All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

a fan

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:26 pm New York: 32,000 deaths.

Florida: 3,200

10 to 1.

Same population.

Florida has much worse demographics.

‘BUT FLORIDA!!!!’

🤡’s
What does NY have ANYTHING to do with the situation in your home State, Pete?

Best of luck down there.....
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:16 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:26 pm New York: 32,000 deaths.

Florida: 3,200

10 to 1.

Same population.

Florida has much worse demographics.

‘BUT FLORIDA!!!!’

🤡’s
What does NY have ANYTHING to do with the situation in your home State, Pete?

Best of luck down there.....

You raised Florida first. I just thought a more nuanced and possibly brighter take might be that some states (which ones would that be?) are significantly, even stratospherically, worse than Florida. 'BUT FLORIDA!!!'

The transparency hurts. But I feel for you because you read articles like this and go with narratives which are idiotic:

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/w ... surge.html

which say "two of Palm Beach County's 17 hospitals have met ICU bed capacity", not realizing that those two hospitals are the tiniest hospitals in that county, with 6 and 10 ICU beds total.

Like I said, clowns. Don't be one.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

is the nba still planning on playing down in fla? haven't been on an espn outlet in weeks.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:26 pm You raised Florida first. I just thought a more nuanced and possibly brighter take might be that some states (which ones would that be?) are significantly, even stratospherically, worse than Florida. 'BUT FLORIDA!!!'
Why are you bringing up other States? We're talking about Florida and Texas.

If you can think about someone other that yourself for one second------bar and restaurant owners in FLA and TX just took a massive financial hit today over this virus that you personally think is no big deal.

You and I are in essential businesses. Not everyone is so lucky. Empathy, Pete. Think of someone besides yourself for five seconds.
a fan

Post by a fan »

a fan wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:32 pm If you can think about someone other that yourself for one second------bar and restaurant owners in FLA and TX just took a massive financial hit today over this virus that you personally think is no big deal.

You and I are in essential businesses. Not everyone is so lucky. Empathy, Pete. Think of someone besides yourself for five seconds.
And here's a perfect example of thinking of someone besides yourself, Pete...
wgdsr wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:26 pm is the nba still planning on playing down in fla? haven't been on an espn outlet in weeks.
How many millions will your State lose if this is shut down, Pete?
ggait

Post by ggait »

So the median age of people being tested currently is 35, as compared to 65 a couple months back.

So seems reasonable to assume/hope that the death rates that we will see in 2-4 weeks will be lower than what we saw during the April peak.

So hopefully, we won't be going back to the 2,000 daily deaths of the April peak. More likely is that daily deaths will just keep going sideways at 600-700 rather than continuing to decline as they had been doing.

Or we could tick back up towards 1,000 per day.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

pence just reiterated looks like we saved 2 million american lives. china travel ban a charm.
i didn't really hear anything else, but i did hear task force, so it's still in place?
always love it when i hear a task force is in motion.
Bart

Post by Bart »

CU88 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:08 am We still know next to nothing about this virus.

New Nature study shows that 2/3 of those asymptomatic with Covid-19 had ground-glass opacity abnormalities (lung damage) in at least one lung, and 1/3 showed ground-glass opacities in both lungs. Young people are *not* immune!

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0965-6
Could it just be residual inflamation? Could this happen with the common cold? Since we do not take chest x-rays of people with common colds or minor infuenza this may be nothing or it may be something. Will it go away in a week? Two? What do the lungs of people who have a cold from a corona virus look like? As interesting as the finding and the question it answered are,with out answers to the other questions it is just an interesting observation.

No one has said that young people are immune.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

ggait wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:41 pm So the median age of people being tested currently is 35, as compared to 65 a couple months back.

So seems reasonable to assume/hope that the death rates that we will see in 2-4 weeks will be lower than what we saw during the April peak.

So hopefully, we won't be going back to the 2,000 daily deaths of the April peak. More likely is that daily deaths will just keep going sideways at 600-700 rather than continuing to decline as they had been doing.

Or we could tick back up towards 1,000 per day.
a win.
no way we are getting out of this without luck, some prudence somewhere, a therapy or the good ole vacc.

on the bright side, paranoia is sufficiently being heightened rightly or wrongly (doesn't matter), and believe it or not public sentiment might even move the needle on the commander.
Last edited by wgdsr on Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:38 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:34 am
tech37 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:21 am
jhu72 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:16 am
runrussellrun wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:59 am
jhu72 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:35 am What do you call an Arizona governor who gets sideways with the AARP? A governor who outlaws the wearing of masks during the pandemic only to see his state's COVID-19 outbreak get totally out of control.

Ex-governor Dougie Douchebag. Maybe his brother can get him a job at Faux News. :lol:

Aside: I see the shallow end of the gene pool needs cleaning again, what with Peanut Butters and Fatty doing their worst to waste everyone's time.
By asking : "was event 201 a waste of time? "...

....IS, a waste of time? :lol:

YOU.....are the problem. Cops still loving your expensive automobile in Baltimore?
Service Unavailable (503) - Shallow End of Gene Pool Overflow.
Even the elitist gene pool you swim in 72, has mutations :lol:
+1 :lol: :lol: :lol:
Service Unavailable (503) - Shallow End of Gene Pool Overflow.
Haven't seen you posting much on here lately 72, where ya been?... so many Antifa gatherings, so little time :lol:
ggait

Post by ggait »

WG -- I know the IHME projections are sub-optimal. But better than having nothing when trying to make decisions in the middle of the battle.

So FWIW, they project 538 daily deaths at September 1 on our current path. Versus 96 per day if we go universal masks.

So let's go with Little Marco -- wear the darn mask!!

Especially since there's zero downside of wearing masks. Unless you think like Petey Cry Wolf Gator Troll Boy Brown.

Since PCWGTBB thinks masks are the preferred tool of the TDS FLPs to bring about their preferred totalitarian extermination of all freedom in the USA. But then he also believes George Floyd died of other causes. Gross. Stupid. Predictable.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Aaron Rupar curating the gaslighting session:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1276560780968759301
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

ggait wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:03 pm WG -- I know the IHME projections are sub-optimal. But better than having nothing when trying to make decisions in the middle of the battle.

So FWIW, they project 538 daily deaths at September 1 on our current path. Versus 96 per day if we go universal masks.

Especially since there's zero downside of wearing masks. Unless you think like Petey Cry Wolf Gator Troll Boy Brown.

Since PCWGTBB thinks masks are the preferred tool of the TDS FLPs to bring about their preferred totalitarian extermination of all freedom in the USA. But then he also believes George Floyd died of other causes. Gross. Stupid. Predictable.
as i don't think i'll be swaying anyone's decisions and only really risk the ire of the experts on fanlax... the downside isn't zero.
the WHO says so.
there are at least several + "potential" issues with masks and frankly there wouldn't have been all the waffling with major health orgs if that wasn't the case.
that said, i jump in the mask doggy pile for a preponderence of evidence and yeah... if any and all of us want to argue for laws as well as freedoms within reason we should at least try to be on board unless it's a cause worth rebellion.
your crazy modeling guys at ihme notwithstanding.

to me, it is much more a matter of behavior (which can include masks). our behavior will set the direction.
ggait

Post by ggait »

WG -- so what's the risk of wearing a mask?

That it will give folks a false sense of security and lead to riskier behavior? Kind of like how people argue against wearing seatbelts or skiing with helmets?

Or that people will touch the mask, get Covid on their hands and then infect themselves with dirty hands?

Do you think that masks are a net positive all things considered?
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:20 pm
ggait wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:03 pm WG -- I know the IHME projections are sub-optimal. But better than having nothing when trying to make decisions in the middle of the battle.

as i don't think i'll be swaying anyone's decisions and only really risk the ire of the experts on fanlax... the downside isn't zero.
the WHO says so.
there are at least several + "potential" issues with masks and frankly there wouldn't have been all the waffling with major health orgs if that wasn't the case.
that said, i jump in the mask doggy pile for a preponderence of evidence and yeah... if any and all of us want to argue for laws as well as freedoms within reason we should at least try to be on board unless it's a cause worth rebellion.

to me, it is much more a matter of behavior (which can include masks). our behavior will set the direction.
I would think that the upside (that mask/facial covering wearing) is dominant over the downside. Visited my daughter (lives in a fairly major city in the Midwest) this past weekend, and it is clear that no one seems to be without one in the city limits, and usually does not have it over their face unless in pretty close quarters outside, or upon entering a business. Did see a few older people (compared to me at 63) pull up masks while walking down a rail trail when passing the opposite direction...

Get out into the burbs and the mask wearing diminishes a little.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:11 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:02 pm
At the very least, can you not see how the Democrats are not letting a good crisis go to waste? So, blaming tRump is NOT a plot to take him out. got it? Can't even see a narrative, no matter how tiny, eh, afan?
For a guy who gets all worked up when you think someone is putting words in your mouth....you sure do a lot of it yourself.

You're stepping into a months long conversation, where you obviously missed half of the context. I'll give you the context....

Months ago, TrumpNation and many posters here claimed that Dem governors were intentionally shutting their States down to apply economic damage that will hurt Trump in November. That the shutdowns were unnecessary, and the Dem Governors were only doing it to hit Trump.

I was pointing to now both TX and FLA---Republican Governors----- and asking them if they were in on the plot to take Trump out.

That's it. No tinfoil hat needed.

I have said the same thing from the word go, RRR: each governor and Trump are doing the best they can in a no-win situation. Each State's situation is different. Some have high density cities in NYC. Some have a ton of AG workers living in close proximity. Some are just miles of prairies.

And there isn't such thing as "a right move" in this mess. If you loosen up "too much", people die. If you loosen up "too little", people suffer economically. And no one can say what "too much" or "too little is"....and the situation changes almost hourly.
Were you pre law at some time a Fan? That is a pretty damn good summation if I do say so.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

RedFromMI wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:36 pm
wgdsr wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:20 pm

the WHO says so.

I would think that the upside (that mask/facial covering wearing) is dominant over the downside. Visited my daughter (lives in a fairly major city in the Midwest) this past weekend, and it is clear that no one seems to be without one in the city limits, and usually does not have it over their face unless in pretty close quarters outside, or upon entering a business. Did see a few older people (compared to me at 63) pull up masks while walking down a rail trail when passing the opposite direction...

Get out into the burbs and the mask wearing diminishes a little.
Mask wearing should not be on the downside. It is one of the easiest things we can all do to help protect every one. I am not a person easily persuaded to so something I really dont like doing. Wearing a mask is a no brainer.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
tech37

Post by tech37 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:37 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:11 pm
And there isn't such thing as "a right move" in this mess. If you loosen up "too much", people die. If you loosen up "too little", people suffer economically. And no one can say what "too much" or "too little is"....and the situation changes almost hourly.
Were you pre law at some time a Fan? That is a pretty damn good summation if I do say so.
Yep... +1 a fan
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

ggait wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:31 pm WG -- so what's the risk of wearing a mask?

That it will give folks a false sense of security and lead to riskier behavior? Kind of like how people argue against wearing seatbelts or skiing with helmets?

Or that people will touch the mask, get Covid on their hands and then infect themselves with dirty hands?

Do you think that masks are a net positive all things considered?
that's several of them.
https://www.who.int/emergencies/disease ... -and-masks

here's one page from the who website, they also put out a couple page handout in early june. they were even farther right before then (june 7).

americans don't know how to use them. they're probably in a worse spot than a message like this to for example asia.

there are potential real health issues. but not confirmed on +/-.

cloth masks in particular... which is basically what everyone is using.... are likely far less reliable if effective more than marginally in getting the virus. covid particles can be much smaller than a cloth mask prevents. a help at keeping it from others. the precise calculus on that for putting people together thinking masks have us covered? you don't have it, bc no one does.

net positive... i'm hoping so, most evidence i can discern points to probably. now about people not packing together places...
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Covid 'expert advice' timeline:

No human to human transmission, but there is

Death rate is 2%, but it's not

Ventilators work, but they don't

Stay home, but go outside

Lockdown is to flatten the curve, but it's not

Masks don't work, but they do

No family visits, protests ok

Any wonder why normal Americans are skeptical?

Zuby

Return to “POLITICS”