.

—His inconsistent policies and poor management skills have fostered confusion and chaos.

—He mistakenly believes that economic activity and control of the pandemic were at odds, when resuming economic activity wholly depends on getting the pandemic under control.

That’s just a partial list. Textbook examples of catastrophic mistakes. His delay in acting was a crucial error.

Trump’s mistakes may cost tens of thousands of American lives. That’s not an opinion, that’s a fact.

Why are we even discussing the possibility of nearly a quarter million dead? That just reflects the colossal scope of Trump’s mistakes.

Worst of all, it’s not even clear that those were mistakes. Trump reportedly gambled that the the pandemic would dissipate with warmer weather, a gamble with no scientific basis. As always, he prioritized his own interests above anything else.

The United States will have a death toll that will dwarf that of any other nation. How is that even possible?

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Last summer, the Trump administration let the contract lapse with the firm maintaining the ventilator stockpile. Now, ventilators are reaching states in disrepair. nytimes.com/2020/04/01/us/… @SangerNYT @KannoYoungs @nkulish
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

DocBarrister

DocBarrister
In terms of moral culpability, Chinese communists really do have all the blood in the world on their hands.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

"I don't know how our government operates anymore," said one Republican close to the administration, lamenting that the sudden authority granted to non-governmental actors had left them with their "eyebrow raised unbelievably high."

Behind the scenes, Jared is in charge.
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/0 ... nse-160553
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:48 am A nurse who lives two doors down said this is happening at her hospital----because so many people are rightly staying away from hospitals, surgeries and visits and checkups are all being cancelled. The hospital's response? Lay off the doctors, or dock their pay.

Looks someone may be following the money.......

...YUP, this situation fall squarely on our MEDICAL community. Anyone blaming "politicians", especially those in the medical community.....ARE the problem.

Licensing reciprocity....that issue covered by Event 201/Matnums 69 page nothingness :roll: ...........why is the medical community dragging its feet? (any lawyers think NO law suit will happen if a medical person from, say Kentucky, goes to help out in NYC ? Please....thanks oligarchy. You're so smart, you didn't check to see if it has gas .

1 of 5 family that are MD's, works at a "top" hospital in Boston. Has 1700 "patients" (all OLD people ) .......wtheck

Lots of low paid cna's in Boston area hospitals and "nursing homes", the actual RN's type all day. It's sad....but DOC don't care, he's got a locked neighorhood. No nurses can GET into DocBarristers gated community.

$7 million, $4million & lots of $2-$1 million NOT profit INSURANCE salaries.........you think the "top" docs at Colorado blue cross are cutting their multi million dollar salaries? They don't even touch patients, any longer. Hence...the rub. Doctors stay quiet, hoping to land administration jobs. Nurses? Well, we all nurses are like the enlisted ranks (military)...how many ENLISTED guys sit on the Joint chief of Staffs? Exactly

Medical community cared NOT that much equipment made in china. As long as their 401K is getting fat.....who cares.

To DOC. SO clueless. When you have staunch SHAYSIANS like me (TAATS), and then others, most recently WGRDS (heard they were closing Fells Point Green Turtle, boy does Batlimoier live in perpetual lousy. ) .....it's NOT defending tRump......it is asking questions so "mistakes" , as you claim, won't happen again. No matter WHICH taats calls Penn. Ave. home for 4 years.

SO, forever STOP posting.......any of you....if you can't list 5 things that the POTUSA should have done differently.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Bart

Post by Bart »

DocBarrister wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:33 am
wgdsr wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:22 am

DocBarrister

DocBarrister
yeah, that'd work here.

And who are you to question my “ability to assess the situation and understand the real culprits for our situation?” I’m educated and trained in medicine, law, and public health, with degrees in each. I have worked in health policy and lobbied on health and regulatory issues in DC. You?

DocBarrister
Yet, with all that all you seem to do is put up numbers and bash Trump. Did he F-up? In my estimation he did. But continuously putting death rates and then stating how horrible Trump is seems rather intellectually lazy to me.

I knew you had these type of credentials and I was hoping to get some real insight, not just the constant barrage of trump is a pos. I am still hopeful. You may have done so in the past, you may be putting snippets here and there now but to be honest I do not remember them because all I do remember is the constant bashing.

I'll go crawl back under my bridge. Flame away good sir, flame away.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Trinity wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:12 am "I don't know how our government operates anymore," said one Republican close to the administration, lamenting that the sudden authority granted to non-governmental actors had left them with their "eyebrow raised unbelievably high."

Behind the scenes, Jared is in charge.
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/0 ... nse-160553
.......no kidding. Us SHaysians have known this for 6 weeks. And you continue to harp on "HIM". It's 2020, NOT 1933, or whenever "that" event happened in Berlin. Knives, dark.....deaTHS.

"All these OLD people, dying, were costing the US tax payer a fortune anyway".........says a source in the WH.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"

Return to “POLITICS”