Progressive Ideology

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Progressive Ideology

Post by a fan »

The quote from Amazon is hilarious, too:

"For Amazon, the commitment to build a new headquarters requires positive, collaborative relationships with state and local elected officials who will be supportive over the long-term. While polls show that 70% of New Yorkers support our plans and investment, a number of state and local politicians have made it clear that they oppose our presence and will not work with us to build the type of relationships that are required to go forward with the project we and many others envisioned in Long Island City," the statement reads.

Odd, no mention of the $3 Billion handout.

:lol: So my brother and I have somehow managed to keep our doors open for 20 years now, and Bezos and his legions of Ivy MBA managers can't keep Amazon afloat without cheating.

What a bunch of losers.

Here's how it works, you Amazon *ssclowns. You pick where you open your business. You pay all fees and taxes just like every other business in the area.

That's it! End of transaction. No political favors. No free crap. And if you think the business taxes are too high, fine. Then work to lower them for ALL businesses.

All you fake conservatives who are b*tching about taxes all the time.....every dollar that Amazon doesn't pay in has to be paid in by some other business or person. That's how math works, folks. You're an idiot if you think these line item tax breaks for individual companies make any mathematical sense.

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/amazon-pul ... adquarters
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Elliot Abrams, there is a wanker for you. Neocon slime who never saw a potential war he didn't want to send someone elses kid to fight. People like him are the reason we fight so many unwinnable wars / conflicts that never end and make us so many long term enemies.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:02 pm
foreverlax wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:56 am
youthathletics wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:46 am
foreverlax wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:33 am
youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:41 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:36 pm So, don't tell the story if you can't back it up by answering very simple questions. ANd I will call BS to anyone that says they can't hire US citizens because they won't do the work. Always means they pay crappy wages. And, by hiring illegals, which sounds like what your friend does, means he gets to skirt the overtime laws, fica, workers comp, etc.

Have to visit great grand dads grave and tell him he died for nothing (Died in a labor strike )
So very-very true. Know a guy who is illegal and gets paid 25/hr under the table with no benefits, while his equals in skill, get paid well over 40/hr with benefits and deductions. It has absolutely nothing to do with Anericans not wanting to do the work....this is a BS excuse, it’s about lining the pockets of business owners. You also see it when contractors staff jobs with one person that knows what they are doing as a foreman, then flood it with unskilled laborers to be managed by the foreman.
Have to wonder why the POTUS doesn't see it this way....as it pertains to his private business. I have long supported e-verify. Does he?
He absolutley does and knows full well the impacts/benefits of doing such. E-Verify is the answer IMO, but it has to be turned on slowly or in a planned manner, as it has the potential to cripple our economy. This was discussed in detail on another thread. Why not applaud him for hiring illegals, so long as they are paying taxes, is that not what the left has been saying?
Using your examples

1. Guy makes $25 per hour x 40 x 52 = $52,000 annually

2. Guy two makes $40 per hour x 40 x 52 + another $20k+ in benefits = over $100,00 annually

How does is owner in example two able to compete against #1, since he is passing on the cost to the end user, especially if the job is on the lower end of the skill range, like ag or construction?
Or, in reality world:

3. Guy three makes $3 an hour and works 60 hours a week, no OT.

https://www.alipac.us/f12/feds-move-sei ... er-130215/
Foreverlax, that is the entire point. In large construction projects, most all bids are sealed and have deadlines for receiving said bid from contractors. The bids are then opened by owner and lowest bidder is awarded the contract. So the firm that can hide and manipulate their labor burden with illegals that will not say a peep, are practically buying jobs, then using the lower labor wages to make their gross margin. To circumvent this, many projects require certified payroll, or Gov't contracts require Davis-Bacon...but even those have loop-holes.

RRR is exactly correct in point 3. The guy I met, often works weekends with zero overtime or double time...he is just thankful to be here, working, paying no taxes....and the end result is completely screwing everyone else.

So ask yourself, why does no one "really" want to do anything about it...follow the money. This is part and parcel why I believe the Wall is a great measure to slow and control the bleeding, you should too.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:26 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:02 pm
foreverlax wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:56 am
youthathletics wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:46 am
foreverlax wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:33 am
youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:41 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:36 pm So, don't tell the story if you can't back it up by answering very simple questions. ANd I will call BS to anyone that says they can't hire US citizens because they won't do the work. Always means they pay crappy wages. And, by hiring illegals, which sounds like what your friend does, means he gets to skirt the overtime laws, fica, workers comp, etc.

Have to visit great grand dads grave and tell him he died for nothing (Died in a labor strike )
So very-very true. Know a guy who is illegal and gets paid 25/hr under the table with no benefits, while his equals in skill, get paid well over 40/hr with benefits and deductions. It has absolutely nothing to do with Anericans not wanting to do the work....this is a BS excuse, it’s about lining the pockets of business owners. You also see it when contractors staff jobs with one person that knows what they are doing as a foreman, then flood it with unskilled laborers to be managed by the foreman.
Have to wonder why the POTUS doesn't see it this way....as it pertains to his private business. I have long supported e-verify. Does he?
He absolutley does and knows full well the impacts/benefits of doing such. E-Verify is the answer IMO, but it has to be turned on slowly or in a planned manner, as it has the potential to cripple our economy. This was discussed in detail on another thread. Why not applaud him for hiring illegals, so long as they are paying taxes, is that not what the left has been saying?
Using your examples

1. Guy makes $25 per hour x 40 x 52 = $52,000 annually

2. Guy two makes $40 per hour x 40 x 52 + another $20k+ in benefits = over $100,00 annually

How does is owner in example two able to compete against #1, since he is passing on the cost to the end user, especially if the job is on the lower end of the skill range, like ag or construction?
Or, in reality world:

3. Guy three makes $3 an hour and works 60 hours a week, no OT.

https://www.alipac.us/f12/feds-move-sei ... er-130215/
Foreverlax, that is the entire point. In large construction projects, most all bids are sealed and have deadlines for receiving said bid from contractors. The bids are then opened by owner and lowest bidder is awarded the contract. So the firm that can hide and manipulate their labor burden with illegals that will not say a peep, are practically buying jobs, then using the lower labor wages to make their gross margin. To circumvent this, many projects require certified payroll, or Gov't contracts require Davis-Bacon...but even those have loop-holes.

RRR is exactly correct in point 3. The guy I met, often works weekends with zero overtime or double time...he is just thankful to be here, working, paying no taxes....and the end result is completely screwing everyone else.

So ask yourself, why does no one "really" want to do anything about it...follow the money. This is part and parcel why I believe the Wall is a great measure to slow and control the bleeding, you should too.
I get it, believe me I do. It has always been about the money for some....while some have issues with those who don't look like them.

My issue regarding Trump's wall -

1. It started out simply as a toss away comment that his fans love
2. Then is was 2000 miles of wall
3. Then Mexico was going to pay for it

I don't know how much new wall we need, whether is should be metal or concrete...doesn't really matter to me. Bottom line, Trump has not convinced me of his view of this issue.

The Wall, for me, is simply part of a total package of things we do to secure the border, along with dealing with DACA, the "11-22 million" illegals, and implementing E-verify.
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1093634176845139968

Is excellent video of AOC getting Committee members and witnesses to admit to how easy it is to corrupt Congress and the Presidency.

I can't unembed it from tweet but in it she gets all to admit that Congress and Presidency can be easily corrupted.

Folk associated with Amazon have been buying up properties by the HQ site from one year before formal announcement was made. They are in for a world of hurt when the market prices they drove up go back to normal.

My daughter bought a coop in 2015 in the area for just under $230K and is selling it to one of these speculators for over $400K. A one bedroom 938 square foot apartment.
a fan wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:31 pm Amazon pulls out of NYState!!!!

Okay guys. All you supposed Righties. Please, for the love of everything holy, tell me you're impressed by Cortez.

All the corruption we've been discussing all these years? All the handouts the Dems have given to NY Corporations and their stupid "no taxes to new business" scam that stuck the tax bill tab on guys like cradleandshoot?

So Ocascio runs for Congress to get rid of the corrupt Corporate Dem that all of us despise, wins the election, and gets the largest Corporation in the world cave to her (and others, obviously) pressure to not take all these corporate hand outs.

Bravo! Bravo!

Maybe look at her in a different light, folks? Or at least give her a tip of the hat for this particular action?

You don't have to agree with everything she's proposing (I know that I sure don't)---but she just saved NYState residents tens of millions of dollars.

Bully for her.
The parent, not the coach.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:56 pm The quote from Amazon is hilarious, too:

"For Amazon, the commitment to build a new headquarters requires positive, collaborative relationships with state and local elected officials who will be supportive over the long-term. While polls show that 70% of New Yorkers support our plans and investment, a number of state and local politicians have made it clear that they oppose our presence and will not work with us to build the type of relationships that are required to go forward with the project we and many others envisioned in Long Island City," the statement reads.

:lol: So my brother and I have somehow managed to keep our doors open for 20 years now, and Bezos and his legions of Ivy MBA managers can't keep Amazon afloat without cheating.

What a bunch of losers.

Here's how it works, you Amazon *ssclowns. You pick where you open your business. You pay all fees and taxes just like every other business in the area.

That's it! End of transaction. No political favors. No free crap. And if you think the business taxes are too high, fine. Then work to lower them for ALL businesses.

All you fake conservatives who are b*tching about taxes all the time.....every dollar that Amazon doesn't pay in has to be paid in by some other business or person. That's how math works, folks. You're an idiot if you think these line item tax breaks for individual companies make any mathematical sense.

+1

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Great post 6 foot. The irony is remarkable. Andy Cuomo put on his best blue dress and conversed with the Amazon folks to move their new HQ to the big apple. Gave em billions in tax breaks to do so. The AOC element decided they did not like the deal and shamed Amazon to go look elsewhere for a new headquarters. I sure hope Andy had his dress dry cleaned because his own folks just put a big stain on it where it does not belong... :lol:
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:37 pm

Just where would all those laissez-faire capitalists be without all the corporate welfare they get from the pols? :twisted:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
laxman3221

Post by laxman3221 »

Another progressive tells lies about a racial attack. What an interview he gave on GMA this morning. Anyone who believed this story is an idiot. The MSM thought the had Trump again!

Vail Shootout Champion 2017, 2018
Lake Placid Classic Champion 2018, 2019
Florida Lacrosse Classic Champion 2018 X2, 2019 x2
Who doesn't love ice cream!
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

laxman3221 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:33 pm Another progressive tells lies about a racial attack. What an interview he gave on GMA this morning. Anyone who believed this story is an idiot. The MSM thought the had Trump again!

“Libs” got a long way to go to catch up! https://www.biography.com/.amp/people/s ... ith-235800

And who could forget this one....

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/27/us/e ... m.amp.html

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Wow.....why can't people have the " that is messed up" when it comes people like Jesse Smullette. (like I say, 3 sides to every story )

But, I guess YOU doing the "whataboutism" routine is ok, but me pointing out YOUR "whataboutism" is annoying "whataboutism" that pretends hate.

cheek N tongue, 24/6, is not different that crying wolf. (SLAP......that's whataboutism again.....can't help myself )
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:52 am Wow.....why can't people have the " that is messed up" when it comes people like Jesse Smullette. (like I say, 3 sides to every story )

But, I guess YOU doing the "whataboutism" routine is ok, but me pointing out YOUR "whataboutism" is annoying "whataboutism" that pretends hate.

cheek N tongue, 24/6, is not different that crying wolf. (SLAP......that's whataboutism again.....can't help myself )
Absolutely: What about bad people are bad people.......that's my whataboutism .... in case you missed it.....That is the point. Didn't know only "cons" were dirty? You mean there are also lying "libs"? What a shock! When I first "herd" the guy's story, something struck me as off.....like why would he keep a rope around his neck after the "attackers" left? He may be telling the truth but did not sound right to me.... nor did Susan Smith's story when I first "herd" it..... Chuck Stuart's story was more believable..... I remember people being so incredibly upset/angry. It was awful. ;)
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:08 am
runrussellrun wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:52 am Wow.....why can't people have the " that is messed up" when it comes people like Jesse Smullette. (like I say, 3 sides to every story )

Absolutely: What about bad people are bad people.......that's my whataboutism .... in case you missed it.....That is the point. Didn't know only "cons" were dirty? You mean there are also lying "libs"? What a shock! When I first "herd" the guy's story, something struck me as off.....like why would he keep a rope around his neck after the "attackers" left? He may be telling the truth but did not sound right to me.... nor did Susan Smith's story when I first "herd" it..... Chuck Stuart's story was more believable..... I remember people being so incredibly upset/angry. It was awful. ;)
But, you didn't say anything about anything other than whataboutisms.

Why not just condemn jesse? Leave it there?
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:11 am

You mean the "actor"? If he made false statements to the police he should face punishment like everyone else. Why would I expect anything less than that? Would you? Who ever made the original post (the Caitlyn Jenner Avatar person I believe) is the person that initially made a comparison to "libs"...Bad people are bad people, don't you get it?
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:34 pm
6ftstick wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:37 pm

Just where would all those laissez-faire capitalists be without all the corporate welfare they get from the pols? :twisted:
I was opposed to the 3 billion dollar write off to the richest man in the world. But that 300 million annual payroll (and payroll/property and sales taxes) will be missed.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:31 pm Amazon pulls out of NYState!!!!

Okay guys. All you supposed Righties. Please, for the love of everything holy, tell me you're impressed by Cortez.

All the corruption we've been discussing all these years? All the handouts the Dems have given to NY Corporations and their stupid "no taxes to new business" scam that stuck the tax bill tab on guys like cradleandshoot?

So Ocascio runs for Congress to get rid of the corrupt Corporate Dem that all of us despise, wins the election, and gets the largest Corporation in the world cave to her (and others, obviously) pressure to not take all these corporate hand outs.

Bravo! Bravo!

Maybe look at her in a different light, folks? Or at least give her a tip of the hat for this particular action?

You don't have to agree with everything she's proposing (I know that I sure don't)---but she just saved NYState residents tens of millions of dollars.

Bully for her.
And Hitler made the trains run on time.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Amazon Escapes From New York
$3 billion in subsidies couldn’t overcome the hostility to business.

The mayor is reflecting the view on the left that businesses are wards of the government and owe their success—and profits—to the state. But businesses should take note that they encourage this co-dependency by seeking government handouts.

Consider Taiwanese manufacturer Foxconn, which was given $4 billion by Wisconsin to build a factory to manufacture LCD TV screens in Racine. Last month Foxconn acknowledged it made little economic sense to make the screens in Wisconsin and floated building a research hub instead, prompting President Trump to intervene personally with Foxconn chairman Terry Gou.

Liberals love to conflate corporate welfare with capitalism, and these kinds of deals help promote their narrative that the American economic and political systems are rigged. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez tweeted that “everyday New Yorkers & their neighbors defeated Amazon’s corporate greed, its worker exploitation, and the power of the richest man in the world.” Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren declared, “How long will we allow giant corporations to hold our democracy hostage?”

Amazon was right to pull out of New York City, but it would have avoided a lot of grief if it had made its original headquarters decision on the business “fundamentals.”
https://www.wsj.com/articles/amazon-esc ... 1550189053

Will Trump call AMZN and get them to reconsider??
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:56 pm The quote from Amazon is hilarious, too:

What a bunch of losers.

What's being lost in the buzz is amazingon's claim that they aren't seeking another HQ site. Maybe they were never serious in the first place?
(don't buy one gosh darn thing from amazingon......they aren't even that cheap. It's pay is though )

Why aren't the DEMS in Virginia in an uproar over amazinon's move to NOVA? What's that fatty, pretends don't care about the poor, working class.
exactly
laxman3221

Post by laxman3221 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:21 am

You mean the "actor"? If he made false statements to the police he should face punishment like everyone else. Why would I expect anything less than that? Would you? Who ever made the original post (the Caitlyn Jenner Avatar person I believe) is the person that initially made a comparison to "libs"...Bad people are bad people, don't you get it?
Still dreaming about trannys I see.

I sad another lib making up a racist story, there was no comparison. He is one of many over the past few years. He made it political when he said they yelled MAGA country and how he was a vocal 45 opponent. Watching all the Ds run to his support calling it a modern day lynching seal the deal. It was obviously fake from the beginning and the Ds(libs) ate it up. Just trying to stir up the racist BS. Would have been more believable if he said Coonman and the boys did it! :lol:
Vail Shootout Champion 2017, 2018
Lake Placid Classic Champion 2018, 2019
Florida Lacrosse Classic Champion 2018 X2, 2019 x2
Who doesn't love ice cream!
Typical Lax Dad

laxman3221 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:53 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:21 am

Still dreaming about trannys I see.

I sad another lib making up a racist story, there was no comparison. He is one of many over the past few years. He made it political when he said they yelled MAGA country and how he was a vocal 45 opponent. Watching all the Ds run to his support calling it a modern day lynching seal the deal. It was obviously fake from the beginning and the Ds(libs) ate it up. Just trying to stir up the racist BS. Would have been more believable if he said Coonman and the boys did it! :lol:

Chester, I didn’t say you made a comparison. You labeled the dude a “ lib”...that matters? Bad people are bad people. I thought he was beat up because he was gay not because of race? You mean he was jumped because he is a coon?

Return to “POLITICS”