Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: IMPEACHMENT ... Bribery, Extortion and Abuse of Power

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:14 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:07 pm
ggait wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:04 pm
Trump was making certain he was just not going to follow same ole same ole policy and business as usual
Come on YA.

All the pros in the govt were implementing an anti-corruption policy for UK. They all thought progress was being made. None of the dozens of pros were specifically focused on Burisma. The only folks who gave a rip specifically about Burisma were Trump, Rudy, Sondland, Lev and Igor. The irregular amateurs. And they focused on no other companies or investigations beyond Burisma and Crowdstrike.

So you really believe that that had nothing to do with Biden being the Dem front runner? And everything to do with Trump wanting to go above and beyond the pros as a UK anti-corruption fighter?

I'm literally laughing out loud as I type that. I just can't believe you really believe that. By the way, 70% of the country doesn't believe that.
ahhh, but 25% does think that, so YA does have company.
Pretty big % of Americans also think the moon landing was staged too.
Go to bed....Jeopardy is over. ;) tongue in cheek. :lol:
Sleep well my friend.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:17 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:57 pm Agreed. I did hear on a couple talk radio shows when other retired officers called in that they thought it was smug for him to correct Nunes.
Officious
He seemed a bit embarrassed by it himself, I'd call it "prickly"; a guy whose family is under witness protection and been described as a traitor, a spy, might well be a bit "prickly" when someone who is a quite active part of that right wing BS machine doesn't properly address him.

But when questioned about it later he seemed eager to give Nunes a pass on not meaning any disrespect (at least consciously). Nunes is a gross partisan putz, but unlikely intended that particular slight. Later on someone else made the error as well and he didn't flinch that time.
DMac

Post by DMac »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:57 pm Agreed. I did hear on a couple talk radio shows when other retired officers called in that they thought it was smug for him to correct Nunes.
Officious
No better time or place for the Lt. Col. to be smug than while being badgered by the offensive and smug Nunes. That's Lt. Col. to you, schidthead. Bet those retired officers who called in wear MAGA hats too.

Am curious about this, OS, what part of this definition applies to the Lt. Col.?

Vocabulary.com DictionaryAdvanced Search List Builder Random Word
officious
Though officious sounds like official, it means being annoyingly eager to do more than is required. "The officious lunch lady made everyone's food choices her business, and made nasty comments when students chose cookies over carrots."

Officious is a tricky word as it seems like it might mean something like office or official. Instead, it is a word to describe someone that acts more official than they actually are. People who are officious are busybodies. They want to make their opinions known and followed, despite not having any kind of real power.

Is it the acting more official than he actually is, or the not having any kind of real power part?
ggait

Post by ggait »

I'm completely baffled how Morrison today could testify he saw no bribe, no extortion, no quid pro quo. Since he testified to this today:

Under questioning from Democrats, Tim Morrison, the former top National Security Council official for Russia and European affairs, was asked to recall a September 1 conversation between US Ambassador to the EU Gordon Sondland and Ukraine official Andriy Yermak.

Goldman: “What did Ambassador Sondland tell you that he told Mr. Yermak?”

Morrison: “That the Ukrainians would have to have the prosecutor general make a statement with respect to the investigations as a condition of having the aid lifted.”

Gordo up bright and early tomorrow. I can't even guess what Gordo's strategy is going to be.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

a fan wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:07 pm
Heck, would you run for POTUS if you knew that it was perfectly acceptable for your President to use the FBI to investigate you and your family for anything and everything under the sun?
Given the importance of the president, I would like the FBI to check out all the candidates.
Live Free or Die!
a fan

Post by a fan »

That's cool. It's never been done before, but ok. Seems pretty Police State to me, and anti-American, though. Pretty unlikely Trump would have gotten FBI clearance, I'd think. Bankruptcies, "aversion" to telling the truth, overseas dealings in corrupt countries, non stop lawsuits, etc. seem like enormous red flags to me.

But again----and it's pretty clear you agree----that's not at all the same thing as the President asking for an investigation into his political rival.

We're good here.
old salt

Post by old salt »

DMac wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:37 pm
Officious
No better time or place for the Lt. Col. to be smug than while being badgered by the offensive and smug Nunes. That's Lt. Col. to you, schidthead. Bet those retired officers who called in wear MAGA hats too.

Am curious about this, OS, what part of this definition applies to the Lt. Col.?

officious
Though officious sounds like official, it means being annoyingly eager to do more than is required. "The officious lunch lady made everyone's food choices her business, and made nasty comments when students chose cookies over carrots."

Officious is a tricky word as it seems like it might mean something like office or official. Instead, it is a word to describe someone that acts more official than they actually are. People who are officious are busybodies. They want to make their opinions known and followed, despite not having any kind of real power.

Is it the acting more official than he actually is, or the not having any kind of real power part?
He didn't need to remind anyone of his rank or his service. He had plenty of Congressional show ponies doing it on his behalf.
I know he was probably coached to do it that way, but he laid it on really thick with his family bio & playing to the gallery.
I was taken aback at the way he snapped back at Nunes. If you look at his expression, it looked like he knew he screwed up.
It was amusing hearing him read his fitness report submitted by the PHD he worked for. Poor form. It had all the right buzzwords that he gave her on his brag sheet, but it didn't get him promoted. TMI. His boss Morrison dropped a safe on him. He should have let his record speak for itself & let the fawning Congresspeople draw out the positive stuff via their questions. He has a solid record. He's obviously in the tank for the Ukrainians -- not surprising, nor unreasonable, given his personal & professional history. It's become personal for him. In terms of the interagency process, he seems more advocate than honest broker. Even if it was a joke, the fact that a senior Ukrainian govt official 3 times offered him a job as their Defense Minister indicates an inappropriate level of familiarity. I hope his confidence in the new & improved Ukraine 4.0 proves to be merited. We (& the EUros) have poured a lot of money down that sink hole since the Orange Revolution, without much to show for it.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

I never cease to be amazed by people here who hold folks they disagree with to such low standards (as in the case of the Lt. Col) and then give the biggest dirtbag of them all (CiC) a complete pass on everything he does.

I can't wait to see how you spin the latest SEAL case, where the Admiral in charge of SEALs announced his intent to take Tridents from three SEAL officers and one CPO (who was pardoned last week by the stable genius) as he attempts to rebuild the tarnished recent reputation of the organization after a series of embarrassing incidents. Word is that CIC Bone spurs might recsind this action, too and fire the Admiral for carrying out the action.
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

Kismet wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:58 am I never cease to be amazed by people here who hold folks they disagree with to such low standards (as in the case of the Lt. Col) and then give the biggest dirtbag of them all (CiC) a complete pass on everything he does.

I can't wait to see how you spin the latest SEAL case, where the Admiral in charge of SEALs announced his intent to take Tridents from three SEAL officers and one CPO (who was pardoned last week by the stable genius) as he attempts to rebuild the tarnished recent reputation of the organization after a series of embarrassing incidents. Word is that CIC Bone spurs might recsind this action, too and fire the Admiral for carrying out the action.

Multiple war heroes slam Vindman because he’s a prissy disgrace with an agenda. He’s also a liar and should be charged with perjury

Doesn’t fit your narrative now does it?

https://amgreatness.com/2019/11/19/mult ... wY.twitter
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Bandito wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:37 am
Kismet wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:58 am I never cease to be amazed by people here who hold folks they disagree with to such low standards (as in the case of the Lt. Col) and then give the biggest dirtbag of them all (CiC) a complete pass on everything he does.

Multiple war heroes slam Vindman because he’s a prissy disgrace with an agenda. He’s also a liar and should be charged with perjury

Doesn’t fit your narrative now does it?

https://amgreatness.com/2019/11/19/mult ... wY.twitter
Plus bandito....he's "only" an E-5, after 20 years. granted, one of the hardest ranks to get (full bird), but still........you should really attack his career record bandito. :roll: Go get em bandito. What rank did you achieve, bandito? :lol:

Look, trump did something wrong.....he knew it was wrong.....tried to bury it........which furthered the wrongful act.

equivalent to taking an extra cookie from the jar kind of wrongful act.

All of you.....you're trying to tell us that your local state Representative is smoozing with the next to be charged with corruption speaker of the Massachusettes house, on NOT again...... so their district gets that grant.

Nope.....political donors neither.......they don't get lucrative contracts for their gifts, evah.

yup....tRump is the ONLY politician in the history of the earth to withhold aid (raytheon welfare ) for a "favor" . Is THIS what people are really thinking if watching the waste of time Ukraine =impeachment.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Is that you Frito Bandito in this clip? :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Kismet on Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Cooter wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:23 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:07 pm
Heck, would you run for POTUS if you knew that it was perfectly acceptable for your President to use the FBI to investigate you and your family for anything and everything under the sun?
Given the importance of the president, I would like the FBI to check out all the candidates.
Trump called these two guys.

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/23/77184904 ... achment-in
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Kismet wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:59 am

Is that you Frito Bandito is this clip? :lol: :lol:
… and we allow these people to vote. :lol: :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:10 am

THey are from California....gotta give them a pass. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
DMac

Post by DMac »

old salt wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:31 am
DMac wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:37 pm
Officious

officious

He didn't need to remind anyone of his rank or his service.I think this was a matter of pride, not a reminder of rank or service. Hear what he says here when questioned about why he'd wear his uniform (which I find to be perfectly appropriate).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDcm7Dr7i0Y
Further, Stewart's commenting on it not being the uniform of the day (no comment on Jordan's though) is completely inappropriate. While I believe he wears civilian clothes in his day to day job, this is a formal hearing which warrants his dress blues, IMO. It's not that complicated, his hostile interrogators just wanted to make an issue of it.
He had plenty of Congressional show ponies doing it on his behalf.Yes, he also has plenty of Congressional show ponies, as well as CiC, who will down play his service and let us all know what a flunkie he is. Good time to sit in front of them with his Combat Infantry Badge and Purple Heart on.
I know he was probably coached to do it that way, but he laid it on really thick with his family bio & playing to the gallery.Yup, a little thick, but aren't they all playing to the gallery?
I was taken aback at the way he snapped back at Nunes. If you look at his expression, it looked like he knew he screwed up.Yup, he looked a little nervous but I don't think he thought he screwed up, I think he was waiting for the opportunity to jump on the arrogant Nunes and he took advantage the opening he gave him.
It was amusing hearing him read his fitness report submitted by the PHD he worked for. Poor form. It had all the right buzzwords that he gave her on his brag sheet, but it didn't get him promoted. TMI. His boss Morrison dropped a safe on him. He should have let his record speak for itself & let the fawning Congresspeople draw out the positive stuff via their questions. He has a solid record.Yup. He's obviously in the tank for the Ukrainians -- not surprising, nor unreasonable, given his personal & professional history. It's become personal for him. In terms of the interagency process, he seems more advocate than honest broker. Even if it was a joke, the fact that a senior Ukrainian govt official 3 times offered him a job as their Defense Minister indicates an inappropriate level of familiarity.Not buying this, it wasn't intended as a joke it was intended as a smear and a challange of the man's integrity and commitment to country and duty. This was a seed planted to create doubt (or you could call it a cheap shot ot low blow). I hope his confidence in the new & improved Ukraine 4.0 proves to be merited.Me too. We (& the EUros) have poured a lot of money down that sink hole since the Orange Revolution, without much to show for it.
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

When you get owned, you post stupid videos. Well done. Another mush for brains loser Democrat enters the forum. Better get your safe space ready. Trump is your President
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:10 am

Look in the mirror. Your party is filled with sissy cuck boys and men wanting to be women and sexual predators
LandM

Post by LandM »

Kismet - you can find the same clips ALL over the internet that do the same for Obama - what was your point?

As an O-5 you are a mid level manager at best and a cog in the wheel at worst - would I have followed that Bluto into bad situations - nope, but reluctantly I would have had to and probably some of us would have dragged him out of that situation; :lol:

Instead of looking at Gallagher - look at Losey - SEAL, Admiral, a warrior - career ruined by McCain - you have no clue as to the ethos and ethics of that bond so stop pretending that you do;

You same 7 guys come out here and on one regard hate on the military people as it does not fit your MO and when conveniently love the same person because it does fit the MO - look in the mirror boys.

MD, you are not the judge and jury - if you do not like Bandito's posts then why mock him? He has an opposing view of yours and you are part of the problem - do not like it then mock him and call him a troll - why not ignore or post FACTUAL responses back.

This is mostly a board of 10 - get off the high horses please.

BTW Kismet, I am damn proud of graduating from the junior military academy as they taught me as did my training to think outside the box......your tax dollars paid for that :lol:
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

LandM wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:45 am Kismet - you can find the same clips ALL over the internet that do the same for Obama - what was your point?

As an O-5 you are a mid level manager at best and a cog in the wheel at worst - would I have followed that Bluto into bad situations - nope, but reluctantly I would have had to and probably some of us would have dragged him out of that situation; :lol:

Instead of looking at Gallagher - look at Losey - SEAL, Admiral, a warrior - career ruined by McCain - you have no clue as to the ethos and ethics of that bond so stop pretending that you do;

You same 7 guys come out here and on one regard hate on the military people as it does not fit your MO and when conveniently love the same person because it does fit the MO - look in the mirror boys.

MD, you are not the judge and jury - if you do not like Bandito's posts then why mock him? He has an opposing view of yours and you are part of the problem - do not like it then mock him and call him a troll - why not ignore or post FACTUAL responses back.

This is mostly a board of 10 - get off the high horses please.

BTW Kismet, I am damn proud of graduating from the junior military academy as they taught me as did my training to think outside the box......your tax dollars paid for that :lol:
They are morons. They’re so deranged that Trump is their President and will be through 2024, they can’t get over it. Instead of trying to figure out ways to beat Trump in election (they can’t because Dem policies never work) they have initiated a sham impeachment which actually unveiled how corrupt Dems are! The impeachment proceedings exonerated Trump while implicating the Biden’s and others. How amazing! Democrats are the biggest threat to this nation and need to be dealt with swiftly before they turn us into a third world country
LandM

Post by LandM »

TLD,
I forgot you - any football fan thinks OSU are a bunch of a$$holes - be a$$holes all day long as you get no respect and the The in front of Ohio State is an a$$ole move - haters gonna hate but it is childish and going on a limb - you never graduated from that school as almost 100% who did do not use "The"

The - good on you to follow and cheer for a winner - you are t the best of my knowledge taking advantage of rich kids and their money - good on you. Cannot wait for your sarcastic one liner - you coach kids into how to get around the rules and play D1 lax - know allot of you and everyone I met do not have real jobs and cheat - good luck in your career.

Return to “POLITICS”