All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:04 pm
why should we listen to her, her choices don't seem to have a great track record.
Who said take her advice? Just pointing out her story. She could have easily said, “I am glad I didn’t get vaccinated” and it wouldn’t change the facts of the story….which was the interesting part…..not what some stranger has to say. I can understand why people assume the point is “listen to what this woman says”….but that’s simple minded.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:51 pm
why should we listen to her, her choices don't seem to have a great track record.
Who said take her advice? Just pointing out her story. She could have easily said, “I am glad I didn’t get vaccinated” and it wouldn’t change the facts of the story….which was the interesting part…..not what some stranger has to say. I can understand why people assume the point is “listen to what this woman says”….but that’s simple minded.
did you just call me simple minded? or my take?
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:07 pm
No. Just casting a wider net….and letting it be known that I am not simple minded.

EDIT: There are definitely some simple minded folks that post here. You aren’t one of them.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:14 pm
No. Just casting a wider net….and letting it be known that I am not simple minded.
gotcha. personally, don't really consider the facts of her illness the interesting part. maybe the part that she changed her mind about vaccination is.

she was playing the odds, and happened to lose. if she hadn't have lost, her mind and take would've actually been emboldened likely. she's now advising based on outcomes (which are variable), not process. she'll make similar mistakes on different choices until she figures that out.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:28 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:14 pm
gotcha. personally, don't really consider the facts of her illness the interesting part. maybe the part that she changed her mind about vaccination is.

she was playing the odds, and happened to lose. if she hadn't have lost, her mind and take would've actually been emboldened likely. she's now advising based on outcomes (which are variable), not process. she'll make similar mistakes on different choices until she figures that out.
One of my unvaccinated buddy’s uncle came down with COVID-19. He can’t walk now and his speech is impaired. In the VA Hospital soaking up resources because he wouldn’t get vaccinated. Have known him most of my life. I am guessing my buddy won’t get vaccinated until his mother dies from COVID. Kids coming and going and nobody’s vaccinated.
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

a fan wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:08 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:42 pm This Christmas break was a sh-it show. Everywhere. People did whatever they wanted. No wonder the numbers are going through the roof right now. People were irresponsible.

Also the trend I’ve seen on social media is tons of vaccinated people who thought they were immune - so they did whatever they wanted and became super spreaders, traveling, going to crowded indoor restaurants, going to theme parks. Now surprised they got covid.

Just not smart. Vaccinated or not, people need to act more responsible.
Vaxxed and boosted Americans have moved on. The unvaxxed were never on board.
Moved on alright. As spreaders. Just like the unvaxxed. These people are being cavalier about the health of others too.

Vaxed or unvaxed, If it’s winter and you’re doing irresponsible things- large groups in small places, and/or not wearing a mask, etc, you’re part of the problem.

Smarten up.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

https://justthenews.com/nation/religion ... -religious

So, I’m curious how people who volunteered to join an organization that specializes in violence and often killing can claim a religious exemption. What church is that, the Holy Sepulcher of Cognitive Dissonance?

Here’s a thought for dealing with these twits.

"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:40 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:08 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:42 pm This Christmas break was a sh-it show. Everywhere. People did whatever they wanted. No wonder the numbers are going through the roof right now. People were irresponsible.

Also the trend I’ve seen on social media is tons of vaccinated people who thought they were immune - so they did whatever they wanted and became super spreaders, traveling, going to crowded indoor restaurants, going to theme parks. Now surprised they got covid.

Just not smart. Vaccinated or not, people need to act more responsible.
Vaxxed and boosted Americans have moved on. The unvaxxed were never on board.
Moved on alright. As spreaders. Just like the unvaxxed. These people are being cavalier about the health of others too.
They're following the law and the rules, Kram. The "be careful" ship sailed with the American fall sports schedule with filled outdoor and indoor stadiums.

The anti-vaxxers are on their own....just like they asked.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
ggait

Post by ggait »

PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:59 pm https://justthenews.com/nation/religion ... -religious

So, I’m curious how people who volunteered to join an organization that specializes in violence and often killing can claim a religious exemption. What church is that, the Holy Sepulcher of Cognitive Dissonance?

Another dumb fork opinion from judge reed O’Connor. Guy must be the most over ruled judge in the entire judiciary. A complete tool. He was the guy who said congress had repealed Obamacare even congress didn’t know or say they were doing that.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

ggait wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:22 am
PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:59 pm https://justthenews.com/nation/religion ... -religious

Another dumb fork opinion from judge reed O’Connor. Guy must be the most over ruled judge in the entire judiciary. A complete tool. He was the guy who said congress had repealed Obamacare even congress didn’t know or say they were doing that.
He’s a distinguished graduate of the South Texas College of Law, ranked in the bottom 25% of law schools.

Appointed by President George W. Bush, one of the worst presidents in American history (two mismanaged wars, catastrophic failure in handling hurricane Katrina, and completely wrecked the economy … other than that, things were hunky-dory).

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
old salt

Post by old salt »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:34 pm
smoova wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:55 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:49 pm Trump made them do it, even though he's been gone for a year.
Squidward's right on this: Trump's a symptom, not a cause - there'd be just as many (or more?) anti-vaxxers in red states/counties if Hillary had won in 2016.
Most of the folks being labeled as antivaxxers, aren't antivaxxers. They are nut job Trump supporters. There are antivaxxers that are democratic voters, there are antivaxxers that are republican voters. Most of the people who aren't getting vaccinated are Trump supporters. Has nothing to do with antivax. These people are you can't tell me what to do types - just like Trump. They don't like anything where someone smarter than them tells them they should do it, let alone mandate it. They are life's losers! Europe has similar losers.
Trump is why Europe has all those unvaxxed life's losers too.
Trump is why the delta & omicron variants developed in the USA, probably in De(ath)Santis' FL.
Bart

Post by Bart »

The notion of autoantibodies after viral infection is not exactly a new idea. Here is a decent book chapter explaining some of it.

https://www.intechopen.com/chapters/63424

The question is if we are seeing a virus that stimulates this in a more consistent manner or is it another case of a repercussion of extremely large number of infected individuals? It is really interesting stuff.

Here is a nature article back from last January looking into autoantibodies in the worst COVID outcomes. https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00149-1
Bart

Post by Bart »

Your solution is to club them to death?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:43 am
youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:14 am
youthathletics wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:39 am Curious....anyone here had covid recently.

I think my wife is on the tail end of it, can not find any testing places near by and all at home tests are sold out, no way we are waiting in 3 plus hours lines. She had fever for about 36 hours, chills/sweats one time for about an hour, no sore throat, and headache for about 3 days. Seems to have passed it on to me, all I have had is just a major congestion feeling but can breath just fine, no sore throat, and only had a headache for about 24 hours (more like a common cold).

Just curious if anyone here, or in your family has had similar symptoms and received results of a test?
Start of Day 5 - Woke up this morning with the fog lifted (yipee), just some lingering congestion...Aleve seemed to do wonders and I could certainly feel when it was getting close for another dose. Never a sore throat or chills/sweats, just a run down feeling, congestion, and really itchy/watery eyes, like an allergy. Congestion was at its worse last night.
Start of day 6 - Fog settled back in during day 5, still tired, lazy, congested off and on, but otherwise okay, made it much easier to justify watching all the bowl games...even squeezed in a couple movies. Woke up this morning congested, again...damn it, no other symptoms. All in all.....it is just a prolonged cold, assuming it is omicron, but trying to schedule a PCR or risk standing in a MD sponsored testing line, just seems futile at this point.
Still a bit congested each morning. Sadly, while watching a movie with a dram of bourbon, I could no longer smell or taste. :( Working backwards, I believe it started a day or so ago and I never connected the dots.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
ggait

Post by ggait »

old salt wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:57 am
old salt wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:49 pm Trump made them do it, even though he's been gone for a year.
Squidward's right on this: Trump's a symptom, not a cause - there'd be just as many (or more?) anti-vaxxers in red states/counties if Hillary had won in 2016.
Most of the folks being labeled as antivaxxers, aren't antivaxxers. They are nut job Trump supporters. There are antivaxxers that are democratic voters, there are antivaxxers that are republican voters. Most of the people who aren't getting vaccinated are Trump supporters. Has nothing to do with antivax. These people are you can't tell me what to do types - just like Trump. They don't like anything where someone smarter than them tells them they should do it, let alone mandate it. They are life's losers! Europe has similar losers.
Trump is why the delta & omicron variants developed in the USA, probably in De(ath)Santis' FL.
USA has twice the number of vax refusers (or more) than all of our first world peer countries.

Only slightly fewer than Russia has. We are very much an outlier on this. Which is embarrassing depressing and dangerous.

What the heck is wrong with our country?
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Bart wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:39 am

Your solution is to club them to death?
Thank you, my reaction as well. One of the most disgusting posts ever.
"An organization that specializes in violence"? That's one helluva a way
to look at our men and women in uniform, meanwhile the civilian calls
for clubbing his fellow citizens. The psychological damage covid is doing
is at least equal to the physical damage if not worse.
Maybe this is a better way to get people to see things your way?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_mASr1djMM
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ggait wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:13 am
old salt wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:57 am
USA has twice the number of vax refusers (or more) than all of our first world peer countries.

Only slightly fewer than Russia has. We are very much an outlier on this. Which is embarrassing depressing and dangerous.

What the heck is wrong with our country?
Folks have the right to choose how they will die. I am fully vaxxed and have had my booster so my chances of getting sick are minimized. I suppose every crack head out there knows the risk. If your unvaccinated and you get sick then don't expect sympathy or compassion from me. You made your own choice and you all can deal with the consequences.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”