All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
63%
1 person.
15%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 68

JoeMauer89

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by JoeMauer89 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:02 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:26 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:59 am
JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:39 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:18 am
CU88 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:40 am
jhu72 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:11 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:14 pm
jhu72 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:12 pm
jhu72 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:07 pm
ggait wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:18 pm Facts is facts.

Lowest vax states are ID, WY, LA, Ark, Miss, Ala.

That's Cracker Barrel, not Whole Foods.

Some of those folks are young. Some are of color. Some are rednecks.

All are misinformed. Many (but not all) are stupid/blind, often due to the MAGA glasses they see the world through.

Out here in Colorado, 9 of the top 10 counties in the state for vaccination rates voted for Biden. 29 of the bottom 30 counties for vaccination rates voted for Trump. Pretty simple and pretty obvious.

I hope the MAGAs change their minds before we head into the cold weather. We're close to one family with lots and lots of serious pre-existing conditions. Not one of them is vaxed. We stopped talking about it once we heard about Bill Gates' brain chips. I doubt they'd get vaxed even if they had a death in that family. It is really messed up.
... IRCC of the top 25 most vaccinated states, 24 voted for Biden. Iowa the only Trump supporting state in the top 25. These people are too stupid to live. Jim Jones and his cult have nothing on these people. :roll: They are not going to change anytime soon. Day of reckoning likely coming for some of these folks.
And I bet nothing would make you happier, your obsession with Covid is borderline unhealthy. Enjoy your life, there are so many other things to do and spending your time worrying about. Get outside, go golfing, play tennis, take a beautiful hike, etc. Instead of sitting here worrying about who's unvaccinated in states nearly 1000 miles away from where you live. :roll:

MD,

This response is directed at JHU, I am preemptively letting you know that one of your dissertations is not necessary, and unwanted. Thanks.

Joe
... oh, I will lose sleep over that. :lol:
Pretty funny that people are complaining about CoronaVirus related comments on this thread...
Yes, Joe has quite the obsession for telling people they should discuss Covid on the Covid thread...pretty much any thread was off limits for such discussion even at the peak of 600K+ US deaths and all of its spillover effects into nearly all facets of life. We should all pretend it's fine...

And now, it's apparently off limits to discuss the reality that the surge in cases this summer is happening where a high proportion of people are refusing to get vaccinated; and off limits to discuss the reality that 98% of deaths now are people who refused to be vaccinated.

No dissertation, Joe; just a reminder that you're a happier camper when you stick to the lax threads...you've got lots to offer there, esp. on the women's side. Strong knowledge and insights.

Don't let people discussing Covid or politics in the Covid thread or Politics threads bother you.
Just because I made the comment doesn't mean I'm unaware that there's a rise in cases in certain states. My point is that all JHU does is attempt to stoke fear, not have an honest discussion regarding covid. This little forum is far from reality, anyone who says anything different is willfully ignorant. Why is it newsworthy that unvaccinated people are contracting covid and those happen to be the same people that are dying? WOULDN'T it be MORE newsworthy if those WHO WERE VACCINATED were the ones contracting covid, getting severely ill, and dying? Then we would be in REAL trouble. Be thankful that's not the case and is not going to be the case. That's right, I prefer to stick to lacrosse, but don't me tell where and when I am out of my element. My suggestion is why don't you volunteer to be a part of Biden's team going door to door encouraging those unvaccinated to get vaccinated. Let's see some of the reactions you get then, I guarantee it makes me look like Mr. Rogers!! :lol: :lol: You are an egotistical, elitist, stubborn fool that feels an insatiable desire to "educate" others , often in areas you don't have a clue what you are talking about. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe
People dying unnecessarily is always newsworthy. There is something seriously wrong with your moral compass.

DocBarrister :?
No there isn't. There's something seriously wrong with the way your hatred for one person influences nearly aspect of what you post. Live your god damn life and stop worrying about someone who is no longer running the country. You are a cartoon character, nothing more, nothing less. I could care less about those that are unvaccinated. Either they will suffer whatever consequences you liberals deem "coming to them, or they won't" Guess what will happen after that? Life will go on, and so on and so forth. Go worry about Blue Jay Lacrosse and post some ridiculous takes in that thread. Your inane attempts at stoking divisiveness are just that, lame.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe
Joe, seriously, chill.
You jumped into a discussion (which is your right), but with an immediate attack on other posters.
Not helpful to anyone, including yourself.
MD,

I'm relaxed, it's just that your back to your old ways yet again. Same egotistical, holier-than thou schtick. You are the definition of elitist person living in a fantasy world. You think it's your job to educate people in every aspect of life. You can do that with your son, save us the schtick. I will take my stick and head back to the lacrosse forums. You got one thing right, I'll never be happy sitting in this cesspool of a thread stoking fear and divisiveness over a global pandemic that's in a CONSIDERABLY better position that has been to date. Adios :lol: :lol:

Joe
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

admin wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:15 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:02 pm Joe, seriously, chill.
You jumped into a discussion (which is your right), but with an immediate attack on other posters.
Not helpful to anyone, including yourself.
Admin,

How about less with the jokes and more effort to meting out punishment fairly and effectively. This way you don't lose anymore posters. Jeez, you would think by now you would have taken that hint.... :roll: :roll: :roll: But no, same old song and dance!

Joe
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:10 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:33 pm
jhu72 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:55 am
CU88 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:34 am
jhu72 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:30 am
CU88 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:16 am Another wave is coming:

Over the weekend, the WHO said that there are 24 countries that have “epidemic curves that are almost vertical now”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYeYIoWViNQ

USA cases are on the rise and the graphed data curve is starting to "look" vertical:

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracke ... _community

https://yourlocalepidemiologist.substac ... rs-july-12
COVID hospitalization rates are up 25% or more in 14 states over the past two weeks. 98% of admissions are unvaccinated. Shame vax rates fell off two months ago. Hubris!
I am to the point that we need to pay 2x IMPOTUS o d a fee for every person he can get to take the darn shot! Give him credit and money to have people protect themselves from COVID.
... I am not sure that would help. These are the same kind of people who took 10 years or more to socialize into buckling seatbelts. The same people who complained endlessly over Michelle Obama recommending kids eat healthy food. "You can't tell me what to feed my kids!"

Frankly, I am well beyond the point of caring about these people. Those with access problems, sure; those with political agendas, F'em! Trump doesn't care about them, his enablers applaud the stupidity as do their media whores.
I am in the F’em camp. Leave them behind. I would deny them insurance coverage unless there was a medical reason to go unvaccinated.
The carrot and sticks worked with seat belts. When you could get a lower insurance rate if you committed to wearing a seat belt, with the stick that you'd not have any coverage if it was found that you weren't wearing a seat belt, people signed up in droves and changed their behaviors.

The car companies putting in the alarms if you didn't secure your seat belt helped a ton too.

So did fines for getting caught not wearing a seat belt, but people were resistant about that one...at first. Now, it's almost never necessary.

Behavioral economics 101: Many people won't do what's in their own best interest, if there's an immediate cost to doing so and the less certain benefits are in the future. Have to change the immediate equation to more cost now to not doing something with longterm benefits; or increase the benefits now for doing the right thing.
... it took 30 years to start getting seat belt laws at the state level. Still only about 3/4 of states have seat belt laws. As I said, I don't expect any behavioral change anytime soon, short of employers growing a pair, and even then that probably only gets you to the 80-85% level tops. Of course 80-85% would be nice. Just not holding my breath.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:48 pm WHO says don't mix vaccines.
great, now i'm going to get gb.
i thought we already had studies coming out?
CU88

Post by CU88 »

JFC!

SCOOP: Tennessee Department of Health halts all vaccine outreach to kids – not just for COVID-19, but all diseases – amid pressure from GOP. Staff ordered to remove the agency logo from any documents providing vaccine info to the public, per internal dox.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/h ... 928701002/

WHY!?!?!?!

DEPLORABLE
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Hoping the delta variant is proves to be more transmissible but not more deadly. Some states aren’t looking too good right now.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:58 pm Hoping the delta variant is proves to be more transmissible but not more deadly. Some states aren’t looking too good right now.
Better hope so.

Missouri 7 day average daily new Covid cases.

7/13/2020 -- 1,024

7/13/2021 -- 1,525

And last year, things took off about 10 days after the July 4th holiday and kept surging for the rest of the year....
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

https://deadline.com/2021/07/los-angele ... 234792465/

la county up 550% in the last month. thought they might've had herd immunity by now.
Typical Lax Dad

Hopefully we catch a break

At every point, we seem to do too much too soon. I have always believed the fall of 2021 will be a good indicator of where we are. Time will tell.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:07 am Hopefully we catch a break

At every point, we seem to do too much too soon. I have always believed the fall of 2021 will be a good indicator of where we are. Time will tell.
^^^ seasonal guy.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:06 am https://deadline.com/2021/07/los-angele ... 234792465/

la county up 550% in the last month. thought they might've had herd immunity by now.
Not a good sign. Hopefully we catch a break and its not as deadly.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:07 am

^^^ seasonal guy.
Just wondering if we would see a similar pattern to that which we saw last year.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:09 am

^^^ seasonal guy.
Just wondering if we would see a similar pattern to that which we saw last year.
About the same time flu numbers start rising....like clockwork. :D
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

https://apnews.com/article/health-gover ... 24f46939cf

cdc says teachers and students can go maskless, gavin says hold my beer -- not in public schools! go private if you want that ish like me.
#followthescience
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:14 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:09 am

^^^ seasonal guy.
About the same time flu numbers start rising....like clockwork. :D
Yes. I am hoping that the numbers are 1/3 of what they were last year. I would consider it a win….so far. Do you believe this virus is just the flu? You could have just as easily used cold season as an example.
Typical Lax Dad

Typical Lax Dad

NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:15 am https://apnews.com/article/health-gover ... 24f46939cf

cdc says teachers and students can go maskless, gavin says hold my beer -- not in public schools! go private if you want that ish like me.
#followthescience
Great job misrepresenting the article to fit your agenda dude. :lol:

Return to “POLITICS”