Progressive Ideology

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
foreverlax

Re: Progressive Ideology

Post by foreverlax »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:50 am
a fan wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:56 pm The quote from Amazon is hilarious, too:

"For Amazon, the commitment to build a new headquarters requires positive, collaborative relationships with state and local elected officials who will be supportive over the long-term. While polls show that 70% of New Yorkers support our plans and investment, a number of state and local politicians have made it clear that they oppose our presence and will not work with us to build the type of relationships that are required to go forward with the project we and many others envisioned in Long Island City," the statement reads.

Odd, no mention of the $3 Billion handout.

:lol: So my brother and I have somehow managed to keep our doors open for 20 years now, and Bezos and his legions of Ivy MBA managers can't keep Amazon afloat without cheating.

What a bunch of losers.

Here's how it works, you Amazon *ssclowns. You pick where you open your business. You pay all fees and taxes just like every other business in the area.

That's it! End of transaction. No political favors. No free crap. And if you think the business taxes are too high, fine. Then work to lower them for ALL businesses.

All you fake conservatives who are b*tching about taxes all the time.....every dollar that Amazon doesn't pay in has to be paid in by some other business or person. That's how math works, folks. You're an idiot if you think these line item tax breaks for individual companies make any mathematical sense.

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/amazon-pul ... adquarters
What's being lost in the buzz is amazingon's claim that they aren't seeking another HQ site. Maybe they were never serious in the first place?
(don't buy one gosh darn thing from amazingon......they aren't even that cheap. It's pay is though )

Why aren't the DEMS in Virginia in an uproar over amazinon's move to NOVA? What's that fatty, pretends don't care about the poor, working class.
exactly
In its statement, Amazon said it has no plans to "reopen the HQ2 search at this time." Instead, it plans to move forward with its office expansions in Virginia as well as Nashville, where it is building a new hub expected to employ 5,000 people.
frmanfan

Post by frmanfan »

Why is everyone blaming Amazon for this? All they do is ask/demand, my kids used to do that, but sometimes you have to say no and let them stomp away mad. Let us blame the pols where the blame belongs. Here in Pittsburgh we have two newish pro stadiums. Voters voted no. Pols gave them money anyway. TAATS.
A cold beer and a warm woman is all I need to keep me happy. Sometimes a cold beer is enough...
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

foreverlax wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:18 am

"For Amazon, the commitment to build a new headquarters requires positive, collaborative relationships with state and local elected officials who will be supportive over the long-term. While polls show that 70% of New Yorkers support our plans and investment, a number of state and local politicians have made it clear that they oppose our presence and will not work with us to build the type of relationships that are required to go forward with the project we and many others envisioned in Long Island City," the statement reads.

:lol: So my brother and I have somehow managed to keep our doors open for 20 years now, and Bezos and his legions of Ivy MBA managers can't keep Amazon afloat without cheating.

What a bunch of losers.

Here's how it works, you Amazon *ssclowns. You pick where you open your business. You pay all fees and taxes just like every other business in the area.

That's it! End of transaction. No political favors. No free crap. And if you think the business taxes are too high, fine. Then work to lower them for ALL businesses.

All you fake conservatives who are b*tching about taxes all the time.....every dollar that Amazon doesn't pay in has to be paid in by some other business or person. That's how math works, folks. You're an idiot if you think these line item tax breaks for individual companies make any mathematical sense.

What's being lost in the buzz is amazingon's claim that they aren't seeking another HQ site. Maybe they were never serious in the first place?
(don't buy one gosh darn thing from amazingon......they aren't even that cheap. It's pay is though )

Why aren't the DEMS in Virginia in an uproar over amazinon's move to NOVA? What's that fatty, pretends don't care about the poor, working class.
exactly
In its statement, Amazon said it has no plans to "reopen the HQ2 search at this time." Instead, it plans to move forward with its office expansions in Virginia as well as Nashville, where it is building a new hub expected to employ 5,000 people.
SOrry for not being more specific as to the WHY (they aren't seeking another location )
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

foreverlax wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:18 am

What a bunch of losers.

exactly
SOrry for not being more specific as to the WHY (they aren't seeking another location )
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

NOVA and Nashville were #2 and #3.
a fan

Post by a fan »

frmanfan wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:50 am Why is everyone blaming Amazon for this? All they do is ask/demand, my kids used to do that, but sometimes you have to say no and let them stomp away mad. Let us blame the pols where the blame belongs. Here in Pittsburgh we have two newish pro stadiums. Voters voted no. Pols gave them money anyway. TAATS.
Absolutely correct! And we HAVE blamed this practice many times at the old cooler. NYState is one of the worse offenders, and it's largely the Dems doing it.

This is the entire point behind Ms. Cortez----she ran against one of these corporate Dems and won. "Vote them all out" is what so many of us have said. She ain't going to to be perfect, but I'm overjoyed with her so far.

BTW, Amazon also isn't paying Federal Corporate tax this year. Anyone catching on yet? Or should we lower corporate taxes again?

http://fortune.com/2019/02/14/amazon-do ... FfDTMVkO4w
laxman3221

Post by laxman3221 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:00 am
laxman3221 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:53 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:21 am
runrussellrun wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:11 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:08 am
runrussellrun wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:52 am Wow.....why can't people have the " that is messed up" when it comes people like Jesse Smullette. (like I say, 3 sides to every story )

But, I guess YOU doing the "whataboutism" routine is ok, but me pointing out YOUR "whataboutism" is annoying "whataboutism" that pretends hate.

cheek N tongue, 24/6, is not different that crying wolf. (SLAP......that's whataboutism again.....can't help myself )
Absolutely: What about bad people are bad people.......that's my whataboutism .... in case you missed it.....That is the point. Didn't know only "cons" were dirty? You mean there are also lying "libs"? What a shock! When I first "herd" the guy's story, something struck me as off.....like why would he keep a rope around his neck after the "attackers" left? He may be telling the truth but did not sound right to me.... nor did Susan Smith's story when I first "herd" it..... Chuck Stuart's story was more believable..... I remember people being so incredibly upset/angry. It was awful. ;)
But, you didn't say anything about anything other than whataboutisms.

Why not just condemn jesse? Leave it there?
You mean the "actor"? If he made false statements to the police he should face punishment like everyone else. Why would I expect anything less than that? Would you? Who ever made the original post (the Caitlyn Jenner Avatar person I believe) is the person that initially made a comparison to "libs"...Bad people are bad people, don't you get it?
Still dreaming about trannys I see.

I sad another lib making up a racist story, there was no comparison. He is one of many over the past few years. He made it political when he said they yelled MAGA country and how he was a vocal 45 opponent. Watching all the Ds run to his support calling it a modern day lynching seal the deal. It was obviously fake from the beginning and the Ds(libs) ate it up. Just trying to stir up the racist BS. Would have been more believable if he said Coonman and the boys did it! :lol:

Chester, I didn’t say you made a comparison. You labeled the dude a “ lib”...that matters? Bad people are bad people. I thought he was beat up because he was gay not because of race? You mean he was jumped because he is a coon?
TrannyLoverDad said

is the person that initially made a comparison to "libs"...
Coonman is the Gov of Va college nickname. :lol:
Vail Shootout Champion 2017, 2018
Lake Placid Classic Champion 2018, 2019
Florida Lacrosse Classic Champion 2018 X2, 2019 x2
Who doesn't love ice cream!
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

laxman3221 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:17 am
runrussellrun wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:52 am Wow.....why can't people have the " that is messed up" when it comes people like Jesse Smullette. (like I say, 3 sides to every story )

But, I guess YOU doing the "whataboutism" routine is ok, but me pointing out YOUR "whataboutism" is annoying "whataboutism" that pretends hate.

cheek N tongue, 24/6, is not different that crying wolf. (SLAP......that's whataboutism again.....can't help myself )
Absolutely: What about bad people are bad people.......that's my whataboutism .... in case you missed it.....That is the point. Didn't know only "cons" were dirty? You mean there are also lying "libs"? What a shock! When I first "herd" the guy's story, something struck me as off.....like why would he keep a rope around his neck after the "attackers" left? He may be telling the truth but did not sound right to me.... nor did Susan Smith's story when I first "herd" it..... Chuck Stuart's story was more believable..... I remember people being so incredibly upset/angry. It was awful. ;)

You mean the "actor"? If he made false statements to the police he should face punishment like everyone else. Why would I expect anything less than that? Would you? Who ever made the original post (the Caitlyn Jenner Avatar person I believe) is the person that initially made a comparison to "libs"...Bad people are bad people, don't you get it?

I sad another lib making up a racist story, there was no comparison. He is one of many over the past few years. He made it political when he said they yelled MAGA country and how he was a vocal 45 opponent. Watching all the Ds run to his support calling it a modern day lynching seal the deal. It was obviously fake from the beginning and the Ds(libs) ate it up. Just trying to stir up the racist BS. Would have been more believable if he said Coonman and the boys did it! :lol:

Chester, I didn’t say you made a comparison. You labeled the dude a “ lib”...that matters? Bad people are bad people. I thought he was beat up because he was gay not because of race? You mean he was jumped because he is a coon?
TrannyLoverDad said

You also follow these clowns more than I do :lol: :lol: :lol:
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
laxman3221

Post by laxman3221 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:37 am
laxman3221 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:17 am

TrannyLoverDad said

You also follow these clowns more than I do :lol: :lol: :lol:
Riiiighhhhttt. Front page news, lead story on MSM. :lol:
Vail Shootout Champion 2017, 2018
Lake Placid Classic Champion 2018, 2019
Florida Lacrosse Classic Champion 2018 X2, 2019 x2
Who doesn't love ice cream!
frmanfan

Post by frmanfan »

a fan wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:04 am
frmanfan wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:50 am Why is everyone blaming Amazon for this? All they do is ask/demand, my kids used to do that, but sometimes you have to say no and let them stomp away mad. Let us blame the pols where the blame belongs. Here in Pittsburgh we have two newish pro stadiums. Voters voted no. Pols gave them money anyway. TAATS.
Absolutely correct! And we HAVE blamed this practice many times at the old cooler. NYState is one of the worse offenders, and it's largely the Dems doing it.

This is the entire point behind Ms. Cortez----she ran against one of these corporate Dems and won. "Vote them all out" is what so many of us have said. She ain't going to to be perfect, but I'm overjoyed with her so far.

BTW, Amazon also isn't paying Federal Corporate tax this year. Anyone catching on yet? Or should we lower corporate taxes again?

http://fortune.com/2019/02/14/amazon-do ... FfDTMVkO4w
Sorry fan, I don't share your enthusiasm for the latest big thing. She would just replace one set of policies of giving taxpayer money to favored groups to giving taxpayer money to her favored groups.

Heard the guv of our great state of PA on the radio this am. Only a politician could make this claim with a straight face. He has proposed raising the minimum wage to $12, and his justification is that he will save the taxpayers tons of money, because those making $7.25 to $12 now need all kinds of assistance from the state to survive, and they won't need that any more. Stated multiple times this will save the taxpayers money. But then at the end he adds, "and we can take that money and pay, for example, home health aides so they can take care of grandma, and we can stop the turnover in those jobs". I was waiting for the interviewer to point out the contradiction in his statements, but it was on our local NPR station, and he is a D guv, it wasn't going to happen.
A cold beer and a warm woman is all I need to keep me happy. Sometimes a cold beer is enough...
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Yep. Welcome to the world of Trump.

After all, that's what right wingers said about Obama when he was in the White House. ;)
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
a fan

Post by a fan »

frmanfan wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:02 pm Sorry fan, I don't share your enthusiasm for the latest big thing. She would just replace one set of policies of giving taxpayer money to favored groups to giving taxpayer money to her favored groups.
Yes! That's the ENTIRE point.

You seem to miss that with this Amazon deal, she just took what would have been $3 Billion----with a B----from Amazon, and gave it back to regular taxpayers and businesses in NY. You're trying to make it sound like this is a bad thing.

She can retire tomorrow, and she will have done more for regular NY'ers than 90% of their Representatives have in the last 100 years.

You want to be skeptical for what she will do in the future, that's fine, but that's a pretty big number that she just put up on the scoreboard....
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:34 pm
frmanfan wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:02 pm Sorry fan, I don't share your enthusiasm for the latest big thing. She would just replace one set of policies of giving taxpayer money to favored groups to giving taxpayer money to her favored groups.

You seem to miss that with this Amazon deal, she just took what would have been $3 Billion----with a B----from Amazon, and gave it back to regular taxpayers and businesses in NY. You're trying to make it sound like this is a bad thing.

She can retire tomorrow, and she will have done more for regular NY'ers than 90% of their Representatives have in the last 100 years.

You want to be skeptical for what she will do in the future, that's fine, but that's a pretty big number that she just put up on the scoreboard....
You act like 3 billion changed hands. it was 3 billion in future state taxes paid on revenue. The state has $0.00 invested.

What the state lost was SS, FICA NY state withholding on 300 million annual payroll. And the subsequent property taxes and sales taxes that come with 25,000 new jobs.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

A point of clarification - NY wasn’t “giving” Amazon $3B. They weren’t writing them a check. It’s not like they’ve now got $3B to spend somewhere else. Many of the politicians claiming victory in this (here’s looking at you, AOC), fought this as if now there’s $3B to spend on infrastructure and school teachers, and some of their constituents are actually taking that bait.

This statement isn’t made in defense of Amazon. I can’t stand the company, and its CEO even more. The effective business tax rates should be reduced for all instead of giving new employers a discount: just like new cable companies shouldn’t give discounts to new customers.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

6ftstick wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:59 pm

You act like 3 billion changed hands. it was 3 billion in future state taxes paid on revenue. The state has $0.00 invested.

What the state lost was SS, FICA NY state withholding on 300 million annual payroll. And the subsequent property taxes and sales taxes that come with 25,000 new jobs.
Get your calculator out, 6ft. The tax break was for 25,000 jobs at an average $150,000 income. That’s a $3.75B annual payroll.

I’m not saying it’s right, but I bet CO would give afan a whopping tax break if he had that type of annual payroll, and the small business owners around his plant/s would kiss his feet.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

So who do you hate more, Cortez or Bezos? :lol:

Has anyone else noticed how much Jeff Bezos looks like Dr. Evil?
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
DMac

Post by DMac »

I find that $150/yr average pay at Amazon hard to believe.
https://www.glassdoor.com/Hourly-Pay/Am ... -E6036.htm
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

DMac wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:35 pm I find that $150/yr average pay at Amazon hard to believe.
https://www.glassdoor.com/Hourly-Pay/Am ... -E6036.htm
Or course it's hard to believe.......it's a lie.
a fan

Post by a fan »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:15 pm Get your calculator out, 6ft. The tax break was for 25,000 jobs at an average $150,000 income. That’s a $3.75B annual payroll.

I’m not saying it’s right, but I bet CO would give afan a whopping tax break if he had that type of annual payroll, and the small business owners around his plant/s would kiss his feet.
This math and underlying logic is just flat out wrong.

Let me explain to you the flaws in the logic you're using here.....and the NY Dems, too, who tried to sign this stupid deal.

25,000 jobs. From Amazon. Tiddly winks. A nothing burger. Want a real number?

8,000,000. There are roughly 8,000,000 private jobs in New York State.

What you---and everyone else, apparently----are selling here is that it makes sense to let a company that employs a piddly 25,000 people.... pay no taxes, and yet all those thousand of companies who employ 8,000,000 people should not only pay their full tax share to the government, they should also pay the taxes for all the lost revenue from the piddly 25,000 employees from Amazon.

I don't understand why people think like this.

In addition, when folks try and use the insane argument that "a large business brings in other economic benefits", it forgets two things. One, ALL businesses bring in ancillary economic benefits. And two, and this is the big one---they forget the infrastructure stress that all companies put on the tax base.

In other words, does Amazon get police protection? Or snow removal from streets? Or access to courts? Or access to clean restaurants inspected by the .gov? Or road repairs for the increased traffic? Or access to schools? Or increased wear and tear on all government assets?

Yes, right? So in what world does it make sense to bring them here, and NOT have them pay for these services? Because who gets stuck with that tab? That's right: the 8,000,000 workers in NY State do.

The ONLY place this makes sense is that politicians, mostly Dems in NYState, get big fat campaign checks for these corporate handouts. That's it. Period. The rest is screwing over all the other people and businesses in NY.

If you think it's so important to attract business, that's totally cool: lower ALL the taxes for ALL businesses. Or eliminate them altogether, and stick the citizens with epic property taxes. I'm sure they'll LOVE that.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:31 pm Amazon pulls out of NYState!!!!

Okay guys. All you supposed Righties. Please, for the love of everything holy, tell me you're impressed by Cortez.

All the corruption we've been discussing all these years? All the handouts the Dems have given to NY Corporations and their stupid "no taxes to new business" scam that stuck the tax bill tab on guys like cradleandshoot?

So Ocascio runs for Congress to get rid of the corrupt Corporate Dem that all of us despise, wins the election, and gets the largest Corporation in the world cave to her (and others, obviously) pressure to not take all these corporate hand outs.

Bravo! Bravo!

Maybe look at her in a different light, folks? Or at least give her a tip of the hat for this particular action?

You don't have to agree with everything she's proposing (I know that I sure don't)---but she just saved NYState residents tens of millions of dollars.

Bully for her.
I bet Andy Cuomo disagrees with you a Fan. IMO if he could get his hands around AOC's neck there might be some very bad things going on. The problem with AOC a Fan is she is throwing her supporters on the FLP wing under the bus. You and 72 have a man crush on her but she is not a very smart person. She crapped in her own back yard and left it there for high ranking Democrats to scoop up. These folks are not very fond of picking up other peoples poop. AOC has pissed off people that she needs to move ahead. She is a flash in the pan because she plays by her own rules. You really think that is going to make a good impression with Nancy Pelosi or Chuck Schumer or Andy Cuomo? She has dipped her toes into a pond were free thinking and original ideas are filled with very hungry crocodiles that don't appreciate people that don't play by the rules.

For the record I love the fact that AOC rubbed Andy's face in the mud. Anybody that can make Andy Cuomo look like an idiot is okay by me. AOC has a big problem on her hands. She just made very big enemies of very powerful people that run this state. I don't think Andy and company will forget what was done to his big plan anytime soon. It is quite possible IMO that Andy hates AOC right now even more than he despises Trump. As far as Andy is concerned it's personal and he will want his pound of flesh from AOC's hide.
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.

Return to “POLITICS”