All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:48 pm Glad to hear our fanlax Coloradans are safe, but sorry for others.

It's off the subject, but the Colorado news reminded me of the sticker shock I had when I got my next twelve month's home insurance bill a few weeks ago. Prepare yourselves. The combination of construction costs, home appreciation, and this past year's natural disasters are going to make your home insurance go through the roof. This was the first year since moving to NC four years ago that my county didn't experience a tropical storm or hurricane, and my bill still increased 52%!
That’s one of the hidden costs of climate change. Flood insurance was headed through the roof but it was re-thought.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:35 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:48 pm Glad to hear our fanlax Coloradans are safe, but sorry for others.

It's off the subject, but the Colorado news reminded me of the sticker shock I had when I got my next twelve month's home insurance bill a few weeks ago. Prepare yourselves. The combination of construction costs, home appreciation, and this past year's natural disasters are going to make your home insurance go through the roof. This was the first year since moving to NC four years ago that my county didn't experience a tropical storm or hurricane, and my bill still increased 52%!
That’s one of the hidden costs of climate change. Flood insurance was headed through the roof but it was re-thought.
take it to the climate change thread.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:42 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:35 pm

take it to the climate change thread.
👍
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:39 am Curious....anyone here had covid recently.

I think my wife is on the tail end of it, can not find any testing places near by and all at home tests are sold out, no way we are waiting in 3 plus hours lines. She had fever for about 36 hours, chills/sweats one time for about an hour, no sore throat, and headache for about 3 days. Seems to have passed it on to me, all I have had is just a major congestion feeling but can breath just fine, no sore throat, and only had a headache for about 24 hours (more like a common cold).

Just curious if anyone here, or in your family has had similar symptoms and received results of a test?
Start of Day 5 - Woke up this morning with the fog lifted (yipee), just some lingering congestion...Aleve seemed to do wonders and I could certainly feel when it was getting close for another dose. Never a sore throat or chills/sweats, just a run down feeling, congestion, and really itchy/watery eyes, like an allergy. Congestion was at its worse last night.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:14 am
youthathletics wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:39 am Curious....anyone here had covid recently.

I think my wife is on the tail end of it, can not find any testing places near by and all at home tests are sold out, no way we are waiting in 3 plus hours lines. She had fever for about 36 hours, chills/sweats one time for about an hour, no sore throat, and headache for about 3 days. Seems to have passed it on to me, all I have had is just a major congestion feeling but can breath just fine, no sore throat, and only had a headache for about 24 hours (more like a common cold).

Just curious if anyone here, or in your family has had similar symptoms and received results of a test?
Start of Day 5 - Woke up this morning with the fog lifted (yipee), just some lingering congestion...Aleve seemed to do wonders and I could certainly feel when it was getting close for another dose. Never a sore throat or chills/sweats, just a run down feeling, congestion, and really itchy/watery eyes, like an allergy. Congestion was at its worse last night.
Hang in there YA. Hope you’ve turned the corner.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Am hoping you've turned the corner too, YA.
Will throw this out there, this stuff works like
an elixir from the gods for me. Had a couple of
bouts a month or so back and the stuff worked
absolute wonders.
https://www.meijer.com/shopping/product ... 4cb4300836
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Feel better youth! Keep us posted...
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

+1 youth!
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

to my lp brethren:
thanks in this new year for everyone that is safe and healthy.
coloradoans a fan and ggait... glad that you're ok, can't imagine a wipeout of neighborhoods in a flash even as it's material stuff. i think? everyone got away in safety which is great. missed snowfall by several days.

youth, be well and your wife as well.

one word of advice for those trying to procure tests... it may not be simple now, but some diligence can pay off. wifey has had success being active especially in the a.m. online to get some when available. we have a need to be able to do or have available for several reasons, and they can be had, but you may need to be active about it if you're in need, too. they sell out quick.
a fan

Post by a fan »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:26 pm to my lp brethren:
coloradoans a fan and ggait... glad that you're ok, can't imagine a wipeout of neighborhoods in a flash even as it's material stuff. i think? everyone got away in safety which is great. missed snowfall by several days.
They missed the badly needed moisture by less than 20 hours......that would have made the fires impossible.

Heartbreaking.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

one word of advice for those trying to procure tests... it may not be simple now, but some diligence can pay off. wifey has had success being active especially in the a.m. online to get some when available. we have a need to be able to do or have available for several reasons, and they can be had, but you may need to be active about it if you're in need, too. they sell out quick.
Saw this in Milwaukee. This is exacerbated b/c you now need a Neg, for a previously scheduled elective surgery.....must be a horrible angry feeling to not have much access to one. I see our Feds have learned nothing, over the past two years, even passed on preparation of testing kits, knowing full well Omicron was a legit threat overseas b4 it hit here.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Start of day 6 - Fog settled back in during day 5, still tired, lazy, congested off and on, but otherwise okay, made it much easier to justify watching all the bowl games...even squeezed in a couple movies. Woke up this morning congested, again...damn it, no other symptoms. All in all.....it is just a prolonged cold, assuming it is omicron, but trying to schedule a PCR or risk standing in a MD sponsored testing line, just seems futile at this point.
~Livy

Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:43 am

Start of day 6 - Fog settled back in during day 5, still tired, lazy, congested off and on, but otherwise okay, made it much easier to justify watching all the bowl games...even squeezed in a couple movies. Woke up this morning congested, again...damn it, no other symptoms. All in all.....it is just a prolonged cold, assuming it is omicron, but trying to schedule a PCR or risk standing in a MD sponsored testing line, just seems futile at this point.
You were fully vaccinated right?
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:52 am

.. no booster.
~Livy

Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:00 am

.. no booster.
Ok…..PS….just saw NF. He is headed to San Diego which you may have already known. Love him.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:10 am
youthathletics wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:00 am

.. no booster.
Ok…..PS….just saw NF. He is headed to San Diego which you may have already known. Love him.
Yep, my son chats with him regularly. They just returned from Az. I do as well, how can you not. Great family is an understatement.
~Livy

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

~Livy

wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:35 am

Saw this in Milwaukee. This is exacerbated b/c you now need a Neg, for a previously scheduled elective surgery.....must be a horrible angry feeling to not have much access to one. I see our Feds have learned nothing, over the past two years, even passed on preparation of testing kits, knowing full well Omicron was a legit threat overseas b4 it hit here.
they were never going to learn anything. we were not built for this. people, government.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:13 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:35 am

they were never going to learn anything. we were not built for this. people, government.
The consequences of a deadly pandemic. Too bad it can’t be done like a tee time or a reservation at a restaurant.

We are spoiled and pampered…..it could be a line for food.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”