Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
kramerica.inc

Re: IMPEACHMENT ... How many Articles?

Post by kramerica.inc »

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:06 pm 2 questions. These aren't rhetorical or set-ups, I just trust this group of pasty old white guys (who all love lacrosse and claim to also all love dogs) to offer up some informed answers for me.

I'm thinking about what happens if the R wins the Electoral College with Trump but loses the Senate and doesn't regain the House. Maybe the Senate is 55% Dem......

1. Can Trump get re-impeached? No double Jeopardy?

2. If Trump is re-elected, will any of the financial shenanigans he's liable for prior to his election become un-prosecutable due to the Statute of Limitations?

Thanks
You're mistaking this impeachment being anyhtign other than political. And you're mistaking the left (or right) of caring about anything other than the (next) upcoming election.

Trump will be a lame duck at that point. No need to impeach. Dems will have a clear shot to the White House due to the natural pendulum nature of the presidency. No need for a second impeachment, justified or not.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

DMac wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:16 pm
LandM wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:54 pm Speaking of little boys, the fact that an educated snot nosed white person, picks on a 12 year old kid..........that is way below the belt man and then some of you out here like the audience applauded....... After, she then states she is so unhinged that she has to walk across the street from a building. Really? Love to see her in a hostile environment and finally when making an apology she cannot even do it graciously. That was the best witness......sad and laughingstock.

BTW, what inner city person names their kid Noah.......this should get fun when the Senate takes over and the IG gets their mitts involved.
This is absolute nonsense, LandM, nothing more than making something out of nothing. In our click bait/sound bite driven world a poor choice to use as an anaology in the setting she was in, but no twelve year old kid was picked on.
+1, as usual.

And this, about Professor Turley's performance yesterday:

"Turley beclowned himself with his remarks, because this is not the first time Jonathan Turley has testified about impeachment. In 1998, testifying in front of the House Judiciary Committee during the Clinton impeachment hearing, Turley said, “No matter how you feel about President Clinton, no matter how you feel about the independent counsel, by his own conduct, he has deprived himself of the perceived legitimacy to govern. You need both political and legal legitimacy to govern this nation, because the President must be able to demand an absolute sacrifice from the public at a moment’s notice.”

It’s impossible to explain the shameless hypocrisy of Turley’s conflicting statements without concluding that his testimony, in both hearings, was offered in bad faith. Can Turley really expect us to believe that he would support impeachment if Trump lied about what he got on Volodymyr Zelensky’s blue dress, but would also support Bill Clinton’s right to extort a foreign power to influence an American election? Turley can’t square his Trump testimony with his Clinton testimony; all he can hope for is that people are too polite to call him a hypocrite to his face.

Jonathan Turley is punking us. The only dangerous lowering of standards we saw at the hearing was the smuggling of Jonathan Turley onto a panel of experts, the rest of whom were able to testify with academic integrity."
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:27 pm You're mistaking this impeachment being anyhtign other than political.
Disagree. Pelosi is telling future Presidents that you can't ask foreign government to investigate a political rival.

This is no small thing. Pelosi is doing the right thing. Yes, for a change of pace, but.....
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:33 pm So this was just Pelosi calling out a bad reporter/journalist?

I found it interesting because a lot of people around here hate when the Trumpster shoots back at reporters he disagrees with and talks to reporters that way.

Carry on.
I don't know what organization the reporter was from, but that may have had something to do with it. The reporter, in the way he asked the question accused Pelosi of "hating" Trump, whether he intended the question that way or not, a reasonable "hearing" of the question could interpret it as accusation. She is hardcore Roman Catholic - they don't come any more hardcore (her family, parents, now dead grandparents, siblings, etc.)
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:42 pm
LandM wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:54 pm Speaking of little boys, the fact that an educated snot nosed white person, picks on a 12 year old kid..........that is way below the belt man and then some of you out here like the audience applauded....... After, she then states she is so unhinged that she has to walk across the street from a building. Really? Love to see her in a hostile environment and finally when making an apology she cannot even do it graciously. That was the best witness......sad and laughingstock.

BTW, what inner city person names their kid Noah.......this should get fun when the Senate takes over and the IG gets their mitts involved.
This is absolute nonsense, LandM, nothing more than making something out of nothing. In our click bait/sound bite driven world a poor choice to use as an anaology in the setting she was in, but no twelve year old kid was picked on.
+1, as usual.

"Turley beclowned himself with his remarks, because this is not the first time Jonathan Turley has testified about impeachment. In 1998, testifying in front of the House Judiciary Committee during the Clinton impeachment hearing, Turley said, “No matter how you feel about President Clinton, no matter how you feel about the independent counsel, by his own conduct, he has deprived himself of the perceived legitimacy to govern. You need both political and legal legitimacy to govern this nation, because the President must be able to demand an absolute sacrifice from the public at a moment’s notice.”

It’s impossible to explain the shameless hypocrisy of Turley’s conflicting statements without concluding that his testimony, in both hearings, was offered in bad faith. Can Turley really expect us to believe that he would support impeachment if Trump lied about what he got on Volodymyr Zelensky’s blue dress, but would also support Bill Clinton’s right to extort a foreign power to influence an American election? Turley can’t square his Trump testimony with his Clinton testimony; all he can hope for is that people are too polite to call him a hypocrite to his face.

Jonathan Turley is punking us. The only dangerous lowering of standards we saw at the hearing was the smuggling of Jonathan Turley onto a panel of experts, the rest of whom were able to testify with academic integrity."
Turley wants a lucrative spot on Trump’s impeachment defense team. He made lots of money unsuccessfully defending an impeached federal judge a number of years back and I strongly suspect cash is driving his positions today. Money has a tendency to corrupt people. Trump, Giuliani, and Turley are good examples of this sad fact.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:02 pm
LandM wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:54 pm Speaking of little boys, the fact that an educated snot nosed white person, picks on a 12 year old kid..........that is way below the belt man and then some of you out here like the audience applauded.......
Case in point when I say libs don't have a corner on the Political Correctness Industry.

She made a play on words (Baron vs Barron). She said nothing negative about the kid. But the right is offended.

See how this works? The right laughs at the lib snowflakes getting offended about everything and anything.....right before they clutch their pearls and get offended by everything and anything.

Pick a lane. Either we should all try and be kind to one another...or stop complaining when the "unkindness happens to you".

Trump fans, as you know, chose rudeness, and make fun of attempts at PC civility.

So guess what? Everything is fair game now. Their choice, not mine.
It's just one more diversion for not being able to articulate a sensible argument that actually defends what Trump did. Stupid pun, even more stupid reaction by the right. Right wing snowflake-ism.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

The reporter was James Rosen, bounced from Fox for sexual harassment issues, now at Sinclair Network. It’s all about Trump’s victimhood. Everyone is being so mean instead of stopping opioids.
Last edited by Trinity on Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
DMac

Post by DMac »

Thanks for that post, sc, really can learn a lot sometimes hanging around this place.
Wow, Turley is one smooth character who speaks with forked tongue.
Sadly, the average Jaquella will never know this. ;)
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:24 pm
3rdPersonPlural wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:06 pm 2 questions. These aren't rhetorical or set-ups, I just trust this group of pasty old white guys (who all love lacrosse and claim to also all love dogs) to offer up some informed answers for me.

I'm thinking about what happens if the R wins the Electoral College with Trump but loses the Senate and doesn't regain the House. Maybe the Senate is 55% Dem......

2. If Trump is re-elected, will any of the financial shenanigans he's liable for prior to his election become un-prosecutable due to the Statute of Limitations?
Thanks
Now this pasty faced old white guy is questioning whether his dog still loves him.😢
Apparently not, but I still would love some informed answers?!!??

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

DocBarrister wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:54 pm
seacoaster wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:42 pm

+1, as usual.

Turley wants a lucrative spot on Trump’s impeachment defense team. He made lots of money unsuccessfully defending an impeached federal judge a number of years back and I strongly suspect cash is driving his positions today. Money has a tendency to corrupt people. Trump, Giuliani, and Turley are good examples of this sad fact.

DocBarrister :?
Perhaps, but I am not so sure. He really didn't do Trump any big favor yesterday. He did not say Trump was not guilty, he did not say the democrat's case was all garbage, he only said he felt it had not been proved. His argument was not firmly based in constitutional law, but was based in the "practicality" of convincing the greatest number of people. He really didn't punch any hole in the democrat's case. I heard a talking head today say that the republicans had asked a number of other conservative lawyers to testify and had no other takers. Don't know whether this is true or not. I am not so sure Trump would want Turley. I doubt he is willing to make the arguments that Trump wants made. He certainly did not make them yesterday.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Trinity wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:02 pm The reporter was James Rosen, bounced from Fox for sexual harassment issues, now at Sinclair Network. It’s all about Trump’s victimhood. Everyone is being so mean instead of stopping opioids.
Sinclair is an even bigger bag of scum than Faux News.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:15 pm

1. Can Trump get re-impeached? No double Jeopardy? -- yes, there is historical precedent. Don't worry he will take more actions that are impeachable, it's in his nature

2. If Trump is re-elected, will any of the financial shenanigans he's liable for prior to his election become un-prosecutable due to the Statute of Limitations? -- don't know for sure, but suspect a strong case can be made for pausing statute of limitations while president, otherwise the president is effectively above the law.
Thanks
Now this pasty faced old white guy is questioning whether his dog still loves him.😢

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:07 pm
LandM wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:54 pm Kram,
As a practicing Catholic who has endured my fair share of criticism for being such......I am wondering when the elites out here are going to start bashing Nancy for being a practicing Catholic - loves everybody, even little boys? This will be interesting as to who can or will try to defend that comment. Come on elites. Maybe the Gilman smart guy can help us with that argument.

Speaking of little boys, the fact that an educated snot nosed white person, picks on a 12 year old kid..........that is way below the belt man and then some of you out here like the audience applauded....... After, she then states she is so unhinged that she has to walk across the street from a building. Really? Love to see her in a hostile environment and finally when making an apology she cannot even do it graciously. That was the best witness......sad and laughingstock.

Pelosi won't get criticism from her party for being Catholic.
She, the Kennedys and Marty O'Malley are the perfect Catholics:
Catholic in name only, not practice.
Say that to Nancy Pelosi. :lol:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:15 pm

Thanks

I don't hate you. I still love you as a fellow human being, even with all of your many shortcomings. If you are truly looking for informed answers, brother you have come to the wrong place indeed. If you want snark and politically biased rhetoric, make yourself some hot chocolate and kick back in your easy chair... you are home. :D
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
njbill

Post by njbill »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:17 pm I heard a talking head today say that the republicans had asked a number of other conservative lawyers to testify and had no other takers.
They should have tried Joe and Vicky. Joe could have worn his bolo tie.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Thanks
.:lol:. Me too. ...I'm also now wracked with selfdoubt. Today, leaving the dog park, one of our 2 legged members of the happy hour crowd gave my guys a treat. My big one has a sty on a lower eyelid. I told our mutual friend that we're going to the vet tomorrow morning. I the parking lot, while loading, my big guy slipped his loop leash & headed for the woods. I drove around looking for him for 20 min, before he showed back up at the gate to re-enter the dog park enclosure to get another treat. We agreed that he probably heard me talking about taking him to the vet.

...the Senate will have to be 67% (D) to convict & remove Trump.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

CU88 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:21 pm
LandM wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:54 pm
As a practicing Catholic who has endured
No need to say anything else...
:lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:46 pm

Thanks
.:lol:. Me too. ...I'm also now wracked with selfdoubt. Today, leaving the dog park, one of our 2 legged members of the happy hour crowd gave my guys a treat. My big one has a sty on a lower eyelid. I told our mutual friend that we're going to the vet tomorrow morning. I the parking lot, while loading, my big guy slipped his loop leash & headed for the woods. I drove around looking for him for 20 min, before he showed back up at the gate to re-enter the dog park enclosure to get another treat. We agreed that he probably heard me talking about taking him to the vet.

...the Senate will have to be 67% (D) to convict & remove Trump.
Smart dog. :)

Yup, no double jeopardy but good luck re-litigating the same fact set.

But Trump could well be the gift that keeps on giving when it comes to corruption so, 'priors' could nevertheless be relevant to a new offense. And there could be far greater evidence later, including on Ukraine etc, than there is now, maybe even enough to be persuasive to get to that 67%.

The benefit of actual control of the Senate (solely within this context) would be the rules set by the Majority. That and who gets subpoenaed by the Senate, etc.

But it would be foolish to simply re-litigate the same offense without a sense that the country and the GOP had actually changed their minds about it.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:27 pm
Trinity wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:02 pm The reporter was James Rosen, bounced from Fox for sexual harassment issues, now at Sinclair Network. It’s all about Trump’s victimhood. Everyone is being so mean instead of stopping opioids.
Sinclair is an even bigger bag of scum than Faux News.
Tru Dat.
LandM

Post by LandM »

MD,
The rich white prep school known as Gilman is Catholic - no? $35,000 a year to go to prep school? It is ok to be a born with a silver spoon? Did daddy buy you your way into Dartmouth? And did JR get into Harvard because of daddy and Grandpa? Might want to look into that mirror big boy.

I was going to bust on you about Pelaton but that was too easy.

DMac if that was your grandkid..........you would be pi$$ed..........I have read enough of your posts to know that a bunch of kids in Dallas would not have grandpa sit idly by.

CU88 - I am a proud Catholic - if you do not like, kiss mine bud. I am who I am and the lady was a disgusting and vile individual. Not only was she ugly varm, she was disgusting.

Return to “POLITICS”