Recruiting

D1 Womens Lacrosse
LaxGnome22

Re: Recruiting

Post by LaxGnome22 »

Kleizaster wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:21 pm
Relax77 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:31 pm Another William and Mary. They are going quick!
wow great job by that staff. W&M has potential as program like a layola
Good on them for going out there and getting girls early, But do you know the girls they are getting are top players to turn them into a team like Loyola. Looking up some of the teams they play for, ranked in the 80s and higher. Doesn’t mean anything but before we say hey they are on the come up, I know one of those girls. She’s good. I am trying to find a way to not be disrespectful saying this but she isn’t a top 30 player. Doesn’t mean she’s not a good player.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

MM1980 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:09 pm M&D 2025 just committed to USC
Huge get for them. Thought she was incredibly underrated in all of the rankings. She will make a fast impact for them.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Kleizaster wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:40 pm
Relax77 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:06 pm
forthelaxofit wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:26 pm I don't have an opinion either way if colleges should post who is coming. But if Clemson is going to be the woman lacrosse trend setter doing it, you better sign a decent number of them or you are going to have a lot of egg on your face. If they strike out after posting this, it will leave a mark.
Yep. Sign three of them great. Which they will. Don’t and egg on your face. But like come on……Did everyone not think these girls were going to go to Clemson to visit. Anyone here can mention five girls who are going to visit Unc and they will be 80 % right. No secret here. Been telling you for weeks AS is getting a full ride from Clemson.
and you may very well be right. But i don't think her having a full ride means she's headed to Clemson. The Spallina's aren't exactly short on cash..She has her pick of schools and for someone as competitive as her who enjoys playing under bright lights Clemson is way down the totem pole. I think she just wants to visit all her top schools to cover her bases. I'm pretty confident it's a two way race between UNC and CUSE. During the spring and early summer i reported in this thread how she's gotten close with Levy and attended multiple UNC camps. more than any other school by a alot. There's 1 or 2 of her close friends and teammates on YJ who are UNC bound. That may or may not impact her final decision.

My read on the situation is she likes UNC alot but family ties with CUSE are way too strong as she basically grew up bleeding orange. People don't understand the pull UNC has on Long Island and Connecticut. Walk around and all you'll see is all these lax girls wearing UNC gear and it is the top school for many girls.

Counter argument would be that UNC already has CH who's a ball dominant player. Will AS be okay with sharing the spotlight or risk being overshadowed? At CUSE she will be THE star. alot to take into account..
Will be SHOCKED if she goes to UNC. Mainly because I think she knows (via Pops) that Levy will likely retire in 3-4 years meaning she would play for her for 1-2 years tops.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Levy is gonna retire while her kid is playing for her? I’ll take “no” on that. In fact, I’d bet the house.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

LaxDadMax wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:20 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:40 pm
Relax77 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:06 pm
forthelaxofit wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:26 pm I don't have an opinion either way if colleges should post who is coming. But if Clemson is going to be the woman lacrosse trend setter doing it, you better sign a decent number of them or you are going to have a lot of egg on your face. If they strike out after posting this, it will leave a mark.
Yep. Sign three of them great. Which they will. Don’t and egg on your face. But like come on……Did everyone not think these girls were going to go to Clemson to visit. Anyone here can mention five girls who are going to visit Unc and they will be 80 % right. No secret here. Been telling you for weeks AS is getting a full ride from Clemson.
and you may very well be right. But i don't think her having a full ride means she's headed to Clemson. The Spallina's aren't exactly short on cash..She has her pick of schools and for someone as competitive as her who enjoys playing under bright lights Clemson is way down the totem pole. I think she just wants to visit all her top schools to cover her bases. I'm pretty confident it's a two way race between UNC and CUSE. During the spring and early summer i reported in this thread how she's gotten close with Levy and attended multiple UNC camps. more than any other school by a alot. There's 1 or 2 of her close friends and teammates on YJ who are UNC bound. That may or may not impact her final decision.

My read on the situation is she likes UNC alot but family ties with CUSE are way too strong as she basically grew up bleeding orange. People don't understand the pull UNC has on Long Island and Connecticut. Walk around and all you'll see is all these lax girls wearing UNC gear and it is the top school for many girls.

Counter argument would be that UNC already has CH who's a ball dominant player. Will AS be okay with sharing the spotlight or risk being overshadowed? At CUSE she will be THE star. alot to take into account..
Will be SHOCKED if she goes to UNC. Mainly because I think she knows (via Pops) that Levy will likely retire in 3-4 years meaning she would play for her for 1-2 years tops.
Sorry to burst your bubble but Levy is not retiring any time soon.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

njbill wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:27 pm Levy is gonna retire while her kid is playing for her? I’ll take “no” on that. In fact, I’d bet the house.
well I guess time will time. check back in this forum in 4 years.
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

Heard Penn state picked up a couple over the wknd
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Fischer wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:56 pm Heard Penn state picked up a couple over the wknd
They were a trendy school a few years ago and landed high ranked recruits they had no business landing. Nothing came of it and they lost all momentum. Curious to see who the commits are
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Kleizaster wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:25 pm
Fischer wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:56 pm Heard Penn state picked up a couple over the wknd
They were a trendy school a few years ago and landed high ranked recruits they had no business landing. Nothing came of it and they lost all momentum. Curious to see who the commits are
Think they are gonna have a real good recruiting class. They are still trendy. Every kid on my daughters team had them high on their list. I’m assuming the same was for other top club teams.
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

Relax77 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:58 pm
Happy valley is still a draw Take a kid to a fb game and it’s hard not to love it But I agree Tough coach to play for from what I hear

Think they are gonna have a real good recruiting class. They are still trendy. Every kid on my daughters team had them high on their list. I’m assuming the same was for other top club teams.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Fischer wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:05 pm
Happy valley is still a draw Take a kid to a fb game and it’s hard not to love it But I agree Tough coach to play for from what I hear

They seem to go through Asst coaches like crazy.
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

Fischer wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:05 pm

It’s no mystery why penn state lands recruits. It’s penn state. There are maybe 25-50 girls for whom the programs chance of winning a national championship is the first or even second priority in making a recruiting decision—for the rest it comes down to school many other factors. This message board is more concerned with such stuff than are the girls themselves!!
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Jenna Lundstedt to USC. This is actually a huge get from them. Jenna's a very good player and i know for fact some ACC teams had interest in her. USC replacing Stanford as the premiere program in California in the near future is not out of the question..
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

M&D goalie to Clemson. Gonna be a busy three days. For those saying they could have egg in their face. That’s 1 they brought in already. 3-4 more coming in he next few days. Clemson gonna be a perennial top10 program very shortly. Everyone wants to go there.
TNLAX

Post by TNLAX »

Relax77 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:21 pm M&D goalie to Clemson. Gonna be a busy three days. For those saying they could have egg in their face. That’s 1 they brought in already. 3-4 more coming in he next few days. Clemson gonna be a perennial top10 program very shortly. Everyone wants to go there.
“Everyone wants to go there”. Really? That may be a little bit of an over statement. Some girls may want to go there but it isn’t a perfect fit for “everyone”. The hype is a little overstated at times.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

TNLAX wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:23 pm
Relax77 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:21 pm M&D goalie to Clemson. Gonna be a busy three days. For those saying they could have egg in their face. That’s 1 they brought in already. 3-4 more coming in he next few days. Clemson gonna be a perennial top10 program very shortly. Everyone wants to go there.
“Everyone wants to go there”. Really? That may be a little bit of an over statement. Some girls may want to go there but it isn’t a perfect fit for “everyone”. The hype is a little overstated at times.
🤦🏻‍♂️ I obviously didn’t mean all 7600 girls who play. Change the statement to a large majority of the top girls. Kinda like everyone wants to go to UNC and Maryland, etc.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Kleizaster wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:14 pm Jenna Lundstedt to USC. This is actually a huge get from them. Jenna's a very good player and i know for fact some ACC teams had interest in her. USC replacing Stanford as the premiere program in California in the near future is not out of the question..
Moving to Big Ten will pay recruiting benefits for USC. 2nd awesome get from east coast.

USC is already my sleeper team to be a top 8 seed this year and this shows program definitely going in right direction.
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

Relax77 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:58 pm
🤦🏻‍♂️ I obviously didn’t mean all 7600 girls who play. Change the statement to a large majority of the top girls. Kinda like everyone wants to go to UNC and Maryland, etc.
I disagree with your assessment. Clemson is a fine school. It’s comparable to vatech in terms of academic reputation and alumni network, and it is similarly isolated in terms of its campus. It’s not Florida, it’s not UNC, it’s not UVA and it’s not Duke. It’s not Maryland bc it’s not a drive from a major hotbed area. The reason why Clemson has become a “hot” college in general comes down to its football success under dabo.
They may have some pixie dust as a new program right now, but sustained excellence requires more than that. The jury is WAAAY out on whether they get there. And if football team falters for 2 or 3 years, lax team will lose mojo as well….

I’m glad they picked up women’s lax and am glad they are using their initial buzz to be competitive. But let’s wait a few years before we anoint them as top 10 destination of choice for top 200 players…
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Womenslaxxfan wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:19 pm
Relax77 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:58 pm
I disagree with your assessment. Clemson is a fine school. It’s comparable to vatech in terms of academic reputation and alumni network, and it is similarly isolated in terms of its campus. It’s not Florida, it’s not UNC, it’s not UVA and it’s not Duke. It’s not Maryland bc it’s not a drive from a major hotbed area. The reason why Clemson has become a “hot” college in general comes down to its football success under dabo.
They may have some pixie dust as a new program right now, but sustained excellence requires more than that. The jury is WAAAY out on whether they get there. And if football team falters for 2 or 3 years, lax team will lose mojo as well….

I’m glad they picked up women’s lax and am glad they are using their initial buzz to be competitive. But let’s wait a few years before we anoint them as top 10 destination of choice for top 200 players…
Nah. I like to be early.
flushlax77

Post by flushlax77 »

I personally love seeing W&M and UMASS Lowell be aggressive out of the gates. Shows me that the coaches understand that they might not get top 100 kids but lock down the ones who might be on the second list for teams above you.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”