NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
choochooCharlie

Re: NESCAC

Post by choochooCharlie »

nescac commit wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:20 pm Any report on tufts and Wes today?
Played starters through 4. NJIT beat them both.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

nescac commit wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:20 pm Any report on tufts and Wes today?
Obvious disclaimer that scrimmages are scrimmages, but Yale by three touchdowns. No idea about Tufts-Brown.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Laxdad, I really thought you would progress past this argument. And I get that this group of posters keeps picking the scab on their league forum. I would love to see you just leave it alone. There are amazing players in all three divisions. NJIT is a great institution and I'm sure those men are being served by their experiences on and off the field. NESCAC is made up of some wonderful talent and educational opportunities. Not every kid in D1 sees the field. Not every kid in D1 would excel in DIII. The same with DIII. The DIII kids that have the eligibility and talent to be identified in the portal clearly were developed, or already possessed the talent to compete anywhere from the jump. Let's just enjoy watching the games!

Based on the CNU v HSC result, and having watched part of the stream, they have some work to do to get ready for the Jumbos. I think my over/under bet needs revisiting.
nelaxman

scrimmage

Post by nelaxman »

I was able to go to these scrimmages. Yale jumped out to early lead and was able to keep the pressure on Wesleyan because of dominating faceoff play and some early season turnovers from Wesleyan. Final was 20-8 score. This is an impressively fast Yale team. Wesleyan was very good on offense and put on a lot of pressure on Yale’s defense and made the Yale goalie work for some great saves. Yale beat up Adelphi 24-3 in 2nd game. Wesleyan was beating Adelphi 10-3 after three quarters in the first scrimmage before they put young guys in. Really fun to watch three divisions playing on one scrimmage.
Laxguy456

Re: scrimmage

Post by Laxguy456 »

nelaxman wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:29 am I was able to go to these scrimmages. Yale jumped out to early lead and was able to keep the pressure on Wesleyan because of dominating faceoff play and some early season turnovers from Wesleyan. Final was 20-8 score. This is an impressively fast Yale team. Wesleyan was very good on offense and put on a lot of pressure on Yale’s defense and made the Yale goalie work for some great saves. Yale beat up Adelphi 24-3 in 2nd game. Wesleyan was beating Adelphi 10-3 after three quarters in the first scrimmage before they put young guys in. Really fun to watch three divisions playing on one scrimmage.
In addition to this Dan Arestia captured the Yale/ Wesleyan game on his X account. Anyone have comments on the Tufts/ Brown scrimmage?
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

MVPiccoli wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:50 am Laxdad, I really thought you would progress past this argument. And I get that this group of posters keeps picking the scab on their league forum. I would love to see you just leave it alone. There are amazing players in all three divisions. NJIT is a great institution and I'm sure those men are being served by their experiences on and off the field. NESCAC is made up of some wonderful talent and educational opportunities. Not every kid in D1 sees the field. Not every kid in D1 would excel in DIII. The same with DIII. The DIII kids that have the eligibility and talent to be identified in the portal clearly were developed, or already possessed the talent to compete anywhere from the jump. Let's just enjoy watching the games!

Based on the CNU v HSC result, and having watched part of the stream, they have some work to do to get ready for the Jumbos. I think my over/under bet needs revisiting.
Left it alone many times, but the Skips, Chips and Finns kept coming.
callaxdad

Re: scrimmage

Post by callaxdad »

Laxguy456 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:19 am
nelaxman wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:29 am I was able to go to these scrimmages. Yale jumped out to early lead and was able to keep the pressure on Wesleyan because of dominating faceoff play and some early season turnovers from Wesleyan. Final was 20-8 score. This is an impressively fast Yale team. Wesleyan was very good on offense and put on a lot of pressure on Yale’s defense and made the Yale goalie work for some great saves. Yale beat up Adelphi 24-3 in 2nd game. Wesleyan was beating Adelphi 10-3 after three quarters in the first scrimmage before they put young guys in. Really fun to watch three divisions playing on one scrimmage.
In addition to this Dan Arestia captured the Yale/ Wesleyan game on his X account. Anyone have comments on the Tufts/ Brown scrimmage?
Brown jumped out to a 5-0 lead. It was 5-2 at the end of 1. Tufts won the second quarter 4-3. Third period was 3-3. Not sure what the final score was, maybe 15-10 Brown. Brown had a distinct advantage at the X. I heard Tufts hung with them physically and athletically. It should be noted that Tufts had 5 official practices prior to the scrimmage while Brown had 11 or 12. All in all a good showing by the Jumbos!!
NNELax

Post by NNELax »

laxdad1434 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:26 pm
MVPiccoli wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:50 am Laxdad, I really thought you would progress past this argument. And I get that this group of posters keeps picking the scab on their league forum. I would love to see you just leave it alone. There are amazing players in all three divisions. NJIT is a great institution and I'm sure those men are being served by their experiences on and off the field. NESCAC is made up of some wonderful talent and educational opportunities. Not every kid in D1 sees the field. Not every kid in D1 would excel in DIII. The same with DIII. The DIII kids that have the eligibility and talent to be identified in the portal clearly were developed, or already possessed the talent to compete anywhere from the jump. Let's just enjoy watching the games!

:lol:
choochooCharlie

NNELax wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:34 pm
laxdad1434 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:26 pm

:lol:
2-0 baby.
https://njithighlanders.com/news/2024/2 ... start.aspx

Muscatella with 5 goals. Corry, Miller and Roth each with 5 points.
humpdaddy

Post by humpdaddy »

Gents-- time to get this forum back on track and start talking about the greatest conference in sports, the 'CAC. Below are my pre-season rankings / predictions.

1. Midd: Easy decision for me, this roster screams depth of scoring and a strong defense. As previously discussed on the forum, there is no substitute for experience in this league and the Panther have plenty of it.
2. Bowdoin: Similar tune to the above, the Polar Bears bring back the entire roster and will be hard to beat. Circling rivalries in Midd and Amherst as big time games. Obviously, the Tufts game carries some weight but I see the Polar Bears taking that game.
3. Conn: Camels have the best defense in the conference anchored by likely All-American, Will Rice in cage (seriously, no one can score on this guy). On the offensive side of the ball, a duet in playmaking ability can be found in Aiden McAvoy and Patrick Atkins. A lot of excitement in New London right now, esp amongst the Camel faithful; will be a treat of a season if they can live up to the hype.
4. Tufts: Unfortunately, I see this Jumbos team regressing substantially this season. Will still host a play-off game, 4-seed v 5-seed, but lose this one to either Amherst or Wes, maybe even Hamilton (yikes). Boyden looks good for UVA though, so at least Dannolfo can tweet about that.
5. Amherst: The Jeffs lost a lot a playmakers. However, good coaching and a strong foundation will prevail. I cant imagine them losing to the likes of Williams, Hamilton, Colby or Trinity this year. The #5 spot seems right.
6. Wesleyan: In full transparency, I have no idea what Wes will look like this year. Returning a couple 'super-seniors', but will these 23 year-olds have the impact they hope? I'm not convinced. At the same time, I can't see the Cards finishing outside the top 6 after the embarrassing season last year. Guys will be motivated.
7. Williams: Can't imagine a world in which the Ephs aren't in the Top 8. That's the analysis. Also, don't they have a new coach? That'll probably be an adjustment.
8. Hamilton: To say the Colonials lost an impactful senior class would be an understatement. Will that said, I expect the younger guys to step up a bit and play to a higher level. Hamilton has been much more competitive over the last few years and I don't see this just disappearing.
9: Trinity: Better than Colby and Bates, but not better than the rest. I've heard good things coming out of Hartford, just cant find that many wins on the schedule. Depth and experience will be imperative for this group, but hard to put them any higher than #9.
10: Colby: Ugly, but not as ugly as Bates.
11: Bates: Completely abysmal 2023 campaign. I can't find a win on this schedule, maybe they take one from Hamilton or Trin?

Interested in what others think. Thanks.
boredatwork

Post by boredatwork »

humpdaddy wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:12 am Gents-- time to get this forum back on track and start talking about the greatest conference in sports, the 'CAC. Below are my pre-season rankings / predictions.

1. Midd: Easy decision for me, this roster screams depth of scoring and a strong defense. As previously discussed on the forum, there is no substitute for experience in this league and the Panther have plenty of it.
I appreciate the time and detail you have put into this. I don't disagree but I Brought up the amount of losses that Middlebury had after last year on the defensive side of the ball. I believe it was 2 starting close defenders, starting LSM and a starting SSDM. I was wondering who you see stepping up because as you said, there is no substitute for experience and that is the one area I definitely worry about with this group. I felt like I laid out a pretty good question then the forum got derailed (again) so genuinely curious how we see Middlebury's defense shaping up and if anyone has any actual replacement plans for this team. The save % and face off stats from last year weren't great so I'm worried if the defense isn't as veteran maybe more good shots are getting taken and may lead to lower save %. I do think their goalie is very good and only a sophomore so hopefully that was just some freshman inexperience and he can make the jump.

Feels like the Jumbos at #4 is the potential hot take of the year, they have lost a lot but have proven to be able to reload quickly, Freshman Jordan Ito for one is an Ohio State decommit who I saw in high school a couple time and he is very impressive.
Chipzhoo

Post by Chipzhoo »

[/quote]

I don't disagree but I Brought up the amount of losses that Middlebury had after last year on the defensive side of the ball. I believe it was 2 starting close defenders, starting LSM and a starting SSDM.

[/quote]

I responded before but it was lost in the non-NESCAC commentary. Simpkins did not graduate; he will play this season. They also have three defensemen that played a lot of minutes last year who are all back as juniors. Two of the primary LSMs return (sophomore and junior). We'll see about FOs and goalie but likely better as a result of experience.
Wizard-Saga

Post by Wizard-Saga »

humpdaddy wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:12 am Gents-- time to get this forum back on track and start talking about the greatest conference in sports, the 'CAC. Below are my pre-season rankings / predictions.

2. Bowdoin: Similar tune to the above, the Polar Bears bring back the entire roster and will be hard to beat. Circling rivalries in Midd and Amherst as big time games. Obviously, the Tufts game carries some weight but I see the Polar Bears taking that game.
3. Conn: Camels have the best defense in the conference anchored by likely All-American, Will Rice in cage (seriously, no one can score on this guy). On the offensive side of the ball, a duet in playmaking ability can be found in Aiden McAvoy and Patrick Atkins. A lot of excitement in New London right now, esp amongst the Camel faithful; will be a treat of a season if they can live up to the hype.
4. Tufts: Unfortunately, I see this Jumbos team regressing substantially this season. Will still host a play-off game, 4-seed v 5-seed, but lose this one to either Amherst or Wes, maybe even Hamilton (yikes). Boyden looks good for UVA though, so at least Dannolfo can tweet about that.
5. Amherst: The Jeffs lost a lot a playmakers. However, good coaching and a strong foundation will prevail. I cant imagine them losing to the likes of Williams, Hamilton, Colby or Trinity this year. The #5 spot seems right.
6. Wesleyan: In full transparency, I have no idea what Wes will look like this year. Returning a couple 'super-seniors', but will these 23 year-olds have the impact they hope? I'm not convinced. At the same time, I can't see the Cards finishing outside the top 6 after the embarrassing season last year. Guys will be motivated.
7. Williams: Can't imagine a world in which the Ephs aren't in the Top 8. That's the analysis. Also, don't they have a new coach? That'll probably be an adjustment.
8. Hamilton: To say the Colonials lost an impactful senior class would be an understatement. Will that said, I expect the younger guys to step up a bit and play to a higher level. Hamilton has been much more competitive over the last few years and I don't see this just disappearing.
9: Trinity: Better than Colby and Bates, but not better than the rest. I've heard good things coming out of Hartford, just cant find that many wins on the schedule. Depth and experience will be imperative for this group, but hard to put them any higher than #9.
11: Bates: Completely abysmal 2023 campaign. I can't find a win on this schedule, maybe they take one from Hamilton or Trin?

You are out of your mind (or a Camel fan) if you think CC is better than Tufts and will beat them in their home opener at Bello. Saying that Hamilton will beat Tufts after they lost 16 seniors last year? Also, didn't Conn's best freshman transfer? I'm not a Jumbo fan and I'll give you that their goalie seems legit, but c'mon man...
choochooCharlie

pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

bonesnjnts wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:37 pm Hey all,

New poster. Dad of Trinity freshman.
Anyone with any insight into how the season might play?

Looks like I also have to follow NJIT if I want to play at all in this forum.

Not.
:)
Welcome! Very interesting season coming up for Trinity. For many years they have had a reputation (which I know to be factually correct from back in my playing days but only rumors to me since) that the team didn’t quite take things as seriously and professionally as others in the league. While never having super high end talent (an Uppgren, Malangone, Mullane, Hopkins, etc), they have had plenty of good players with the sum never equaling the parts. This seems to be starting to change. They also have the potential to recruit better than they have, having more admissions leeway than most of their peers, a central locations, very pretty campus (within the walls) and an active social life. If they can keep building momentum, they have the potential to really build something. Good luck to your son this year.
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

choochooCharlie wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:22 am Image
McDaniel killing the credibility here lol
shorelax12

Post by shorelax12 »

Wizard-Saga wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:23 pm

You are out of your mind (or a Camel fan) if you think CC is better than Tufts and will beat them in their home opener at Bello. Saying that Hamilton will beat Tufts after they lost 16 seniors last year? Also, didn't Conn's best freshman transfer? I'm not a Jumbo fan and I'll give you that their goalie seems legit, but c'mon man...
Certainly an aggressive take, however, I would not factor in the transfer of a freshman, who remains an unknown quantity, until proven otherwise.
SneaksBeac

Post by SneaksBeac »

ChopMan23 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:31 am
choochooCharlie wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:22 am Image
McDaniel killing the credibility here lol
But see you don't get it McDaniel is a high academic school..as you can tell by the fact that they are on the graphic...a lot of times kids are picking Princeton...Yale...Tufts...and McDaniel...word on the street is one of the 2025 commits was offered a spot on Yale's roster but he decided he liked rural Maryland more than New Haven....kid's a stud...Shay's pissed...
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

shorelax12 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:37 am
Wizard-Saga wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:23 pm

Certainly an aggressive take, however, I would not factor in the transfer of a freshman, who remains an unknown quantity, until proven otherwise.
According to Instagram, this is the CC to Trinity freshman transfer. Looks like he could contribute immediately.
Dadof3

Post by Dadof3 »

Interesting as no one by that name was on Conn’s roster or registered a point. Maybe good for Trinity whoever he is

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”