All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
63%
1 person.
15%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 68

a fan

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by a fan »

I stand corrected, and totally missed that news. Your complaints are valid for those States.

Imagine telling your fellow posters you're wrong, sixfoot!
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:04 pm I stand corrected, and totally missed that news. Your complaints are valid for those States.

Imagine telling your fellow posters you're wrong, sixfoot!
When I am I'll let you know! :lol: :lol:
a fan

Post by a fan »

:lol: I walked right into that one....

Have a good weekend.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:10 pm :lol: I walked right into that one....

Have a good weekend.
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... and-nevad/

“New York and Nevada have restricted access to chloroquine prescriptions to avoid stockpiling of the drug. There are exemptions for clinical trials and patients hospitalized with COVID-19.”

“Michigan has not taken any regulatory action related to chloroquine. Instead, it has asked prescribers to not give the drug to potential stockpilers.“

Seems like the smart thing to do.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

What a guy, what a man, what a leader. Just pitches right in, can't do enough, leads by example, no wonder the entire country follows him. Selfless, truly inspirational.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Looks like the United States’ health system holds up quite well.
4526E0A1-CB7D-4446-AD05-2C1AE20D250F.jpeg
4526E0A1-CB7D-4446-AD05-2C1AE20D250F.jpeg (106.71 KiB) Viewed 1955 times
a fan

Post by a fan »

This flyby went right over our distillery just few minutes ago..... SO cool.

https://kdvr.com/news/coronavirus/thund ... o-flyover/
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:26 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:53 am
tech37 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:05 am If they were brown people you wouldn't hear a peep out of MDlax. He's a champion all right, champion of identity politics.
not sure where you get that from, but sure, I do think that folks have some legit beefs based on how more dominant parts of society have treated them.

You want to call that "identity politics", I'd just call it keeping it real.

But the comment about the 'idiots' in these protests weren't about any sort of racial identity politics if that's your concern...unless you see that in the Confederate flag stuff? I guess I'd agree with you that those particular protestors probably fit into the 'idiot' category. Same for the 'idiots' carrying the assault weapons.
Point is...if anyone who you consider a Trumpist ( :roll: ) had questioned protester's intelligence as you did, and the protesters were non-white, you'd be claiming "racism" on here. ;)
really?

Or are you saying that if someone said because they were non-white they were idiots?
Or called them idiots while waving the confederate flag perhaps?

This isn't rocket science.
Be racist and we'll know it.

Just be an idiot, whatever color, and we can know that too.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:02 pm
6ftstick wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:47 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:37 pm
6ftstick wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:12 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:58 pm
6ftstick wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:07 am This kind of BS has to stop.

How can there be two conclusions 180 degrees apart based on published results.
Simple. Because people are trying to rush the established scientific method and procedures surrounding drug/vaccine testing.

And then they complain when the faulty conclusions are all over the place.

Virologists have been trying to explain this to everyone, but no one, including you, wants to hear it.

This is all rushed, half baked science done in the middle of a pandemic. OF COURSE the numbers are forecasts are going to be wrong. OF COURSE conclusions about drugs are going to be wrong.

There's only so many times scientists can explain this to people. At some point, you have to listen to them.

Or not. And do like Pete Brown does and "blame the liberals", because he thinks vaccines care about party affiliation. :roll:
Nonsense. Did you bother to read the summary of 1061 patients. From one of the worlds most stellar researchers.

This is nothing more than Trump Derangement Syndrome on steroids.
From “one” is part of the issue.
More nonsense. What if he's only 25% right instead of 97% Thats still 250 people who are alive that would've ben dead..

Read this whole thing. And if you're rational you'll see that TDS is driving this obstruction to this treatment.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/didier-ra ... racle-drug
The science will work its way through and it will be based on more than “one” guy.
The sad part is by the time the science works its way through alot of these people protesting will have lost their business, their way of living and will be flat broke. They should just STFU and suck it in? I suppose if any of us had our entire livlihood on the line we would all be pretty unhappy about watching it go down the drain while scientist bicker back and forth about what they think we should do. Those scientists, many of them are not staring bankruptcy square in the face. This does not mean the scientists are wrong. It means continuing to shut down business has to be unsustainable. It is a pretty crappy choice but all of us should understand why so many people are frustrated and angry.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I really don't understand all this. These drugs have been getting widely used around the world and people are dying in droves, nevertheless.

They may work at least to some extent, just not enough to stop this thing. But there are many, many therapies in development, so if something is found that makes a large difference, it'll certainly get used.

We'll all applaud if something works.
Sooner the better.

But claiming something works before we know that it does just confuses people. And leads to hoarding and shortages for those for whom it's actually beneficial.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:12 pm

Simple. Because people are trying to rush the established scientific method and procedures surrounding drug/vaccine testing.

Virologists have been trying to explain this to everyone, but no one, including you, wants to hear it.

This is all rushed, half baked science done in the middle of a pandemic. OF COURSE the numbers are forecasts are going to be wrong. OF COURSE conclusions about drugs are going to be wrong.

There's only so many times scientists can explain this to people. At some point, you have to listen to them.

Or not. And do like Pete Brown does and "blame the liberals", because he thinks vaccines care about party affiliation. :roll:
Nonsense. Did you bother to read the summary of 1061 patients. From one of the worlds most stellar researchers.

More nonsense. What if he's only 25% right instead of 97% Thats still 250 people who are alive that would've ben dead..

Read this whole thing. And if you're rational you'll see that TDS is driving this obstruction to this treatment.

The science will work its way through and it will be based on more than “one” guy.
The sad part is by the time the science works its way through alot of these people protesting will have lost their business, their way of living and will be flat broke. They should just STFU and suck it in? I suppose if any of us had our entire livlihood on the line we would all be pretty unhappy about watching it go down the drain while scientist bicker back and forth about what they think we should do. Those scientists, many of them are not staring bankruptcy square in the face. This does not mean the scientists are wrong. It means continuing to shut down business has to be unsustainable. It is a pretty crappy choice but all of us should understand why so many people are frustrated and angry.
Hopefully we will be in a better position if it re-emerges. You can’t rush science. You want to get it right. I don’t believe anyone has said people should not be frustrated or angry. Your president shouldn’t be fanning flames.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:08 pm
tech37 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:05 am If they were brown people you wouldn't hear a peep out of MDlax. He's a champion all right, champion of identity politics.
not sure where you get that from, but sure, I do think that folks have some legit beefs based on how more dominant parts of society have treated them.

But the comment about the 'idiots' in these protests weren't about any sort of racial identity politics if that's your concern...unless you see that in the Confederate flag stuff? I guess I'd agree with you that those particular protestors probably fit into the 'idiot' category. Same for the 'idiots' carrying the assault weapons.
Point is...if anyone who you consider a Trumpist ( :roll: ) had questioned protester's intelligence as you did, and the protesters were non-white, you'd be claiming "racism" on here. ;)
really?

Or are you saying that if someone said because they were non-white they were idiots?

Does waving a rebel flag make a person an idiot? Does waving a BLM flag make somebody anti cop? Does waving a don't tread on me flag make someone a racist? Does waving a Betsy Ross flag also make you a racist? In America who should care what kind of flag you want to wave? The last time I checked we were all free to wave whatever flag we want. Hell if you choose to do so you can burn old glory in the street and in the eyes of some folks, that makes you a true American patriot. Any of you geniuses out there that can figure this entire mess out please advice as to what the solution is. That is what freedom means. When our government starts deciding what are good flags or bad flags this country is sliding down one very slippery slope that will not end well.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:23 pm

really?

Does waving a rebel flag make a person an idiot? Does waving a BLM flag make somebody anti cop? Does waving a don't tread on me flag make someone a racist? Does waving a Betsy Ross flag also make you a racist? In America who should care what kind of flag you want to wave? The last time I checked we were all free to wave whatever flag we want. Hell if you choose to do so you can burn old glory in the street and in the eyes of some folks, that makes you a true American patriot. Any of you geniuses out there that can figure this entire mess out please advice as to what the solution is. That is what freedom means. When our government starts deciding what are good flags or bad flags this country is sliding down one very slippery slope that will not end well.
Just don’t kneel
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:21 pm

Hopefully we will be in a better position if it re-emerges. You can’t rush science. You want to get it right. I don’t believe anyone has said people should not be frustrated or angry. Your president shouldn’t be fanning flames.
The president should know when to keep his mouth shut. He has been incapable of doing so. To my understanding opening up their states poses different problems to each and every governor. Where the balance lies with each governor is agonizing to no end. Open to soon and risk the virus spreading again. Stay shut down too long and a lot of people will lose everything they have worked their life for. i am no fan of Andy but the guy looks like he has aged 10 years in a month.
Typical Lax Dad

Two steps forward and 8 steps backwards.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:30 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:21 pm

The president should know when to keep his mouth shut. He has been incapable of doing so. To my understanding opening up their states poses different problems to each and every governor. Where the balance lies with each governor is agonizing to no end. Open to soon and risk the virus spreading again. Stay shut down too long and a lot of people will lose everything they have worked their life for. i am no fan of Andy but the guy looks like he has aged 10 years in a month.
It will be sorted out. Half the planet is in the same boat.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:28 pm

really?

Just don’t kneel
:?: Sorry TLD, i don't get what you are saying.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:32 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:28 pm

really?

Just don’t kneel
:?: Sorry TLD, i don't get what you are saying.
Kaepernick...

Return to “POLITICS”