Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: IMPEACHMENT ... Bribery, Extortion and Abuse of Power

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:27 pm
ggait wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:51 pm
making certain that IF Biden did do something corrupt it gets shaken out before our US Election
Why would that be appropriate? Shouldn't that be an RNC oppo research operation rather than a goal of bi-partisanly appropriated tax payer dollars? Why does that have to be shaken out before the 2020 election?

There seemed to be zero interest from Trump or any other part of the govt regarding this during 2017 and 2018 (when Biden was gone, Trump was in office and UK getting aid). There's plenty of corrupt companies in UK beyond Burisma.

But come 2019, the focus is on exactly one UK company beyond all/any others. And in pursuit of that, WH meetings and aide get held up. And the person who was pushing all this on Trump was Rudy (assisted by Igor and Lev). Why didn't any of Trump's nat security types care about this before 2019. It's not like Bolton, Pompeo, Perry, Mulvaney, Tillerson, McMaster, etc. were pinko lefties in the tank for Biden. But no one cares about any of this except for Rudy and Trump. So Rudy is the only smart one out of the whole govt?

GOLDMAN: You would agree, right, that asking a foreign government to investigate a domestic political rival is inappropriate, would you not?
MORRISON: It’s not what we recommended the president discuss.
GOLDMAN: Were these references to Crowdstrike, the server, 2016 election and to [the Bidens], were they included in the president’s talking points?
MORRISON: They were not.
GOLDMAN: And were they consistent with ... official U.S. policy?
MORRISON: I was not aware of much of this.

So it is just a coincidence that the sole company focused on (per Trump and Rudy but which focus no one else shared) beginning in 2019 has a connection to the Dem nomination front runner?

If you really believe that, can I commence bridge sale negotiations with you? Because you seem very trusting...
You are making my point, as did Volker and Morrison. Their responses on inappropriate had to do with Ukraine Business as they saw it, hence the “eye roll comment by Volker”. Certainly no state policy would involve corruption investigation conversation. Trump was making certain he was just not going to follow same ole same ole policy and business as usual, especially follow 3 plus years of Ukraine dump.
Why not just set US Government Policy? Why wasn’t it documented? That’s how you run your business? Have guys not part of your company run point on a major project and nobody at the company knows about it? GTFOOH
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:43 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:33 pm God forbid Trump Administration does its due diligence in first, making certain new Ukraine President is trustworthy before we hand them Javelins, AND making certain that IF Biden did do something corrupt it gets shaken out before our US Election. That way he can not be blamed like some of the R's blame Obama for doing nothing on Russia and shipping cash overnight...althgough it was owed cash to Iran.
Let's buy your nonsense for a moment.

If this what you think happened, again: why did Trump and the R's release the funding to Ukraine?

Just say "I don't care that Trump did this", and spare us the nonsense. I'm fine with that position.

Least of all....you. You don't believe what you are selling.
In those 55 days absolutely nothing changed. No Quid, No Pro Quo. Simple as that.

Read me response below to Kismet....I don’t think he did
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:31 pm
making certain that IF Biden did do something corrupt it gets shaken out before our US Election
Why would that be appropriate? Shouldn't that be an RNC oppo research operation rather than a goal of bi-partisanly appropriated tax payer dollars? Why does that have to be shaken out before the 2020 election?

There seemed to be zero interest from Trump or any other part of the govt regarding this during 2017 and 2018 (when Biden was gone, Trump was in office and UK getting aid). There's plenty of corrupt companies in UK beyond Burisma.

But come 2019, the focus is on exactly one UK company beyond all/any others. And in pursuit of that, WH meetings and aide get held up. And the person who was pushing all this on Trump was Rudy (assisted by Igor and Lev). Why didn't any of Trump's nat security types care about this before 2019. It's not like Bolton, Pompeo, Perry, Mulvaney, Tillerson, McMaster, etc. were pinko lefties in the tank for Biden. But no one cares about any of this except for Rudy and Trump. So Rudy is the only smart one out of the whole govt?

GOLDMAN: You would agree, right, that asking a foreign government to investigate a domestic political rival is inappropriate, would you not?
GOLDMAN: Were these references to Crowdstrike, the server, 2016 election and to [the Bidens], were they included in the president’s talking points?

So it is just a coincidence that the sole company focused on (per Trump and Rudy but which focus no one else shared) beginning in 2019 has a connection to the Dem nomination front runner?

If you really believe that, can I commence bridge sale negotiations with you? Because you seem very trusting...
You are making my point, as did Volker and Morrison. Their responses on inappropriate had to do with Ukraine Business as they saw it, hence the “eye roll comment by Volker”. Certainly no state policy would involve corruption investigation conversation. Trump was making certain he was just not going to follow same ole same ole policy and business as usual, especially follow 3 plus years of Ukraine dump.
Why not just set US Government Policy? Why wasn’t it documented? That’s how you run your business? Have guys not part of your company run point on a major project and nobody at the company knows about it? GTFOOH
GTFOOH? Why are so angry?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:36 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:31 pm

GTFOOH? Why are so angry?
Angry? Not many things in life are worth getting angry over.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Just haven’t seen you drop f-bombs before, that’s all.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:39 pm Just haven’t seen you drop f-bombs before, that’s all.
I was thinking that the last time I was angry was probably fall 2012.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Trump was making certain he was just not going to follow same ole same ole policy and business as usual
Come on YA.

All the pros in the govt were implementing an anti-corruption policy for UK. They all thought progress was being made. None of the dozens of pros were specifically focused on Burisma. The only folks who gave a rip specifically about Burisma were Trump, Rudy, Sondland, Lev and Igor. The irregular amateurs. And they focused on no other companies or investigations beyond Burisma and Crowdstrike.

So you really believe that that had nothing to do with Biden being the Dem front runner? And everything to do with Trump wanting to go above and beyond the pros as a UK anti-corruption fighter?

I'm literally laughing out loud as I type that. I just can't believe you really believe that. By the way, 70% of the country doesn't believe that.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ggait wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:04 pm
Trump was making certain he was just not going to follow same ole same ole policy and business as usual
Come on YA.

All the pros in the govt were implementing an anti-corruption policy for UK. They all thought progress was being made. None of the dozens of pros were specifically focused on Burisma. The only folks who gave a rip specifically about Burisma were Trump, Rudy, Sondland, Lev and Igor. The irregular amateurs. And they focused on no other companies or investigations beyond Burisma and Crowdstrike.

So you really believe that that had nothing to do with Biden being the Dem front runner? And everything to do with Trump wanting to go above and beyond the pros as a UK anti-corruption fighter?

I'm literally laughing out loud as I type that. I just can't believe you really believe that. By the way, 70% of the country doesn't believe that.
ahhh, but 25% does think that, so YA does have company.
Pretty big % of Americans also think the moon landing was staged too.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Come on YA.

That is what I am saying. Trump brought it up because he is ultimately responsible for everything on his watch. The ambassadors et al. are holding the line of policy and business at hand. Maybe Trump should have just followed business as usual, but the reason so many voted for him is because he is not a political/procedural guy.
~Livy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:07 pm
Come on YA.

ahhh, but 25% does think that, so YA does have company.
Pretty big % of Americans also think the moon landing was staged too.
Go to bed....Jeopardy is over. ;) tongue in cheek. :lol:
~Livy
ggait

Post by ggait »

YA -- did you hear Volker's testimony about trying to deal with the Trump/Rudy problem by scheduling a breakfast meeting with Rudy on July 18.

Volker walks in (at Trump's DC hotel of course) and who unannounced just happens to be there too? The now indicted Lev!!

What the heck? You really think that is the way you go about stamping out corruption in the UK?

Come on. Trump is dis-satisfied with all the weak sauce anti-corruption efforts of the NSC and DOS professional types? So Trump decides to go above and beyond on his own solo anti-corruption fight?

Which fight just happens to focus on just one UK company (but has nothing to do with frontrunner Biden). And to aid him in this most holy crusade, Trump aligns himself with Rudy, Gordo, Lev and Igor. Cause those are the best people to get the job done.

You really think that is consistent with what we know about Trump? He's just a straight shooting crime fighter here?

:lol: :roll:
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

I saw it yes. I also saw this....assuming you can view it. https://www.instagram.com/tv/B5EXhv-HYW ... 11ssq9bg26
~Livy
DMac

Post by DMac »

Loved this part.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd5DOWStaHc
The ill intended comments about the Lt. Col. wearing his uniform to the hearings would only be said by one who doesn't understand what it means to wear the uniform.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Agreed. I did hear on a couple talk radio shows when other retired officers called in that they thought it was smug for him to correct Nunes.
~Livy
ggait

Post by ggait »

I saw it yes. I also saw this....assuming you can view it. https://www.instagram.com/tv/B5EXhv-HYW ... 11ssq9bg26
Fact witnesses testify to facts, not make legal conclusions. The legal judgments are made by judge/juries, not witnesses.

But it isn't surprising that the briber/extorter doesn't say he's bribing/extorting in so many words. And also not surprising that the person being extorted demurs as well -- since the UKs are still dependent on maintaining good relations with the Trump administration for however long it lasts.

Don Corleone doesn't order you to do what he wants in so many words. He just makes you an offer you can't refuse...
old salt

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:57 pm Agreed. I did hear on a couple talk radio shows when other retired officers called in that they thought it was smug for him to correct Nunes.
Officious
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

a fan wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:38 pm
Cooter wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:49 pm Yeah, as long as it's a fair investigation

To be clear: you're ok with a sitting President using the Executive Branch to open an investigation on a specific political rival during an election year?

So Obama could have had the IRS, the FBI, and the CIA to look into...and this is in no particular order..... Trump, Christie, Fiorina, Santorum, and Paul. Look into what they do domestically, as well as overseas?

And you're telling me, that's fine, so long as it's "a fair investigation".
That seems a bit excessive.
As I said:
Given that Biden is running for president, I actually think it is in the national interest to know whether Biden had misdoings or not in the Ukraine. :idea:

One of the representatives doing the questioning this morning indicated that it was not.
Live Free or Die!
ggait

Post by ggait »

Given that Biden is running for president, I actually think it is in the national interest to know whether Biden had misdoings or not in the Ukraine.
1. If Trump really wants to find out, then he should have had DOJ go through official channels to deal with the relevant counter-parts in UK. And that could have been done at any time in 2017 or 2018. So curious that this does not bubble up until Biden is the front runner in 2019.

2. You get the RNC to spend RNC money to do an oppo research project on Biden. Do what Hillary did -- hire Christopher Steele to dig up dirt. And if Steele finds something legit, turn it over to the FBI.

What you don't do is get Lev, Igor, Rudy and Gordo to do this task on the down low. And to use taxpayer money as the leverage.

The witnesses keep saying how all this stuff was "unusual" or "irregular" or "inappropriate." The more accurate description would be "suspicious."
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:17 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:57 pm Agreed. I did hear on a couple talk radio shows when other retired officers called in that they thought it was smug for him to correct Nunes.
Officious
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That’s rich!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
a fan

Post by a fan »

Cooter wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:36 pm That seems a bit excessive.
No argument there. You just told me you thought it was ok....so are you telling me now you're ok if it was just "one or two agencies" investigating each Republican candidate?

I don't believe you believe this. A President can't use the power of the government to investigate a political rival. If that was ok, no one would make it to the primaries.

Heck, would you run for POTUS if you knew that it was perfectly acceptable for your President to use the FBI to investigate you and your family for anything and everything under the sun?

I'd think not.
Cooter wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:36 pm
Given that Biden is running for president, I actually think it is in the national interest to know whether Biden had misdoings or not in the Ukraine. :idea:
Again, no argument there. It just can't happen at the direction of the President. You understand the difference between the FBI and DoJ looking into government corruption overseas.....and a sitting President calling in a "favor", right?

BTW, does this "national interest" hold true for Trump, too? Do we get to unleash the FBI, and take a hard look at his finances? Sign me up.

What Biden did was legal, but an example of conflict of interest and legal corruption that typifies post-Clinton Democrats. He's out, as far as I'm concerned.

Unless, of course, you force me to choose Biden over the walking-conflict-of-interest that is the TrumpFamily.

Return to “POLITICS”