Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
DMac

Re: IMPEACHMENT ... How many Articles?

Post by DMac »

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

DMac wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:42 pm Some sources claim so.
https://people.com/politics/melania-tru ... on-barron/
… think you missed my point. Of course it is attributed to her. Did she really do the tweeting? Did she really just go off like a mom with a cell phone? or was it her and staff helping and advising, did the president's team get involved? I am kind of skeptical it is 100% her effort.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
njbill

Post by njbill »

So Karlan says: “The Constitution says there can be no titles of nobility, so while the president can name his son Barron, he can’t make him a baron.”

And Mel tweets: “A minor child deserves privacy and should be kept out of politics. Pamela Karlan, you should be ashamed of your very angry and obviously biased public pandering, and using a child to do it.”

I'll bet He Who Shall Not Be Named has been mentioned in the press or on TV thousands of times without Mel sending a nasty-tweet or something similar.

At the time, I thought it was rather clever word play. Later my much more culturally sensitive daughter informed me that she didn't think the kid should be mentioned at all. She didn't think the prof did anything wrong, though, and thought Mel overreacted.

I'm not nearly as culturally sensitive as my daughter and think what Karlan said was just fine and Mel was way out of line. "Very angry"? Huh? "Public pandering" Double huh?

Please don't tell me we are at the point where we can't even mention a president's minor child's name. Karlan didn't criticize him. She didn't describe him in any way. She didn't defame or demean him. She didn't make fun of him. She didn't reveal any personal details about him, his school, his life, or his friends.

She. Said. His. Name. Full stop.
njbill

Post by njbill »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:39 am
DMac wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:42 pm Some sources claim so.
https://people.com/politics/melania-tru ... on-barron/
… think you missed my point. Of course it is attributed to her. Did she really do the tweeting? Did she really just go off like a mom with a cell phone? or was it her and staff helping and advising, did the president's team get involved? I am kind of skeptical it is 100% her effort.
Please don't say Donald controls her twitter account, too. I have a better idea. Put both accounts under the control of Barron.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

njbill wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:43 am So Karlan says: “The Constitution says there can be no titles of nobility, so while the president can name his son Barron, he can’t make him a baron.”

And Mel tweets: “A minor child deserves privacy and should be kept out of politics. Pamela Karlan, you should be ashamed of your very angry and obviously biased public pandering, and using a child to do it.”

I'll bet He Who Shall Not Be Named has been mentioned in the press or on TV thousands of times without Mel sending a nasty-tweet or something similar.

At the time, I thought it was rather clever word play. Later my much more culturally sensitive daughter informed me that she didn't think the kid should be mentioned at all. She didn't think the prof did anything wrong, though, and thought Mel overreacted.

I'm not nearly as culturally sensitive as my daughter and think what Karlan said was just fine and Mel was way out of line. "Very angry"? Huh? "Public pandering" Double huh?

Please don't tell me we are at the point where we can't even mention a president's minor child's name. Karlan didn't criticize him. She didn't describe him in any way. She didn't defame or demean him. She didn't make fun of him. She didn't reveal any personal details about him, his school, his life, or his friends.

She. Said. His. Name. Full stop.
I see it identical to you. We live in an age of rampant snowflake-ism. My daughter tells me all the time I am not sensitive enough to other people's feelings (generally hers :lol:) My sons don't seem to have caught this disease.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

LandM

Post by LandM »

DMac,
If that was your grand-daughter - the A&M Corp cadet being used as the butt of a joke on the international stage - based on your prior postings, you would be in TX making hay out of someone and she is an adult not a flipping kid. BTW good-luck to her as I hope she makes it and receives her commission and assignment;

Surprisingly no one has commented on the walking across the street to avoid a Trump hotel - I taught one year of college as a favor to a friend - fortunately most of my students were not as unhinged as those who have NO practical and real world experience teaching them. It must suck to be smarter then the average bear and be born in the right blood lines.

I still try and understand why when someone disagrees with someone out here - it must be because of Fox or Faux news. Seriously. I have read articles where CNN, Huffingting Post, Rolling Stones and a bunch of companies I have never heard of but assume they are a guy in a basement as the reporter being cited and yet one news organization is always cited - weak argument.

MD,
NO is New Orleans - my point is you grew up in a family that 95% of America did not grow up in. Can I afford a peloton (spelling) - yes. Do I have one? No, I ride a bike that my wife bought at a garage sale for $20 and still lift with my 30 year old weights - I get the same calorie loss. Sometimes it is ok to mingle with the deplorables or average - it can be refreshing.

CU88 - obviously you know nothing about Catholic Charities. You might want to do some homework before you criticize - btw go work in a soup kitchen or volunteer at the VA.....you might have a different opinion of us Catholics. BUT the good news is your girl Nancy is praying for your stability.

TLD, for someone who never attended The Ohio State - you sure make allot of noise, hopefully your kid did. I never went to Penn State and I never no matter how many times my wife buys me cra$ wear the stuff, Air Force all the way. Good for you that you could afford that - me, never eaten a sour dough pancake since I was 18 - money does not but happiness, it does buy food.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

“This will be the first draft Donald Trump can’t dodge,” Jimmy Kimmel said, referring to Thursday’s announcement that the House of Representatives would begin drafting impeachment articles against the president.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

“The only team that’s worked more closely than us is Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin.” - John Kerry when announcing his support of Joe Biden for President.

"I'm not on a timeline. I'm on a mission" - Nancy Pelosi at a town hall meeting last night in DC.
Last edited by Kismet on Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

LandM wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:19 am

CU88 - obviously you know nothing about Catholic Charities. You might want to do some homework before you criticize - btw go work in a soup kitchen or volunteer at the VA.....you might have a different opinion of us Catholics. BUT the good news is your girl Nancy is praying for your stability.
Pump your brakes, how & why I am the target of your ire on CC?
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
DMac

Post by DMac »

LandM wrote
DMac,
If that was your grand-daughter - the A&M Corp cadet being used as the butt of a joke on the international stage - based on your prior postings, you would be in TX making hay out of someone and she is an adult not a flipping kid. BTW good-luck to her as I hope she makes it and receives her commission and assignment;
Thanks.
Actually, these days it would more likely be the gdaughter going after her than I. What I took objection to is that it's simply not true that a twelve year old boy was picked on. I was watching when Kaplan said it and while I figured she'd get some heat for it, I did think it was rather clever and effective (I'd like to see how she has baron-Barron spelled in her notes, it could well be spelled baron twice. After all, this is about phonetics.)
I find social media to be an unchecked cesspool of misinformation which influences too many people's thinking and dumbs down America. "Picking on a twelve year old boy" is an example of that. It never happened which is why your comment drew my ire. No biggie all in all.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

LandM wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:54 pm Kram,
As a practicing Catholic who has endured my fair share of criticism for being such......
Serious question - which group(s) criticize you for being Catholic? Other Christians? Jews? Muslims?
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

DMac wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:59 am
LandM wrote
DMac,
Thanks.
Actually, these days it would more likely be the gdaughter going after her than I. What I took objection to is that it's simply not true that a twelve year old boy was picked on. I was watching when Kaplan said it and while I figured she'd get some heat for it, I did think it was rather clever and effective (I'd like to see how she has baron-Barron spelled in her notes, it could well be spelled baron twice. After all, this is about phonetics.)
I find social media to be an unchecked cesspool of misinformation which influences too many people's thinking and dumbs down America. "Picking on a twelve year old boy" is an example of that. It never happened which is why your comment drew my ire. No biggie all in all.
She could have made the same point by using a different example...like Earl

...or Prince. ;)
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

DMac wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:59 am
LandM wrote
DMac,
Thanks.

:lol: :lol: "and dumbs down America" -- one of the few things this country runs a surplus in.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

The oracles of the GOP are emphasizing the Baron-Barron Controversy...in the face of impeachment articles focusing on the President's use of foreign relations powers to secure favors from the vulnerable foreign government in exchange for aid and a White House meeting conferring legitimacy. Kind of says it all.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:43 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:07 pm
LandM wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:54 pm Kram,
As a practicing Catholic who has endured my fair share of criticism for being such......I am wondering when the elites out here are going to start bashing Nancy for being a practicing Catholic - loves everybody, even little boys? This will be interesting as to who can or will try to defend that comment. Come on elites. Maybe the Gilman smart guy can help us with that argument.

Speaking of little boys, the fact that an educated snot nosed white person, picks on a 12 year old kid..........that is way below the belt man and then some of you out here like the audience applauded....... After, she then states she is so unhinged that she has to walk across the street from a building. Really? Love to see her in a hostile environment and finally when making an apology she cannot even do it graciously. That was the best witness......sad and laughingstock.

BTW, what inner city person names their kid Noah.......this should get fun when the Senate takes over and the IG gets their mitts involved.
Pelosi won't get criticism from her party for being Catholic.
She, the Kennedys and Marty O'Malley are the perfect Catholics:
Catholic in name only, not practice.
Say that to Nancy Pelosi. :lol:
For what it's worth, her family has said similar things to me. And it wouldn't surprise me if they have said it to her.
My next door neighbor is a D'Alesandro. And they aren't ones to mince words.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Kismet wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:36 am “This will be the first draft Donald Trump can’t dodge,” Jimmy Kimmel said, referring to Thursday’s announcement that the House of Representatives would begin drafting impeachment articles against the president.

Left crucifies Trump for bone spurs. And seems to be cool with Clinton pursuing his education during Vietnam and Biden's sudden case of 1Y "Asthma."

:lol:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:51 am The oracles of the GOP are emphasizing the Baron-Barron Controversy...in the face of impeachment articles focusing on the President's use of foreign relations powers to secure favors from the vulnerable foreign government in exchange for aid and a White House meeting conferring legitimacy. Kind of says it all.
Poor Donald. People are mean to him.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:31 am
Kismet wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:36 am “This will be the first draft Donald Trump can’t dodge,” Jimmy Kimmel said, referring to Thursday’s announcement that the House of Representatives would begin drafting impeachment articles against the president.

Left crucifies Trump for bone spurs. And seems to be cool with Clinton pursuing his education during Vietnam and Biden's sudden case of 1Y "Asthma."

There is a big difference. Clinton and Biden didn't come from money. There was more than a little of the monied classes dodging the draft. At the time things like educational deferments were real things. There were real medical related rejections and deferments. Don't know anything about Biden's case.
LandM

Post by LandM »

CU88,
Look up page 506 - halfway down - you took a shot at Catholics per my post. I will be at the VA tomorrow wheeling vets and ensuring they have food to eat and you? I will be paying for food out of my pocket. Canandaigua, VA, come join me and I will see you in mass on Sunday.

It is great that Obama and Clinton somehow managed to get deferments. Trying to figure how they got that :D and not be criticized by the social media smart people.

DMac, social media has resulted IMHO into the dumbing of people. Hopefully the ship gets righted.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:31 am

There is a big difference. Clinton and Biden didn't come from money or powerful friends. There was more than a little of the monied classes dodging the draft. At the time things like educational deferments were real things. There were real medical related rejections and deferments. Don't know anything about Biden's case. The Air National Guard was also a very common dodge used by the well connected. This particular dodge I saw in action as a young man.
Last edited by jhu72 on Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “POLITICS”