The Orfling

Re: Notre Dame 2024

Post by The Orfling »

BigTurn wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 10:18 pm
The Orfling wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 10:17 pm
BigTurn wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 10:07 pm
The Orfling wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 10:01 pm
BigTurn wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 9:06 pm
Laxitup21 wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 8:42 pm Any guesses as to the starting 10 (transfers aside) at nd next year
A: Chris kav, Jake Taylor, Will Maheras / Matt Jeffrey

M: Jordan Faison, Will Angrick, Max Busenkell
FO: Will Lynch
LSM: Will Donovan

D: Shawn Lyght, Nate Schwitzenberg, your guess is as good as mine

G: Alex Zepf appeared to be #2 this year. Thomas Ricciardelli was a 5 star and top goalie in ‘22 class.
That's still a heck of a line-up! Btw I think Shawn Lyght might be a future Schmeisser winner -- super impressed with him. (Crazy idea here, but I've wondered if ND was going to try to lure Colin Burlace from MD as a transfer when they brought in older brother BJ and younger brother Gavin.)
Unbelievable freshman year for Lyght, and likely the best ever for an ND pole. I could see him vying for the Schmeiss as well. Burlace would be a great addition for sure, had not considered that.

Also notable that Jalen Seymour and Fisher Finley, who both scored in the championship and produced all year from the 3rd line, will likely be second line and potentially pushing for 1st.

Although Nick Harris and Carter Parlette are gone, the team returns AA Ben Ramsay, Christian Alacqua, and Buchner as SSDM’s

Not sure who, but ND will also need to replace Ross Burgmaster, and LSM who split time with Donovan.
I think ND's strength at ssdm will be an under-the-radar reason they'll be a top contender next year; quite impressed with that group also. If Lynch stays healthy and the new goalie can settle in, I think ND will be formidable even if it takes a couple months of the season for things to gel. The good times should keep rolling along at Arlotta.
It goes without saying that Pat and Liam cannot be replaced, but I’m definitely very optimistic. Lynch staying healthy is paramount, but also have great options in Colin Hagstrom and Greenspan. Both performed well in reserve this past year.

Also just remembered that Greg Campisi is coming over from Harvard at LSM.
Campisi is very good. Not flashy but really consistently excellent. I would think there will be some good additional transfer options incoming for ND as well.
LaxAllStars

Post by LaxAllStars »

Devon McClane after winning National championship

https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show ... ne-e2k9qdk
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

Jake Bonomi from St. A's/Michigan only played 4 games this year... Does anyone know if he was injured/coming back?
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 9:36 am Jake Bonomi from St. A's/Michigan only played 4 games this year... Does anyone know if he was injured/coming back?
Pretty positive he just never cracked the line up. Same with Danny Parker.
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

BigTurn wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 9:59 am
GaitsRightHand wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 9:36 am Jake Bonomi from St. A's/Michigan only played 4 games this year... Does anyone know if he was injured/coming back?
That makes sense. Hard line up to crack. At least he got a ring.
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 10:02 am
BigTurn wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 9:59 am
That makes sense. Hard line up to crack. At least he got a ring.
The hardest part about getting on the field as a mid at ND is learning the defense. If you’re a liability, it really hurts your chance of seeing play time.
BetweenTheLines

Post by BetweenTheLines »

LaxAllStars wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 9:34 am Devon McClane after winning National championship

https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show ... ne-e2k9qdk
Doesn't sound likely for career reasons, but he can come back?!
2023 2024
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

ND fans are going to LOVE Jeffery and Burmeister will bring some pop too.
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

pcowlax wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 11:33 am ND fans are going to LOVE Jeffery and Burmeister will bring some pop too.
Any intel on Pokorny? Doesnt seem overly athletic from the little Ive seen, but looks to have a good stick / crafty.
BetweenTheLines

Post by BetweenTheLines »

Luke Miller is legit too.
2023 2024
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

I think Jake Vazquez will be a good one too.. 6'5 lefty from Cali. IL 3 star.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhkDrmE4PWA&t=113s
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

Ben Ramsay is our next piper
Laxbuck

Post by Laxbuck »

Laxitup21 wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 8:42 pm Any guesses as to the starting 10 (transfers aside) at nd next year

G: Alex Zepf appeared to be #2 this year. Thomas Ricciardelli was a 5 star and top goalie in ‘22 class.
Will Gallagher their 4th close defender all year
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

Laxbuck wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 12:46 pm

You may be right. I know it was one of 37 or 47 who was getting burn at the end of games, possible I mixed them up.

Edit: Watched the film. Its #47 Gallagher, good call
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

Got to talk to a few of the Notre Dame folks at the Tewaaraton award ceremony. Incredibly nice people. Very happy for Pat Kavanagh and his family.
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

BigTurn wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 12:52 pm

You may be right. I know it was one of 37 or 47 who was getting burn at the end of games, possible I mixed them up.

Just curious, do you see Jefferey a better fit at Attack? He looks like he would be a beast of a middie with his size and athletic ability
random observer

Post by random observer »

BigTurn wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 11:54 am
pcowlax wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 11:33 am ND fans are going to LOVE Jeffery and Burmeister will bring some pop too.
Any intel on Pokorny? Doesnt seem overly athletic from the little Ive seen, but looks to have a good stick / crafty.
Terrific scorer with great hands on the inside and a hammer from the outside; I think he'll be a real threat on the EMO. He's been battling injuries this year which has hampered him and had him in and out of the lineup (Burmeister has also been injured). He's had plenty of matchups against 5-star/AA defenseman the last two years as the focal point on the scouting report; sometimes he dominates the matchup, and sometimes he gets shutdown. So there are questions about him developing into a primary initiator at the next level, but he will be a dodging threat to some extent; he's not a burner but he's strong and knows how to use body leverage to get to his spots.

I would say his absolute ceiling is a poor man's Brennan O'Neill; a very skilled, physical lefty shooter/scorer who doesn't quite have the natural feeding instincts to be the QB. Floor is an effective off-ball attackman that you can't short stick.
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

ChopMan23 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 9:22 pm
BigTurn wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 12:52 pm

Just curious, do you see Jefferey a better fit at Attack? He looks like he would be a beast of a middie with his size and athletic ability
Truthfully have not seen much of him outside of a few highlight tapes. Figured he’d slot in well on the left side where p kav operated a lot (although they moved Pat all over the field this year) and would compete for time early given he’s the #1 in the class. He’s apparently a stud athlete though and will get a walk on look with the football team so I would not be surprised to see him run along faison. That could be a real pick your poison scenario for opposing teams, much like this season.
Last edited by BigTurn on Thu May 30, 2024 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

random observer wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 9:26 pm
BigTurn wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 11:54 am
Terrific scorer with great hands on the inside and a hammer from the outside; I think he'll be a real threat on the EMO. He's been battling injuries this year which has hampered him and had him in and out of the lineup (Burmeister has also been injured). He's had plenty of matchups against 5-star/AA defenseman the last two years as the focal point on the scouting report; sometimes he dominates the matchup, and sometimes he gets shutdown. So there are questions about him developing into a primary initiator at the next level, but he will be a dodging threat to some extent; he's not a burner but he's strong and knows how to use body leverage to get to his spots.

I would say his absolute ceiling is a poor man's Brennan O'Neill; a very skilled, physical lefty shooter/scorer who doesn't quite have the natural feeding instincts to be the QB. Floor is an effective off-ball attackman that you can't short stick.
Appreciate the scout. Will be interesting to see how him and Jefferey are used given they’re both lefty A
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Pokorny last year played on the worst Darien team in 10+ years so so he received a LOT of defensive attention. Being Darien, they still played an extremely tough schedule so he had many games where he was the focus of multiple top tier D1 poles. This year, he would have had some more room to operate but as Random said, he has been in and out of the lineup with several nagging injuries (none that should be anything long term. He will score, a lot, at ND. Probably not the primary facilitator but brings much more to the field than a pure finished ala Cormier. A fantastic trio of CT public school kids for ND.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”