Progressive Ideology

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Progressive Ideology

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:50 am Why aren't the DEMS in Virginia in an uproar over amazinon's move to NOVA? What's that fatty, pretends don't care about the poor, working class.
exactly
We'll see if the Corporate Dems that gave out those deals get voted out and replaced by Ocascio-types.

We're supposed to be CHEERING for this, fellas. Remember? Vote them all out? Remember?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:05 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:31 pm Amazon pulls out of NYState!!!!

Okay guys. All you supposed Righties. Please, for the love of everything holy, tell me you're impressed by Cortez.

All the corruption we've been discussing all these years? All the handouts the Dems have given to NY Corporations and their stupid "no taxes to new business" scam that stuck the tax bill tab on guys like cradleandshoot?

So Ocascio runs for Congress to get rid of the corrupt Corporate Dem that all of us despise, wins the election, and gets the largest Corporation in the world cave to her (and others, obviously) pressure to not take all these corporate hand outs.

Bravo! Bravo!

Maybe look at her in a different light, folks? Or at least give her a tip of the hat for this particular action?

You don't have to agree with everything she's proposing (I know that I sure don't)---but she just saved NYState residents tens of millions of dollars.

Bully for her.
I bet Andy Cuomo disagrees with you a Fan. IMO if he could get his hands around AOC's neck there might be some very bad things going on. The problem with AOC a Fan is she is throwing her supporters on the FLP wing under the bus. You and 72 have a man crush on her but she is not a very smart person. She crapped in her own back yard and left it there for high ranking Democrats to scoop up. These folks are not very fond of picking up other peoples poop. AOC has ticked off people that she needs to move ahead. She is a flash in the pan because she plays by her own rules. You really think that is going to make a good impression with Nancy Pelosi or Chuck Schumer or Andy Cuomo? She has dipped her toes into a pond were free thinking and original ideas are filled with very hungry crocodiles that don't appreciate people that don't play by the rules.

:lol: Have you actually read 72's comments about AOC. You might want to try that before claiming a man crush. Look it up. :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
a fan

Post by a fan »

I think Pelosi and Schumer are going to retire or drop dead soon, cradle.

This is what's coming. Bet all the Republicans wished they had governed the last 20 years instead of doing nothing. Because when you do that, people get fed up----and what do we get? Trump and Cortez.

For example, could've come up with a market based replacement for Obamacare, remember? They didn't even come close. So now Cortez and her like are going to get control in the coming years and fix it to their liking. Same goes for immigration, and education, and all the crap Republicans didn't do when they had the chance.

I don't think she's perfect---far from it----- but the complaints of her are across the board hypocritical----"where is she going to get the money pay for this", or "she doesn't understand economics".

:lol: Riiiight. Complaints from the crew who swears trickle down works, tax cuts pay for themselves, and "deficits don't matter".
DMac

Post by DMac »

....and if she doesn't play by the rules it seems to me as if that's how you become Prez. After all, that's what we've got now, right? That's what all the Trump supporters wanted and what they like about him, right? What's good for the goose...and all that. (I think she does play by the rules though.)
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

a fan wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:14 pm This is what's coming. Bet all the Republicans wished they had governed the last 20 years instead of doing nothing. Because when you do that, people get fed up----and what do we get? Trump and Cortez.

For example, could've come up with a market based replacement for Obamacare, remember? They didn't even come close. So now Cortez and her like are going to get control in the coming years and fix it to their liking. Same goes for immigration, and education, and all the crap Republicans didn't do when they had the chance.

I don't think she's perfect---far from it----- but the complaints of her are across the board hypocritical----"where is she going to get the money pay for this", or "she doesn't understand economics".

:lol: Riiiight. Complaints from the crew who swears trickle down works, tax cuts pay for themselves, and "deficits don't matter".
Or...… this is just the next "in" thing in politics - drastic swing to the left - that will die out as fast as the Tea Party did - that drastic swing to the right.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

a fan wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:06 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:50 am Why aren't the DEMS in Virginia in an uproar over amazinon's move to NOVA? What's that fatty, pretends don't care about the poor, working class.
exactly
We'll see if the Corporate Dems that gave out those deals get voted out and replaced by Ocascio-types.

We're supposed to be CHEERING for this, fellas. Remember? Vote them all out? Remember?
My vote them all out is so they're replaced by those who see the value of compromise to get things done - not polarize.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Yes. We'll see. Tea Party went away because we got a guy with a little R in the White House. I'm not sure what will make Cortez go away. Millenials rejected Hillary and the Corporate Dems. Don't think they'll put up with more of the same, but we'll find out.

Millenials are getting older, are starting to vote in larger numbers, and they're pretty sick of the *hit sandwich that the Boomers and my Gen X handed to them.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:19 pm So who do you hate more, Cortez or Bezos? :lol:

Has anyone else noticed how much Jeff Bezos looks like Dr. Evil?
At this point in time, Bezos. I think AOC is still in her 15 minutes of fame. A one hit wonder.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

DMac wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:52 pm ....and if she doesn't play by the rules it seems to me as if that's how you become Prez. After all, that's what we've got now, right? That's what all the Trump supporters wanted and what they like about him, right? What's good for the goose...and all that. (I think she does play by the rules though.)
I am not sure she knows the rules, yet. But she is a quick study.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
a fan

Post by a fan »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:59 pm My vote them all out is so they're replaced by those who see the value of compromise to get things done - not polarize.
She's been in office for one month. Give her a chance on that count. I suspect you're right, but let's see a few votes before we tag her as an obstructionist.

But in any event----she's not gonna have a chance with Trump in office. She has no power. Trump is governing with shut downs and emergency declarations not one full month into a new Congress. Compromise didn't have time to leave the building---it was never there.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

a fan wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:05 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:15 pm Get your calculator out, 6ft. The tax break was for 25,000 jobs at an average $150,000 income. That’s a $3.75B annual payroll.

I’m not saying it’s right, but I bet CO would give afan a whopping tax break if he had that type of annual payroll, and the small business owners around his plant/s would kiss his feet.

…….

What you---and everyone else, apparently----are selling here is that it makes sense to let a company that employs a piddly 25,000 people.... pay no taxes, and yet all those thousand of companies who employ 8,000,000 people should not only pay their full tax share to the government, they should also pay the taxes for all the lost revenue from the piddly 25,000 employees from Amazon.

……….

If you think it's so important to attract business, that's totally cool: lower ALL the taxes for ALL businesses. Or eliminate them altogether, and stick the citizens with epic property taxes. I'm sure they'll LOVE that.
I guess you want to ignore the part where I said "The effective business tax rates should be reduced for all instead of giving new employers a discount: just like new cable companies shouldn’t give discounts to new customers."
runrussellrun wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:38 pm
DMac wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:35 pm I find that $150/yr average pay at Amazon hard to believe.
https://www.glassdoor.com/Hourly-Pay/Am ... -E6036.htm
Or course it's hard to believe.......it's a lie.
Don't shoot the messenger RRR. The deal was $3.5B for 25,000 $150,000/yr jobs. I would have hoped the brilliant NYS and NYC negotiators would have the agreement written for less tax break for less income generation, but that's probably a ridiculous assumption on my part.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:50 amWhy aren't the DEMS in Virginia in an uproar over amazinon's move to NOVA? What's that fatty, pretends don't care about the poor, working class.
exactly
https://wamu.org/story/18/07/19/amazon- ... reaks-hq2/

That link shows some libs who were against it. A quick search finds a number of other stories. It just may not have been on your radar.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:01 pm
DMac wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:52 pm ....and if she doesn't play by the rules it seems to me as if that's how you become Prez. After all, that's what we've got now, right? That's what all the Trump supporters wanted and what they like about him, right? What's good for the goose...and all that. (I think she does play by the rules though.)
I am not sure she knows the rules, yet. But she is a quick study.
She better study quickly. There are a WHOLE LOT of Queens progressives who own and work at pizza parlors, dry cleaners, bars, delis, real estate agencies, etc. near LI City who are really really pissed at a particular former bartender right now.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:14 pm I think Pelosi and Schumer are going to retire or drop dead soon, cradle.

This is what's coming. Bet all the Republicans wished they had governed the last 20 years instead of doing nothing. Because when you do that, people get fed up----and what do we get? Trump and Cortez.

You keep overlooking one simple fact a Fan. The beltway blue blood Republicans hate DJT... always have and they always will. He is not one of them. These folks don't want to see Trump succeed anymore than the Democrats do. If they were on his side and agreed with him Trumps proposals would have sailed through. You keep ripping on the Republicans and the vast majority of establishment Republicans are on your side on this one. You should be applauding them for keeping the Trump monster in his cage as much as possible. ;)
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:14 pm I think Pelosi and Schumer are going to retire or drop dead soon, cradle.

"I think Pelosi and Schumer are going to retire or drop dead soon, cradle." I disagree a Fan. These two politicians love the limelight and the power and will only be dragged off of the stage kicking and screaming. For all of her faults Nancy is one very powerful force of nature. She knows how to keep all of her little ducklings in a row.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

"For all of her faults ...."

Such as?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:12 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:05 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:31 pm Amazon pulls out of NYState!!!!

Okay guys. All you supposed Righties. Please, for the love of everything holy, tell me you're impressed by Cortez.

All the corruption we've been discussing all these years? All the handouts the Dems have given to NY Corporations and their stupid "no taxes to new business" scam that stuck the tax bill tab on guys like cradleandshoot?

So Ocascio runs for Congress to get rid of the corrupt Corporate Dem that all of us despise, wins the election, and gets the largest Corporation in the world cave to her (and others, obviously) pressure to not take all these corporate hand outs.

Bravo! Bravo!

Maybe look at her in a different light, folks? Or at least give her a tip of the hat for this particular action?

You don't have to agree with everything she's proposing (I know that I sure don't)---but she just saved NYState residents tens of millions of dollars.

Bully for her.
I bet Andy Cuomo disagrees with you a Fan. IMO if he could get his hands around AOC's neck there might be some very bad things going on. The problem with AOC a Fan is she is throwing her supporters on the FLP wing under the bus. You and 72 have a man crush on her but she is not a very smart person. She crapped in her own back yard and left it there for high ranking Democrats to scoop up. These folks are not very fond of picking up other peoples poop. AOC has ticked off people that she needs to move ahead. She is a flash in the pan because she plays by her own rules. You really think that is going to make a good impression with Nancy Pelosi or Chuck Schumer or Andy Cuomo? She has dipped her toes into a pond were free thinking and original ideas are filled with very hungry crocodiles that don't appreciate people that don't play by the rules.

:lol: Have you actually read 72's comments about AOC. You might want to try that before claiming a man crush. Look it up. :roll:
I only know I don't have a man crush on her, but she is very amusing to watch in action. My biggest criticism of her is that at times it looks like she applies her lipstick with a putty knife. For the record... originally that was my wifes observation and not mine. I admit I agree with my wife on her opinion. All things considered I am not sure if AOC has been a bigger problem for the Republicans or the Democrats. I admit that AOC is the new face of the younger generation of Democrats. I just don't think these young folks actually understand what is in store for them. For this old guy, it doesn't matter. I did my part and what the younger folks do with the country is up to them. Good luck on where they are headed.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:36 pm "For all of her faults ...."

Such as?
If I have to tell you what they are then you are exceptionally out of touch with reality. Hint... how many brain farts has she had while giving public speeches. At times she comes across as almost senile when speaking in public. For all her faults she is only a slight notch below HRC when it comes to being able to intimidate friends and foes alike. I don't see her giving up control of her wing of the Democrat party until she is damn good and ready to. I make fun of her all the time, but she is a force to be recognized among both sides. I may not understand why she is still so popular. Her ability to be able to intimidate must have a lot to do with it. A more simplistic answer could be as simple as she knows where the bodies are buried.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:15 pm
6ftstick wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:59 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:34 pm
frmanfan wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:02 pm Sorry fan, I don't share your enthusiasm for the latest big thing. She would just replace one set of policies of giving taxpayer money to favored groups to giving taxpayer money to her favored groups.
Yes! That's the ENTIRE point.

You seem to miss that with this Amazon deal, she just took what would have been $3 Billion----with a B----from Amazon, and gave it back to regular taxpayers and businesses in NY. You're trying to make it sound like this is a bad thing.

She can retire tomorrow, and she will have done more for regular NY'ers than 90% of their Representatives have in the last 100 years.

You want to be skeptical for what she will do in the future, that's fine, but that's a pretty big number that she just put up on the scoreboard....
You act like 3 billion changed hands. it was 3 billion in future state taxes paid on revenue. The state has $0.00 invested.

What the state lost was SS, FICA NY state withholding on 300 million annual payroll. And the subsequent property taxes and sales taxes that come with 25,000 new jobs.
Get your calculator out, 6ft. The tax break was for 25,000 jobs at an average $150,000 income. That’s a $3.75B annual payroll.

I’m not saying it’s right, but I bet CO would give afan a whopping tax break if he had that type of annual payroll, and the small business owners around his plant/s would kiss his feet.
My mistake. Left off a zero
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:52 pm
seacoaster wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:36 pm "For all of her faults ...."

Such as?
If I have to tell you what they are then you are exceptionally out of touch with reality. Hint... how many brain farts has she had while giving public speeches. At times she comes across as almost senile when speaking in public. For all her faults she is only a slight notch below HRC when it comes to being able to intimidate friends and foes alike. I don't see her giving up control of her wing of the Democrat party until she is damn good and ready to. I make fun of her all the time, but she is a force to be recognized among both sides. I may not understand why she is still so popular. Her ability to be able to intimidate must have a lot to do with it. A more simplistic answer could be as simple as she knows where the bodies are buried.
Nice try. Ask your wife the question so maybe I get an answer.

Return to “POLITICS”