Recruiting

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Relax77

Re: Recruiting

Post by Relax77 »

forthelaxofit wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:31 pm
Relax77 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:06 pm
forthelaxofit wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:26 pm I don't have an opinion either way if colleges should post who is coming. But if Clemson is going to be the woman lacrosse trend setter doing it, you better sign a decent number of them or you are going to have a lot of egg on your face. If they strike out after posting this, it will leave a mark.
Yep. Sign three of them great. Which they will. Don’t and egg on your face. But like come on……Did everyone not think these girls were going to go to Clemson to visit. Anyone here can mention five girls who are going to visit Unc and they will be 80 % right. No secret here. Been telling you for weeks AS is getting a full ride from Clemson.
Don't get me wrong, I hope they land as many as they can. Stop the flow of top ranked girls to the same top 4 or 5 schools. Send a few shock waves out. I'm all in favor. If they get 3, I agree that would be great. Get more, outstanding outcome for them. I just hope for their sake they don't swing and miss.
I get it. I don’t think they’re missing though. And it is gonna shake things up.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

forthelaxofit wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:31 pm
forthelaxofit wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:26 pm I don't have an opinion either way if colleges should post who is coming. But if Clemson is going to be the woman lacrosse trend setter doing it, you better sign a decent number of them or you are going to have a lot of egg on your face. If they strike out after posting this, it will leave a mark.
Yep. Sign three of them great. Which they will. Don’t and egg on your face. But like come on……Did everyone not think these girls were going to go to Clemson to visit. Anyone here can mention five girls who are going to visit Unc and they will be 80 % right. No secret here. Been telling you for weeks AS is getting a full ride from Clemson.
Don't get me wrong, I hope they land as many as they can. Stop the flow of top ranked girls to the same top 4 or 5 schools. Send a few shock waves out. I'm all in favor. If they get 3, I agree that would be great. Get more, outstanding outcome for them. I just hope for their sake they don't swing and miss.
Yeah I get it. I agree. But I don’t think they miss. Any bodies daughter who is considered second tier this year by Clemson, they’re not getting to them. But maybe Maryland hits their second tier list for the first time in ten years.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

and you may very well be right. But i don't think her having a full ride means she's headed to Clemson. The Spallina's aren't exactly short on cash..She has her pick of schools and for someone as competitive as her who enjoys playing under bright lights Clemson is way down the totem pole. I think she just wants to visit all her top schools to cover her bases. I'm pretty confident it's a two way race between UNC and CUSE. During the spring and early summer i reported in this thread how she's gotten close with Levy and attended multiple UNC camps. more than any other school by a alot. There's 1 or 2 of her close friends and teammates on YJ who are UNC bound. That may or may not impact her final decision.

My read on the situation is she likes UNC alot but family ties with CUSE are way too strong as she basically grew up bleeding orange. People don't understand the pull UNC has on Long Island and Connecticut. Walk around and all you'll see is all these lax girls wearing UNC gear and it is the top school for many girls.

Counter argument would be that UNC already has CH who's a ball dominant player. Will AS be okay with sharing the spotlight or risk being overshadowed? At CUSE she will be THE star. alot to take into account..
lacrossemwj

Post by lacrossemwj »

UMass Lowell lands two early commits.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Kleizaster wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:40 pm
and you may very well be right. But i don't think her having a full ride means she's headed to Clemson. The Spallina's aren't exactly short on cash..She has her pick of schools and for someone as competitive as her who enjoys playing under bright lights Clemson is way down the totem pole. I think she just wants to visit all her top schools to cover her bases. I'm pretty confident it's a two way race between UNC and CUSE. During the spring and early summer i reported in this thread how she's gotten close with Levy and attended multiple UNC camps. more than any other school by a alot. There's 1 or 2 of her close friends and teammates on YJ who are UNC bound. That may or may not impact her final decision.

My read on the situation is she likes UNC alot but family ties with CUSE are way too strong as she basically grew up bleeding orange. People don't understand the pull UNC has on Long Island and Connecticut. Walk around and all you'll see is all these lax girls wearing UNC gear and it is the top school for many girls.

Counter argument would be that UNC already has CH who's a ball dominant player. Will AS be okay with sharing the spotlight or risk being overshadowed? At CUSE she will be THE star. alot to take into account..
I respect your opinion. I’ll bet you a dollar. You can have UNC and Syracuse. I got Clemson. Hell you can have the field. I know I’m right. 😁
lax410

Post by lax410 »

lacrossemwj wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:47 pm UMass Lowell lands two early commits.
Interesting. That’s a tough school.
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

Saying AS will be the star at cuse when she goes there in 2025 is very presumptuous. Who knows who develops on the team, in the class above her, etc. or who transfers in. Or how she develops during her junior and senior year of HIGH SCHOOL!!!!
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

That’s no knock on spallina. Same applies to any #1 recruit by the way….
CH has improved since her sophomore year and is still the consensus best incoming frosh in the country….
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

That’s no knock on spallina. Same applies to any #1 recruit by the way….
CH has improved since her sophomore year and is still the consensus best incoming frosh in the country….
lacrossemwj

Post by lacrossemwj »

lax410 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:58 pm
lacrossemwj wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:47 pm UMass Lowell lands two early commits.
What makes it a tough school?
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

Its funny that her own father's team, who is a perennial top 10 school doesn't even seem to be in the mix. JS always says his own team is as competetive as any other top school. So how do you say, sorry Dad Im going to a school that...."Gives me a chance to win, Has more going on - football, academics, etc". Find it very curious (Ironic) it doesn't even seem to be in the mix. Like whatever Joe says to recruits to get them there - isn't he saying that to his own kid?
lax410

Post by lax410 »

lacrossemwj wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:20 pm
lax410 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:58 pm
What makes it a tough school?
Big commuter school. Lowell really isn’t great. Just not a desirable or popular school from what I’ve observed.
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

Madlax59 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:56 pm

Its funny that her own father's team, who is a perennial top 10 school doesn't even seem to be in the mix. JS always says his own team is as competetive as any other top school. So how do you say, sorry Dad Im going to a school that...."Gives me a chance to win, Has more going on - football, academics, etc". Find it very curious (Ironic) it doesn't even seem to be in the mix. Like whatever Joe says to recruits to get them there - isn't he saying that to his own kid?
I see it the other way. Playing for your dads team would be very tough in my opinion. I know Taylor gait did it. But I would guess the default is to play somewhere else….
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

Womenslaxxfan wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:08 pm

I see it the other way. Playing for your dads team would be very tough in my opinion. I know Taylor gait did it. But I would guess the default is to play somewhere else….
IDK, Levy will be playing for her Mom at UNC.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

I’ve said this several times before, but I’d hope and expect Joe to leave the “SBU coach” hat off and place the “Dad” hat firmly on his head where his daughters own recruitment is concerned.
lacrossemwj

Post by lacrossemwj »

LaxDadMax wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:36 am
LaxGnome22 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:47 pm Question for those who have been through it or those who think they know. And I know we are on a forum so I’m just asking this. Not taking any stock on it.

In regards to money, is it better to commit early, say first month? Or wait until the team has a few commits under their belt? I’ve heard different things of course. Quick commits don’t get money, or they are legacies, etc. And I’m not talking about the top 20 kids. I’m talking about very good kids to any kind of school.
Honestly, it varies a bit school by school. Also, many schools will just give "ranges" of $$ when offers are made and say they can finalize when recruiting class is full.

That said, I've never heard of situations when quick commits get less. Actually most coaches want a couple quick commitments because it gives their recruiting class some momentum and can help pressure other recruits to make a decision.

Also, for really good lax players, who aren't top 100 players and aren't draw specialists or goalies, it is VERY rare for them to get more than 25%-30% so there really isn't much variability for kids who get dollars.

As an example, let's say a program has 2.0 scholarships to give out across a freshman class. Here is how it could look

0.4 Goalie
0.3 draw specialist
0.35 midfielder
0.3 defender
0.25 midfielder
0.25 attacker
0.15 defender
0 attacker
0 midfielder
0 defender
I guess I’m confused about NIl. How can they promise a certain amount upfront? I thought it was like brand endorsements that agree to endorse certain athletes? Are collectives just pools of donations that can be split amount all athletes without anything in return? Ie no endorsements, no ads, no plugs for brands etc
MM1980

Post by MM1980 »

M&D 2025 just committed to USC
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Another William and Mary. They are going quick!
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Relax77 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:31 pm Another William and Mary. They are going quick!
wow great job by that staff. W&M has potential as program like a layola
lacrossemwj

Post by lacrossemwj »

FOUR William and Mary now

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”