2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
njbill

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump FIRED

Post by njbill »

old salt wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:20 pm
njbill wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:57 pm I can understand why there would be a fair amount of support for T**** in Missouri, but I’m a bit surprised that there would be widespread support for what Hawley et al. are planning for Wednesday. Just seems un-American.
Hawley & Langford both say they're answering the concerns & questions of their voters, in a way that's convincing to those voters back home.
Langford's up in '22, Hawley in '24 (still too soon for a national run). We'll see if they pay a price. It's a gamble.
The Dems & the media will continue to hype this, but I predict it will soon be forgotten, at least in flyover country.
I agree. It will quickly be forgotten. These days everyone’s attention, including mine, has the life span of a gnat.
ggait

Post by ggait »

I don't like Trump or hold him in high regard, but I think just as little of his opponents & I strongly disagree with many of their policies.
Salty -- honest questions for you:

1. What do you think of Trump's call with the Ga Secy of State? Unethical? Illegal? Impeachable (putting aside the time constraint of Trump's term about to end)? Something pols do all the time?

2. What did you think of Trump's call with Zelensky?

3. You think what Boxer did in 2005 is pretty much the same thing as what Trump, 12 Senators and 140 House members are doing now?

When answering, please reflect the context.

So, for example, on #3 recognize that Kerry conceded on election night while Trump still claims as of tonight that he won GA and the whole election. Or on #1 that Trump has spent 2 months and 60 losing lawsuits claiming he won and was robbed. Or that #2 is a behavior pattern seen often from Trump -- #2 is basically the same shtick as #1 for example.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

George Will in the Post this morning:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... story.html

"On a conference call last Thursday, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell told his caucus that, in his 36 Senate years, he has twice cast votes to take the nation to war and once to remove a president, but that the vote he will cast this Wednesday to certify Joe Biden’s electoral college victory will be the most important of his career. McConnell (R-Ky.) understands the recklessness of congressional Republicans who are fueling the doubts of a large majority of Republicans about the legitimacy of the 2020 election.

The day before McConnell’s somber statement, Missouri’s freshman Republican senator, Josh Hawley, announced that on Wednesday, 14 days before Biden will be inaugurated, he will challenge the validity of Biden’s election. Hawley’s conscience regarding electoral proprieties compels him to stroke this erogenous zone of the GOP’s 2024 presidential nominating electorate.

Hawley’s stance quickly elicited panicky emulation from Texas Republican Sen. Ted Cruz, another 2024 aspirant. Cruz led 10 other senators and senators-elect in a statement that presents their pandering to what terrifies them (their Trumpkin voters) as a judicious determination to assess the “unprecedented allegations” of voting improprieties, “allegations” exceeding “any in our lifetimes.”

So, allegations in sufficient quantity, although of uniformly risible quality, validate senatorial grandstanding that is designed to deepen today’s widespread delusions and resentments. While Hawley et al. were presenting their last-ditch devotion to President Trump as devotion to electoral integrity, Trump was heard on tape browbeating noncompliant Georgia election officials to “find” thousands of votes for him. Awkward.

Never mind. Hawley — has there ever been such a high ratio of ambition to accomplishment? — and Cruz have already nimbly begun to monetize their high-mindedness through fundraising appeals.

For many years, some people insisted that a vast conspiracy, not a lone gunman, masterminded the 1963 assassination of President John F. Kennedy near the grassy knoll in Dallas’s Dealey Plaza. To these people, the complete absence of evidence proved the conspiracy’s sophistication. They were demented. Today’s senatorial Grassy Knollers — Hawley, with Cruz and others panting to catch up — are worse. They are cynical.

They know that every one of the almost 60 Trump challenges to the election has been rebuffed in state and federal courts, including the Supreme Court, involving more than 90 judges, nominated by presidents of both parties. But for scores of millions of mesmerized Trump Republicans, who think the absence of evidence is the most sinister evidence, this proves that the courts, too, are tentacles of the “deep state.” Hawley and Cruz, both of whom clerked for chief justices of the Supreme Court, hope to be wafted into the White House by gusts of such paranoia.

As does Vice President Pence, who says about Hawley et al.: Me, too. To fathom Pence’s canine devotion to Trump, watch a video from June 7, 2018. Seated next to Trump in a meeting, Pence saw Trump take his water bottle off the table and place it on the floor. So, Pence did likewise. Google the 22-second video. It is a sufficient Pence biography.

Republican Sen. Ben Sasse (Neb.) obliquely but scaldingly said of Hawley: “Adults don’t point a loaded gun at the heart of legitimate self-government.” America’s three-party system — Democrats, Hawley-Cruz Republicans, and McConnell-Sasse Republicans — will continue to take shape on Wednesday. Watch how many of these Republican senators who might be seeking reelection in 2022 have the spine to side with the adults against Hawley-Cruz et al. and the Grassy Knollers among their constituents: John Boozman, Richard Burr, Mike Crapo, Charles E. Grassley, John Hoeven, Mike Lee, Jerry Moran, Lisa Murkowski, Rand Paul, Rob Portman, Marco Rubio, Tim Scott, Richard C. Shelby, John Thune, Todd C. Young. By aligning with Cruz, four — Ron Johnson, John Neely Kennedy, James Lankford and Kelly Loeffler — have reserved their seats at the children’s table.

Hawley, Cruz and company have perhaps rescued Biden from becoming the first president in 32 years to begin his presidency without his party controlling both houses of Congress. On Tuesday, Georgians will decide control of the Senate. While they have been watching Republican attempts to delegitimize Biden’s election (two recounts have confirmed that Georgians favor Biden), Republicans were telling them: a) elections in the world’s oldest constitutional democracy, and especially in Georgia, are rigged, but b) the nation’s fate depends on their turning out for Tuesday’s (presumptively) sham run-off Senate elections, lest c) Democrats take control of the Senate and behave badly.

Be that as it may, on Wednesday, the members of the Hawley-Cruz cohort will violate the oath of office in which they swore to defend the Constitution from enemies “foreign and domestic.” They are its most dangerous domestic enemies."
CU88

Post by CU88 »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:55 am George Will in the Post this morning:

"On a conference call last Thursday, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell told his caucus that, in his 36 Senate years, he has twice cast votes to take the nation to war and once to remove a president, but that the vote he will cast this Wednesday to certify Joe Biden’s electoral college victory will be the most important of his career. McConnell (R-Ky.) understands the recklessness of congressional Republicans who are fueling the doubts of a large majority of Republicans about the legitimacy of the 2020 election.

The day before McConnell’s somber statement, Missouri’s freshman Republican senator, Josh Hawley, announced that on Wednesday, 14 days before Biden will be inaugurated, he will challenge the validity of Biden’s election. Hawley’s conscience regarding electoral proprieties compels him to stroke this erogenous zone of the GOP’s 2024 presidential nominating electorate.

Hawley’s stance quickly elicited panicky emulation from Texas Republican Sen. Ted Cruz, another 2024 aspirant. Cruz led 10 other senators and senators-elect in a statement that presents their pandering to what terrifies them (their Trumpkin voters) as a judicious determination to assess the “unprecedented allegations” of voting improprieties, “allegations” exceeding “any in our lifetimes.”

So, allegations in sufficient quantity, although of uniformly risible quality, validate senatorial grandstanding that is designed to deepen today’s widespread delusions and resentments. While Hawley et al. were presenting their last-ditch devotion to President Trump as devotion to electoral integrity, Trump was heard on tape browbeating noncompliant Georgia election officials to “find” thousands of votes for him. Awkward.

Never mind. Hawley — has there ever been such a high ratio of ambition to accomplishment? — and Cruz have already nimbly begun to monetize their high-mindedness through fundraising appeals.

For many years, some people insisted that a vast conspiracy, not a lone gunman, masterminded the 1963 assassination of President John F. Kennedy near the grassy knoll in Dallas’s Dealey Plaza. To these people, the complete absence of evidence proved the conspiracy’s sophistication. They were demented. Today’s senatorial Grassy Knollers — Hawley, with Cruz and others panting to catch up — are worse. They are cynical.

They know that every one of the almost 60 Trump challenges to the election has been rebuffed in state and federal courts, including the Supreme Court, involving more than 90 judges, nominated by presidents of both parties. But for scores of millions of mesmerized Trump Republicans, who think the absence of evidence is the most sinister evidence, this proves that the courts, too, are tentacles of the “deep state.” Hawley and Cruz, both of whom clerked for chief justices of the Supreme Court, hope to be wafted into the White House by gusts of such paranoia.

As does Vice President Pence, who says about Hawley et al.: Me, too. To fathom Pence’s canine devotion to Trump, watch a video from June 7, 2018. Seated next to Trump in a meeting, Pence saw Trump take his water bottle off the table and place it on the floor. So, Pence did likewise. Google the 22-second video. It is a sufficient Pence biography.

Republican Sen. Ben Sasse (Neb.) obliquely but scaldingly said of Hawley: “Adults don’t point a loaded gun at the heart of legitimate self-government.” America’s three-party system — Democrats, Hawley-Cruz Republicans, and McConnell-Sasse Republicans — will continue to take shape on Wednesday. Watch how many of these Republican senators who might be seeking reelection in 2022 have the spine to side with the adults against Hawley-Cruz et al. and the Grassy Knollers among their constituents: John Boozman, Richard Burr, Mike Crapo, Charles E. Grassley, John Hoeven, Mike Lee, Jerry Moran, Lisa Murkowski, Rand Paul, Rob Portman, Marco Rubio, Tim Scott, Richard C. Shelby, John Thune, Todd C. Young. By aligning with Cruz, four — Ron Johnson, John Neely Kennedy, James Lankford and Kelly Loeffler — have reserved their seats at the children’s table.

Hawley, Cruz and company have perhaps rescued Biden from becoming the first president in 32 years to begin his presidency without his party controlling both houses of Congress. On Tuesday, Georgians will decide control of the Senate. While they have been watching Republican attempts to delegitimize Biden’s election (two recounts have confirmed that Georgians favor Biden), Republicans were telling them: a) elections in the world’s oldest constitutional democracy, and especially in Georgia, are rigged, but b) the nation’s fate depends on their turning out for Tuesday’s (presumptively) sham run-off Senate elections, lest c) Democrats take control of the Senate and behave badly.

Be that as it may, on Wednesday, the members of the Hawley-Cruz cohort will violate the oath of office in which they swore to defend the Constitution from enemies “foreign and domestic.” They are its most dangerous domestic enemies."
WOW, pence monkey see monkey do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjY4vdyBx0Y
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Matnum PI

Georgia

Post by Matnum PI »

"Voters in Georgia head to the polls Tuesday to decide a pair of Senate runoffs that will determine whether Democrats or Republicans control the chamber in Washington. The races pit Sen. David Perdue (R) against Democrat John Ossoff and Sen. Kelly Loeffler, another Republican incumbent, against Democrat Raphael Warnock.

Election Day in Georgia comes a day ahead of a joint session of Congress to certify the electoral college vote and cement President-elect Joe Biden’s victory. At a rally in Georgia on Monday, President Trump pressured Vice President Pence, who will preside over the session, to intervene in the tally."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... e-updates/
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

old salt wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:20 pmHawley & Langford both say they're answering the concerns & questions of their voters, in a way that's convincing to those voters back home.
Langford's up in '22, Hawley in '24 (still too soon for a national run). We'll see if they pay a price. It's a gamble. The Dems & the media will continue to hype this, but I predict it will soon be forgotten, at least in flyover country.
So Trump lies his teeth off to these voters, Trumpist enablers across the country zip their mouths shut at the obvious lying, and THEN we get..."Well, i'm just listening to my constituents." Voters that have been over-stuffed full of lies and tacit the RepubliCon establishment's support and encouragement of said lying, and BINGO! You get the Sedition Caucus puffing out their chests and hiding behind the so noble "i'm just listening to my constituents..."

Nice playbook for a rotting, dying political party...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

More than 75,000 new voters registered ahead of the Georgia runoffs. More than half of them were under the age of 35. nyti.ms/3s1guKH
Caddy Day
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:05 am More than 75,000 new voters registered ahead of the Georgia runoffs. More than half of them were under the age of 35. nyti.ms/3s1guKH
Loeffler says "a lot of people are saying, or I've heard" that 70,000 of them are under 16 years of age and the other 5,000 are dead folks.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:25 am
Matnum PI wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:05 am More than 75,000 new voters registered ahead of the Georgia runoffs. More than half of them were under the age of 35. nyti.ms/3s1guKH
Loeffler says "a lot of people are saying, or I've heard" that 70,000 of them are under 16 years of age and the other 5,000 are dead folks.
Q is strong in her.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:25 am Loeffler says "a lot of people are saying, or I've heard" that 70,000 of them are under 16 years of age and the other 5,000 are dead folks.
When I see these things I'm baffled how the person isn't joking...
Caddy Day
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:42 am
seacoaster wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:25 am Loeffler says "a lot of people are saying, or I've heard" that 70,000 of them are under 16 years of age and the other 5,000 are dead folks.
When I see these things I'm baffled how the person isn't joking...
Well...I made that one up. But it isn't far-fetched. The stupid toady is strong in Loeffler.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

now I'm not baffled because you were joking.
Caddy Day
CU88

Post by CU88 »

So I guess all of the Biden election fraud evidence that IMPOTUS o d has is locked up in a safe with his wonderful healthcare plan, infrastructure week, China's check for tariff's and that check from Mexico paying for the wall?

Make Extortion Great Again!
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:48 am now I'm not baffled because you were joking.
Let's give it a couple of days: my lame joke may...just turn true!
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:33 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:24 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:51 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:49 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:28 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:50 am
seacoaster wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:25 am
old salt wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:17 am
ggait wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:26 am At least these 7 conservative GOP congressfolk have a bit of a clue:

From a purely partisan perspective, Republican presidential candidates have won the national popular vote only once in the last 32 years. They have therefore depended on the electoral college for nearly all presidential victories in the last generation. If we perpetuate the notion that Congress may disregard certified electoral votes—based solely on its own assessment that one or more states mishandled the presidential election—we will be delegitimizing the very system that led Donald Trump to victory in 2016, and that could provide the only path to victory in 2024.

Word.

Doofuses like Salty, Hawley, Cruz and the 140 member House dumb-ass caucus need to think before speaking. States rights and the Electoral College are things that benefit the...wait for it...GOP. Wait, what?

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5324 ... -challenge
I agree with this part of their letter :
The elections held in at least six battleground states raise profound questions, and it is a legal, constitutional, and moral imperative that they be answered.
That's what is being done. Otherwise, it will be swept under the rug.
Such baloney. You reached the sad phase of your partisan episode.
Why are these republicans still sticking up for trump? They look like a complete bunch of idiots. This trump call to the SoS of Georgia was the most pathetic thing I have heard in a very long time. Go away trump, just go away, go play golf or something. The sad part is that this weed is now the face of the republican party. trump is making the democrats look brilliant, and that is a tough thing to do. The democrats just have to stand aside and watch trump implode all on his own.
You got it wrong. Schmidlap says it’s all by the book and for the betterment of the country. Trump is trying to save us from junk mail voting.
OS has his opinions and I respect the fact he stays loyal to his party. I'm judging that rat faced weasel trump by his own words and actions. The republican faithful should be running away from trump like he was a case of the clap.
Lindsey Graham called up Georgia officials and asked that they do something to overturn the election. Trump called..... you wonder what Trump had to say to Vlad after he cleared the room of all Americans.
This very sad episode is rock bottom for the republican party. IMO getting rid of trump should be a glorious and happy time for all Republicans. They still want to cling on to trump? Why???
Well, that's what happens when you drum out of the party as Rino's the moderate, rational types.

The Trump cult is all about power and hating the Dems, with the Dems just being an analogue for all those Others that they resent, fear, and hate. That hate is not going to disappear with Trump.
All things considered you moderate Republicans are still the equivalent of kissing your sister.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:55 am George Will in the Post this morning:

“Reserved seats at the children’s table”. Ha! Love me George Will
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:14 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:33 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:24 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:51 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:49 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:28 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:50 am
seacoaster wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:25 am
old salt wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:17 am
ggait wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:26 am At least these 7 conservative GOP congressfolk have a bit of a clue:

From a purely partisan perspective, Republican presidential candidates have won the national popular vote only once in the last 32 years. They have therefore depended on the electoral college for nearly all presidential victories in the last generation. If we perpetuate the notion that Congress may disregard certified electoral votes—based solely on its own assessment that one or more states mishandled the presidential election—we will be delegitimizing the very system that led Donald Trump to victory in 2016, and that could provide the only path to victory in 2024.

Word.

Doofuses like Salty, Hawley, Cruz and the 140 member House dumb-ass caucus need to think before speaking. States rights and the Electoral College are things that benefit the...wait for it...GOP. Wait, what?

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5324 ... -challenge
I agree with this part of their letter :
The elections held in at least six battleground states raise profound questions, and it is a legal, constitutional, and moral imperative that they be answered.
That's what is being done. Otherwise, it will be swept under the rug.
Such baloney. You reached the sad phase of your partisan episode.
Why are these republicans still sticking up for trump? They look like a complete bunch of idiots. This trump call to the SoS of Georgia was the most pathetic thing I have heard in a very long time. Go away trump, just go away, go play golf or something. The sad part is that this weed is now the face of the republican party. trump is making the democrats look brilliant, and that is a tough thing to do. The democrats just have to stand aside and watch trump implode all on his own.
You got it wrong. Schmidlap says it’s all by the book and for the betterment of the country. Trump is trying to save us from junk mail voting.
OS has his opinions and I respect the fact he stays loyal to his party. I'm judging that rat faced weasel trump by his own words and actions. The republican faithful should be running away from trump like he was a case of the clap.
Lindsey Graham called up Georgia officials and asked that they do something to overturn the election. Trump called..... you wonder what Trump had to say to Vlad after he cleared the room of all Americans.
This very sad episode is rock bottom for the republican party. IMO getting rid of trump should be a glorious and happy time for all Republicans. They still want to cling on to trump? Why???
Well, that's what happens when you drum out of the party as Rino's the moderate, rational types.

The Trump cult is all about power and hating the Dems, with the Dems just being an analogue for all those Others that they resent, fear, and hate. That hate is not going to disappear with Trump.
All things considered you moderate Republicans are still the equivalent of kissing your sister.
Extending the analogy to the ugly, the moderate Republicans would kiss their sisters on the cheek, the Trumpist would drunkenly toss their sisters on the bed and f-them. Ahh, just passion!
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Trump Pressures Pence to Reject Electoral Votes https://nyti.ms/3975LFw

The vice president plays a crucial but largely ceremonial role in certifying the election results in Congress. Here’s how Congress’s election tally actually works.

President Trump on Tuesday escalated his efforts to force Vice President Mike Pence to overturn President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr.’s victory, falsely asserting that Mr. Pence had the power to unilaterally throw out electoral votes on Wednesday when Congress meets to certify the election results.

But there is nothing in the Constitution or the law that explicitly gives a vice president that power, and aides close to Mr. Pence, who concede that he is facing a politically perilous moment, are convinced he will follow the normal procedures and confirm Mr. Biden’s election.

Still, most agree that Wednesday promises to be a long and confusing day on Capitol Hill — and a potentially agonizing one for Mr. Pence — as Mr. Trump’s Republican allies move to challenge Mr. Biden’s victory and force at least one vote on the matter that is expected to fail.

The proceeding will test what had long been considered little more than a paperwork exercise in American democracy: the certification of the election by Congress...
Caddy Day
ggait

Post by ggait »

and a potentially agonizing one for Mr. Pence
DO YOUR JOB!!

Think Al Gore had fun in 2001?

Fork Pence and a pox on his house if he doesn't just do his job. If he doesn't want to just DO HIS JOB, then he should just forking resign and let Grassley handle it. Don't let the door hit you on the way out Mike.

Sheesh.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Mikey and the Senate parliamentarian had a long meeting on Sunday. Hopefully she taped the meeting.

Return to “POLITICS”