Navy 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
old salt

Re: Navy 2023

Post by old salt »

gymman1031 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:55 pm
Turnandrake wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:42 pm
gymman1031 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:39 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:36 pm Unfortunately they’ll moat likely end up in the play-in bracket unless they win out. Winning 3 games in 5 days in the PL tourney is a dagger.
Yep! That is very true. However, before last night, it was looking like they may not make it at all. And, if they win their first game in it, they would be more in the game-groove going into the semis than their opponent.
What is tie breakers for the PL tournament ?
That is a good question. I do think that, as long as Navy beats both Bucknell and Lafayette, they are in for sure. Regardless of what happens vs. Army and Loyola.
Agree. That would make them, at worst, 4-4 in the PL & the likely #5 seed. The W over BU more than makes up for the L to Colgate.
Bucknell & Lafayette will have defeat Colgate & HC, & knock off 1 or 2 from Army, BU, Loyola, Lehigh & Navy to reach 4-4.
#4 seed & home field in the 1st rd would be big.
Time to call Jobu to the bridge.
Last edited by old salt on Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

old salt wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:17 pm
gymman1031 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:55 pm
Turnandrake wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:42 pm
gymman1031 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:39 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:36 pm Unfortunately they’ll moat likely end up in the play-in bracket unless they win out. Winning 3 games in 5 days in the PL tourney is a dagger.
Yep! That is very true. However, before last night, it was looking like they may not make it at all. And, if they win their first game in it, they would be more in the game-groove going into the semis than their opponent.
What is tie breakers for the PL tournament ?
That is a good question. I do think that, as long as Navy beats both Bucknell and Lafayette, they are in for sure. Regardless of what happens vs. Army and Loyola.
Agree. That would make them, at worst, 4-4 in the PL & the likely #5 seed. The W over BU more than makes up for the L to Colgate.
Bucknell & Lafayette will have to knock off 1 or 2 from Army, BU, Loyola, Lehigh & Navy to reach 4-4.
#4 seed & home field in the 1st rd would be big.
Time to call Jobu to the bridge.
Yep! Would love that first round home field game to be against a team Navy previously lost to!
old salt

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:27 am I am also very happy for #2, been a big fan of his when he walked on the yard....he was still working out some kinks and some game experience has served him rather well. Great poise inside last evening.
Upon further dvr review : #2 Hovivian played a superb all around game. That was the best performance from an attackman working from x behind in the past 2 seasons. Ball movement via quick, crisp passes that his teammates could see & anticipate. Hockey assists. Also working inside, popping open on the crease & finishing. Riding hard causing turnovers. He's the catalyst in this revamped offense with new players no longer relying on Skalniak, Swanson & Arline. BU is a strong PL defensive team. It was a terrific performance by #2.
hofpride

Post by hofpride »

gee dont fire the coach now? tuff hofstra boy
old salt

Post by old salt »

hofpride wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:42 pm gee dont fire the coach now? tuff hofstra boy
I haven't noticed any Navy fans calling for that.
Cheeseandcrackers

Post by Cheeseandcrackers »

Stadium question. I'm taking my 92 year old dad to the Quarters. Any advice on where to sit to be close to car? He has handicap parking decal. Thanks
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Cheeseandcrackers wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:00 am Stadium question. I'm taking my 92 year old dad to the Quarters. Any advice on where to sit to be close to car? He has handicap parking decal. Thanks
This link may help you.

You will enter the stadium on the same level you park, no stairs required. Slight decline grade from concourse level where you enter to stadium seating. There is not a bad seat in the house. If warranted, you could literally drop him off right at the stadium entrance where they take tickets, while you park. There is a handicapped parking section on the North side of the stadium off of Farragut Street.

No matter where you park it will be a very short walk.

Crafted this for you, hope it helps.

Cheers to you and your father!!
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
old salt

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:43 pm
Cheeseandcrackers wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:00 am Stadium question. I'm taking my 92 year old dad to the Quarters. Any advice on where to sit to be close to car? He has handicap parking decal. Thanks
This link may help you.

You will enter the stadium on the same level you park, no stairs required. Slight decline grade from concourse level where you enter to stadium seating. There is not a bad seat in the house. If warranted, you could literally drop him off right at the stadium entrance where they take tickets, while you park. There is a handicapped parking section on the North side of the stadium off of Farragut Street.

No matter where you park it will be a very short walk.

Crafted this for you, hope it helps.

Cheers to you and your father!!
There is a row of covered handicap seats that run the entire length of the lower grand stand. Great seats with shelter from the sun & rain.
They are accessed via a wheelchair ramp & the elevator that runs to the pressbox. I don't know if the Quarters will have reserved seating or all general admission.

Note the 2 [Entrances] on YA's diagram. Each one is immediately adjacent to the ramp to handicap seating. You can drop him to wait at that gate, park in handicap parking (or closer) & return to help him to your seats via the ramp or elevator. During Navy FB games, NAAA runs handicap shuttle golf carts through the parking lot.

If you scroll down the Navy Sports staff directory, you'll find 3 stadium staff members. If you click on their name, you'll find their email.
They may be able to advise you what will be available for the NCAA Qtrs.
https://navysports.com/staff-directory

You're a great son !
NoLeft

Post by NoLeft »

I advise getting there as early as possible. This will be a very well attended event. Especially don't wait until the last minute to arrive....There will be tailgating going on all over the parking lots and those fans will get there early so the sooner you arrive the easier parking will be, including the handicap spaces.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

On to Loyola Friday evening. Liking Navy's chances a lot more now.
ExLax

Post by ExLax »

gymman1031 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:48 pm On to Loyola Friday evening. Liking Navy's chances a lot more now.
Agreed - others are stepping up as Skalniak, Swanson & Arline are not currently involved (?). 'hounds see this as 'must win' and feel the pressure from their base for this in state and PL matchup. Ridley is a tough venue - given recent trends take Navy 12 -10 upset over Loyola!
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

old salt wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:01 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:27 am I am also very happy for #2, been a big fan of his when he walked on the yard....he was still working out some kinks and some game experience has served him rather well. Great poise inside last evening.
Upon further dvr review : #2 Hovivian played a superb all around game. That was the best performance from an attackman working from x behind in the past 2 seasons. Ball movement via quick, crisp passes that his teammates could see & anticipate. Hockey assists. Also working inside, popping open on the crease & finishing. Riding hard causing turnovers. He's the catalyst in this revamped offense with new players no longer relying on Skalniak, Swanson & Arline. BU is a strong PL defensive team. It was a terrific performance by #2.
Good analysis -- #2 really looked sharp. Great game for the Mids. Looking for more quality lacrosse down the stretch from a team figuring it out at the right time.
TheGoat1999

Post by TheGoat1999 »

The energy against BU was electric and job well done Coach Orsen with your defensive game plan. Offensively, The MIDS executed nicely and played strong team lacrosse. Impressive to see the ball moving with less hero ball. I was disappointed when they pulled 2 and sent in 24, It sends the wrong message to the team without him being at practice for two weeks and it changed the speed of play. Seeing 51, 2, 4 ,5 and a few others getting some runs is exciting.

10's juice goal was exactly why he needs to be on the field all the time.

8, 40, 42 were rock solid and it was great seeing 33 back on the field !

Keep the juice and enjoy the journey ! #beatloyola
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Anyone on here planning to head up to Loyola for the game? Looks like an amazing venue!
old salt

Post by old salt »

TheGoat1999 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:59 pm I was disappointed when they pulled 2 and sent in 24, It sends the wrong message to the team without him being at practice for two weeks and it changed the speed of play.
Did you hear the pregame interview with Coach Amplo ? He said they might try it when BU's defense allowed 24 to work from behind unguarded or with a shorty. Plus, 2 had just turned it over behind. It was a short term change up substitution, just like putting in 14 or 4 at attack or rotating different guys on MF2. Are you going to complain when 28 or 29 come back because they couldn't practice ?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Why Loyola is giving Navy 3 goals today.....Army and Terps neck and neck, w/ Lehigh just under them, and surprisingly BU under Lehgih. Bucknell slightly better than Navy.

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Predictions for Navy-Loyola?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Back in October, I guessed a Win, (9-8) Fri., Apr 7 at Loyola

Who do you have, gymman?
~Livy
JHU69

Post by JHU69 »

Hounds by four.
I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
AbeFroeman

Post by AbeFroeman »

old salt wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:01 pm
Nice words for #2. Glad he is finally getting a chance to shine.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”