Elon Musk (yet another authoritarian)

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
PizzaSnake

Re: Elon Musk (yet another authoritarian)

Post by PizzaSnake »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:37 pm
HooDat wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:39 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:44 am
HooDat wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:29 am This sudden focus on "free speech on Twitter" is amusing to say the least.

Elon is obviously a hypocrite, but so are all the people on here screaming about the curtailing of journalistic integrity!

Anyone complaining about Elon kicking people off for his definition of doxxing that wasn't screaming from the hilltops about Twitter kicking the NY Post off for posting about Hunter's laptop - should just sit this one out....
Ya got it backwards, and have missed the initial conversations. We're mocking Musk and FoxNation for whining about free speech and shutting down accounts.......and Musk, obviously, is behaving just like the last crew that owned twitter.

Because that's how it works!!!! You can't FORCE a company to publish something. And I HATE that Americans are so stupid in 2022 that you have to explain that to them.

Musk gets to run twitter any damn way he pleases. If you don't like it, don't use it. Welcome to America.
Sorry - not buying it. I believe that is YOUR motivation afan - you have a rather long track record of calling out hypocritical BS. But if Musk were out there shutting down what are perceived as conservative accounts there would be silence (or even cheers) on here from all the usual suspects....
Who are these "usual suspects" ?

We have a couple of partisan sorts from the left who might knee jerk that way, but the big bulk of posters on here are pretty darn middle of the road.

It's true that most of us see social media, and the algorithms that automatically amplify the 'speech' that causes the most anger or fear or jealousy, regardless of accuracy, regardless of harm, as a serious problem with this fast moving, unregulated technology. It's a brand new beast, with quite different dynamics and effects than we've previously addressed...and most of us think that's a big problem.

And it's also true that one of the phenomenons that has happened with social media has been the rapid and pervasive spread of disinformation and misinformation, for grift, whether for advertising eyeballs or selling a product or selling an influence, whether political or other. And, yeah, a lot of the stuff got used by 'right-wing' players in the political ecosphere, including amplification by foreign actors. Some of that from the hard-left too.

We should be concerned about that.

But here's this mega billionaire, who happens to have some pretty darn hard right, bigoted views himself and really, really didn't like having entities like the SEC telling him he couldn't talk about his company's stock...and he decides his "free speech" is being infringed, and so is a whole bunch of other guys like him who want to say whatever they want, whenever they want, no matter the damage to others, and with impunity...so, he says he's going to reform Twitter by buying it and turning into a "free speech" platform; and the right wingers and the grifters go berserk with joy that they will no longer get moderated if they breach terms of service (they knew he was a right-winger himself)...but instead, he decides he's going to censor speech he doesn't like, F-the free speech concept...it's his prerogative, but hypocrisy through the roof.

But, oops...he forgot that the reason why Twitter, like other for profit endeavors, had tried to keep a lid on the worst such, whether from left or right, was that they wanted to attract advertisers...but oops, advertisers don't want their brand associated with hate speech and misinformation grifts...so, he tries to charge the subscribers...he should have just bought "Truth Social"...
"and the algorithms that automatically amplify the 'speech' that causes the most anger or fear or jealousy, regardless of accuracy, regardless of harm, as a serious problem with this fast moving, unregulated technology."

Amen, brother!!
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Maybe Elon could choose to watch the complete meltdown of the intolerant, angry and hate filled left wing nuts by deciding to run for POTUS in 2024? :D That would be quite the spectacle for the mainstream media to cover. Free rolls of duct tape would need to be distributed to the usual suspects on this forum. FLP brains will explode just like as in Mars Attack. Elon could be the Slim Whitman that makes that happen. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca1rcnfuv4c
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Sure. Why not? Now that Trump has terminated the constitution, the requirement that the president be a natural born citizen no longer applies.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

njbill wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:50 am Sure. Why not? Now that Trump has terminated the constitution, the requirement that the president be a natural born citizen no longer applies.
it worked for BHO. ;) :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

njbill wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:50 am Sure. Why not? Now that Trump has terminated the constitution, the requirement that the president be a natural born citizen no longer applies.
An African-American president Republicans can get behind!
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:16 am
it worked for BHO. ;) :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Elon admits it; if he likes you, you get to stay:

https://mobile.twitter.com/melaniedoak/ ... 3616614401
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:03 pm Elon admits it; if he likes you, you get to stay:

Do us a favor and find that on ‘His’ timeline.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:35 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:03 pm Elon admits it; if he likes you, you get to stay:

I don't know what that means.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Like many of Musk's other indiscretions, he likely deleted the tweet shortly after he made it. It allows him to get the immediate attention he needs and then some measure of plausible deniability afterwards as YA confirms as he fell for it hook. line and sinker. :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Elmo does this sh*t all the time. :P It's part of the public persona he has created as a 21st Century version of P.T. Barnum.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:39 pm

Search Elons direct account, Tweets and Replies, and see where he said that. https://twitter.com/elonmusk/with_replies.
~Livy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Kismet wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:44 pm

Like many of Musk's other indiscretions, he likely deleted the tweet shortly after he made it. It allows him to get the immediate attention he needs and then some measure of plausible deniability afterwards as YA confirms as he fell for it hook. line and sinker. :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Elmo does this sh*t all the time. :P It's part of the public persona he has created as a 21st Century version of P.T. Barnum.
Nice cover and BS story by you. Meanwhile, in Realville,USA there is a website that tracks and archives deleted tweets. oops!

I thought you didnt use social media or is that your alias alter ego? :lol:
~Livy
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:50 pm

Nice cover and BS story by you. Meanwhile, in Realville,USA there is a website that tracks and archives deleted tweets. oops!

"website that tracks and archives deleted tweets."

And how does it function? It would have to have access to ALL Twitter feeds ALL the time. Does it? Performed any testing to verify, or are you just talking shite through your hat?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:47 pm

Search Elons direct account, Tweets and Replies, and see where he said that. https://twitter.com/elonmusk/with_replies.
Oh. Um, no.
Typical Lax Dad

You and Elon are on a first name basis! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:01 pm

And how does it function? It would have to have access to ALL Twitter feeds ALL the time. Does it? Performed any testing to verify, or are you just talking shite through your hat?
Prove me wrong, your 'vernacular' indicates you are bright...maybe you can find a youtube video to help you. ;)
~Livy
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

The only BS here is the garbage from you about me having an alias - which I don't. Kindly point me to where I have ever stated that I don't use social media. :oops:

Perhaps this shIte (which you often do) may explain why reasonable discussions with you are often a complete waste of time. :P As your cry me a river BS oftentimes illustrates.

Wold not be surprised to discover that Elmo is diverting attention form his recent large liquidations of Tesla stock. Tesla stock now at $149.08 in after-hours trading. What's next, a margin call? It will take more than some stupid diversionary behavior on Twitter to deal with that one.
Last edited by Kismet on Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rosinheel

Post by rosinheel »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:04 pm

You and Kanye as well, I see.

https://fanlax.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=174931#p174931
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:08 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:01 pm

Prove me wrong, your 'vernacular' indicates you are bright...maybe you can find a youtube video to help you. ;)
So, talking shite.

You made the assertion as to the existence and function of said site. Demonstrate it’s existence and infallibility.
Burden is on you who made the claim.
Typical Lax Dad

rosinheel wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:37 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:04 pm

You and Kanye as well, I see.

https://fanlax.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=174931#p174931
Yes. Ye. I believe Kanye West went to the singular Kanye foe artistic reasons. Sort of like you…dropping @ass hole for just @ass. YA is still DR.

How did you find this site?

Return to “POLITICS”