Games Today

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Madlax59

Re: Games Today

Post by Madlax59 »

Relax77 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:46 pm Great player, but Masera flops more than Lebron. What a turd way to lose.
A lot of floppers on SB ...good thing they are supposed to enforce flopping :|
Cuse needs a lot of work......They may and should drop out of top 10.
To lose a game when opponent goalie makes like 3 saves is pretty bad.
As always they need more to be more disciplined on fouls .
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Madlax59 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:51 pm
Relax77 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:46 pm Great player, but Masera flops more than Lebron. What a turd way to lose.
I didn’t think the Cuse goalie played well either. Funny, Masera flopped all game but then she flopped once to get the green card. Ok. But then she really flopped on the side of the net. Ref made no call. It has to be one or the other. Either she was fouled or flopped. Which one? That was an awesome game ruined by the new green card rules in my opinion.
GratefulRed

Post by GratefulRed »

Relax77 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:53 pm
I didn’t think the Cuse goalie played well either. Funny, Masera flopped all game but then she flopped once to get the green card. Ok. But then she really flopped on the side of the net. Ref made no call. It has to be one or the other. Either she was fouled or flopped. Which one? That was an awesome game ruined by the new green card rules in my opinion.
One of the worst good games ever
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

GratefulRed wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:59 pm
One of the worst good games ever
Maybe entertaining game is a better description.
Bart

Post by Bart »

You’ll get no argument from me on the green cards. It’s painful to watch.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Oh please! Give Stony Brook credit. They scrapped and battled all game. They never quit and they scored some great crunch time goals. The Finn to Masera goal was spectacular. Masera took the team on her back in the extra session. Swift to the ball for the draw control, level-headed control of the ball and drawing a legitimate green card. Maddy Baxter wasn't thinking at all when she drew the green card. Same old Syracuse--brainless undisciplined play when the game is on the line. Then Masera's falling down beauty of a game-winner. Gimme a break with this sour grapes whining. Waaaah! they flopped. Waaaah! the refs didn't call the game right. Go get your diapers changed. Or better yet--grow up.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:08 pm Oh please! Give Stony Brook credit. They scrapped and battled all game. They never quit and they scored some great crunch time goals. The Finn to Masera goal was spectacular. Masera took the team on her back in the extra session. Swift to the ball for the draw control, level-headed control of the ball and drawing a legitimate green card. Maddy Baxter wasn't thinking at all when she drew the green card. Same old Syracuse--brainless undisciplined play when the game is on the line. Then Masera's falling down beauty of a game-winner. Gimme a break with this sour grapes whining. Waaaah! they flopped. Waaaah! the refs didn't call the game right. Go get your diapers changed. Or better yet--grow up.
Not sure what you’re referring to. Never said they didn’t deserve credit. I don’t think she flopped on the goal. She may actually have been hit in the head. She certainly flopped fifteen seconds before that when she had the ball and came around a crease roll. She thought she was about to turn it over so she threw herself to the ground. Grow up? Because I think an insignificant touch foul running down the field shouldn’t be a “power play.” How about don’t be a dick. Half the people here already think you are. You added another one to that. Jerkoff
2004wrongisland

Post by 2004wrongisland »

Masera is clearly a likely Tewaarton finalist after tonight. 4 goals including the game winner in OT, 9 draw controls, two falling down highlight reel goals. She’s a special player and showed it tonight.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

2004wrongisland wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:35 pm Masera is clearly a likely Tewaarton finalist after tonight. 4 goals including the game winner in OT, 9 draw controls, two falling down highlight reel goals. She’s a special player and showed it tonight.
I agree 100%. She don’t need to flop though.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

That’s two games that Cuse has taken a green card in OT and given up a man down goal to lose. That’s coaching or lack there of.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Joe was pumped up in the locker room after the game. Looked like a little Italian Leprechaun. 😁
Attachments
Joe Small.jpeg
Joe Small.jpeg (20.89 KiB) Viewed 552 times
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

hmmm wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:40 pm That’s two games that Cuse has taken a green card in OT and given up a man down goal to lose. That’s coaching or lack there of.
Very true. Definitely falls on Treanor’s shoulders. As does their inexcusable man-up offense that has been horrible all season.
intheknow247

Post by intheknow247 »

hmmm wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:40 pm That’s two games that Cuse has taken a green card in OT and given up a man down goal to lose. That’s coaching or lack there of.
Stonybrook’s OT goal was even strength.
Justalaxdad

Post by Justalaxdad »

But they didn’t lose while being a player down…
laxguy516

Post by laxguy516 »

Relax77 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:51 pm Joe was pumped up in the locker room after the game. Looked like a little Italian Leprechaun. 😁
Continued shots at Spallina and his program. Why so much hate? Sounds personal........
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

laxguy516 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:44 am
Relax77 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:51 pm Joe was pumped up in the locker room after the game. Looked like a little Italian Leprechaun. 😁
Continued shots at Spallina and his program. Why so much hate? Sounds personal........
I know Relax is a 2025 parent as am I. IYKYK lol.
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

Although the officiating unfortunately took center stage, this was an important game for stony Brook and a result that nobody in this forum predicted I think. It’s a win over a team that will almost certainly be a top 10 team at the end of the season. This didn’t look like a fluke…. Stony Brook looked like they belonged with cuse in every way.
If spallina didn’t get fired up about this win, something would be wrong with him.
Who on this forum thinks unc for example is playing better lacrosse this season than stony Brook?
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

laxguy516 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:44 am
I am not sure this is "hate" ... pretty funny actually. Way more things said about Spallina here that I would classify as HATE.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Womenslaxxfan wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:59 am Although the officiating unfortunately took center stage, this was an important game for stony Brook and a result that nobody in this forum predicted I think. It’s a win over a team that will almost certainly be a top 10 team at the end of the season. This didn’t look like a fluke…. Stony Brook looked like they belonged with cuse in every way.
If spallina didn’t get fired up about this win, something would be wrong with him.
Who on this forum thinks unc for example is playing better lacrosse this season than stony Brook?
I thought this game would be close or closer than most other folks, I think. But I thought Syracuse would win. Very gutty and poised effort by SBU. Good game, but ragged and sometimes tough to watch, particularly as a Syracuse fan. And flopper or not, Masera is the money for her team.

I think UNC's defense might be better than Syracuse's defense.
WashedUpLaxDad

Post by WashedUpLaxDad »

Womenslaxxfan wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:59 am
Me...

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”