The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: 2024

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 8:10 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 6:20 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 7:47 pm
jhu72 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 7:21 pm I do not believe Moore or Shapiro want the VP position, in fact I think Moore has come out and said he will remain MD governor, he is not interested in President this cycle.

Beshear is good, Kelly is good. Personally l like Kelly best, something of an American hero (for VP).

Kamala will generate more excitement with the base than any of the named.

You know I think back, didn't the democrats nominate and win with some guy in a wheelchair. Can't remember his name. Was president a bunch of times. Wish I could remember his name.
I believe when people see Kamala eat Donald’s lunch head to head, they may have a different opinion of her. Someone with have a brain will come across much better than The Donald. His act has gotten stale. Saw Mark Burns using his schtick. Right down to the “I can’t see in the back…is the Mainstream Media here…..? The people in the audience look bored. Crowds look smaller, older and poorer…. Kamala is much smarter than him and she has a logical mind developed as a career prosecutor. A friend told me years ago, he would hate to be married to her and have to answer her questions😂😂😂
I would hate to be married to her and listen to that annoying cackling laugh. As to if she is smarter than trump, her IQ is right up there with a turnip. Hell even AOC wants her off of any ticket if Joe pulls the plug on his 2nd term. I find it hard to believe Harris will ever resonate with mainstream Americans.
But you don’t find it hard to believe that Donald Trump resonated with mainstream Americans?
"Mainstream Americans" is code.
(as you know)
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 7:21 pm I do not believe Moore or Shapiro want the VP position, in fact I think Moore has come out and said he will remain MD governor, he is not interested in President this cycle.

Beshear is good, Kelly is good. Personally l like Kelly best, something of an American hero (for VP).

You know I think back, didn't the democrats nominate and win with some guy in a wheelchair. Can't remember his name. Was president a bunch of times. Wish I could remember his name.
I believe when people see Kamala eat Donald’s lunch head to head, they may have a different opinion of her. Someone with have a brain will come across much better than The Donald. His act has gotten stale. Saw Mark Burns using his schtick. Right down to the “I can’t see in the back…is the Mainstream Media here…..? The people in the audience look bored. Crowds look smaller, older and poorer…. Kamala is much smarter than him and she has a logical mind developed as a career prosecutor. A friend told me years ago, he would hate to be married to her and have to answer her questions😂😂😂
I would hate to be married to her and listen to that annoying cackling laugh. As to if she is smarter than trump, her IQ is right up there with a turnip. Hell even AOC wants her off of any ticket if Joe pulls the plug on his 2nd term. I find it hard to believe Harris will ever resonate with mainstream Americans.
But you don’t find it hard to believe that Donald Trump resonated with mainstream Americans?
Do you understand why trump resonated with mainstream America? I don't think you do. He had the added benefit of running against the most devisive candidate in my lifetime. All I am saying is that Kamala Harris is an acquired taste. I do understand very clearly why team Democrat is in the process of trying to portray Harris as the greatest thing to come along since sliced loaf bread. Her track record so far has been an abysmal failure. She was given the task of handling the southern border. How did that work out again?
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 8:56 am

(as you know)
I don't speak in code MD. I say what I think. I know exactly why trump resonated with mainstream America and I believe you so as well. FTR I never voted for him and I will not this time around.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:01 am

(as you know)
I don't speak in code MD. I say what I think. I know exactly why trump resonated with mainstream America and I believe you so as well. FTR I never voted for him and I will not this time around.
You meant white America, cradle.
Feel free to explain exactly what you meant otherwise, but that's what its coded meaning is, whether consciously or unconsciously.

BTW, I think she can resonate fine with a large portion of "mainstream"...but not all, and particularly less so with white men, and even less so with less educated white men...that latter group "resonates" with Trump much more...
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:03 am

(as you know)
Feel free to explain exactly what you meant otherwise, but that's what its coded meaning is, whether consciously or unconsciously.

BTW, I think she can resonate fine with a large portion of "mainstream"...but not all, and particularly less so with white men, and even less so with less educated white men...that latter group "resonates" with Trump much more...
No sir, I meant mainstream America. In my world mainstream America includes everyone irregardless of the color of their skin. In your world all you see are hidden meanings that don't exist IMO. FTR when I say trumps message resonates with mainstream America that doesn't mean that mainstream America necessarily agrees with the message. Is the gist of your point suppose to be that only well educated people are capable of understanding the big picture?

I believe us uneducated folks rely on something that is sorely lacking among many of the well educated in this country. I'm referring to that phenomenon called " common sense " You don't need a college degree to understand that both parties are failing miserably when it comes to doing the job they were elected to do.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:03 am

(as you know)

I disagree that Harris will ever resonate a cohesive message to the American people. I believe she frequently suffers from an incurable deficiency. It's called opening your mouth before you have fully engaged your brain. I believe YA posted that clip of her trying to explain something like yesterday's tomorrow is todays yesterday which isn't like todays yesterday which is really tomorrow which is really today. I highly doubt she will ever succeed at being a great communicator. I do know that AOC doesn't want her on the ticket. She threw Harris under the bus in no uncertain terms.

Whatever happens will be figured out by the ever increasing number of never Bideners. IMO Democrats need a clean slate to start anew.
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

I wonder why MD assumed you were speaking in some code with your Mainstream comment cradle?

Maybe he can explain...not even google knows what he means: https://www.google.com/search?q=What+do ... e&ie=UTF-8
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 11:06 am I wonder why MD assumed you were speaking in some code with your Mainstream comment cradle?

Maybe he can explain...not even google knows what he means: https://www.google.com/search?q=What+do ... e&ie=UTF-8
I have no idea where MD came up with his misguided preconceived notion. If I tell him he is wrong a 100 times he will never believe me anyway. That is MD doing what he does best. He knows how to read between lines that don't even exist. :roll:
Bob Ross:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Biden is out of the race.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

A smart move. What does he do with his delegates? The Democrats have a lot of work to do. They don't have a whole lot of time to figure it all out.
Bob Ross:
KI Dock Bar

Post by KI Dock Bar »

No endorsement of VP Harris??? Interesting...
njbill

Post by njbill »

Really bad news. Just handed the White House to Trump I fear.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Wow, that aughta makes thing interesting.
Think it's the right thing to do, Joe doesn't
look to be sharp enough anymore for the job.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

njbill wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:11 pm Really bad news. Just handed the White House to Trump I fear.
Chin up Bill. I do not think that is a forgone conclusion. Have to see first how this all plays from here.

Gov. Beshear and Shapiro are both excellent potential candidates for higher office.
ggait

Post by ggait »

njbill wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:11 pm Really bad news. Just handed the White House to Trump I fear.
Really good news. For Joe and the country.

Joe was handing Trump the WH by staying in. So at least he dodges that personal legacy albatross.

And now there’s an improved chance. Though still not great.

Nothing ventured nothing gained.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

The announcement right after the RNC convention takes the news off them.

An open convention will draw huge ratings, so I doubt he would have endorsed Harris immediately.

I'm not sure if this is rhe right decision, but it's his to make. He's putting his country above himself, which I could never say about the other guy.

I like Whitmer.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Joe just endorsed Harris.

Game on.

Way to go Joe! You did the right thing. Thank you.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

The Democrats have alot of work ahead of them. I don't think that Kamala has the right stuff. The consensus if I'm reading the room correctly on this forum is that there is no consensus. The Democratic convention should a real doozy. FTR I wonder what Joe will do with his war chest? I believe he has a nice chunk of change to hand out to whoever winds up running.
Bob Ross:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

ggait wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:16 pm
Really good news. For Joe and the country.

Joe was handing Trump the WH by staying in. So at least he dodges that personal legacy albatross.

And now there’s an improved chance. Though still not great.

Nothing ventured nothing gained.
Just spoke at length with my daughter, and she is with ggait. Believes it will completely energize a moribund campaign.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Well Joe could have stepped aside 18 months ago. He also could have picked a more popular veep and promoted that person as a late 70s candidate.

We all would be better off if he’d done that.
Last edited by ggait on Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “POLITICS”