Games Today

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Games Today

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Relax77 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:28 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:08 pm Oh please! Give Stony Brook credit. They scrapped and battled all game. They never quit and they scored some great crunch time goals. The Finn to Masera goal was spectacular. Masera took the team on her back in the extra session. Swift to the ball for the draw control, level-headed control of the ball and drawing a legitimate green card. Maddy Baxter wasn't thinking at all when she drew the green card. Same old Syracuse--brainless undisciplined play when the game is on the line. Then Masera's falling down beauty of a game-winner. Gimme a break with this sour grapes whining. Waaaah! they flopped. Waaaah! the refs didn't call the game right. Go get your diapers changed. Or better yet--grow up.
Not sure what you’re referring to. Never said they didn’t deserve credit. I don’t think she flopped on the goal. She may actually have been hit in the head. She certainly flopped fifteen seconds before that when she had the ball and came around a crease roll. She thought she was about to turn it over so she threw herself to the ground. Grow up? Because I think an insignificant touch foul running down the field shouldn’t be a “power play.” How about don’t be a dick. Half the people here already think you are. You added another one to that. Jerkoff
I skimmed through all the posts regarding the Stony Brook/Syracuse game. Never made note of who wrote what. My post was addressed generally, hence diapers--plural. I never quoted you, I never mentioned you. But if the shoe fits…
Relax77 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:28 pm How about don’t be a dick. Half the people here already think you are. You added another one to that. Jerkoff
Classy.

Yah--me and half the other people… Oh brother.

Easily remedied...

Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Why is it so hard for people to just give Stonybrook credit? it's really strange. They aren't new to the scene. They are constantly good. They are undefeated this year, with a great win over CUSE. Saying oh well if CUSE did this or that the result would have been different. sure, you can say that about every close game for every team in the history of forever. Only thing that matters is the final result, and Stonybrook beat them straight up.

For those saying pump the breaks on Stonybrook..why? why can't they be a contender? Especially in a wide open year. It's just really weird. Seems to me like some people are letting their personal bias towards certain coaches cloud sound judgement.
laxguy516

Post by laxguy516 »

Exactly what I've been thinking Kleiz, personal indeed.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

laxguy516 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:01 pm Exactly what I've been thinking Kleiz, personal indeed.
Those LI Top Guns vs LIYJ rivalries run deep. Actually, the YJ-A vs YJ-B rivalries are just as bad.
LaxGnome22

Post by LaxGnome22 »

hmmm wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:06 pm
laxguy516 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:01 pm Exactly what I've been thinking Kleiz, personal indeed.
Those LI Top Guns vs LIYJ rivalries run deep. Actually, the YJ-A vs YJ-B rivalries are just as bad.
As the kids say, "Facts."
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

LaxGnome22 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:09 pm
I'd go with "No Cap" these days.
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

spidey44 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:27 pm
All true. The tribes just don’t agree and even on LI, it’s a very divided world with lax clubs.
LaxGnome22

Post by LaxGnome22 »

Nice!
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

MolonLaxe wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:30 pm
All true. The tribes just don’t agree and even on LI, it’s a very divided world with lax clubs.
I have no issue with YJ. None. The guy/girl is insane. Here’s the quote they took umbrage with.
I wrote about Spallina back in June with a recruiting update and basically said the same thing. Her play hasn't impressed this summer. Penzeck, Kowalski, Winkler, Lauretani, Meyn all had a better summer than her. Don't wanna say they're all better than Spallina but they're all pretty even. When she was in 8th grade she had the looks of a special talent. I don't think she'a regressed but more like others just caught up. Spallina's Still a grade A prospect and has the lacrosse sense, vision, and shot to be a great player in college. She's currently doing recruiting visits with her pops. I wonder if that's awkward for him because alot of these schools he plays against on a regular basis.
Not sure how any of this is perceived as anti AS but whatever.
laxguy516

Post by laxguy516 »

I found this quote to be quite interesting:

Penzeck, Kowalski, Winkler, Lauretani, Meyn all had a better summer than her.

How the heck would you know that? Even if your daughter is a teammate of one of those girls there is no way to know which of them had the best summer or a better summer than AS. They all play on different club teams and there are no stats to go by. Do you expect us to believe that you watched each of these girls play in all of their games to compare who had a better summer?
McLax9777

Post by McLax9777 »

Relax77 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:44 pm
I have no issue with YJ. None. The guy/girl is insane. Here’s the quote they took umbrage with.
I wrote about Spallina back in June with a recruiting update and basically said the same thing. Her play hasn't impressed this summer. Penzeck, Kowalski, Winkler, Lauretani, Meyn all had a better summer than her. Don't wanna say they're all better than Spallina but they're all pretty even. When she was in 8th grade she had the looks of a special talent. I don't think she'a regressed but more like others just caught up. Spallina's Still a grade A prospect and has the lacrosse sense, vision, and shot to be a great player in college. She's currently doing recruiting visits with her pops. I wonder if that's awkward for him because alot of these schools he plays against on a regular basis.
It’s accurate that they are all top of their class including AS. Margins are tight. I don’t see what someone would threaten your kids over this.

Who ya got in UM v OS?
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

McLax9777 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:58 pm
Relax77 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:44 pm
It’s accurate that they are all top of their class including AS. Margins are tight. I don’t see what someone would threaten your kids over this.

Who ya got in UM v OS?
Absolutely love the segue, I’m gonna go with UM. I want to say OS just for the upset, but I think Michigan will win.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

laxguy516 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:01 pm I found this quote to be quite interesting:

How the heck would you know that? Even if your daughter is a teammate of one of those girls there is no way to know which of them had the best summer or a better summer than AS. They all play on different club teams and there are no stats to go by. Do you expect us to believe that you watched each of these girls play in all of their games to compare who had a better summer?
Lmao. Starting to think you are Realitychecks. What do you go back and forth? Pretty sure you missed the point.

The point is where the hell is there anything negative about Alexa in that post. Switch back.
Last edited by Relax77 on Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

Relax77 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:17 pm
laxguy516 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:01 pm I found this quote to be quite interesting:

Lmao. Starting to think you are Realitychecks. What do you go back and forth? Pretty sure you missed the point. Someone else got it. The point is where the hell is there anything negative about Alexa in that post. Switch back.
Go Bucks. But Big Blue with the W
Laxfan212

Post by Laxfan212 »

This conversation is creepy and over a line. You are talking about 15-16 year old girls who may be elite athletes but they’re also kids - going through all kinds of ups and downs of being high schoolers. I know and/or know people who know a few of these girls - they’re just kids - it’s really just creepy to have people talking about them like they are NBA athletes who consented to/are anticipating having people talk about them like they’re pieces of meat to be dissected and evaluated. Let’s also keep in mind mental health and pressure these young ladies are under. Talking about college teams is one thing but literally comparing high school athletes on a forum like this - it should give us all pause.
LaxGnome22

Post by LaxGnome22 »

Laxfan212 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:29 pm

This conversation is creepy and over a line. You are talking about 15-16 year old girls who may be elite athletes but they’re also kids - going through all kinds of ups and downs of being high schoolers. I know and/or know people who know a few of these girls - they’re just kids - it’s really just creepy to have people talking about them like they are NBA athletes who consented to/are anticipating having people talk about them like they’re pieces of meat to be dissected and evaluated. Let’s also keep in mind mental health and pressure these young ladies are under. Talking about college teams is one thing but literally comparing high school athletes on a forum like this - it should give us all pause.
These kids mentioned are basically ranked kids by IL and other websites. Holy cow. People have to toughen up a bit. It’s a message board about girls lax. There was zero things that can be detrimental to any of those girls that was said in Relax77’s post. Absolutely nothing negative at all. Relax actually praised all of them. Funny you seem more worried that he compared girls play during a recruitment period than a parent who is trying to get his daughter’s scholarship revoked. That’s the creepy part of this day. Geez. Let’s move on.
Last edited by LaxGnome22 on Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McLax9777

Post by McLax9777 »

Laxfan212 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:29 pm

Let it go. There was nothing offensive. Posting paragraph after paragraph about it isn’t shutting the convo down either.

I feel no one cares about my mental health, and it’s getting to me.

Go Blue
LaxGnome22

Post by LaxGnome22 »

Go Blue

Booooooo
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Ohio State deserves more criticism and no one is talking about it. They are awful. Possibly the worst 5-1 team at this point in the history of the sport. Their 5 wins come against teams who have a total record of 4-36.. They feast on cupcakes but can't come within a ten foot pole of good teams. They have been outscored 26-10 in their 2 losses to Michigan and Denver.

If they are anywhere near the tournament at the end of the season i will boycott
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

Kleizaster wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:43 pm Ohio State deserves more criticism and no one is talking about it. They are awful. Possibly the worst 5-1 team at this point in the history of the sport. Their 5 wins come against teams who have a total record of 4-36.. They feast on cupcakes but can't come within a ten foot pole of good teams. They have been outscored 26-10 in their 2 losses to Michigan and Denver.

If they are anywhere near the tournament at the end of the season i will boycott
They went O-fer in Big 10 play last year. Look for a repeat this year. No chance they even sniff the tourney. AND I wanted them to win today...

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”