C2C & NJAC Joining Together

D3 Mens Lacrosse
laxdad1434

Re: C2C & NJAC Joining Together

Post by laxdad1434 »

That may not hold true. What it does is make the 3 NJ schools more attractive to upper level in state recruits. Playing against teams like Salisbury and CNU is an attraction to competitive kids. Don't sleep on Kean, they have a very good recruiting class coming in, and 2-3 transfers that should make an immediate impact. MSU-Stockton the same. Also, they're already in the same football conference.
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

Stockton is head and shoulders above the other two New Jersey schools, IMO
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

Leonard Washington wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:29 pm Stockton is head and shoulders above the other two New Jersey schools, IMO
The regular season games were 1 goal games with both of them. No idea what happened in the conference championship.
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

Leonard Washington wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:29 pm Stockton is head and shoulders above the other two New Jersey schools, IMO
kean lost 14-13 to stockton last year, beat them in the conference championship in 21. while stockton has had an impressive run - MSU was there in the past and kean has been holding their own.
Leonard Washington

Having seen all 3 teams play the past few years I still think there is a gap.

Stockton is also 11-1 vs those two teams since 2018
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

WAS a gap...
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

laxdad1434 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:10 am WAS a gap...
There is a gap and it’s getting wider. Stockton will be the only NJ team that will be able to compete with CNU or Salisbury in the foreseeable me future.
Kean needs a coaching change, SS has done all he can do I will readily admit the Johnson from Central is a great get for Kean but Stockton has been recruiting better than Kean for the past few years.
Leonard Washington

Asgot wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:00 pm There is a gap and it’s getting wider. Stockton will be the only NJ team that will be able to compete with CNU or Salisbury in the foreseeable me future.

Stockton has been recruiting better than Kean for the past few years.
+1
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

SS/Kean won the conference 2 years ago, so there goes that theory. The recruiting this year is very good with 2 D1 transfers coming in on D and some really good 22's. I don't expect them to beat Salisbury, CNU or Stevenson this year, but they will be right there with Stockton.
Leonard Washington

If individuals want to argue for Montclair and feel that there isnt a gap, I'd listen, even though I may not agree. As for Kean; big conference championship win vs Stockton, but up until then, the last time they beat Stockton was 2014.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

and that's why I said there WAS a gap. That gap has closed from 2014 to now, 1 goal loss last year, conference championship in 2021.
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

can argue all you want about a gap between these 2 schools. like i stated earlier - MSU was ranked and in the tournament when stockton was going 7-7 and 3-11 in seasons. fact is it's cyclical - stockton might be on top now but it seems to be pretty close.
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

also, while doing some looking, MSU's historical record vs Stockton is 34-13, going back to 1987. Stockton has won the last 6 - dating back to 2018 but 2017 and earlier MSU reeled off 19 straight. we'll see what the future holds!
Leonard Washington

We are going to agree to disagree as everyone has their opinion. If things are cyclical shouldnt Middlebury be coming back to dominate the NESCAC? From my point of view, it looks like Stockton has passed both New Jersey schools and continues their upward trend. Closing gaps should involve winning on the field, consistently having back and forths, not just "close losses". Believe me as a SUNYAC homer, I still think there is a gap between Cortland and Geneseo despite some of the results recently.

Certain programs evolve, grow and continue to get better, while others remain stagnant, live off of the past (in certain aspects) and stuck in the mud. As stated, time will tell, should be a great year
Laxaholic123

Post by Laxaholic123 »

Laxaddict1 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:16 pm Not sure why two conferences are coming together. The top two spots will always be Christopher Newport and Salisbury. Now, Salisbury did lose Cross and Jack. But, they will still be really good.
Never say "always"

And I hope you know that the CAC in the two years before it disbanded had 3 teams make the NCAA tournament. if you are able to sneak a win against one of the big dogs it really helps your chances of getting in the tournament. And if your goal is to just make the tournament every year rather then win the whole national championship priorities are off. Long term this could really help the NJ schools with recruiting and competitiveness.
I think that this is a good move for all the schools involved and for D3 lacrosse in general.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

Laxaholic123 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:48 am
Laxaddict1 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:16 pm Not sure why two conferences are coming together. The top two spots will always be Christopher Newport and Salisbury. Now, Salisbury did lose Cross and Jack. But, they will still be really good.
Never say "always"

And I hope you know that the CAC in the two years before it disbanded had 3 teams make the NCAA tournament. if you are able to sneak a win against one of the big dogs it really helps your chances of getting in the tournament. And if your goal is to just make the tournament every year rather then win the whole national championship priorities are off. Long term this could really help the NJ schools with recruiting and competitiveness.
I think that this is a good move for all the schools involved and for D3 lacrosse in general.

Absolutely a good move for all involved.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

Never say "always"

I doubt this will help either Northern school recruit as Kean and MSU will continue to take and get the left over kids while Stockton has begun to make inroads into south Jersey schools and are also beginning to get kids from the better northern programs
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

Asgot wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:58 am
Never say "always"

I doubt this will help either Northern school recruit as Kean and MSU will continue to take and get the left over kids while Stockton has begun to make inroads into south Jersey schools and are also beginning to get kids from the better northern programs
We will see, but I know for a fact that 2 transfers went there because of the new conference. Also, having football helps, which both northern programs have.
SneaksBeac

Post by SneaksBeac »

Laxaddict1 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:16 pm
SneaksBeac wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:49 am Playing in a stable conference with an AQ provides all schools involved with guarantees in regards to games, competition, and post season awards.

As long as Salisbury and CNU stay on the trajectory they are on they are pretty much always guaranteed a pool A and C bid within this new conference. If they stayed in a non AQ conference (C2C) they run the risk of potentially having a down year by there own standards and not making the NCAA tournament.
Not sure why two conferences are coming together. The top two spots will always be Christopher Newport and Salisbury. Now, Salisbury did lose Cross and Jack. But, they will still be really good.
So at the end of the day the ability to say "We have an AQ to the NCAA tournament" is a big help to maintain and grow lacrosse teams at the D3 level. That's not news to anyone here. Yes, there are two absolute juggernauts looming at the top of this monster, but who's to say in a few years there are still two, and not one again? Meanwhile, the NJ schools have closed the gap more and now rather than being Salisbury and CNU and everyone else, its Salisbury/CNU and everyone else. Then an upset happens in the conference tournament and its a two bid league all over again.

In the near future, the goal is going to be for the NJ to play an extremely difficult out-of-conference schedule and try to position themselves for a Pool C bid every year. Particularly with their location it will be a lot easier for those teams to schedule a strong OOC schedule without having to travel as much as some of the New England Pool C Candidates. Should be a fun conference to watch compete for the next few years.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

laxdad1434 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:48 am
Asgot wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:58 am
Never say "always"

We will see, but I know for a fact that 2 transfers went there because of the new conference. Also, having football helps, which both northern programs have.
The one transfer is a kid who barely played for a winless team. Let not make him out to be the next coming. He was an ok defenseman on an ok team in NJ

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”