D3 Mens Lacrosse
laxdad1434

Re: C2C & NJAC Joining Together

Post by laxdad1434 »

Asgot wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:25 pm
laxdad1434 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:48 am
Asgot wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:58 am
Laxaholic123 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:48 am
Laxaddict1 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:16 pm Not sure why two conferences are coming together. The top two spots will always be Christopher Newport and Salisbury. Now, Salisbury did lose Cross and Jack. But, they will still be really good.
Never say "always"

And I hope you know that the CAC in the two years before it disbanded had 3 teams make the NCAA tournament. if you are able to sneak a win against one of the big dogs it really helps your chances of getting in the tournament. And if your goal is to just make the tournament every year rather then win the whole national championship priorities are off. Long term this could really help the NJ schools with recruiting and competitiveness.
I think that this is a good move for all the schools involved and for D3 lacrosse in general.
I doubt this will help either Northern school recruit as Kean and MSU will continue to take and get the left over kids while Stockton has begun to make inroads into south Jersey schools and are also beginning to get kids from the better northern programs
We will see, but I know for a fact that 2 transfers went there because of the new conference. Also, having football helps, which both northern programs have.
The one transfer is a kid who barely played for a winless team. Let not make him out to be the next coming. He was an ok defenseman on an ok team in NJ
The player you're referring to played in 8 of 13 games, missing 2 due to concussion protocols, and the team played 7 teams that at one time or another were in the top 20. That team had serious internal issues.

That "ok' HS team had 5 losses to 4 teams in the NJ Top 20, including #6 SHP, and #3 Mountain Lakes in the state championship game.

That "ok' player, was 1st team All G1 All State, All Conference, All County, All Waterman Division and Waterman Division player of the year. He was also recruiting offers by over 50 schools. The other pole transfer has a very similar resume.

I never said anyone was the "next coming", what I said was they should make an immediate impact. Especially for a team the had a heavy graduation on D.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

laxdad1434 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:01 pm
Laxaddict1 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:16 pm Not sure why two conferences are coming together. The top two spots will always be Christopher Newport and Salisbury. Now, Salisbury did lose Cross and Jack. But, they will still be really good.
Never say "always"

And I hope you know that the CAC in the two years before it disbanded had 3 teams make the NCAA tournament. if you are able to sneak a win against one of the big dogs it really helps your chances of getting in the tournament. And if your goal is to just make the tournament every year rather then win the whole national championship priorities are off. Long term this could really help the NJ schools with recruiting and competitiveness.
I think that this is a good move for all the schools involved and for D3 lacrosse in general.
I doubt this will help either Northern school recruit as Kean and MSU will continue to take and get the left over kids while Stockton has begun to make inroads into south Jersey schools and are also beginning to get kids from the better northern programs
We will see, but I know for a fact that 2 transfers went there because of the new conference. Also, having football helps, which both northern programs have.
The one transfer is a kid who barely played for a winless team. Let not make him out to be the next coming. He was an ok defenseman on an ok team in NJ
The player you're referring to played in 8 of 13 games, missing 2 due to concussion protocols, and the team played 7 teams that at one time or another were in the top 20. That team had serious internal issues.

That "ok' HS team had 5 losses to 4 teams in the NJ Top 20, including #6 SHP, and #3 Mountain Lakes in the state championship game.

That "ok' player, was 1st team All G1 All State, All Conference, All County, All Waterman Division and Waterman Division player of the year. He was also recruiting offers by over 50 schools. The other pole transfer has a very similar resume.

I never said anyone was the "next coming", what I said was they should make an immediate impact. Especially for a team the had a heavy graduation on D.
Anyone who knows NJ lacrosse knows that Group 1 is one of the weakest groups in all of NJ so All Group 1 does not mean that much to me and it appears like they lost. To all the good teams that played. He had 50 offers and chose NJIT. Listen I am sure your son,cousin or nephew is a nice player and I am sure that he will help Kean but they will still be fight for third place in their conference and will not sniff the tourney.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

Asgot wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:31 pm
Never say "always"

Anyone who knows NJ lacrosse knows that Group 1 is one of the weakest groups in all of NJ so All Group 1 does not mean that much to me and it appears like they lost. To all the good teams that played. He had 50 offers and chose NJIT. Listen I am sure your son,cousin or nephew is a nice player and I am sure that he will help Kean but they will still be fight for third place in their conference and will not sniff the tourney.

Yeah Mountain Lakes, Manasquan, Bernards, Caldwell, Glen Rock suck...enjoy your son's field hockey season.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

DeepPocket wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:31 pm Image
JERRY, JERRY, JERRY.... :lol:

Forget being a judge, bring back the show or to hot for tv!!!
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

laxdad1434 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:24 pm
Never say "always"

Yeah Mountain Lakes, Manasquan, Bernards, Caldwell, Glen Rock suck...enjoy your son's field hockey season.
The fact is that Lakes is really good but Manasquan is in Group 2 currently and Bernard’s had one good year and have avoided playing a full Skylands conference schedule for years. And Glen Rock and Caldwell are average teams at best who occasional have a decent years. I like Jon he is a good guy but honestly when was the last time Caldwell was in the Top 20 in NJ
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

Never say "always"

i don't think i've agreed with asgot on much ever lately but besides non public b, group 1 is the weakest in NJ. it's lakes and everyone else.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:39 am
Never say "always"

i don't think i've agreed with asgot on much ever lately but besides non public b, group 1 is the weakest in NJ. it's lakes and everyone else.
That doesn't make the other top teams in G1 teams weak. They play bigger schools in the reg season and fare well, it just shows how good Mt lakes is, but Mt Lakes is not your typical public school, there are kids from all over North Jersey(Morris county) that attend there. They're not much different than a non pub A.

In all groups there are 1-2 dominate programs, just look at the history, that doesn't make the others weak either.
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

laxdad1434 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:43 am
Never say "always"

That doesn't make the other top teams in G1 teams weak. They play bigger schools in the reg season and fare well, it just shows how good Mt lakes is, but Mt Lakes is not your typical public school, there are kids from all over North Jersey(Morris county) that attend there. They're not much different than a non pub A.

In all groups there are 1-2 dominate programs, just look at the history, that doesn't make the others weak either.
agree to disagree i guess. i've been in the north nj lacrosse community for a while now, not many group 1 teams make a dent other than lakes. group 4 has teams like BR, Central, Westfield, Ridgewood, Montclair, Ridge,etc - group 3 has chatham, highlands, scotch plains, randolph - the group 1 teams don't usually stack up well against them. haddonfield lost to chatham in the regualar season this year, and chatham was in the midst of a down year while haddonfield played for the group 1 title.
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

but it doesn't tend to matter. stockton's 2nd, 3rd and 5th leading scorers are all from north nj.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:05 am
Never say "always"

agree to disagree i guess. i've been in the north nj lacrosse community for a while now, not many group 1 teams make a dent other than lakes. group 4 has teams like BR, Central, Westfield, Ridgewood, Montclair, Ridge,etc - group 3 has chatham, highlands, scotch plains, randolph - the group 1 teams don't usually stack up well against them. haddonfield lost to chatham in the regualar season this year, and chatham was in the midst of a down year while haddonfield played for the group 1 title.
A down year for Chatham is a good year for most teams. Lakes is not a regular public school, unfair to compare with the rest of the 1's. They carry 60 kids on their roster, most others, 25-30, and if your willing to foot the bill, 18G's per year, your kid can go there.

Same champs year after year for the most part.

https://www.njsiaa.org/sites/default/fi ... istory.pdf
Laxaholic123

Post by Laxaholic123 »

I guess I'm going to have to learn about these NJ schools now. Only used to hear about MIAA, WCAC, MD and VA public schools being a CAC guy.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

Laxaholic123 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:28 pm I guess I'm going to have to learn about these NJ schools now. Only used to hear about MIAA, WCAC, MD and VA public schools being a CAC guy.
Its pretty easy, there's only about 10 teams that get any attention. The sport is relatively new, 5-15 years, for most of the schools.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:10 am but it doesn't tend to matter. stockton's 2nd, 3rd and 5th leading scorers are all from north nj.
And why does that matters? Maybe those kids want to study marine biology. Academics does play a part in all of this.
The leading scorer from Kean is from the Jersey shore, so what? If you look at the rosters for all 6 D3 lax programs you'll see it isn't broken down by regions of the state.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

Never say "always"

No group has been dominated by one team like group 1 even Non-Public B which is universally considered the weakest of the groups but recently they have had multiple winners. While Non Punlic A and Group 4 are gauntlets with Central, Ridgewood, BR, Westfield Ridge and Montgomery who have all won group 4 in the past decade and Delby, SHP, Don Bosco, Bergan Catholic and St. Auggies all in that group. So no each group is not dominated by 1-2 teams.
I hope your son has a great Career at Kean, hopefully the conference merger works for them.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

laxdad1434 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:59 am
Never say "always"

Absolutely a good move for all involved.
Asgot wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:00 pm
Never say "always"

No group has been dominated by one team like group 1 even Non-Public B which is universally considered the weakest of the groups but recently they have had multiple winners. While Non Punlic A and Group 4 are gauntlets with Central, Ridgewood, BR, Westfield Ridge and Montgomery who have all won group 4 in the past decade and Delby, SHP, Don Bosco, Bergan Catholic and St. Auggies all in that group. So no each group is not dominated by 1-2 teams.
I hope your son has a great Career at Kean, hopefully the conference merger works for them.
Summit has won more than Lakes. Lakes is public/private that should be playing in non-pup A. Delby has been the biggest winner by far with 11 titles since 2006. So yes, it has been 1-2 teams in each group, with a few outliers, it's all documented. 1-2-Lakes/Summit, 2-Summit/ Chatham, 3-Ridgewood, 4- Bwater/HuntCent. Thanks for the well wishes.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

laxdad1434 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:44 pm
Never say "always"

Never say "always"

Summit has won more than Lakes. Lakes is public/private that should be playing in non-pup A. Delby has been the biggest winner by far with 11 titles since 2006. So yes, it has been 1-2 teams in each group, with a few outliers, it's all documented. 1-2-Lakes/Summit, 2-Summit/ Chatham, 3-Ridgewood, 4- Bwater/HuntCent. Thanks for the well wishes.
Ridgewood has not been in group 3 since 2015, Chatham has not been in group 2 since 2019, and won 1 time. Chatham also won 1 time while in Group 3 in that time 3 different teams have won group 3.

Prior to 2022 BR last won group 4 in 2016. Since then Watchung Hills, Montgomery and Central have all won. 4 different teams in five years.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

Asgot wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:12 pm
laxdad1434 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:44 pm
Never say "always"

Never say "always"

Ridgewood has not been in group 3 since 2015,Chatham has not been in group 2 since 2019, and won 1 time. Chatham also won 1 time while in Group 3 in that time 3 different teams have won group 3.

Prior to 2022 BR last won group 4 in 2016. Since then Watchung Hills, Montgomery and Central have all won. 4 different teams in five years.
Since 2004, the beginning of group championships G1 -Lakes has won 11 with 6 runner-ups 17 total appearances, G2 Summit 7, 1 runner up, Chatham 3, 1 runner-up, G3 Ridgewood 8, G4 HunCent 5, 3 runner-ups, Bwater - 6, 2 runner-ups, SINCE 2006 NP A Delby 11, 2 runner-ups, NP B Pingry 6, 4 runner-ups. Yes I know some teams are in different groups, but my point was, is it's usually the same teams competing for the trophy with some newer schools have made some headway. https://www.njsiaa.org/sites/default/fi ... istory.pdf
Laxaholic123

Post by Laxaholic123 »

There is a high school forum on FanLax. Go argue over NJ hs lax over there
Laxaholic123

Post by Laxaholic123 »

https://warrenwilsonowls.com/sports/mla ... 3/schedule
0 games with any CLC teams. looking good that they will not be in the independent lax conference, but solely in the C2C for other sports

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”