C2C & NJAC Joining Together

D3 Mens Lacrosse
River Donkey

Re: C2C & NJAC Joining Together

Post by River Donkey »

Laxaholic123 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:00 am https://warrenwilsonowls.com/sports/mla ... 3/schedule
0 games with any CLC teams. looking good that they will not be in the independent lax conference, but solely in the C2C for other sports
Don’t get your hopes up, it’s happening.
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

Laxaholic123 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:46 am There is a high school forum on FanLax. Go argue over NJ hs lax over there
Waaah
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

laxdad1434 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:44 pm
Njlaxx11 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:10 am but it doesn't tend to matter. stockton's 2nd, 3rd and 5th leading scorers are all from north nj.
And why does that matters? Maybe those kids want to study marine biology. Academics does play a part in all of this.
The leading scorer from Kean is from the Jersey shore, so what? If you look at the rosters for all 6 D3 lax programs you'll see it isn't broken down by regions of the state.
You haven’t been following the conversation
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:28 pm
Njlaxx11 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:10 am but it doesn't tend to matter. stockton's 2nd, 3rd and 5th leading scorers are all from north nj.
And why does that matters? Maybe those kids want to study marine biology. Academics does play a part in all of this.
The leading scorer from Kean is from the Jersey shore, so what? If you look at the rosters for all 6 D3 lax programs you'll see it isn't broken down by regions of the state.
I guess not, because your point of 3 of the top 5 scorers from Stockton being from North Jersey makes little sense.
James66

Post by James66 »

FYI Lakes is a tiny public school that does not pull kids from all over. They have a legendary coach and a lacrosse tradition of excellence. They are a no cut team and kids look forward to being a part of the HS team. Anyone can be a tuition student, but they are few. The 2022 TOC Champions had no out of district kids….and certainly no 20 year old Canadians.
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

River Donkey wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:55 am
Laxaholic123 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:00 am https://warrenwilsonowls.com/sports/mla ... 3/schedule
0 games with any CLC teams. looking good that they will not be in the independent lax conference, but solely in the C2C for other sports
Don’t get your hopes up, it’s happening.
Yes. Some sports have transitioning slowly in getting to the party
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

laxdad1434 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:49 pm
Njlaxx11 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:28 pm
I guess not, because your point of 3 of the top 5 scorers from Stockton being from North Jersey makes little sense.
If you had read the conversation it would
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

Stockton picked up a solid attackman from the portal in Ethan Fought (BR grad), he should fill a need at attack very nicely for Stockton
OSVAlacrosse

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

Asgot wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:58 am
Laxaholic123 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:48 am
Laxaddict1 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:16 pm Not sure why two conferences are coming together. The top two spots will always be Christopher Newport and Salisbury. Now, Salisbury did lose Cross and Jack. But, they will still be really good.
Never say "always"

And I hope you know that the CAC in the two years before it disbanded had 3 teams make the NCAA tournament. if you are able to sneak a win against one of the big dogs it really helps your chances of getting in the tournament. And if your goal is to just make the tournament every year rather then win the whole national championship priorities are off. Long term this could really help the NJ schools with recruiting and competitiveness.
I think that this is a good move for all the schools involved and for D3 lacrosse in general.
I doubt this will help either Northern school recruit as Kean and MSU will continue to take and get the left over kids while Stockton has begun to make inroads into south Jersey schools and are also beginning to get kids from the better northern programs
Kean just landed a 2023 recruit from Northern Virginia who was on the DMV under armor team and all state player. Joining the same conference as CNU and Salisbury was a factor. I don't know if they went after this type of player in the past.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

OSVAlacrosse wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:37 am
Laxaddict1 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:16 pm Not sure why two conferences are coming together. The top two spots will always be Christopher Newport and Salisbury. Now, Salisbury did lose Cross and Jack. But, they will still be really good.
Never say "always"

And I hope you know that the CAC in the two years before it disbanded had 3 teams make the NCAA tournament. if you are able to sneak a win against one of the big dogs it really helps your chances of getting in the tournament. And if your goal is to just make the tournament every year rather then win the whole national championship priorities are off. Long term this could really help the NJ schools with recruiting and competitiveness.
I think that this is a good move for all the schools involved and for D3 lacrosse in general.
I doubt this will help either Northern school recruit as Kean and MSU will continue to take and get the left over kids while Stockton has begun to make inroads into south Jersey schools and are also beginning to get kids from the better northern programs
Kean just landed a 2023 recruit from Northern Virginia who was on the DMV under armor team and all state player. Joining the same conference as CNU and Salisbury was a factor. I don't know if they went after this type of player in the past.
The UA teams have fallen off considerably over the last 3 years. It isn’t the same recruiting accomplishment it used to be.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

Never say "always"

No, they didn't go after these kids in the past, very rarely went out of state. They also landed one of the best Attackman in NJ. The new conference plays a big role in this.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

InsiderRoll wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:18 am
Never say "always"

The UA teams have fallen off considerably over the last 3 years. It isn’t the same recruiting accomplishment it used to be.
I can attest you the above statement as I have been an evaluator of Under Armor for the several years and the talent pool has shrunk significantly. I thought this past NJ team was not very talented and they went to the finals. I problem is that Nike is invitation only so you see the best players on that stage. But as long as UA keeps doing it kids will continue to pay.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

laxdad1434 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:47 pm
Never say "always"

No, they didn't go after these kids in the past, very rarely went out of state. They also landed one of the best Attackman in NJ. The new conference plays a big role in this.
What Class is the Best attackman in Nj who committed to Kean? Not the 2022 class as Marquis (JHU), Sebastian (HOF) and Kurdyla (Rutgers)were 1st teamers and Cole Cashion was also as a JR and he is going to Yale, ( so he would likely be the best attackman in NJ this upcoming year. Second team are UNC, Marquette and Merrimack commits.

on, the 3rd team is an attackman from Rumson that is pretty good but not even the best player on his team at attack. Then there is the Attackman from Central who is good, and a great get for Kean but he was not even the best attackman in his conference.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

Asgot wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:12 pm
laxdad1434 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:47 pm
Never say "always"

What Class is the Best attackman in Nj who committed to Kean? Not the 2022 class as Marquis (JHU), Sebastian (HOF) and Kurdyla (Rutgers)were 1st teamers and Cole Cashion was also as a JR and he is going to Yale, ( so he would likely be the best attackman in NJ this upcoming year. Second team are UNC, Marquette and Merrimack commits.

on, the 3rd team is an attackman from Rumson that is pretty good but not even the best player on his team at attack. Then there is the Attackman from Central who is good, and a great get for Kean but he was not even the best attackman in his conference.
Dude, you're an argumentative prick. Always got something negative to say, ALWAYS wrong. I said one of the best. Top 10 is one of the best, at any level.
OSVAlacrosse

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

I think the posts are taking a left turn from my earlier point. Regardless of what one thinks of Under Armor teams they still have talented players and send many players to D1 programs. The player I am referencing is out of state and for a public school player in Virginia he is one of the top attack players in Virginia and had some D1 interest. The point I was responding to was the comment that the move to join conferences would not help Kean. With this player and another let's just say highly rated player, it seems they are improving in recruiting. I think the Kean player is at the same level as any of the CNU recruits in the 2023 class. He is also not from NJ so they can attract players. Rising tide lifts all ships?
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

OSVAlacrosse wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:02 pm I think the posts are taking a left turn from my earlier point. Regardless of what one thinks of Under Armor teams they still have talented players and send many players to D1 programs. The player I am referencing is out of state and for a public school player in Virginia he is one of the top attack players in Virginia and had some D1 interest. The point I was responding to was the comment that the move to join conferences would not help Kean. With this player and another let's just say highly rated player, it seems they are improving in recruiting. I think the Kean player is at the same level as any of the CNU recruits in the 2023 class. He is also not from NJ so they can attract players. Rising tide lifts all ships?
I agree with everything you said.
Laxaholic123

Post by Laxaholic123 »

It looks like someone created a Wiki page for the CLC. Not a ton of info, but it is cool to see the enrollments of the schools side by side. Compared to most D3 schools these schools are massive! Even UMW as the smallest school is almost double any size in the ODAC. Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coastal_L ... Conference
Noz

Post by Noz »

Very cool!!! Thanks for sharing!!! Also, thanks for getting us back to the original topic too. LOL!!!
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

Laxaholic123 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:58 am It looks like someone created a Wiki page for the CLC. Not a ton of info, but it is cool to see the enrollments of the schools side by side. Compared to most D3 schools these schools are massive! Even UMW as the smallest school is almost double any size in the ODAC. Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coastal_L ... Conference
Kean and Montclair St are commuter colleges. Kean has 10-11,000 students, approx. 2200 live on campus, Montclair St about the same.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”