2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump FIRED

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:58 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:14 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:33 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:24 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:51 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:49 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:28 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:50 am
seacoaster wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:25 am
old salt wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:17 am
ggait wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:26 am At least these 7 conservative GOP congressfolk have a bit of a clue:

From a purely partisan perspective, Republican presidential candidates have won the national popular vote only once in the last 32 years. They have therefore depended on the electoral college for nearly all presidential victories in the last generation. If we perpetuate the notion that Congress may disregard certified electoral votes—based solely on its own assessment that one or more states mishandled the presidential election—we will be delegitimizing the very system that led Donald Trump to victory in 2016, and that could provide the only path to victory in 2024.

Word.

Doofuses like Salty, Hawley, Cruz and the 140 member House dumb-ass caucus need to think before speaking. States rights and the Electoral College are things that benefit the...wait for it...GOP. Wait, what?

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5324 ... -challenge
I agree with this part of their letter :
The elections held in at least six battleground states raise profound questions, and it is a legal, constitutional, and moral imperative that they be answered.
That's what is being done. Otherwise, it will be swept under the rug.
Such baloney. You reached the sad phase of your partisan episode.
Why are these republicans still sticking up for trump? They look like a complete bunch of idiots. This trump call to the SoS of Georgia was the most pathetic thing I have heard in a very long time. Go away trump, just go away, go play golf or something. The sad part is that this weed is now the face of the republican party. trump is making the democrats look brilliant, and that is a tough thing to do. The democrats just have to stand aside and watch trump implode all on his own.
You got it wrong. Schmidlap says it’s all by the book and for the betterment of the country. Trump is trying to save us from junk mail voting.
OS has his opinions and I respect the fact he stays loyal to his party. I'm judging that rat faced weasel trump by his own words and actions. The republican faithful should be running away from trump like he was a case of the clap.
Lindsey Graham called up Georgia officials and asked that they do something to overturn the election. Trump called..... you wonder what Trump had to say to Vlad after he cleared the room of all Americans.
This very sad episode is rock bottom for the republican party. IMO getting rid of trump should be a glorious and happy time for all Republicans. They still want to cling on to trump? Why???
Well, that's what happens when you drum out of the party as Rino's the moderate, rational types.

The Trump cult is all about power and hating the Dems, with the Dems just being an analogue for all those Others that they resent, fear, and hate. That hate is not going to disappear with Trump.
All things considered you moderate Republicans are still the equivalent of kissing your sister.
Extending the analogy to the ugly, the moderate Republicans would kiss their sisters on the cheek, the Trumpist would drunkenly toss their sisters on the bed and f-them. Ahh, just passion!
Thanks MD, that is the best laugh I have had so far this year. See what you can do when you step out of your moderate shadow? I always knew you had it in in you. I don't think i have ever said this about you before... spoken like a true republican. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Your crass sense of humor does not always shine through like that. ;)
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

njbill wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:11 pm Mikey and the Senate parliamentarian had a long meeting on Sunday. Hopefully she taped the meeting.
"OK so far?"

Mike nods.

"Good. So then you open the envelopes and count the votes. Then, when you are finished counting, you say the number. If you count 16, you say, for example, 'Georgia, sixteen certified electoral votes for Joseph R. Biden for President.' That's about it."
ggait

Post by ggait »

Man -- this Hawley dude makes Ted Cruz seem like-able. Here's what weasel Hawley tweets:

Tonight while I was in Missouri, Antifa scumbags came to our place in DC and threatened my wife and newborn daughter, who can’t travel. They screamed threats, vandalized, and tried to pound open our door. Let me be clear: My family & I will not be intimidated by leftwing violence

Now “vigil” means screaming threats through bullhorns, vandalizing property, pounding on the doors of homes and terrorizing innocent people and children

.@washingtonpost
this morning printing outright lies from the Antifa group who now describe themselves as sweet angels. BS. You screamed through bullhorns, shouted down my wife when she asked you to leave, vandalized property, pounded on our door, and terrorized neighbors

And didn’t have the guts to do it in daylight, but only under cover of darkness so you could hide. You’re scum. And we won’t be intimidated

Whoa -- Sounds pretty bad. Dastardly Antifas committing violence and terror against defense-less wife and infant. And Josh is so brave and heroic!!

Turns out (of course) that Hawley is completely full of shirt. The video proving it is on the web. Total whiney weasel -- Josh obviously can't stand the mildly warm temperatures coming from the kitchen he barged into.

The real story:

Protesters who gathered outside the Virginia home of Republican Sen. Josh Hawley Monday evening were peaceful and they left when police explained they were violating local picketing laws, police said Tuesday. The Missouri senator claimed on Twitter that the group had been engaged in “leftwing violence.”

Officers were called to Hawley’s home in Vienna, a Washington suburb, home around 7:45 p.m. after someone reported that there were “people protesting in front of the house.” Officers who responded to the scene found that the “people were peaceful,” said Master Police Officer Juan Vazquez, a spokesman for the Town of Vienna Police Department.

Vazquez said the protesters had been violating several laws, including a Virginia code about picketing in front of a house, a town ordinance about making noise in front of a home and a littering code. But he said the officers explained the violations and “everyone just left.”

“There were no issues, no arrests,” he said. “We didn’t think it was that big of a deal.”

Hawley accused the group of vandalism and threats against his family.

But the group, ShutdownDC, posted a nearly hour-long video that showed about a dozen protesters arriving at Hawley’s home, chanting and shouting through a megaphone, walking up to his doorstep, waving signs and writing on the sidewalk with chalk.

The video shows the group meeting in a nearby parking lot, discussing how they plan to protest and chant in front of his home and then shows them walking about two blocks to his home. Outside the home, they lit candles, chanted through megaphones and held signs that read, “Respect the votes. Trump lost!” and “You don’t have the votes!”

The activists also said they were leaving a copy of the U.S. Constitution on Hawley’s doorstep before a group of three people walk up to the stoop.

At one point in the video, police arrive at the home and one officer can be heard asking, “Can we maybe quiet down until we have a supervisor out here?” At least three officers can be seen standing on the sidewalk in front of Hawley’s home.

The group said via Twitter it was “disappointing” that Hawley “would resort to calling us ‘scumbags.’ But if he must (we’re) happy to call him a snowflake.”

Weasel Hawley has as much evidence/basis for his violent persecution at the hands of Antifa as he does of anti-Trump election fraud. Can only hope he continues to be shamed and blowbacked for his sliminess.

Although I will say that writing on the sidewalk in chalk is completely beyond the pale. Outrageous!!

https://www.stltoday.com/news/national/ ... 16c2d.html
Last edited by ggait on Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:06 am
I don't like Trump or hold him in high regard, but I think just as little of his opponents & I strongly disagree with many of their policies.
Salty -- honest questions for you:

1. What do you think of Trump's call with the Ga Secy of State? Unethical? yes Illegal? no Impeachable (putting aside the time constraint of Trump's term about to end)? no Something pols do all the time? yes. hardball politics. normally not taped & leaked. In this case, I don't fault the GA SoS for the leak. It was unclassified & did not impact national security. It was incredibly stupid for Trump, but not surprising. It should damage him politically & haunt him going forward. Makes Trump looks bad, deservedly so.

2. What did you think of Trump's call with Zelensky? hardball diplomacy. It happens all the time. It's just not leaked & criminalized. Congressional pressure was forcing the approval of the aid before the deadline. The stuff on Hunter was real, is now coming out, & asking for it was no different than receiving the black ledger on Manafort..

3. You think what Boxer did in 2005 is pretty much the same thing as what Trump, 12 Senators and 140 House members are doing now?
In principle, yes. they are using the process to go on the record, put down a marker & focus attention on an issue. imho -- it is being hyped into much more than it actually is.

When answering, please reflect the context.

So, for example, on #3 recognize that Kerry conceded on election night while Trump still claims as of tonight that he won GA and the whole election. Or on #1 that Trump has spent 2 months and 60 losing lawsuits claiming he won and was robbed. Or that #2 is a behavior pattern seen often from Trump -- #2 is basically the same shtick as #1 for example.Gore conceded, then took ot back. HRC conceded, the called Trump illegit his entire term & encouraged Biden not to concede, regardless of the results.
old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:20 pm @washingtonpost

The real story:

Vazquez said the protesters had been violating several laws, including a Virginia code about picketing in front of a house, a town ordinance about making noise in front of a home and a littering code. But he said the officers explained the violations and “everyone just left.”

... the group, ShutdownDC, posted a nearly hour-long video that showed about a dozen protesters arriving at Hawley’s home, chanting and shouting through a megaphone, walking up to his doorstep, waving signs and writing on the sidewalk with chalk.

The video shows the group meeting in a nearby parking lot, discussing how they plan to protest and chant in front of his home and then shows them walking about two blocks to his home. Outside the home, they lit candles, chanted through megaphones and held signs that read, “Respect the votes. Trump lost!” and “You don’t have the votes!”

At one point in the video, police arrive at the home and one officer can be heard asking, “Can we maybe quiet down until we have a supervisor out here?” At least three officers can be seen standing on the sidewalk in front of Hawley’s home.
So it's ok for a Jacobin mob to enter his property, pound on his door, & yell at his wife & family (home alone) through a megaphone ?
No threat there. Just normal LW Antifa intimidation tactics. That will play great back in MO, making him a folk hero.
Last edited by old salt on Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ggait

Post by ggait »

So it's ok for a Jacobin mob to enter his property, pound on his door, & yell at his wife & family (home alone) through a megaphone ?
So predictable Salty.

If Hawley wants to prosecute the lawless terrorizing mob, it should be pretty easy. Since the lawless mob posted video of their entire crazy violent protest.

Feel free to watch the video of the entire protest yourself. Hawley says this is violent terror. The police say peaceful and no big deal.

If Hawley wants to be president, he better find himself some big boy pants.

https://www.stltoday.com/online/watch-t ... 2e7df.html

P.S. I'm going to have to google up what Jacobin means.... ;)
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:39 pm
So predictable Salty.

If Hawley wants to prosecute the lawless terrorizing mob, it should be pretty easy. Since the lawless mob posted video of their entire crazy violent protest.

Feel free to watch the video of the entire protest yourself. Hawley says this is violent terror. The police say peaceful and no big deal.

:lol: ...I found their Due Diligence chant particularly stirring. They're arming up for a fight in the Ozarks.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:08 pm
ggait wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:39 pm
So predictable Salty.

:lol: ...I found their Due Diligence chant particularly stirring. They're arming up for a fight in the Ozarks.
:(
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

old salt wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:20 pm
I don't like Trump or hold him in high regard, but I think just as little of his opponents & I strongly disagree with many of their policies.

1. What do you think of Trump's call with the Ga Secy of State? Unethical? yes Illegal? no Impeachable (putting aside the time constraint of Trump's term about to end)? no Something pols do all the time? yes. hardball politics. normally not taped & leaked. In this case, I don't fault the GA SoS for the leak. It was unclassified & did not impact national security. It was incredibly stupid for Trump, but not surprising. It should damage him politically & haunt him going forward. Makes Trump looks bad, deservedly so.

2. What did you think of Trump's call with Zelensky? hardball diplomacy. It happens all the time. It's just not leaked & criminalized. Congressional pressure was forcing the approval of the aid before the deadline. The stuff on Hunter was real, is now coming out, & asking for it was no different than receiving the black ledger on Manafort..

3. You think what Boxer did in 2005 is pretty much the same thing as what Trump, 12 Senators and 140 House members are doing now?
In principle, yes. they are using the process to go on the record, put down a marker & focus attention on an issue. imho -- it is being hyped into much more than it actually is.

So, for example, on #3 recognize that Kerry conceded on election night while Trump still claims as of tonight that he won GA and the whole election. Or on #1 that Trump has spent 2 months and 60 losing lawsuits claiming he won and was robbed. Or that #2 is a behavior pattern seen often from Trump -- #2 is basically the same shtick as #1 for example.Gore conceded, then took ot back. HRC conceded, the called Trump illegit his entire term & encouraged Biden not to concede, regardless of the results.
You really think it is ordinary, run of the mill "hardball politics" to have the President of the United States calling, with his Chief of Staff and lawyers on the phone, and asking a State election official to find a specific number of votes for him? You are out of your mind, or a closet (pretty well ajar, now) authoritarian.

And it is plainly and clearly impeachable conduct. You need to read up.
old salt

Post by old salt »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:02 pm

You really think it is ordinary, run of the mill "hardball politics" to have the President of the United States calling, with his Chief of Staff and lawyers on the phone, and asking a State election official to find a specific number of votes for him? You are out of your mind, or a closet (pretty well ajar, now) authoritarian.

It depends on how you interpret "find". You are a zealot who thinks everything must be criminalized.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Ted Cruz shivs Hawley.

Cruz now says he will object to AZ's electoral votes.

The states are read off alphabetically. So Cruz snatches the news coverage thunder from Hawley -- whose objection to PA's results will come much later in the drama.

There's just no honor among traitors any more. Sad.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:32 pm

It depends on how you interpret "find". You are a zealot who thinks everything must be criminalized.
Seditious encouragement/extortion of election fraud is indeed criminal. And it's quite clear that Trump did exactly that. Totally uninterested in the truth, totally uninterested in legal processes, he just wants enough votes to win "recalculated" announced by the Sec of State..."give me a break". Expects him to do it as a Republican and threatens legal jeopardy if he doesn't.

What happened to the GA US Attorney on Monday....??
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:31 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:32 pm

Seditious encouragement/extortion of election fraud is indeed criminal. And it's quite clear that Trump did exactly that. Totally uninterested in the truth, totally uninterested in legal processes, he just wants enough votes to win "recalculated" announced by the Sec of State..."give me a break". Expects him to do it as a Republican and threatens legal jeopardy if he doesn't.

What happened to the GA US Attorney on Monday....??
Trump’s actions on the Ukraine call and the call with Georgia election officials were definitely unethical and impeachable, and very possibly illegal. Trump is the most corrupt and dishonest president in American history ... and it’s not even close.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:31 pmWhat happened to the GA US Attorney on Monday....??
He defended himself brilliantly & blew up Trump's 2024 campaign.
He generated an endless supply of audio clips for anti-Trump ads.
He sank the Bismark !
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:44 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:31 pmWhat happened to the GA US Attorney on Monday....??
He sank the Bismark !
His actions were traitorous
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

He sank the Bismark !
Or refused to prosecute or threaten the GOP Governor, GOP Sec of State, other GOP election officials in GA as urged by Trump? Mentioned by Trump on the Saturday call released on Sunday when Trump called him a Never Trumper despite having put him in the job himself...

Or just coincidence?
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:51 pm
He sank the Bismark !
Or refused to prosecute or threaten the GOP Governor, GOP Sec of State, other GOP election officials in GA as urged by Trump? Mentioned by Trump on the Saturday call released on Sunday when Trump called him a Never Trumper despite having put him in the job himself...

Or just coincidence?
:roll: ...what are you fulminating about now ? No,never mind. Forget I asked.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Everything that Trump touches dies.

Unless you are Rudy or his kids, when The Donald comes calling, run away as fast as you can.

Cleta Mitchell, a lawyer who assisted President Donald Trump on the January 2 call when Trump pressured Georgia officials to "find" him votes, has resigned from her law firm.

National law firm Foley & Lardner previously said it was "concerned" with Mitchell's involvement in Trump's call with Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, and said the firm wasn't engaged in any legal work challenging the election results. Tuesday, it announced Mitchell was no longer with the firm.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Live Georgia Senate Election Results https://nyti.ms/2LjKsZk
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Not clear this is bad for her. She wants her share of Trump's half-billion-dollar slush fund, and doesn't want to cut her former firm a big slice.

Return to “POLITICS”