JUST the Stolen Documents/Mar-A-Lago/"Judge" Cannon Trial

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
DD-Tech

Re: The Politics of National Security

Post by DD-Tech »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:52 pm Looks to me like the Iranians missed intentionally. They have behaved responsibly. Trump will probably f**k it up with his mouth tomorrow.
they behaved responsibly? they shot down a f*cking airliner filled with civilians.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

DD-Tech wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:02 am
jhu72 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:52 pm Looks to me like the Iranians missed intentionally. They have behaved responsibly. Trump will probably f**k it up with his mouth tomorrow.
they behaved responsibly? they shot down a f*cking airliner filled with civilians.
No idea what you are talking about. If you are referring to the Ukrainian 737 that crashed last night, there is zero evidence currently that this was anything but an accident.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

So.....whaddaya think.

Is that $80 million still on the table?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:47 am So.....whaddaya think.

Thought that it was now only $40 million. Somebody I suspect would do it for less than even that. :lol:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

I thought these were entirely separate incidents too. DD, what do you know??
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:13 am
I thought these were entirely separate incidents too. DD, what do you know??
just a hunch that they accidentally took it down. that's all I got.
Bart

Post by Bart »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:50 am
3rdPersonPlural wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:47 am So.....whaddaya think.

Thought that it was now only $40 million. Somebody I suspect would do it for less than even that. :lol:
Seriously? Even if the original post is a f'n joke. Come on.

You guys can crucify me all you want. Call me an apologist, I am not. What ever.......but even as a joke this is f'n just plain wrong. Hate the man. Hate his policies. Point out how destructive he is but this? It is beneath reasonable discussion. He was elected to the position and sorry, this is not cool.

It was not cool when people mused about it with Obama and it aint cool now.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Trinity wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:48 am What’s the strategy of surprising our NATO allies, countries with troops on those bases?
I'm confident that our coalition partners on the ground in Iraq were well informed by their US counterparts there & were taking parallel force protection measures, in lock step with us.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Nope - that was the USA shooting down Iran flight 655. That was sheer terrorism.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

old salt wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:41 am
a fan wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:35 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:42 pm
.:lol:. ....another tactics vs strategy hysteric.

Get a grip Doc. Sleep tight. No more war, tonight.
So you respond to that accusation that you're unable to think strategically----long term----with a "relax, everything will be fine for the next 8 hours".

Neat. Wanna take a big leap, and move that to 10 hours, and let Doc sleep in a little? ;)
I've been thinking strategically for a long time. Long enough to have told you it was a mistake we'd regret to pull out of Iraq & that the JCPOA would not survive beyond Obama's tenure. Long enough to tell you we became hopelessly entangled in the ME when we went ashore in '91.
Nobody realized it then, except you, me & Jim Webb.

The whole "strategy vs tactics" canard is an excuse for being too intellectually lazy to learn the granular tactical considerations which undergird a strategy. You can't discern a strategy ? Examine the tactics & the details surrounding the tactics, study a map, then the strategy becomes apparent.
...but it's more profound to tug your chin, scold "tactics not strategy" when you disagree, & cite Sun Tzu.
The nuclear agreement with Iran fell apart for one reason only: Trump.

The demise of that agreement was not a matter of prescience, it was a matter of idiocy.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
old salt

Post by old salt »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:46 am Analysis of Iran's Missile Strike.
That CNN "analysis"is pure speculation. 4 of 15 missiles failed in flight -- not impressive.
The accuracy of the drones & cruise missiles which struck the Saudi oil fields is irrelevant.
Ballistic missile accuracy is much less precise & more challenging to attain.
We don't know what anti-missile defensive measures we employed, & I hope it's not disclosed.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

… doesn't fit your narrative hey. :lol:

His 11AM speech was not much more than his passing gas. Probably didn't make it worse, but didn't move anything forward. :roll:

Back to impeachment leading the news. This dog has stopped wagging after today. He needs a new diversion.
Last edited by jhu72 on Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

old salt wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:33 am
That CNN "analysis"is pure speculation. 4 of 15 missiles failed in flight -- not impressive.
The accuracy of the drones & cruise missiles which struck the Saudi oil fields is irrelevant.
We don't know what anti-missile defensive measures we employed, & I hope it's not disclosed.
If you don’t think Iran could have killed a lot of Americans yesterday (and still could), then you should really stop commenting.

Iran emerges stronger than ever after this exchange. Trump has lost all credibility and even allies will be reluctant to follow such an erratic and untrustworthy individual. Compared to Trump, Ayatollah Khamanei comes out looking like the adult.

Bottom line: Iran fired ballistic missiles at U.S. forces and are getting away with it. The Iranians made their point and Trump backed off.

And Iran really has one course left ... become a nuclear power.

This is what happens when an ignorant moron like Trump is put in the Oval Office.

DocBarrister :roll:
@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:42 am … doesn't fit your narrative hey. :lol:

His 11AM speech was not much more than his passing gas. Probably didn't make it worse, but didn't move anything forward. :roll:
Trump barely got through it, despite it being written at a 5th grade level. He mangled or slurred more than a few words.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
old salt

Post by old salt »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:42 am … doesn't fit your narrative hey. :lol:
It's not evidence or data based. As a scientist, you should be cautioning that. I await the battle damage assessment.
I hope we don't disclose to the Iraqis anything they don't already know about their missiles performance or accuracy.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Doc, you'll have to forgive me for parsing your words and... Trump isn't an ignorant moron. He's a man with a Narcissistic Personality Disorder. (When the history books are written many years from now, we'll discuss NPDs much like we discuss anxiety, depression, ADHD, etc. today. i.e. We'll have a much better understanding of the disorder.) This isn't an excuse any more than being a psychopath is an excuse for throwing acid into a girlfriend's face. I'm just pointing out what the guy really is.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Bremmer took to Twitter to underscore that he's "far from a Trump supporter" but called it "impossible not to call Iran outcome a win for U.S. president" in a tweet to his more than 450,000 followers.

https://thehill.com/policy/internationa ... -for-trump
old salt

Post by old salt »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:47 am
old salt wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:33 am
If you don’t think Iran could have killed a lot of Americans yesterday (and still could), then you should really stop commenting.

Iran emerges stronger than ever after this exchange. Trump has lost all credibility and even allies will be reluctant to follow such an erratic and untrustworthy individual. Compared to Trump, Ayatollah Khamanei comes out looking like the adult.

Bottom line: Iran fired ballistic missiles at U.S. forces and are getting away with it. The Iranians made their point and Trump backed off.

And Iran really has one course left ... become a nuclear power.

This is what happens when an ignorant moron like Trump is put in the Oval Office.

DocBarrister :roll:
Sure they could have. They could have fired volleys of missiles at these targets & other more vulnerable targets in the Gulf states where our forces are more concentrated. They were deterred from launching a more serious strike. It was a calculated show of force, sufficient to be face saving for domestic purposes, especially when they also falsely report US casualties.

I was responding about the accuracy & effectiveness of the Iranian ballistic missiles employed, which we (the public) still don't know.
...& we don't have a need to know.

It's not rational to attribute good intentions to the IRGC, based on the performance of their ballistic missiles vs US defenses.
Last edited by old salt on Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

old salt wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:22 am
Trinity wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:48 am What’s the strategy of surprising our NATO allies, countries with troops on those bases?
I'm confident that our coalition partners on the ground in Iraq were well informed by their US counterparts there & were taking parallel force protection measures, in lock step with us.
Just like he did with the Kurds. :roll:

Return to “POLITICS”