All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
63%
1 person.
15%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 68

wgdsr

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:32 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:23 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:15 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:09 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:34 pm
ggait wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:18 pm Facts is facts.

Lowest vax states are ID, WY, LA, Ark, Miss, Ala.

That's Cracker Barrel, not Whole Foods.

Some of those folks are young. Some are of color. Some are rednecks.

All are misinformed. Many (but not all) are stupid/blind, often due to the MAGA glasses they see the world through.

Out here in Colorado, 9 of the top 10 counties in the state for vaccination rates voted for Biden. 29 of the bottom 30 counties for vaccination rates voted for Trump. Pretty simple and pretty obvious.

I hope the MAGAs change their minds before we head into the cold weather. We're close to one family with lots and lots of serious pre-existing conditions. Not one of them is vaxed. We stopped talking about it once we heard about Bill Gates' brain chips. I doubt they'd get vaxed even if they had a death in that family. It is really messed up.
You mean that woman wasn’t sitting in front of her house in Cherry Creek or Bethesda?
i saw the maga hat in the background.
Wouldn’t surprise me…what did she have to lose? I missed it.
she had the maga rally to lose. and all that anti-vaxx agenda that came with it. sounds like she caught the clips.
I wonder why her granddaughter was vaccinated? I also wonder why YA’s social media links over represent black people? Probably because those people are funny.
ya, probably same with ggait's links with maga. funny crowd, there.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:01 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:32 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:23 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:15 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:09 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:34 pm

All are misinformed. Many (but not all) are stupid/blind, often due to the MAGA glasses they see the world through.

Out here in Colorado, 9 of the top 10 counties in the state for vaccination rates voted for Biden. 29 of the bottom 30 counties for vaccination rates voted for Trump. Pretty simple and pretty obvious.

I hope the MAGAs change their minds before we head into the cold weather. We're close to one family with lots and lots of serious pre-existing conditions. Not one of them is vaxed. We stopped talking about it once we heard about Bill Gates' brain chips. I doubt they'd get vaxed even if they had a death in that family. It is really messed up.
You mean that woman wasn’t sitting in front of her house in Cherry Creek or Bethesda?
i saw the maga hat in the background.
Wouldn’t surprise me…what did she have to lose? I missed it.
she had the maga rally to lose. and all that anti-vaxx agenda that came with it. sounds like she caught the clips.
I wonder why her granddaughter was vaccinated? I also wonder why YA’s social media links over represent black people? Probably because those people are funny.
ya, probably same with ggait's links with maga. funny crowd, there.
Huh. I will pay closer attention.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

jhu72 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:07 pm

... IRCC of the top 25 most vaccinated states, 24 voted for Biden. Iowa the only Trump supporting state in the top 25. These people are too stupid to live. Jim Jones and his cult have nothing on these people. :roll: They are not going to change anytime soon. Day of reckoning likely coming for some of these folks.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

jhu72 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:12 pm

... IRCC of the top 25 most vaccinated states, 24 voted for Biden. Iowa the only Trump supporting state in the top 25. These people are too stupid to live. Jim Jones and his cult have nothing on these people. :roll: They are not going to change anytime soon. Day of reckoning likely coming for some of these folks.
And I bet nothing would make you happier, your obsession with Covid is borderline unhealthy. Enjoy your life, there are so many other things to do and spending your time worrying about. Get outside, go golfing, play tennis, take a beautiful hike, etc. Instead of sitting here worrying about who's unvaccinated in states nearly 1000 miles away from where you live. :roll:

MD,

This response is directed at JHU, I am preemptively letting you know that one of your dissertations is not necessary, and unwanted. Thanks.

Joe
Typical Lax Dad

JoeMauer89 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:14 pm

And I bet nothing would make you happier, your obsession with Covid is borderline unhealthy. Enjoy your life, there are so many other things to do and spending your time worrying about. Get outside, go golfing, play tennis, take a beautiful hike, etc. Instead of sitting here worrying about who's unvaccinated in states nearly 1000 miles away from where you live. :roll:

MD,

This response is directed at JHU, I am preemptively letting you know that one of your dissertations is not necessary, and unwanted. Thanks.

Joe
What did you think of Wimbledon? It was kind of anti-climatic or was it me?
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:45 pm

MD,

Joe
A little anticlimactic yes, but Berrettini showed some flashes of talent. He will be a major player on grass for years to come! Rafa is already on the hardcourts practicing. You better believe he is hungry for the US Open, believe or not he's got 4 titles in NY, to Novak's 3...

Joe
Typical Lax Dad

JoeMauer89 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:00 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:45 pm

MD,

Joe
A little anticlimactic yes, but Berrettini showed some flashes of talent. He will be a major player on grass for years to come! Rafa is already on the hardcourts practicing. You better believe he is hungry for the US Open, believe or not he's got 4 titles in NY, to Novak's 3...

Joe
I may catch some of the US Open. It’s a fun event.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:14 pm And I bet nothing would make you happier, your obsession with Covid is borderline unhealthy. Enjoy your life, there are so many other things to do and spending your time worrying about. Get outside, go golfing, play tennis, take a beautiful hike, etc. Instead of sitting here worrying about who's unvaccinated in states nearly 1000 miles away from where you live. :roll:

MD,

Joe

LMFAO!!!! Trump got COVID. Trump got the 0.1% treatment. Then Trump got vaccinated.

He wasn't afraid of the vaccine. Why are the rest of you people afraid of a little vaccine? Scared little conspiracy snowflakes. The obsession with the vaccine isn't borderline unhealthy, it's insanely unhealthy. Get vaccinated, then go live your life like we did pre-COVID !!!!! You can do everything you suggest and more! And tell your Trump buddies, you're the only ones they will listen to!

Don't be scared or worried bro!
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MD,

Joe
... oh, I will lose sleep over that. :lol:
DocBarrister

COVID-19, Black Widow, and Florence Pugh

Post by DocBarrister »

I watched Black Widow this weekend on Disney+. Very good action film, with a terrific performance by Florence Pugh.

Florence Pugh is just about the most charismatic young actor in the business today. Absolutely charming and a bit loony at the same time.

Black Widow triumphed at the global box office. Even so, I suspect this weekend was one of mixed emotions for Florence Pugh, who lost a friend last year on July 5, 2020, to COVID-19 … Broadway actor Nick Cordero.

In this You Tube video posted last year, crazy Flo dances for her good friend.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cAsAEGD9FNo

It was a heartfelt video for her friend, Nick, who sadly never got to see it.

Just a reminder of how devastating this pandemic was, and still is.

DocBarrister :|
@DocBarrister
ggait

Post by ggait »

Recent poll.

93% of Dems intend to get vaxed.

49% of Reps.

Yup. The party of stupid.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
old salt

Post by old salt »

...wait until the MRNA kicks in & turns us into zombies.
Bart

Post by Bart »

old salt wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:40 am ...wait until the MRNA kicks in & turns us into zombies.
Can't wait. As a mindless zombie my troubles will virtually disappear.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

jhu72 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:11 pm

MD,

Joe
Pretty funny that people are complaining about CoronaVirus related comments on this thread...
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

CU88 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:40 am

MD,

Joe
Pretty funny that people are complaining about CoronaVirus related comments on this thread...
Yes, Joe has quite the obsession for telling people they should discuss Covid on the Covid thread...pretty much any thread was off limits for such discussion even at the peak of 600K+ US deaths and all of its spillover effects into nearly all facets of life. We should all pretend it's fine...

And now, it's apparently off limits to discuss the reality that the surge in cases this summer is happening where a high proportion of people are refusing to get vaccinated; and off limits to discuss the reality that 98% of deaths now are people who refused to be vaccinated.

No dissertation, Joe; just a reminder that you're a happier camper when you stick to the lax threads...you've got lots to offer there, esp. on the women's side. Strong knowledge and insights.

Don't let people discussing Covid or politics in the Covid thread or Politics threads bother you.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

for the numbers folks out there:
55.5% of the entire pop has gotten one shot. that's 183 million.
eligible are -- approx 280 million.
that leaves -- 97 million eligible, who have not.

trump received 74 million votes. "republicans" supposedly have gotten about 50% shots. let's assume for a moment all of those voting there didn't include a huge swath of independents (vaccinated in higher numbers), and are deciding to keep their 12-17 year olds from getting vaxxed at a similar rate. so 37 million + 4.15.

that leaves... 97 - 37 - 4.15 = 55.85 million people who aren't all in on maga who haven't gotten around to being vaxxed yet. 56 million.

we gotta get those mouth breathers in line. maybe door-to-door is the trick.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Fauci said it was horrifying to see attendees at CPAC cheering that the U.S. hadn’t reached its vaccination goals. "I mean, they are cheering about someone saying that it’s a good thing for people not to try and save their lives.” A mad dance of death.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

The problem is clearly not entirely MAGA types. Look at Nevada. Worst numbers are in Las Vegas neighborhoods. These are not likely MAGA folks. Lot of minorities with access problems, supposedly. That being the case, you should be able to correct the situation - it should be relatively easy as long as they are willing to get the shot.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:18 am
CU88 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:40 am

MD,

Joe
Yes, Joe has quite the obsession for telling people they should discuss Covid on the Covid thread...pretty much any thread was off limits for such discussion even at the peak of 600K+ US deaths and all of its spillover effects into nearly all facets of life. We should all pretend it's fine...

And now, it's apparently off limits to discuss the reality that the surge in cases this summer is happening where a high proportion of people are refusing to get vaccinated; and off limits to discuss the reality that 98% of deaths now are people who refused to be vaccinated.

No dissertation, Joe; just a reminder that you're a happier camper when you stick to the lax threads...you've got lots to offer there, esp. on the women's side. Strong knowledge and insights.

Don't let people discussing Covid or politics in the Covid thread or Politics threads bother you.
Just because I made the comment doesn't mean I'm unaware that there's a rise in cases in certain states. My point is that all JHU does is attempt to stoke fear, not have an honest discussion regarding covid. This little forum is far from reality, anyone who says anything different is willfully ignorant. Why is it newsworthy that unvaccinated people are contracting covid and those happen to be the same people that are dying? WOULDN'T it be MORE newsworthy if those WHO WERE VACCINATED were the ones contracting covid, getting severely ill, and dying? Then we would be in REAL trouble. Be thankful that's not the case and is not going to be the case. That's right, I prefer to stick to lacrosse, but don't me tell where and when I am out of my element. My suggestion is why don't you volunteer to be a part of Biden's team going door to door encouraging those unvaccinated to get vaccinated. Let's see some of the reactions you get then, I guarantee it makes me look like Mr. Rogers!! :lol: :lol: You are an egotistical, elitist, stubborn fool that feels an insatiable desire to "educate" others , often in areas you don't have a clue what you are talking about. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe

Return to “POLITICS”