NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
callaxdad

Re: NESCAC

Post by callaxdad »

justanotherperson wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:06 am
choochooCharlie wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 7:29 am
justanotherperson wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 7:24 am What about nationally? 30-35th

Hamilton beats the 30-35th ranked DI team in OT?

Dream big bro.
I dont think 30-35th is dreaming big

But I am glad you spit out our drink because when a team like High Point beats a team like Duke, I am guessing your one game anecdote means either Hp is top 5 or Duke is bottom 20.

I love how you keep going back to the well with your one time examples. I guess USA bball is trash because South Sudan almost beat them and on and on and on...
ND lost to Gtown, Gtown lost to Denver, Denver lost to Yale, Yale lost to Princeton (twice), Princeton lost to Brown, Brown lost to Tufts......Tufts is the D3 and D1 National Champion!!! :lol: :lol: How dare I use "actual results" to reinforce my point!! Complete sh!t logic, i.e. one time examples, but what else would you expect from a jackass.
shorelax12

Post by shorelax12 »

callaxdad wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:23 am
justanotherperson wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 7:24 am What about nationally? 30-35th

Dream big bro.

But I am glad you spit out our drink because when a team like High Point beats a team like Duke, I am guessing your one game anecdote means either Hp is top 5 or Duke is bottom 20.

I love how you keep going back to the well with your one time examples. I guess USA bball is trash because South Sudan almost beat them and on and on and on...
ND lost to Gtown, Gtown lost to Denver, Denver lost to Yale, Yale lost to Princeton (twice), Princeton lost to Brown, Brown lost to Tufts......Tufts is the D3 and D1 National Champion!!! :lol: :lol: How dare I use "actual results" to reinforce my point!! Complete sh!t logic, i.e. one time examples, but what else would you expect from a jackass.
Amazing how a hypothetical question, with no possibility of ever happening, has devolved into such a mindless back and forth..of course, usual suspects leading the charge
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

shorelax12 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:35 am

Dream big bro.

Amazing how a hypothetical question, with no possibility of ever happening, has devolved into such a mindless back and forth..of course, usual suspects leading the charge
Thanks for your input, oh wise one. Sorry if you don’t like the banter… Whatever.
Last edited by callaxdad on Wed Jul 24, 2024 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NotLikeUs

Post by NotLikeUs »

Unknown Participant wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 10:13 pm
NotLikeUs wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 7:12 pm When it comes to athletic facilities, are all NESCAC schools essentially the same? Are there some that stick out (for better or for worse) more than others?
Based on my experiences over the last 4 years (w/some color from the mid-late 80s) w/regard to the sports I watch/care about, I'll say Colby at 1, Bowdoin at 2 (because of the awesome rink and that the lax field is in a graveyard basically), Amherst, Williams, Trinity all pretty good (all have good rinks), haven't been to Midd in a cpl decades and Hammy was in New York state when I played so could not be in Nescac, Wesleyan meh (altho bird cage is cool), CC also meh (both CC and Wes have the same old rinks I played in), I love Bates middle of campus lax field, but doesn't have hockey. Tufts has a crappy rink, but Bello is cool and the Tisch center is fine as are the new tennis courts and baseball and football stadiums.
Thank you for the reply and information. I will add it to my growing NESCAC file 8-)
Mustard
On
The Beat H#e...
I turn a 8th 2 an ounce, 2 a whole key 2 the R-O-C…
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

Dream big bro.

When did Brown lose to Tufts? Oh, you’re keeping score in scrimmages again… that’s cute.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

choochooCharlie wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 12:59 pm

Dream big bro.

When did Brown lose to Tufts? Oh, you’re keeping score in scrimmages again… that’s cute.
Hehehehe! Ok, a slight exaggeration. 😎😉 But, by your one game logic, Brown could be the Natty Champs. And, according to a couple of my good friends who are Brown dads and were at the scrimmage, Tufts was the better team that day. And yes, they were pissed off about it!!
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

Dream big bro.

scrimmages? false.
Last edited by callaxdad on Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

callaxdad wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 6:04 pm Their style of play is also open for discussion but, only a lax neophyte would say their style doesn’t translate at any level.
Given that a former Tufts player was the OC at Brown when they had the nation's #1 scoring offense and went to the national semifinals, then was the OC at UVA for two national championships + multiple deep tourney runs with top 5/10 offenses...not much of an argument.
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

callaxdad wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 2:41 pm
callaxdad wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:23 am ND lost to Gtown, Gtown lost to Denver, Denver lost to Yale, Yale lost to Princeton (twice), Princeton lost to Brown, Brown lost to Tufts......Tufts is the D3 and D1 National Champion!!! :lol: :lol: How dare I use "actual results" to reinforce my point!! Complete sh!t logic, i.e. one time examples, but what else would you expect from a jackass.
again? false.
Yes, again.
callaxdad wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:00 pm Brown jumped out to a 5-0 lead. It was 5-2 at the end of 1. Tufts won the second quarter 4-3. Third period was 3-3. Not sure what the final score was, maybe 15-10 Brown.
This conversation is becoming redundant and semantic driven. Is there any word on Middlebury? Mendoza’s visit was literally right before the assistant coaching spot was listed publicly, however the listing remains to this day. There has to be someone who wants to take on the challenge up there.
shorelax12

Post by shorelax12 »

callaxdad wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:42 am

Dream big bro.

Thanks for your input, oh wise one. Sorry if you don’t like the banter… Whatever.
You are quite welcome. Banter is great, the nonstop condescending commentary is obnoxious. Somebody call Laxdad, I'm starting to long for the good old NJIT days
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

choochooCharlie wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 3:51 pm
callaxdad wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 2:41 pm
callaxdad wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:23 am ND lost to Gtown, Gtown lost to Denver, Denver lost to Yale, Yale lost to Princeton (twice), Princeton lost to Brown, Brown lost to Tufts......Tufts is the D3 and D1 National Champion!!! :lol: :lol: How dare I use "actual results" to reinforce my point!! Complete sh!t logic, i.e. one time examples, but what else would you expect from a jackass.
again? false.
Yes, again.
callaxdad wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:00 pm Brown jumped out to a 5-0 lead. It was 5-2 at the end of 1. Tufts won the second quarter 4-3. Third period was 3-3. Not sure what the final score was, maybe 15-10 Brown.
This conversation is becoming redundant and semantic driven. Is there any word on Middlebury? Mendoza’s visit was literally right before the assistant coaching spot was listed publicly, however the listing remains to this day. There has to be someone who wants to take on the challenge up there.
It's the same scrimmage, singular. Not scrimmages. Sorry to nit pick, or for redundancies and semantics as you say but, upon fact check, false.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

shorelax12 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 3:52 pm

Dream big bro.

You are quite welcome. Banter is great, the nonstop condescending commentary is obnoxious. Somebody call Laxdad, I'm starting to long for the good old NJIT days
Perhaps I should have been less sarcastic and more direct and said, thanks for your input, oh self-righteous, self appointed hall monitor!! Haha.
justanotherperson

Post by justanotherperson »

choochooCharlie wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 9:45 am

Dream big bro.

You’re right, how dare I use an example of an actual result to reinforce my point. It’s far better to use a hypothetical that didn’t happen, like you did, in order to then project my reaction “if” that were to happen.

The reality is that the gap between top 5 DIII and top 35 DIII is WAAAAY bigger than the same grouping gap at the DI level.

But back to what I said- 30-35 DI are 30 Delaware
31 UAlbany 32 Navy 33 Bryant 34 Sacred Heart 35 Providence. Here’s a hypothetical for ya, have Hamilton play each one of them 5 times. How many games do they win? I’m sticking to 0.
How dare you use "an example" (one example) to reinforce your point? Cmon man; you will figure it out eventually that you are arguing against yourself (hint - one example actually doesnt reinforce your point as in the larger context represents a statistical anomaly but I think I will leave it at that and hopefully you will maybe understand one day). BTW HP beating duke was not hypothetical, South sudan almost beating the USA was not hypothetical (USA may not win the gold this year though), sacred heart, holy cross etc etc

But yes we have to play in hypotheticals because Tufts is not going D1 anytime soon. Not sure why you are talking about Hamilton, but we are not talking about them playing teams 30-50; we are talking about Tufts. As many much more well informed astute observers have pointed out (I like the hoops 8/9 analogy), the margin is much thinner. I have no doubt if Tufts had a few years of D1 recruiting under its belt, if they played Bryant, SH and Providence 10 times, 5-5 would not be a surprise. I think even as of today they would do much better against 36 Manhattan, 40 Quinnipiac, 43 LIU, 44 Marist, 45 Cleve St, 48 Merrimack as examples.

I think what underlies this "discussion" and our biases is the old "D3 athletes - can they compete in D1?" argument and I am firmly in the camp that there are D1 caliber athletes that chose D3 (NESCAC, Swat, W&L being some of them) for academic reasons and that the bottom 12 D1 teams are really just not all that good. Then there is the other camp that thinks the gap between a D1 and D3 athlete is soooooo wide that a D3 team could never compete (which I believe to be true for football, hockey, bball). Please dont resurrect this argument; just pointing out why people think Tufts could never compete in D1. I actually think they would fit in very nicely in the Patriot.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

justanotherperson wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 8:15 am

Dream big bro.

You’re right, how dare I use an example of an actual result to reinforce my point. It’s far better to use a hypothetical that didn’t happen, like you did, in order to then project my reaction “if” that were to happen.

The reality is that the gap between top 5 DIII and top 35 DIII is WAAAAY bigger than the same grouping gap at the DI level.

31 UAlbany 32 Navy 33 Bryant 34 Sacred Heart 35 Providence. Here’s a hypothetical for ya, have Hamilton play each one of them 5 times. How many games do they win? I’m sticking to 0.
How dare you use "an example" (one example) to reinforce your point? Cmon man; you will figure it out eventually that you are arguing against yourself (hint - one example actually doesnt reinforce your point as in the larger context represents a statistical anomaly but I think I will leave it at that and hopefully you will maybe understand one day). BTW HP beating duke was not hypothetical, South sudan almost beating the USA was not hypothetical (USA may not win the gold this year though), sacred heart, holy cross etc etc

But yes we have to play in hypotheticals because Tufts is not going D1 anytime soon. Not sure why you are talking about Hamilton, but we are not talking about them playing teams 30-50; we are talking about Tufts. As many much more well informed astute observers have pointed out (I like the hoops 8/9 analogy), the margin is much thinner. I have no doubt if Tufts had a few years of D1 recruiting under its belt, if they played Bryant, SH and Providence 10 times, 5-5 would not be a surprise. I think even as of today they would do much better against 36 Manhattan, 40 Quinnipiac, 43 LIU, 44 Marist, 45 Cleve St, 48 Merrimack as examples.

I think what underlies this "discussion" and our biases is the old "D3 athletes - can they compete in D1?" argument and I am firmly in the camp that there are D1 caliber athletes that chose D3 (NESCAC, Swat, W&L being some of them) for academic reasons and that the bottom 12 D1 teams are really just not all that good. Then there is the other camp that thinks the gap between a D1 and D3 athlete is soooooo wide that a D3 team could never compete (which I believe to be true for football, hockey, bball). Please dont resurrect this argument; just pointing out why people think Tufts could never compete in D1. I actually think they would fit in very nicely in the Patriot.
They would be dead last in the Patriot. They would fit in at the bottom of the MAAC. Hypothetically 😂
shorelax12

Post by shorelax12 »

callaxdad wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:37 pm
shorelax12 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 3:52 pm

Dream big bro.

Perhaps I should have been less sarcastic and more direct and said, thanks for your input, oh self-righteous, self appointed hall monitor!! Haha.
Looks like somebody is headed to a timeout in their own forum again...
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

laxdad1434 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 8:37 am

Dream big bro.

They would be dead last in the Patriot. They would fit in at the bottom of the MAAC. Hypothetically 😂
Dead last in the Patriot eh? Do you even watch college lacrosse? Have you heard of Holy Cross?
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

Unknown Participant wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:39 am

Dream big bro.

Dead last in the Patriot eh? Do you even watch college lacrosse? Have you heard of Holy Cross?
Dead Last!
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

Dream big bro.

Isn't Holy Cross in the Patriot League? :D :D
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

Unknown Participant wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:39 am

Dream big bro.

He's just trying to be provocative and antagonistic.

UP, you'll need to watch your tone lest being scolded by the forum hall monitors!! :lol: :lol:
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Tufts and other NESCACs already bring in equal or better talent than HC and now with the portal the Crusaders are having issues keeping kids at the school.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”