Elon Musk (yet another authoritarian)

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: Elon Musk (yet another authoritarian)

Post by youthathletics »

Latest Twitter Files download. Pentagon and CENTCOM are active users for the greater (good and bad). https://twitter.com/lhfang/status/16052 ... _JariZulcw
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm Latest Twitter Files download. Pentagon and CENTCOM are active users for the greater (good and bad). https://twitter.com/lhfang/status/16052 ... _JariZulcw
Do you think it’s good or bad?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... nothing surprising about it. Would totally expect DOD / CIA / etc. to engage with US social media companies to institute such a program given the same thing is being done to the US by unfriendly nations and organizations. Be interesting to see how Faux News and the right-wing media scum use it. Sure they won't play it straight if they even mention it.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:10 pm
rosinheel wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:37 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:04 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:47 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:39 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:35 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:03 pm Elon admits it; if he likes you, you get to stay:

https://mobile.twitter.com/melaniedoak/ ... 3616614401
Do us a favor and find that on ‘His’ timeline.
I don't know what that means.
Search Elons direct account, Tweets and Replies, and see where he said that. https://twitter.com/elonmusk/with_replies.
You and Elon are on a first name basis! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You and Kanye as well, I see.

https://fanlax.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=174931#p174931
Yes. Ye. I believe Kanye West went to the singular Kanye foe artistic reasons. Sort of like you…dropping @ass hole for just @ass. YA is still DR.

How did you find this site?
His friend Peter Brown. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MXmYZJq6SLY

Nice to shoehorn in the heel after folks jumped on Rasheed as if that would help the subversion.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:52 am
rosinheel wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:32 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:28 am
rosinheel wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:47 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:33 am
rosinheel wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:49 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:03 pm Elon admits it; if he likes you, you get to stay:

Search Elons direct account, Tweets and Replies, and see where he said that. https://twitter.com/elonmusk/with_replies.

Yes. Ye. I believe Kanye West went to the singular Kanye foe artistic reasons. Sort of like you…dropping @ass hole for just @ass. YA is still DR.

Train wrecks are difficult to ignore.
Really….of all the train wrecks on the internet you stumbled upon a politics site inside a lacrosse site? What are the odds?

Is it a politics forum inside a lacrosse site, or a lacrosse forum inside a politics site?
Where is the www.fanpolitics.com site?

212,140 > 110,369
Still doesn’t explain how you stumbled across this site. Welcome back though. We miss you.
Peter Brown wrote: ↑
This shall be my final post, which is my choice. though I expect the Admin to make it my last as well, upon reading this lol.

When I was booted off this website last, I sent a private message to the Admin to disengage my account and remove all traces of me. Obviously that did not occur. I intend to make it inevitably official, today.

When I get booted off a social media platform, I want to be booted for a reason, not 8 DNC-leaning pansi*s crying to an Administrator they don't want to be mentally challenged. Not once did I ever write anything pejorative about any poster here...not once. It's not my style. But it IS the style of most of the Democrats on this forum...yet they are never punished (that's mostly because the conservatives don't run and tell the Admin like the Democrats here).

I'm going to call out specific people (that should REALLY get me booted!) because they deserve to be called out, but I'll also offer them some free practical advice which they will ignore, but don't say I didn't try. These folks have called me all sorts of names which doesn't bother me in the least; I tried to report someone once to see if the Admin would suspend the account, yet no action was taken...natch and LOL.

In any event, when I get booted, I want to deserve it, so here goes!

This website is great for lacrosse but awful for civil political debate; the reason for that of course is the softness of the resident FLP (as Cradle affectionately calls them), 8 or so of the biggest bunch of wusses you will ever read on the Internet. Isn't lacrosse supposed to be a game of tough people!?!? You 8 or so are the polar opposite of that, a group of hysterical Karen's running to the Admin because you can't engage in debate. GMAFB and GTFOOH.

Admin: Open this board up to independent thinkers; stop banning the only worthwhile posters here.

One of the best posters ever here was Joe Mauer. He left because the 8 pansi@es complained about him to the Admin, even though he simply called it like it is. You nancies claim victory for chasing a guy like that off, but all you've really done is reveal yourselves as total pussi@s incapable of debate. Grow a pair.

MDLax: you are, without question, the most arrogant entitled dbag on this site or anywhere. Many have said so previously, so it's not like I'm claiming some revolutionary new idea. You're too old to change so really I have no advice for you. You're not the guy you desperately want to be. My only advice would be to delete your account and focus elsewhere. It's never too late to TRY to change, as hard as it will be for a person like you. Just get lost. It will do you a world of good. Thanks.

Farfromgeneva: you're the opposite of smart, like a cinder block sitting by itself at a bankrupt Sears in dumbf*ck America. Dumber than brick. You don't know anything about finance, even though you post here pretending you do. You don't....trust me. Stop posting eight-page articles; if you have a thought (a miracle, but whatever), post it and debate. Clip only parts of articles, don't waste everyone's time. Also, go see a therapist; you need to become less angry and more humble. You're crass af. I'm under the impression you are jobless and divorced, because you post at 6 am and 11 pm...who does that?!?!? Go get a job. Stop lying. Thanks.

TLD: your wry swipes at humor are stupid and old. America is fine, people aren't as racist as you want them to be. Most people don't even think of race anymore. You will run out of complaints when you realize this. Thanks.

Brooklyn: you're a good dude. You're honest. I might be miles apart from you politically, but I totally respect your game. Carry on. Thanks.

Seacoaster: you are what you hate in Republicans. You're a total tool of the DNC, incapable of any independent thought. Sac up. Thanks.

Disslaxx: you're hopeless.

DDocBarrister: ditto.

jhu72: ironically, I like you. You're insane and basically a communist, but I think your spirit is pure. Carry on. Thanks.

ggait: you're a total, regurgitated toolbox. There's zero chance you had any skill in lacrosse; soft af. You submitted, what, 12 complaints to the Admin about me? Just gay af move. Delete. Thanks.

a fan: you are one of those guys who jumps on a pile once the pile is already made. You're also liberal...stop lying. Thanks.

Cradle: you're one the few decent ones left. Carry on.

Tech37, before you clowns chased him away too, was great. There are others. Bandito was fine; you nancies have no humor so you can't even laugh at his obvious satire.

Admin needs to stop caving to the DNC-leaning clowns here. Outside of essexfenwick, I've never seen a conservative post anything remotely close to the personally negative sh*t that the 8 or so post every day and that I posted above (this is my one and only time I'll ever say anything personally negative about anyone here or anywhere, only about their online personas mind you; please note that posters like MDLax and ggait and FFG say the same and worse personal insults here every day with not even an official nudge to change...) Only the conservatives who get suspended, which is fair, but let's be honest when describing the site.

For the DNC-leaning clowns that hall-monitor this board and tattle-tale to the Admin, reporting every conservative ever, I really hope you leave, or alternately get therapy. You are what's wrong with America; you're no different than MTG/Boebert/Gaitz; the same level of idiocy, abject clownishness, and desperate desire for acceptance by clinging to a mob, needing the mob's approval, and purifying the town square of those who do not agree with you. Insecure af.
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:16 pm

Really….of all the train wrecks on the internet you stumbled upon a politics site inside a lacrosse site? What are the odds?

Is it a politics forum inside a lacrosse site, or a lacrosse forum inside a politics site?

212,140 > 110,369
Still doesn’t explain how you stumbled across this site. Welcome back though. We miss you.
This shall be my final post, which is my choice. though I expect the Admin to make it my last as well, upon reading this lol.

When I was booted off this website last, I sent a private message to the Admin to disengage my account and remove all traces of me. Obviously that did not occur. I intend to make it inevitably official, today.

When I get booted off a social media platform, I want to be booted for a reason, not 8 DNC-leaning pansi*s crying to an Administrator they don't want to be mentally challenged. Not once did I ever write anything pejorative about any poster here...not once. It's not my style. But it IS the style of most of the Democrats on this forum...yet they are never punished (that's mostly because the conservatives don't run and tell the Admin like the Democrats here).

I'm going to call out specific people (that should REALLY get me booted!) because they deserve to be called out, but I'll also offer them some free practical advice which they will ignore, but don't say I didn't try. These folks have called me all sorts of names which doesn't bother me in the least; I tried to report someone once to see if the Admin would suspend the account, yet no action was taken...natch and LOL.

This website is great for lacrosse but awful for civil political debate; the reason for that of course is the softness of the resident FLP (as Cradle affectionately calls them), 8 or so of the biggest bunch of wusses you will ever read on the Internet. Isn't lacrosse supposed to be a game of tough people!?!? You 8 or so are the polar opposite of that, a group of hysterical Karen's running to the Admin because you can't engage in debate. GMAFB and GTFOOH.

Admin: Open this board up to independent thinkers; stop banning the only worthwhile posters here.

One of the best posters ever here was Joe Mauer. He left because the 8 pansi@es complained about him to the Admin, even though he simply called it like it is. You nancies claim victory for chasing a guy like that off, but all you've really done is reveal yourselves as total pussi@s incapable of debate. Grow a pair.

MDLax: you are, without question, the most arrogant entitled dbag on this site or anywhere. Many have said so previously, so it's not like I'm claiming some revolutionary new idea. You're too old to change so really I have no advice for you. You're not the guy you desperately want to be. My only advice would be to delete your account and focus elsewhere. It's never too late to TRY to change, as hard as it will be for a person like you. Just get lost. It will do you a world of good. Thanks.

Farfromgeneva: you're the opposite of smart, like a cinder block sitting by itself at a bankrupt Sears in dumbf*ck America. Dumber than brick. You don't know anything about finance, even though you post here pretending you do. You don't....trust me. Stop posting eight-page articles; if you have a thought (a miracle, but whatever), post it and debate. Clip only parts of articles, don't waste everyone's time. Also, go see a therapist; you need to become less angry and more humble. You're crass af. I'm under the impression you are jobless and divorced, because you post at 6 am and 11 pm...who does that?!?!? Go get a job. Stop lying. Thanks.

TLD: your wry swipes at humor are stupid and old. America is fine, people aren't as racist as you want them to be. Most people don't even think of race anymore. You will run out of complaints when you realize this. Thanks.

Brooklyn: you're a good dude. You're honest. I might be miles apart from you politically, but I totally respect your game. Carry on. Thanks.

Seacoaster: you are what you hate in Republicans. You're a total tool of the DNC, incapable of any independent thought. Sac up. Thanks.

jhu72: ironically, I like you. You're insane and basically a communist, but I think your spirit is pure. Carry on. Thanks.

ggait: you're a total, regurgitated toolbox. There's zero chance you had any skill in lacrosse; soft af. You submitted, what, 12 complaints to the Admin about me? Just gay af move. Delete. Thanks.

a fan: you are one of those guys who jumps on a pile once the pile is already made. You're also liberal...stop lying. Thanks.

Tech37, before you clowns chased him away too, was great. There are others. Bandito was fine; you nancies have no humor so you can't even laugh at his obvious satire.

Admin needs to stop caving to the DNC-leaning clowns here. Outside of essexfenwick, I've never seen a conservative post anything remotely close to the personally negative sh*t that the 8 or so post every day and that I posted above (this is my one and only time I'll ever say anything personally negative about anyone here or anywhere, only about their online personas mind you; please note that posters like MDLax and ggait and FFG say the same and worse personal insults here every day with not even an official nudge to change...) Only the conservatives who get suspended, which is fair, but let's be honest when describing the site.

For the DNC-leaning clowns that hall-monitor this board and tattle-tale to the Admin, reporting every conservative ever, I really hope you leave, or alternately get therapy. You are what's wrong with America; you're no different than MTG/Boebert/Gaitz; the same level of idiocy, abject clownishness, and desperate desire for acceptance by clinging to a mob, needing the mob's approval, and purifying the town square of those who do not agree with you. Insecure af.
He missed the mark
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Musk a real force for free speech. :lol: :lol: You just can't disagree with him.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:11 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:16 pm

212,140 > 110,369

He missed the mark
#neverforget
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Changes to Twitter: https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/160 ... 7D_Acz1sAg

A new offering like youtube where you can count views, Twitter will now have View Count. I suspect advertisers will see this and say dayyumm, people do see this stuff, even though they may not engage.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:54 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:17 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:27 pm Of course there's already a dozen EVs out there in the $20k - $50k range and growing...
And headed down as scale is reached.
The real issue with BEVs is energy density of current battery packs and speed of refill. Obviously, the solution is battery-as-a-service: vehicle comes with one "hard-wired", and the facility to easily add others (normalized units built to international spec - no more "cowboying"). So, range could be extended for infrequent times most users would need more than 100 miles range -- say a long distance journey to family and the delay in recharging could be eliminated via battery "exchange". This would also allow for the optimization of battery recharging so as to extend the service life of the battery. Paradigm of going to a "filling station" and fueling up has to stop. Needs to be an easily swapped pack. And quickly, like say 15 minutes - pull up, initiate battery exchange protocol (de-energize unit to be exchanged) - could possibly be an automatic function once battery reaches a certain state, remove battery from "slot", insert into exchange machine, pay, remove charged pack, re-insert into vehicle, car would sense new pack (plug-'n-play) and initiate integration into system. Once integration done, drive away. 15 minutes if you are slow. Oh, and you r vehicle would be apprised of availability of available units via over-the-air inventory check.

None of this is hard. Just needs a "push" to create initial scaling function (widespread availability of exchange units and charging facility, charged units could be re-stocked via autonomous drone vehicles that would deliver and "stock" the exchange points 24/7). Needs to be "lights-out". Remove humans from the process 'cause they scuk, get sick, take vacations, etc.

Now, do we have the will to demand this? I for one would gladly kiss my dirty, fluid-filled ICE vehicle goodbye.
I had a similar view to how we solve the "speed of refueling" problem of EV's, but the industry seems to have decided two things that create massive headwinds for the idea of battery swapping.

1) The overall investment in batteries required to execute the strategy ends up way to high. Who is going to finance all that battery inventory? Can you charge enough of a premium to cover the carry cost? Industry so far says "no".

2) Battery technology is too nascent to settle on one tech as the standard. We haven't even reached betamax vs VHS yet. Most of the folks I talk to in the trenches on this seem to think that a different solution will be found before it ever comes to it.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

HooDat wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:37 am
PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:54 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:17 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:27 pm Of course there's already a dozen EVs out there in the $20k - $50k range and growing...
And headed down as scale is reached.
The real issue with BEVs is energy density of current battery packs and speed of refill. Obviously, the solution is battery-as-a-service: vehicle comes with one "hard-wired", and the facility to easily add others (normalized units built to international spec - no more "cowboying"). So, range could be extended for infrequent times most users would need more than 100 miles range -- say a long distance journey to family and the delay in recharging could be eliminated via battery "exchange". This would also allow for the optimization of battery recharging so as to extend the service life of the battery. Paradigm of going to a "filling station" and fueling up has to stop. Needs to be an easily swapped pack. And quickly, like say 15 minutes - pull up, initiate battery exchange protocol (de-energize unit to be exchanged) - could possibly be an automatic function once battery reaches a certain state, remove battery from "slot", insert into exchange machine, pay, remove charged pack, re-insert into vehicle, car would sense new pack (plug-'n-play) and initiate integration into system. Once integration done, drive away. 15 minutes if you are slow. Oh, and you r vehicle would be apprised of availability of available units via over-the-air inventory check.

None of this is hard. Just needs a "push" to create initial scaling function (widespread availability of exchange units and charging facility, charged units could be re-stocked via autonomous drone vehicles that would deliver and "stock" the exchange points 24/7). Needs to be "lights-out". Remove humans from the process 'cause they scuk, get sick, take vacations, etc.

Now, do we have the will to demand this? I for one would gladly kiss my dirty, fluid-filled ICE vehicle goodbye.
I had a similar view to how we solve the "speed of refueling" problem of EV's, but the industry seems to have decided two things that create massive headwinds for the idea of battery swapping.

1) The overall investment in batteries required to execute the strategy ends up way to high. Who is going to finance all that battery inventory? Can you charge enough of a premium to cover the carry cost? Industry so far says "no".

2) Battery technology is too nascent to settle on one tech as the standard. We haven't even reached betamax vs VHS yet. Most of the folks I talk to in the trenches on this seem to think that a different solution will be found before it ever comes to it.
Hydrogen fuel cells? Little bit of an infrastructure challenge there. Electrical service is fairly ubiquitous, hydrogen production, storage and distribution not so much.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

TSLA down !3% today; drops below $125....is a margin call coming?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Would be a great time to buy, rather than hoping a US company fails.
~Livy
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:26 pm Would be a great time to buy, rather than hoping a US company fails.
Not hoping for a failure. Just pointing out the risks as Elmo is heavily leveraged in the Twitter deal with TSLA stock. I think the market is reflecting this anxiety.

I'm a shareholder. But my investment is in TSLA not Twitter
Last edited by Kismet on Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:26 pm Would be a great time to buy, rather than hoping a US company fails.
I, for one, would hope that Tesla succeeds.
Musk is another matter.

I bet Kismet feels similarly.

I'm ok with Twitter failing under Musk's ownership, though if it came out of bankruptcy with some decent people, no Musk or acolytes or other extremists, in charge I'd be glad to see it succeed too.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:33 pm
I, for one, would hope that Tesla succeeds.
Musk is another matter.

I bet Kismet feels similarly.

I'm ok with Twitter failing under Musk's ownership, though if it came out of bankruptcy with some decent people, no Musk or acolytes or other extremists, in charge I'd be glad to see it succeed too.
Well, his erratic behavior is costing Tesla. Guess people are fickle about their iconoclasts.

"Heather decided she was done when Elon Musk posted vitriolic attacks on Dr. Anthony Fauci, one of the world's most respected immunologists and outgoing director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. For Logan, it was when Musk ordered employees to stop paying Twitter's bills to vendors for services they'd already rendered.

For Tom, Musk's corrosive and erratic leadership of Twitter since he bought the social media site at the end of October was just too much.

And when each of them called to cancel their Tesla car preorders or to terminate their car leases over the past few months, saying Musk's toxic behavior was the reason, each heard pretty much the same thing from the Tesla salesperson on the other end of the line: "We're hearing a lot of that."

For the past two months, Musk, 51, has been managing Twitter as its new owner and CEO, after paying $44 billion to buy the company. Now it seems the toll of his chaotic leadership style, while also splitting his time, is wearing on his other companies. The world's second-richest person is also CEO of electric car manufacturer Tesla and rocket maker SpaceX."

https://www.cnet.com/tech/these-tesla-d ... ter-drama/
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Kismet wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:30 pm
Not hoping for a failure. Just pointing out the risks as Elmo is heavily leveraged in the Twitter deal with TSLA stock. I think the market is reflecting this anxiety.

if you think of it, pm me when it's in the 60s or 70s, por favor.
Typical Lax Dad

TSLA is failing because the stock is falling? That’s your analysis?
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Kismet wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:30 pm

I was a shareholder from 2014 to mid 2022. Made a solid chunk of change. I don't see how Tesla stays a leader in the field. Not with everyone else ramping up production with better quality control and some models of equal or better specs. And with their issues in delivering the gimmicky cybertruck and over-promising and underdelivering various self-driving aspects. I personally don't see it as a long term stock worth holding anymore.
njbill

Post by njbill »

I'm by no means an expert in anything business related, but I see Tesla's future similarly.

At some point, the big luxury auto makers will be able to make EVs better than (or at least as good as) Teslas, and probably significantly cheaper. Whether Tesla retains a niche market or goes the way of the dodo bird (or the DeLorean) remains to be seen. Remember how many auto manufacturers there were in the 1920s, and how many survived?

Return to “POLITICS”