All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

wgdsr

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by wgdsr »

it should be noted, again, that many of the countries that have had a successful early stoppage, and more recently turned a corner...
have utilized hcq early and often.
in a survey of 6600 doctors, it was rated as the most effective therapy to them, and US doctors surveyed were the ones who were among the most circumspect about treatments, saying nothing's effective.
in the middle of a pandemic, doctors everywhere are in need of trying to do what's best in their view for an individual patient.
do i agree it should be politicized, on both sides? of course not. bear in mind that there are actual doctors worldwide who are prescribing it. and not because trump said so.
the sooner we can get some legitimate trials and info up on this and many other drugs, the better. hopefully, something is a winner. we need it.
especially if we're gonna let loose anyway.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Time will tell: https://techstartups.com/2020/04/02/hyd ... ors-shows/

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 140015.htm

Let the scientists do their jobs:

Trump: I’m not a doctor (TRUE). But I have common sense. (THAT IS DEBATABLE) The FDA feels good about it. As you know, they’ve approved it, they gave it a rapid approval, and the reason [is] because it’s been out there for a long time, and they know the side effects and they also know the potential.

STAT: The Food and Drug Administration has not approved hydroxychloroquine, or any other drug, as a coronavirus treatment. The FDA has, however, issued an emergency use authorization for the drug.

In press releases, the FDA has stressed that “there are no currently approved treatments for COVID-19.” However, the agency says both hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine phosphate “have shown activity in laboratory studies against coronaviruses,” referring to a broad category of illnesses known as coronaviruses, not the 2019 strain that causes Covid-19. A number of federal agencies are currently working to facilitate clinical trials to determine whether or not the drug is effective.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:00 pm it should be noted, again, that many of the countries that have had a successful early stoppage, and more recently turned a corner...
in a survey of 6600 doctors, it was rated as the most effective therapy to them, and US doctors surveyed were the ones who were among the most circumspect about treatments, saying nothing's effective.
in the middle of a pandemic, doctors everywhere are in need of trying to do what's best in their view for an individual patient.
do i agree it should be politicized, on both sides? of course not. bear in mind that there are actual doctors worldwide who are prescribing it. and not because trump said so.
the sooner we can get some legitimate trials and info up on this and many other drugs, the better. hopefully, something is a winner. we need it.
The only issue with HCQ has been Trump and his media allies hyping it like a late night infomercial snake oil cure in an effort to happy talk the stock market.

From the beginning of this, docs here in the U.S. and elsewhere have been free to prescribe it off label. And they've been doing that. Probably in a "give it a try" mode. Totally 100% fine to do that in the heat of the battle.

Real trials are being pursued aggressively to figure out the extent to which it really works. Results will be coming soon. Personally, I have my eye on the trials at UPenn and UMinn which started weeks ago.

I'm betting there will be some modest efficacy shown. Far from a miracle cure, but something to add to a tool box that currently has few other tools.

Unless HCQ is proven to be 0.00% effective and 100% toxic, I'm also betting that Trump, Rudy, Hannity etc. will proclaim victory, that they were right all along, and that this whole thing could have been avoided if those dumb ass deep staters at FDA/CDC/WHO and their Fake News MSM allies hadn't held up the use of the miracle cure. The MAGAs will eat it up without question.

And Petey Brown will be telling us all on here how many jobs and people the nattering nabobs of negativism killed by not just letting HCQ and remdesivir rip without the clinical science to back it up. So predictable.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Typical Lax Dad

ggait wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:39 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:00 pm it should be noted, again, that many of the countries that have had a successful early stoppage, and more recently turned a corner...
The only issue with HCQ has been Trump and his media allies hyping it like a late night infomercial snake oil cure in an effort to happy talk the stock market.

From the beginning of this, docs here in the U.S. and elsewhere have been free to prescribe it off label. And they've been doing that. Probably in a "give it a try" mode. Totally 100% fine to do that in the heat of the battle.

Real trials are being pursued aggressively to figure out the extent to which it really works. Results will be coming soon. Personally, I have my eye on the trials at UPenn and UMinn which started weeks ago.

I'm betting there will be some modest efficacy shown. Far from a miracle cure, but something to add to a tool box that currently has few other tools.

Unless HCQ is proven to be 0.00% effective and 100% toxic, I'm also betting that Trump, Rudy, Hannity etc. will proclaim victory, that they were right all along, and that this whole thing could have been avoided if those dumb ass deep staters at FDA/CDC/WHO and their Fake News MSM allies hadn't held up the use of the miracle cure. The MAGAs will eat it up without question.

And Petey Brown will be telling us all on here how many jobs and people the nattering nabobs of negativism killed by not just letting HCQ and remdesivir rip without the clinical science to back it up. So predictable.
https://finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/ ... 00559.html
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

you can show them this if you care to:

Timeline leading to nat'l shortage of CQ & HCQ

Mar 9: National shortage of CQ

Mar 13: Todaro/Rigano google doc on CQ treatment for coronavirus

Mar 17: Raoult et al, HCQ/AZ in treatment of COVID-19

Mar 17: CQ & HCQ purchases already up 3000% & 260% respectively

Mar 19:
- Nat'l shortage of HCQ
@realDonaldTrump
first mentions HCQ

Hospitals/physicians were buying HCQ & CQ before Trump first mentioned it
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:53 pm you can show them this if you care to:

Timeline leading to nat'l shortage of CQ & HCQ

Mar 9: National shortage of CQ

Mar 13: Todaro/Rigano google doc on CQ treatment for coronavirus

Mar 17: Raoult et al, HCQ/AZ in treatment of COVID-19

Mar 17: CQ & HCQ purchases already up 3000% & 260% respectively

Mar 19:
- Nat'l shortage of HCQ
@realDonaldTrump
first mentions HCQ

Hospitals/physicians were buying HCQ & CQ before Trump first mentioned it
We were short on a lot of things. My guess is it got worse. I am hoping it works. Anything that works is good. I just don’t like politicians ahead of the science. We have been developing drugs for a long time. Now there is an easier way that nobody knew about until March 2020....
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:53 pm
Cooter wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:30 am And the pursuit of happiness!
At least there are still a few Americans around. 8-)
:lol: Come on, my man. Give us the full quote.

I'll help you:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Ya skipped over the "life" part.
That's neat, and all, AFAN . But, last I checked, you don't swear an oath to defend the Declaration of Independence.

But....this thing. No mention of gender, or ghosts, either. You know, the LAW

WE the PEOPLE of the United States, in Order to form a
more perfect Union, establish justice, insure
domestic Tranquility, provide for the common
defense, promote the general Welfare, and
secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves
and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this
Constitution for the United States of America.

One could argue that social distortion, fits the "promote the general Welfare"

One could also argue, that "domestic Tranquility" is NOT being insured.
Last edited by runrussellrun on Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:58 pm
6ftstick wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:07 am This kind of BS has to stop.

How can there be two conclusions 180 degrees apart based on published results.
Simple. Because people are trying to rush the established scientific method and procedures surrounding drug/vaccine testing.

And then they complain when the faulty conclusions are all over the place.

Virologists have been trying to explain this to everyone, but no one, including you, wants to hear it.

This is all rushed, half baked science done in the middle of a pandemic. OF COURSE the numbers are forecasts are going to be wrong. OF COURSE conclusions about drugs are going to be wrong.

There's only so many times scientists can explain this to people. At some point, you have to listen to them.

Or not. And do like Pete Brown does and "blame the liberals", because he thinks vaccines care about party affiliation. :roll:
Nonsense. Did you bother to read the summary of 1061 patients. From one of the worlds most stellar researchers.

This is nothing more than Trump Derangement Syndrome on steroids.
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:11 pm

I'll help you:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

That's neat, and all, AFAN . But, last I checked, you don't swear an oath to defend the Declaration of Independence.

But....this thing. No mention of gender, or ghosts, either. You know, the LAW

WE the PEOPLE of the United States, in Order to form a
more perfect Union, establish justice, insure
domestic Tranquility, provide for the common
defense, promote the general Welfare, and
secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves
and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this
Constitution for the United States of America.

One could argue that social distortion, fits the "promote the general Welfare"

One could also argue, that "domestic Tranquility" is NOT being insured.
Can you imagine how tranquil it will be if the virus ran unchecked? How much less tranquil? I don’t know.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

I'll help you:

Tell that to Cooter. He's the one who quoted from it. Correction: quoted from the parts he liked.

runrussellrun wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:11 pm One could also argue, that "domestic Tranquility" is NOT being insured.
No argument from me on that point. I'm the guy who said they need to cut huge checks over a month ago, and send it to every taxpayer.

Had they done that, it would be 1000 times easier for folks to sit still. Citizens are 1000% justified to freak out over the .gov not allowing them to earn money.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

6ftstick wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:12 pm

Simple. Because people are trying to rush the established scientific method and procedures surrounding drug/vaccine testing.

Virologists have been trying to explain this to everyone, but no one, including you, wants to hear it.

This is all rushed, half baked science done in the middle of a pandemic. OF COURSE the numbers are forecasts are going to be wrong. OF COURSE conclusions about drugs are going to be wrong.

There's only so many times scientists can explain this to people. At some point, you have to listen to them.

Or not. And do like Pete Brown does and "blame the liberals", because he thinks vaccines care about party affiliation. :roll:
Nonsense. Did you bother to read the summary of 1061 patients. From one of the worlds most stellar researchers.

No it is not. Until you get double blind results you cannot tease out the actual effects of a particular treatment. What part of the recovery of the patients is due to the drug, and what part due to all the other things the doctors are doing? That is why you have to do that sort of testing. Why does one study get certain results and a companion one run by someone else get a different one? Because neither are complete enough to make all the conclusions you want to be made...

Even the decision of who to give the drug to is part of the result - are you giving to patients already very sick or ones who still have somewhat mild symptoms?

And in addition, when each group is reporting on a couple of dozen cases, random behavior can get you vastly differing results. And are the cases comparable so you can combine them?

Is that summary in a published peer-reviewed journal?
Typical Lax Dad

From “one” is part of the issue.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:18 pm

I'll help you:

Tell that to Cooter. He's the one who quoted from it. Correction: quoted from the parts he liked.

runrussellrun wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:11 pm One could also argue, that "domestic Tranquility" is NOT being insured.
No argument from me on that point. I'm the guy who said they need to cut huge checks over a month ago, and send it to every taxpayer.

Had they done that, it would be 1000 times easier for folks to sit still. Citizens are 1000% justified to freak out over the .gov not allowing them to earn money.
cooter, is a bridesmaid Michigan fan, there is no helping him. ;) He might as well quote President Jefferson Davis, although his preamble included something about "ghosts"... :roll:
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:37 pm

More nonsense. What if he's only 25% right instead of 97% Thats still 250 people who are alive that would've ben dead..

Read this whole thing. And if you're rational you'll see that TDS is driving this obstruction to this treatment.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/didier-ra ... racle-drug
njbill

Post by njbill »

Personally, if I were to get the virus, I would take anything my doctor thought might help. Hoping, though, that ice cream, milkshakes, fudge, cheesesteaks, and beer prove to be the most effective treatment. Hoping it is not broccoli, cauliflower, or castor oil.
a fan

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:12 pm Nonsense. Did you bother to read the summary of 1061 patients. From one of the worlds most stellar researchers.
Case in point. Dude----that's not a full scientific study.

That's anecdotal evidence, which is great...but isn't the same thing as a fully vetted scientific study. No one is keeping them from trying that, so I'm not sure what your complaint is here.

They're also having success from putting patients flipped over on their stomachs. And again, no one is keeping that from happening.

But that's not the same thing as a full study. Let the scientists and medical professionals do their jobs, not idiots like you and me. No one is saying they can't use this treatment, so stop complaining.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

I'll help you:

I don't think that I am having much of a "life" right now. :D
Live Free or Die!
a fan

Post by a fan »

Better than being dead. We're all valuing the "life" part of that "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" thing....
Last edited by a fan on Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

6ftstick wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:47 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:37 pm

More nonsense. What if he's only 25% right instead of 97% Thats still 250 people who are alive that would've ben dead..

Read this whole thing. And if you're rational you'll see that TDS is driving this obstruction to this treatment.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/didier-ra ... racle-drug
The science will work its way through and it will be based on more than “one” guy.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:52 pm
6ftstick wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:12 pm Nonsense. Did you bother to read the summary of 1061 patients. From one of the worlds most stellar researchers.
Case in point. Dude----that's not a full scientific study.

That's anecdotal evidence, which is great...but isn't the same thing as a fully vetted scientific study. No one is keeping them from trying that, so I'm not sure what your complaint is here.

They're also having success from putting patients flipped over on their stomachs. And again, no one is keeping that from happening.

But that's not the same thing as a full study. Let the scientists and medical professionals do their jobs, not idiots like you and me. No one is saying they can't use this treatment, so stop complaining.
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) signed an executive order preventing hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine from being used to treat patients with the Wuhan coronavirus.

Governor Gretchen Whitmer from the Michigan Directorate has threatened to turn the eye of the state upon any doctor or pharmacist who would attempt to prescribe chloroquine to treat their patients suffering from coronavirus. Medical licenses may need to be revoked.

The agency’s March 24 letter warns physicians and pharmacists of professional consequences for the prescribing of hydroxychloroquine (and chloroquine).

Nevada Gov Steve Sisolak Bans Hydroxycloroquine Treatment for COVID-19

All democrats

Return to “POLITICS”