School Closings

General Chatter
livelovelax

Re: School Closings

Post by livelovelax »

The Mid-Term variant is coming in early 2022 for the democratic voting block…….mass mailing under the cover of another variant. Mark my words. The Ivies will close shop followed by NESCAC and Patriot. Fantastic!
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:56 pm
Essexfenwick wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:39 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:20 pm I don't know who Essex is but he clearly ain't a scientist.

For that matter, not sure he graduated from college, as it would be an insult to Essex Community College grads to associate him with that institution.

I suggest we ignore his disinformation diatribes...reminds me of Petey.
You’re the one with a diatribe. I was very reasoned, calm and observant of obvious facts. The obvious is triggering sometimes which is human nature.
:lol: :roll:

More info..

PSA
The double vaccinated are now a threat to the triple vaccinated

https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.cp24. ... 12223.html

PSA
But hordes of unvaccinated illegals crossing the border and spreading into the country is not to be even studied or addressed.
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

Essexfenwick wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:50 pm
Bart wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:30 pm
Essexfenwick wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:02 pm
Bart wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:53 pm
Essexfenwick wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:41 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:27 pm
Essexfenwick wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:05 pm
livelovelax wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:26 am Really, The Spanish flu of 1918 was a real pandemic with no vaccines. One Third of the world contracted it and 20% of the worlds population died. The average age of death in the US from Covid is 76 and those ppl have 2-4 co morbidities. Funny how life expectancy is the same age. Lets deal with those people instead of killing all of us with mandates and lockdowns! We are not dealing with risk well at all and it is a way of total control.

The Florida model is working but you wouldn't know that since it doesn't follow the narrative and the MSM won't cover it. Get ready for more lockdowns and school closures, virtual classes and cancelled games………..how is that saving lives. Deaths from mental health and additional set back in learning is the real killer.

The best way to tell it’s not a pandemic is the complete lack of concern of hordes of unvaccinated people flooding the border and spreading throughout the country. As a scientist that tells me that nobody is truly concerned about Covid. It’s all hype with no punch.
What kind of "scientist" are you???

Correlation/causation seem to be mysterious concepts, if I understand your post correctly
Unless you were posting satirically?

BTW, migrants wanting to be in the US are not leaving better COVID situations for the US.

The government would protect its citizens in an actual pandemic.
Or maybe the CDC is so stupid that they aren’t aware that hordes of unvaccinated illegal immigrants spreading around the country is bad. We have no idea if they are vaccinated for anything.. TB, Measles, typhoid, malaria, hepatitis B, Diphtheria, polio, chicken pox, hepatitis A, HPV, Meningitis, Tetanus….

It’s either that they don’t really think Covid is very dangerous to United States citizens or they are so stupid that they are unaware of the border issue. Either way..as a scientist I have become aware that information coming from the cdc is not reliable.
The classical definition of pandemic has nothing to do with immunity, virology or severity of disease. This was argued about quite a bit during the H1N1 outbreak of 2009.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3127276/

So now the organizations that don’t even know infected hordes crossing the border and spreading out into the country is bad are the ones deciding definitions?? Too funny!!!
The guy who wrote the article is an epidemiologist from Australia. Did not know they had hordes crossing their borders in 2011. Must have been merpeople.

I'd think that as a scientist.......you would have had some primary literature to support your position for others to read and analyze. I guess not.

It’s corrupted by politics. Not reliable

It better to go by what you see around you at this point.

Not one person in my extended family, friends, work colleagues has even had to go to the hospital for Covid. I’ve had one person die of a heart attack and another with a stroke post vaccination.

So my antennae are up.
Do they go through or around your tinfoil hat? :lol:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

Drcthru wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:14 pm
livelovelax wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:26 am Really, The Spanish flu of 1918 was a real pandemic with no vaccines. One Third of the world contracted it and 20% of the worlds population died. The average age of death in the US from Covid is 76 and those ppl have 2-4 co morbidities. Funny how life expectancy is the same age. Lets deal with those people instead of killing all of us with mandates and lockdowns! We are not dealing with risk well at all and it is a way of total control.

The Florida model is working but you wouldn't know that since it doesn't follow the narrative and the MSM won't cover it. Get ready for more lockdowns and school closures, virtual classes and cancelled games………..how is that saving lives. Deaths from mental health and additional set back in learning is the real killer.

The best way to tell it’s not a pandemic is the complete lack of concern of hordes of unvaccinated people flooding the border and spreading throughout the country. As a scientist that tells me that nobody is truly concerned about Covid. It’s all hype with no punch.

Correlation/causation seem to be mysterious concepts, if I understand your post correctly

BTW, migrants wanting to be in the US are not leaving better COVID situations for the US.

Or maybe the CDC is so stupid that they aren’t aware that hordes of unvaccinated illegal immigrants spreading around the country is bad. We have no idea if they are vaccinated for anything.. TB, Measles, typhoid, malaria, hepatitis B, Diphtheria, polio, chicken pox, hepatitis A, HPV, Meningitis, Tetanus….

It’s either that they don’t really think Covid is very dangerous to United States citizens or they are so stupid that they are unaware of the border issue. Either way..as a scientist I have become aware that information coming from the cdc is not reliable.
The classical definition of pandemic has nothing to do with immunity, virology or severity of disease. This was argued about quite a bit during the H1N1 outbreak of 2009.

So now the organizations that don’t even know infected hordes crossing the border and spreading out into the country is bad are the ones deciding definitions?? Too funny!!!
The guy who wrote the article is an epidemiologist from Australia. Did not know they had hordes crossing their borders in 2011. Must have been merpeople.

I'd think that as a scientist.......you would have had some primary literature to support your position for others to read and analyze. I guess not.

Not one person in my extended family, friends, work colleagues has even had to go to the hospital for Covid. I’ve had one person die of a heart attack and another with a stroke post vaccination.

So my antennae are up.
Do they go through or around your tinfoil hat? :lol:

Yes… they do but they are covered by a double Fauci mask and a plexi shield.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

good lord, we now have tech37, the reliable purveyor of medical misinformation on the Politics thread adding his two cents of gripes to the two knuckleheads from the women's threads...get a room folks...

Seems to me that if you really want to talk about school Covid policy as it relates to men's lacrosse, that's fine, indeed appropriate.

But otherwise take the nonsense to the Coronavirus thread on Politics, and for that matter leave the medical misinformation for your Twitter and Facebook followers.
calourie

Post by calourie »

So my antennae are up.
Went golfing the other day with a Canadian from a small farming town of 200 south of Calgary. 5 people in his community have died of Covid without the aid of bizillions of undocumented aliens storming the southern borders of Canada. I personally have lost 2 family friends to the virus and seen a half dozen more hospitalized who survived but wouldn't recommend the infection to anyone. Be careful equating your experience and sense of reality with the experiences and points of view of others.
Last edited by calourie on Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:20 pm good lord, we now have tech37, the reliable purveyor of medical misinformation on the Politics thread adding his two cents of gripes to the two knuckleheads from the women's threads...get a room folks...

Seems to me that if you really want to talk about school Covid policy as it relates to men's lacrosse, that's fine, indeed appropriate.

But otherwise take the nonsense to the Coronavirus thread on Politics, and for that matter leave the medical misinformation for your Twitter and Facebook followers.
Misinformation? :lol: Nonsense? What did I write that isn't truthful?

Now you've decided who should post where? Your authoritarian streak showing once again. And, I was replying to Bearfan after all.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

livelovelax wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:02 pm The Mid-Term variant is coming in early 2022 for the democratic voting block…….mass mailing under the cover of another variant. Mark my words. The Ivies will close shop followed by NESCAC and Patriot. Fantastic!
These Ivies are insane: https://amp.commercialappeal.com/amp/6084700001
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

calourie wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:24 pm

So my antennae are up.
Went golfing the other day with a Canadian from a small farming town of 200 south of Calgary. 5 people in his community have died of Covid without the aid of bizillions of undocumented aliens storming the southern borders of Canada. I personally have lost 2 family friends to the virus and seen a half dozen more hospitalized who survived but wouldn't recommend the infection to anyone. Be careful equating your experience and sense of reality with the experiences and points of view of others.
But he says he's a scientist... ;)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:01 pm
Bearfan wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:37 pm If not one person in your extended circle has not even had to go to the hospital for Covid then you must live in a pocket where the incidence of Covid is very low or you have an incredibly small circle(no attack intended).
An earlier poster seemed to criticize Biden for increased deaths despite having the vaccine. I can promise you that without the vaccines, boosters and preventative measures of social distancing, masks, etc the death toll would be dramatically higher.
When people discuss numbers of deaths or cases of hospitalized Covid they need to discuss whether that individual is boosted, vaccinated or not. Greater than 95% of those hospitalized with Covid in my hospital( I am a physician) are unvaccinated. And the small minority that are vaccinated, boosted and hospitalized are invariably elderly or with major medical commorbidities.
I am comfortable going indoors with a vaccine, boosted and perhaps masked. I know if I get Covid I will have a minor flu like experience or even be asymptomatic. My only fear is that if I am tested I will only suffer by having to stop travel, work, etc. and the only people I will really potentially harm are those unvaccinated. And it is the unvaccinated that are prolonging the Covid mutations. And the regular medical establishment is losing patience with these individuals. And wait until you or your loved ones are denied emergency lifesaving medical treatment because ICUs are filled with unvaccinated patients who did not want to be told that getting a vaccine was the prudent thing to do. The general population will start losing patience with the unvaccinated and there will be ugly incidents coming soon
The "regular medical establishment" has failed everyone by not having therapeutics available to treat positive cases. Months ago, these should have been an available tool, along with vaccines, to fight this virus. Now with Omicron, there will be many more breakthrough cases and still no therapeutics. Go home, isolate, and hope for the best. If you're lucky, you'll qualify for monoclonal ab treatment. Total bullsh!t.
Well, yes, nothing you said is exactly false.
But nearly everything you wrote is pure horse hockey.

You promoted phony, snake oil "therapeutics" and now you complain that the scientists, "the regular medical establishment" "failed everyone" by not finding a drug, developing a drug that would resolve a novel virus...how many drugs exist that cure any virus? How long did they take to develop??? You really think you could do better...or is snake oil what you want??? And low and behold, it looks like there actually may be a successful pill regimen available later this winter..."failed" :roll:

Yes, there are going to "breakthrough" cases...especially among those not boosted...and many more among those not vaccinated...

No, don't go home... do get vaccinated, get boosted and wear a mask in dense indoor situations...avoid the unvaccinated, yes. Vaccines work, and looks like we'll have a pill regimen very shortly.

Play ball.
xxxxxxx

Post by xxxxxxx »

If I was a Harvard fan I would be officially nervous, I have no reason to believe they won’t cancel again.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2021/12/18/ ... vid-surge/
tech37

Post by tech37 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:58 pm
Bearfan wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:37 pm If not one person in your extended circle has not even had to go to the hospital for Covid then you must live in a pocket where the incidence of Covid is very low or you have an incredibly small circle(no attack intended).
An earlier poster seemed to criticize Biden for increased deaths despite having the vaccine. I can promise you that without the vaccines, boosters and preventative measures of social distancing, masks, etc the death toll would be dramatically higher.
When people discuss numbers of deaths or cases of hospitalized Covid they need to discuss whether that individual is boosted, vaccinated or not. Greater than 95% of those hospitalized with Covid in my hospital( I am a physician) are unvaccinated. And the small minority that are vaccinated, boosted and hospitalized are invariably elderly or with major medical commorbidities.
I am comfortable going indoors with a vaccine, boosted and perhaps masked. I know if I get Covid I will have a minor flu like experience or even be asymptomatic. My only fear is that if I am tested I will only suffer by having to stop travel, work, etc. and the only people I will really potentially harm are those unvaccinated. And it is the unvaccinated that are prolonging the Covid mutations. And the regular medical establishment is losing patience with these individuals. And wait until you or your loved ones are denied emergency lifesaving medical treatment because ICUs are filled with unvaccinated patients who did not want to be told that getting a vaccine was the prudent thing to do. The general population will start losing patience with the unvaccinated and there will be ugly incidents coming soon
The "regular medical establishment" has failed everyone by not having therapeutics available to treat positive cases. Months ago, these should have been an available tool, along with vaccines, to fight this virus. Now with Omicron, there will be many more breakthrough cases and still no therapeutics. Go home, isolate, and hope for the best. If you're lucky, you'll qualify for monoclonal ab treatment. Total bullsh!t.

You promoted phony, snake oil "therapeutics" and now you complain that the scientists, "the regular medical establishment" "failed everyone" by not finding a drug, developing a drug that would resolve a novel virus...how many drugs exist that cure any virus? How long did they take to develop??? You really think you could do better...or is snake oil what you want??? And low and behold, it looks like there actually may be a successful pill regimen available later this winter..."failed" :roll:

Yes, there are going to "breakthrough" cases...especially among those not boosted...and many more among those not vaccinated...

No, don't go home... do get vaccinated, get boosted and wear a mask in dense indoor situations...avoid the unvaccinated, yes. Vaccines work, and looks like we'll have a pill regimen very shortly.

Play ball.
"promoted"? To use your words, perhaps you should "get a room" with "knuckleheads" on the politics/covid thread? I promoted nothing. I simply shared available information that happens to be contrary to current medical establishment directives, obviously a threat to your personal judgement of how things ought to be. Don't forget... true science and skepticism go hand-in-hand.

Play ball.
lorin

Post by lorin »

xxxxxxx wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:19 pm If I was a Harvard fan I would be officially nervous, I have no reason to believe they won’t cancel again.

I think coaches are already making calls to replace the Ivy League scheduled game so sad for those kids.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

lorin wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:54 am
xxxxxxx wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:19 pm If I was a Harvard fan I would be officially nervous, I have no reason to believe they won’t cancel again.

I think coaches are already making calls to replace the Ivy League scheduled game so sad for those kids.

But everybody is “vaccinated”!!!

Are they just addicted to nonsense??
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:49 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:58 pm

Play ball.
"promoted"? To use your words, perhaps you should "get a room" with "knuckleheads" on the politics/covid thread? I promoted nothing. I simply shared available information that happens to be contrary to current medical establishment directives, obviously a threat to your personal judgement of how things ought to be. Don't forget... true science and skepticism go hand-in-hand.

Play ball.
Posting medical misinformation is promoting medical misinformation, spreading medical misinformation...at any time you'd wished, you could have said, "I think this is total BS, but here's an example of the medical misinformation getting peddled for clicks, eyeballs and dough"...but no, you posted with acclamations of agreement and support...
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

i would assume we'll be hearing soon of harvard cancelling all athletic activities from now thru the 1st 3 weeks of spring semester, as we were told that their actions last year were in large part to not provide "advantages" to athletes. that that's what the ivies are about. and student-athlete.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:47 am

i would assume we'll be hearing soon of harvard cancelling all athletic activities from now thru the 1st 3 weeks of spring semester, as we were told that their actions last year were in large part to not provide "advantages" to athletes. that that's what the ivies are about. and student-athlete.
Time will tell . That was pre-vaccine and boosters….. “last year”…..just that….last year.

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/coro ... 10826/?amp

Damn fools in DMV
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:55 am

Time will tell . That was pre-vaccine and boosters….. “last year”…..just that….last year.

I assume we're talking about winter sports?

Maybe, maybe not...those 3 weeks of the upcoming month, 2nd semester. It does seem to me that they will likely ultimately find a different path than last year...not so sure about these first few weeks when they've gone to online classes...but they should be able to do it through testing...but with this wave happening so fast, might not have many athletes cleared anyway. Games are getting cancelled all over, so not specific to Ivies.

The Ivy spring sports can't have practices until Feb 1 anyway, if I'm not mistaken.

Have the Ivies universally required boosters by end of January?
That could give them some leeway too.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Damn fools in DMV
advantages are advantages. if school's closed, fun and games are closed. they just don't want the appearance of an inequitable arrangement to their mission. i was assured of this. their 3 week off-campus directive is for 2022 (with vaccines and boosters). that doesn't change the mission. students first.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:04 am

I assume we're talking about winter sports?

Maybe, maybe not...those 3 weeks of the upcoming month, 2nd semester. It does seem to me that they will likely ultimately find a different path than last year...not so sure about these first few weeks when they've gone to online classes...but they should be able to do it through testing...but with this wave happening so fast, might not have many athletes cleared anyway. Games are getting cancelled all over, so not specific to Ivies.

The Ivy spring sports can't have practices until Feb 1 anyway, if I'm not mistaken.

Have the Ivies universally required boosters by end of January?
That could give them some leeway too.
My guess is that it won’t be handled like 2021 because conditions on the ground have changed. We will see how it goes.

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”