Notre Dame 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
ChopMan23

Re: Notre Dame 2024

Post by ChopMan23 »

BigTurn wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 9:37 pm
random observer wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 9:26 pm
BigTurn wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 11:54 am
pcowlax wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 11:33 am ND fans are going to LOVE Jeffery and Burmeister will bring some pop too.
Any intel on Pokorny? Doesnt seem overly athletic from the little Ive seen, but looks to have a good stick / crafty.
Terrific scorer with great hands on the inside and a hammer from the outside; I think he'll be a real threat on the EMO. He's been battling injuries this year which has hampered him and had him in and out of the lineup (Burmeister has also been injured). He's had plenty of matchups against 5-star/AA defenseman the last two years as the focal point on the scouting report; sometimes he dominates the matchup, and sometimes he gets shutdown. So there are questions about him developing into a primary initiator at the next level, but he will be a dodging threat to some extent; he's not a burner but he's strong and knows how to use body leverage to get to his spots.

I would say his absolute ceiling is a poor man's Brennan O'Neill; a very skilled, physical lefty shooter/scorer who doesn't quite have the natural feeding instincts to be the QB. Floor is an effective off-ball attackman that you can't short stick.
Appreciate the scout. Will be interesting to see how him and Jefferey are used given they’re both lefty A
I was thinking Jeffery could be the next Sergio/Dobson but more athletic.
random observer

Post by random observer »

ChopMan23 wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 8:22 am
pcowlax wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 11:33 am ND fans are going to LOVE Jeffery and Burmeister will bring some pop too.
Any intel on Pokorny? Doesnt seem overly athletic from the little Ive seen, but looks to have a good stick / crafty.
Terrific scorer with great hands on the inside and a hammer from the outside; I think he'll be a real threat on the EMO. He's been battling injuries this year which has hampered him and had him in and out of the lineup (Burmeister has also been injured). He's had plenty of matchups against 5-star/AA defenseman the last two years as the focal point on the scouting report; sometimes he dominates the matchup, and sometimes he gets shutdown. So there are questions about him developing into a primary initiator at the next level, but he will be a dodging threat to some extent; he's not a burner but he's strong and knows how to use body leverage to get to his spots.

I would say his absolute ceiling is a poor man's Brennan O'Neill; a very skilled, physical lefty shooter/scorer who doesn't quite have the natural feeding instincts to be the QB. Floor is an effective off-ball attackman that you can't short stick.
Appreciate the scout. Will be interesting to see how him and Jefferey are used given they’re both lefty A
He's not quite the same profile as those two, who were giants. Jeffery is not small by any means, but 5'11" is quite different from 6'4". He is more explosive though, and plenty strong. Definitely a natural middie in my eyes, but he played attack for club/high school up until his sophomore year; if he lives up to the hype he's certainly a candidate to eventually bump to attack long term simply to keep on the field. But that also depends on how good the other options at lefty attack are; if Pokorny lives up to his billing as a top 10 recruit, or Ricciardelli shines with more opportunity, there's not really a need to move him from midfield.
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

random observer wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 9:45 am

He's not quite the same profile as those two, who were giants. Jeffery is not small by any means, but 5'11" is quite different from 6'4". He is more explosive though, and plenty strong. Definitely a natural middie in my eyes, but he played attack for club/high school up until his sophomore year; if he lives up to the hype he's certainly a candidate to eventually bump to attack long term simply to keep on the field. But that also depends on how good the other options at lefty attack are; if Pokorny lives up to his billing as a top 10 recruit, or Ricciardelli shines with more opportunity, there's not really a need to move him from midfield.
Gotcha. I thought he was bigger than that for some reason.
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

random observer wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 9:45 am

Jeff Rico has some serious hands, but strikes me as. Finisher similar to Taylor. Not sure if he will start, but I haven’t seen him as a ball carrier really ever, so could be wrong.
azim21

Post by azim21 »

Tyler Buchner just announced he's going to walk-on to the football team this fall. Rumor has it he's going to be playing receiver now. So may have 2 Irish lacrosse players catching TDs on one of the biggest brands in college sports this fall. Although I will say that receiving room is supposed to be very good this year, so would be surprised if he got playing time. Would still love to see him at least earn a spot back on the team.
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

azim21 wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 1:06 pm Tyler Buchner just announced he's going to walk-on to the football team this fall. Rumor has it he's going to be playing receiver now. So may have 2 Irish lacrosse players catching TDs on one of the biggest brands in college sports this fall. Although I will say that receiving room is supposed to be very good this year, so would be surprised if he got playing time. Would still love to see him at least earn a spot back on the team.
He’ll be back on arlotta next year right? Decision making / off ball play was a little suspect on a few occasions (expected for a guy who hasn’t played in years / first collegiate season), but he’s a great athlete/cover guy.
azim21

Post by azim21 »

BigTurn wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 1:26 pm
azim21 wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 1:06 pm Tyler Buchner just announced he's going to walk-on to the football team this fall. Rumor has it he's going to be playing receiver now. So may have 2 Irish lacrosse players catching TDs on one of the biggest brands in college sports this fall. Although I will say that receiving room is supposed to be very good this year, so would be surprised if he got playing time. Would still love to see him at least earn a spot back on the team.
He’ll be back on arlotta next year right? Decision making / off ball play was a little suspect on a few occasions (expected for a guy who hasn’t played in years / first collegiate season), but he’s a great athlete/cover guy.
I would imagine, but he also said in his letter that he wanted to graduate in 3.5 years so I think that would mean he'd be graduating after this fall semester? It'd be a shame as I think he's a fantastic athlete who could develop into something more than just a second string d-mid, especially if he wouldn't have stopped playing.
NeOhLaxFan

Post by NeOhLaxFan »

Buchner will have two years left for football and lacrosse and he’s going to be enrolling in the spring for his MBA
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

NeOhLaxFan wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 2:47 pm Buchner will have two years left for football and lacrosse and he’s going to be enrolling in the spring for his MBA
Apparently official.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... e-receiver

I continue to question his durability.

Will be glad to see him with the football team again. The transfer to Alabama was a bad mistake.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
azim21

Post by azim21 »

NeOhLaxFan wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 2:47 pm Buchner will have two years left for football and lacrosse and he’s going to be enrolling in the spring for his MBA
Great to hear. Here's the link to his letter about why he came back. Seems like a great kid, hope we see more of him these next two seasons on the lacrosse field.

https://fightingirish.com/dear-notre-da ... r-buchner/
camskidamski

Re: Notre Dame 20

Post by camskidamski »

Cool to see Buchner’s story. Do we have any idea on seniors who are/are not coming back?

Heard McLane say he’s on the fence.

Not back for 2025:
P. Kavanagh
Entenmann
Napolitano
Dobson
Conlin
Bayman

What about Parlette, Harris, Gray, Burgmaster, Danny Parker, Bonomi? Anyone have insight?
BetweenTheLines

Re: Notre Dame 20

Post by BetweenTheLines »

camskidamski wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 4:19 pm Cool to see Buchner’s story. Do we have any idea on seniors who are/are not coming back?

Heard McLane say he’s on the fence.

Not back for 2025:
P. Kavanagh
Entenmann
Napolitano
Dobson
Conlin
Bayman

What about Parlette, Harris, Gray, Burgmaster, Danny Parker, Bonomi? Anyone have insight?
Parlette is on a PLL roster.
2023 2024
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

DocBarrister wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 2:52 pm
Apparently official.

Will be glad to see him with the football team again. The transfer to Alabama was a bad mistake.

DocBarrister
Irish fans believe that their receiving room is much better and deeper than last year. It is possible the neither he nor even Faison will have the opportunity to take much of a pounding on Saturdays. Maybe on the other days.

The lax broadcasters kept calling Faison a WR. I always saw him in the slot.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

44WeWantMore wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 6:19 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 2:52 pm
Apparently official.

DocBarrister
Irish fans believe that their receiving room is much better and deeper than last year. It is possible the neither he nor even Faison will have the opportunity to take much of a pounding on Saturdays. Maybe on the other days.

The lax broadcasters kept calling Faison a WR. I always saw him in the slot.
? “Slot” is a WR, it’s just the one closer to the line and usually off the ball. Agree on people getting WAY ahead of themselves on Faison as a football player. He had a great bowl game where many players were sitting out. He had 14 catches for 200 yards the whole rest of the season. He was a freshman and is likely to see the field more but previous talk of him as an NFL prospect is way, way premature.
LaxAllStars

Post by LaxAllStars »

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”