All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

6ftstick

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:07 pm Case in point, Pete's got it all figured out down in Florida, right?

Right.

Whoops...

Headline: Bars in Florida can no longer serve alcohol for 'on premises consumption'
Coronavirus cases in Florida skyrocket by nearly 9,000 in one day, setting new record

https://www.wptv.com/news/state/bars-in ... NvlO9QM83c
Don't hear you making any noise about the biggest criminal in this covid mess Andrew Cuomo. 6,000 dead in nursing homes. No family. Buried alone.

Twice the total deaths in all of Florida. Florida the state you won't shut up about.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:13 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:10 pm And now Texas, too....

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott issued an executive order today that limits certain businesses and services as part of the state’s effort to "contain the spread of Covid-19."

Texas is among at least 11 states seeing a 50% increase or more in cases compared to the previous week.

Here is what the order includes:

All bars that get more than 51% of their gross receipts from the sale of alcoholic beverages are required to close at 12:00 p.m. today.
These businesses may remain open for delivery and take-out, including for alcoholic beverages, as authorized by the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission.
Restaurants can remain open for dine-in service, but their capacities can not exceed 50% of total listed indoor occupancy, beginning on Monday.
Rafting and tubing businesses must close.
Outdoor gatherings of 100 or more people must be approved by local governments, with certain exceptions.

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/cor ... dec54ddd50
Effn Democrats
If any of the board's tinfoil hat geniuses want to come in and explain how this is just a plot to take down Trump, and how the Republicans are bold and brave and tough in the face of those weak Dems...... the floor is yours.

Dazzle us with your brilliance and insight..... I'm sure the virus will wilt at the sight of the little R by your name.

Next up? These States begging for financial bailouts as their summer tax revenues go "poof".
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:05 pm
wgdsr wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:37 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:26 am
CU88 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:08 am We still know next to nothing about this virus.

New Nature study shows that 2/3 of those asymptomatic with Covid-19 had ground-glass opacity abnormalities (lung damage) in at least one lung, and 1/3 showed ground-glass opacities in both lungs. Young people are *not* immune!

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0965-6
"We still know next to nothing about this virus."

Props to you CU for telling us this very simple fact. My wife comes home every day from her nursing job and tells me the same thing only using words I can't repeat here. The people on the front lines fighting this virus and watching the rules they work under change every damn day don't know what the flip is going on. My wife tells me these same words every damn day... nobody knows anything about this virus..............
you should direct her higher ups here.
Tell that to the medical geniuses here who point at death rates to "prove" that the virus is no big deal.

The virus isn't even a year old. And these "add water, and I'm an instant medical expert" idiots that we're dealing with in the millions have NO IDEA if this virus will confer long term damage.

So what do they do? Point to the death rate, claim it's no big deal, and act like everyone else is an idiot to proceed with even reasonable precautions.
.....there you go again, putting words in peoples mouths.....

Better to quote your "experts" from your fecesbook feed, yes?

Meanwhile, I am an idiot because I am scratching my head at THIS advice.......just add a Bill Gates vaccine, stir...and wallah.....we get Dr. Fauci.

It's a big deal for the old, the sick. You know, people confined INDOORS.....and the staff's at these places were told to NOT wear a mask.

Sorry, this guy (Fauci) has had two decades to get this right. And you are calling me an idiot?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
a fan

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:16 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:07 pm Case in point, Pete's got it all figured out down in Florida, right?

Right.

Whoops...

Headline: Bars in Florida can no longer serve alcohol for 'on premises consumption'
Coronavirus cases in Florida skyrocket by nearly 9,000 in one day, setting new record

Don't hear you making any noise about the biggest criminal in this covid mess Andrew Cuomo. 6,000 dead in nursing homes. No family. Buried alone.

Twice the total deaths in all of Florida. Florida the state you won't shut up about.
:lol: As usual, you miss the point. I'm not criticizing Florida or Texas.

I'm criticizing Pete and others for telling us...in no particular order....that this is plot to take out Trump; that this virus is no big deal; that the Dems States are foolishly harming the economy; and the R States have it all figured out.....and on and on and on.

I'm criticizing other posters, 6ft. Not the the FLA or TX governors who are doing the best they can in an no-win situation, with a population that thinks that wearing a mask in public is "hard".
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:21 pm

Right.

Whoops...

I'm criticizing Pete and others for telling us...in no particular order....that this is plot to take out Trump; that this virus is no big deal; that the Dems States are foolishly harming the economy; and the R States have it all figured out.....and on and on and on.

I'm criticizing other posters, 6ft. Not the the FLA or TX governors who are doing the best they can in an no-win situation, with a population that thinks that wearing a mask in public is "hard".

New York: 32,000 deaths.

Florida: 3,200

10 to 1.

Same population.

Florida has much worse demographics.

‘BUT FLORIDA!!!!’

🤡’s
Last edited by Peter Brown on Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

You mean, like the nursing home staffs? Or Old Solidiers home staffs? exactly WHOM should have been wearing PPE's in early March, Dr. Fauci?

from the 60 minutes video:

LaPook: But it can lead to a shortage of masks?

Fauci: Exactly, that’s the point. It could lead to a shortage of masks for the people who really need it.

I will ask again, WHOM were the people that really, really needed it?
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:21 pm .....there you go again, putting words in peoples mouths.....

Better than you? You bet. Gee, why wouldn't I take advice from "some guy on the internet"? I must be dumb.

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:21 pm Sorry, this guy (Fauci) has had two decades to get this right. And you are calling me an idiot?
Two decades to get a virus right that's not even one year old? Neat. Fauci can time travel now?

Are you so out on the ledge that you think that Fauci is in charge, and doesn't have to deal with politics? Doesn't have to run everything through Trump?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Right.

Whoops...

be specific, besides Pete, who can't argue his way out of a wet bag of water (perhaps that is why you engage so often with him ! ;) , who are you speaking of? Or to?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:28 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:21 pm .....there you go again, putting words in peoples mouths.....

Better than you? You bet. Gee, why wouldn't I take advice from "some guy on the internet"? I must be dumb.

Than why are you hear? To pontificate your prowess of people who are in the know. Congrats.
runrussellrun wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:21 pm Sorry, this guy (Fauci) has had two decades to get this right. And you are calling me an idiot?
Two decades to get a virus right that's not even one year old? Neat. Fauci can time travel now?

What part of preparing for a pandemic aren't you understanding? Don't wear facemasks, (March), because of a shortage in PPE's. No requirements to have, in hand, inventory you can touch, not virtual, PPE's for all licensed medical facilities? Including hospice homes? 30 day supply, of PPE's, for every bed. Gee, that was hard :roll: yet dr. Fauci, and friends, with billions and billions, and years and years got nothing? Any you hide them behind the "gotta play politics" shield. It's laughable.

Are you so out on the ledge that you think that Fauci is in charge, and doesn't have to deal with politics? Doesn't have to run everything through Trump?
Again, why are you hear? If your value of other posters comments are invaluable, why are you here? Just to chest thump. "look at me...look at what I am doing to help". or....."look who I know that is helping "

yup. the rest are tripe. got it.

let us know who qualifies as value added to help just you out. Bill Gates knows what about virus? exactly........
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:29 pm

Right.

Whoops...

be specific, besides Pete, who can't argue his way out of a wet bag of water (perhaps that is why you engage so often with him ! ;) , who are you speaking of? Or to?
Pence just mentioned that under Trump’s leadership, the administration has executed a broad based response. Good thing he didn’t say robust.
“I wish you would!”
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:21 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:05 pm
wgdsr wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:37 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:26 am
CU88 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:08 am We still know next to nothing about this virus.

New Nature study shows that 2/3 of those asymptomatic with Covid-19 had ground-glass opacity abnormalities (lung damage) in at least one lung, and 1/3 showed ground-glass opacities in both lungs. Young people are *not* immune!

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0965-6
"We still know next to nothing about this virus."

Props to you CU for telling us this very simple fact. My wife comes home every day from her nursing job and tells me the same thing only using words I can't repeat here. The people on the front lines fighting this virus and watching the rules they work under change every damn day don't know what the flip is going on. My wife tells me these same words every damn day... nobody knows anything about this virus..............
you should direct her higher ups here.
Tell that to the medical geniuses here who point at death rates to "prove" that the virus is no big deal.

The virus isn't even a year old. And these "add water, and I'm an instant medical expert" idiots that we're dealing with in the millions have NO IDEA if this virus will confer long term damage.

So what do they do? Point to the death rate, claim it's no big deal, and act like everyone else is an idiot to proceed with even reasonable precautions.
.....there you go again, putting words in peoples mouths.....

Meanwhile, I am an idiot because I am scratching my head at THIS advice.......just add a Bill Gates vaccine, stir...and wallah.....we get Dr. Fauci.

It's a big deal for the old, the sick. You know, people confined INDOORS.....and the staff's at these places were told to NOT wear a mask.

Sorry, this guy (Fauci) has had two decades to get this right. And you are calling me an idiot?
Lighten up a little, Francis.
seacoaster

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by seacoaster »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:49 am
seacoaster wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:00 pm
6ftstick wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:09 am So who's gonna develop and produce a vaccine for this potential pandemic and others to come?

Oh no the hideous evil greedy pharmaceutical companies.

Thank God when Bernie wins there won't be any of those left in business.
You have to get someone on the 6Foot Home Planet to review these first. Your stupidity has a nearly magical quality sometimes.
Or, you could have just educated him on how it really works. How it all started with the Bahy-Dole act. Instead, you called him stupid. How loving of you.
I am pretty certain that the text attributed to me here is not mine. Please stick with my own ill-mannered responses; there are plenty to choose from.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:18 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:13 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:10 pm And now Texas, too....

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott issued an executive order today that limits certain businesses and services as part of the state’s effort to "contain the spread of Covid-19."

Texas is among at least 11 states seeing a 50% increase or more in cases compared to the previous week.

Here is what the order includes:

All bars that get more than 51% of their gross receipts from the sale of alcoholic beverages are required to close at 12:00 p.m. today.
These businesses may remain open for delivery and take-out, including for alcoholic beverages, as authorized by the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission.
Restaurants can remain open for dine-in service, but their capacities can not exceed 50% of total listed indoor occupancy, beginning on Monday.
Rafting and tubing businesses must close.
Outdoor gatherings of 100 or more people must be approved by local governments, with certain exceptions.

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/cor ... dec54ddd50
Effn Democrats
If any of the board's tinfoil hat geniuses want to come in and explain how this is just a plot to take down Trump, and how the Republicans are bold and brave and tough in the face of those weak Dems...... the floor is yours.

Dazzle us with your brilliance and insight..... I'm sure the virus will wilt at the sight of the little R by your name.

Next up? These States begging for financial bailouts as their summer tax revenues go "poof".
Sound's like the government, once again, is picking bu$$ine$$ winners and losers.

When idiots blamed Obama for his pandemic responses, they were not a plot to take him down? Is this really what you are trying to sell, after all these years of saying otherwise?

interesting

At the very least, can you not see how the Democrats are not letting a good crisis go to waste? So, blaming tRump is NOT a plot to take him out. got it? Can't even see a narrative, no matter how tiny, eh, afan?
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:38 pm Again, why are you hear? If your value of other posters comments are invaluable, why are you here? Just to chest thump. "look at me...look at what I am doing to help". or....."look who I know that is helping "
What are you talking about? I'm telling you that i don't know how this virus operates. I. don't. know.

How the F is that "chest thumping"? YOU are the one who keeps claiming he knows how this virus works.

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:38 pm let us know who qualifies as value added to help just you out. Bill Gates knows what about virus? exactly........
An actual Doctor, for starters. So nope, I'm not going to listen to Gates, and I think I can speak for most here when I say that no one knows why you keep bringing him up, and no one knows why you keep bringing up Facebook.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:59 pm
6ftstick wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:09 am So who's gonna develop and produce a vaccine for this potential pandemic and others to come?

You have to get someone on the 6Foot Home Planet to review these first. Your stupidity has a nearly magical quality sometimes.
Or, you could have just educated him on how it really works. How it all started with the Bahy-Dole act. Instead, you called him stupid. How loving of you.
I am pretty certain that the text attributed to me here is not mine. Please stick with my own ill-mannered responses; there are plenty to choose from.
I apologize if you did not right, " your stupidity......"

Umm....who did :lol:
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:03 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:38 pm Again, why are you hear? If your value of other posters comments are invaluable, why are you here? Just to chest thump. "look at me...look at what I am doing to help". or....."look who I know that is helping "
What are you talking about? I'm telling you that i don't know how this virus operates. I. don't. know.

How the F is that "chest thumping"? YOU are the one who keeps claiming he knows how this virus works.
just wow. You love the way back machine, get playing. Prove I ever claimed to know how THIS virus works?
runrussellrun wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:38 pm let us know who qualifies as value added to help just you out. Bill Gates knows what about virus? exactly........
An actual Doctor, for starters. So nope, I'm not going to listen to Gates, and I think I can speak for most here when I say that no one knows why you keep bringing him up, and no one knows why you keep bringing up Facebook.
What kind of actual Doctor?
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:03 pm
seacoaster wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:59 pm

I apologize if you did not right, " your stupidity......"

Umm....who did :lol:
This line: "You have to get someone on the 6Foot Home Planet to review these first. Your stupidity has a nearly magical quality sometimes."

Is not mine. Don't know whose it is. Signing off.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

CU77 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:22 pm Bill Gates on CNN pointing out that the necessary extensive research on antivirals and vaccines will cost a few billion, and compares that to the multi-trillion dollar bailout.

And also points out how his foundation has been warning about pandemics for quite some time, how we should have paid as much attention to "germ games" as to "war games".
YUp.....afan.....I am the only one bringing up Bill Gates
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:02 pm
At the very least, can you not see how the Democrats are not letting a good crisis go to waste? So, blaming tRump is NOT a plot to take him out. got it? Can't even see a narrative, no matter how tiny, eh, afan?
For a guy who gets all worked up when you think someone is putting words in your mouth....you sure do a lot of it yourself.

You're stepping into a months long conversation, where you obviously missed half of the context. I'll give you the context....

Months ago, TrumpNation and many posters here claimed that Dem governors were intentionally shutting their States down to apply economic damage that will hurt Trump in November. That the shutdowns were unnecessary, and the Dem Governors were only doing it to hit Trump.

I was pointing to now both TX and FLA---Republican Governors----- and asking them if they were in on the plot to take Trump out.

That's it. No tinfoil hat needed.

I have said the same thing from the word go, RRR: each governor and Trump are doing the best they can in a no-win situation. Each State's situation is different. Some have high density cities in NYC. Some have a ton of AG workers living in close proximity. Some are just miles of prairies.

And there isn't such thing as "a right move" in this mess. If you loosen up "too much", people die. If you loosen up "too little", people suffer economically. And no one can say what "too much" or "too little is"....and the situation changes almost hourly.
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:11 pm
CU77 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:22 pm Bill Gates on CNN pointing out that the necessary extensive research on antivirals and vaccines will cost a few billion, and compares that to the multi-trillion dollar bailout.

And also points out how his foundation has been warning about pandemics for quite some time, how we should have paid as much attention to "germ games" as to "war games".
YUp.....afan.....I am the only one bringing up Bill Gates
:lol: Gates isn't telling you how this virus specifically works.

He's telling you how R&D works. THAT is something he knows about.

Return to “POLITICS”