Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

Post by cradleandshoot »

DMac wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:19 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:02 am ....but in short, it infuriates me how there are so many shenanigans in our political system.
The political system is a cesspool of corruption.....Ds, Rs, and half of their privileged children.
All the same. Will say again, we all too often vote for the cream of the crap (who are the frontrunners
for POTUS again? RUFKM???), should come as no surprise that crap is what we end up with...corrupt
crap at that.
+1 I nominate it for post of the year. The cream of the crap is just what we are getting. The only actual difference is the texture of the crap. You have solid and firm and then loose and runny. Take your pick.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:36 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:02 am ....but in short, it infuriates me how there are so many shenanigans in our political system.
The political system is a cesspool of corruption.....Ds, Rs, and half of their privileged children.
All the same. Will say again, we all too often vote for the cream of the crap (who are the frontrunners
for POTUS again? RUFKM???), should come as no surprise that crap is what we end up with...corrupt
crap at that.
It is. We get the politicians we deserve and cheering for them like you are on their team makes it even worse. After witnessing how team Trump failed to make a single criticism on this board, I said at the time, don’t expect to hear me say anything negative about team Biden, since that is how it is around here. It’s shameful. I wasn’t on this board when Obama was in office, I can only imagine what it was like. I don’t care if a hubcap was President. Said it before the election and I say it now. I don’t belong to a political party. Don’t believe in “group think”….the only teams I was on were sports teams. Nobody is always right and nobody is always wrong…..unless you are a Democrat or a Republican or a FLP.
And even on sports teams I only defended the teammates behavior on field or to the extent we needed him next sat I kept the damage to a min when they earned what they get. But to point the finger at some other knucklehead when a guy is about to beat your teammate for being a person deserving a beating is nonsensical. You're now fundamentally creating a victim out of an "innocent' person which is insane. And moral relativism.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:58 am
crap at that.
+1 I nominate it for post of the year. The cream of the crap is just what we are getting. The only actual difference is the texture of the crap. You have solid and firm and then loose and runny. Take your pick.
1. The "snake charmer"
2. "Tazmanian devil on stimulants with two brown crayons."
3. The "brownfield"
4. "The baby bunny stroke" (mostly air but feels like a stay with Big Nate in the pen) also known as the "pill popper" or "mothers littler helper disposed"

Would like the remaining list?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:44 am
a fan wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:56 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:41 am As are you, by maintaining your personal partisan scoreboard while widening the goalpost. Are you intentionally being coy, and avoiding that the fake dossier essentially destroyed an elected president's term all out of partisan vindictiveness, while at the same made a mockery of the US in front of the globe.
No one except Republican gave a Sh(t about that dossier....a dossier that was IMMEDIATELY mocked by the MSM. The WaPo tore Buzzfeed a new one for publishing that dreck....while the WaPo refused to run it. I posted the WaPo piece hammering Buzzfeed's choice to run that POS, unconfirmed "Dossier" multiple times for the Forum.

But you and OS ignore these details, because FoxNews crams their made-up narrative down your throat.....and you are overjoyed to eat that up, because the Dems are bad, and Trump is Sooper-Awesome, and would never to shady stuff. :roll:

Question: did you or didn't you want a man on Putin's payroll----Paul Manafort-----working in the White House?

If the answer is "no", know you know why the FBI and DoJ was up the Trump Campaign's *ss from the word go.

None of that is made up. All proven true in a court of law. Manafort worked to put Putin's man into power in Ukraine. Was convinced for trying to hide the money he got from doing that.

Then there's Kush and TrumpJr. meeting with a Russian spy in TrumpTower that Kush himself admitted to doing, and then "forgetting" to mention it on a revised Federal form.. Again: how the F isn't that TRYING to work with Russia to get elected?

The Dossier has NOTHING to do with these events, YA. You're swallowing the FoxNation BS.
You have yet again widened the goal and moved the entre discussion away from the original point this morning. Sure, I'll play bt have to leave shortly for a few client visits.

Question: did you or didn't you want a man on Putin's payroll----Paul Manafort-----working in the White House? NO!

Can you point me to the part where the FBI documented that Trump knew Manafort worked for Putin when he asked him to join his team? Details matter...not just yours.

Then there's Kush and TrumpJr. meeting with a Russian spy in TrumpTower that Kush himself admitted to doing, and then "forgetting" to mention it on a revised Federal form.. Again: how the F isn't that TRYING to work with Russia to get elected? :lol: Again, details matter. They admitted to meeting someone in the tower....do you recall why? Ahhhh....yes that stupid OpResearch......striked again, where the sexy lady claimed to have dirt on HRC.

Crazy how you have such a good memory but only present enough of the story to make it fit your argument. The goal is now back to normal size. ;)
Big logic flaw...a fan is saying that the 'dossier' had nothing to do with the FBI's concern about Trump, their concern far preceded that set of memos.

The FBI sure as sh-t knew who Paul Manafort was and who he worked for. Let's assume that Trump is a total idiot and didn't bother to know who Manafort had just been working for and was so stupid and egocentric that he actually thought that Manafort was working without pay out of the goodness of his heart, no signal there...so, Trump is stupid and egocentric, and is set up to be a Russian asset, a "useful idiot"...nah, nothing to be concerned about with the candidate of a major party...

Same thing re Tower meeting. Let's say they were all stupid or lazy or whatever, so they were welcoming dirt on a campaign opponent from someone they knew right away was representing Russian interests, wanting to talk about "adoptions" in Russia...meaning Magnitsky Act sanctions...your supposition again is they were immensely stupid and ignorant...ok, "useful idiots", who then failed to report the meeting to the FBI, instead lied about it...

And oh yeah, all those other lies about the business dealings, past and ongoing, with Russians...

The point isn't whether Trump "kew that Manafort worked for Putin" or that the Trump Tower meeting was enormously inappropriate, or even that he's sane enough to "know" that he was lying about business dealings, it's that this reality forced the FBI to be highly concerned and not avoid investigating...and Trump kept making it worse and worse and worse.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:02 am
crap at that.
1. The "snake charmer"
3. The "brownfield"
4. "The baby bunny stroke" (mostly air but feels like a stay with Big Nate in the pen) also known as the "pill popper" or "mothers littler helper disposed"

Your comments and opinions have been duly noteld and recorded. They will be passed on to the committee for further consideration and response. Enjoy the rest of your day and have a wonderful weekend. :D

FTR that should read " would you like the remaining list" When you use proper grammar people can understand what you mean. You gotta doctorate for crying out loud. Do you understand the difference in interpretation of what you composed? What you composed implies that you would like the remaining list. What you should have said would have asked me if I wanted to read the rest of your list. Glad to clear up your substandard grammar for you. You have a marvelous weekend young man.
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:28 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:18 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:11 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:02 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:47 am Where are you on this?

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/08/politics ... index.html
Not following it that close....all the legal back and forth is just too much to try and track. I'll wait to see how it all plays out....but in short, it infuriates me how there are so many shenanigans in our political system.
:lol: :lol: more stupidity on this board. But you all over Hunter Biden.
I followed those stories. Of course you, on the other hand, seem to have all the answers to anything posted...makes you wonder why you are so involved with so many people stupider than you? Maybe you just crave attention and the dopamine hits.
We probably all get a dopamine hit. ;)

But seriously, you have Not "followed" the Jan 6 fake elector plot?
Didn't read these threads even?

Or if not "close", at least enough to understand that Chesebro was a key player in the formulation of that plot to over turn the election of Joe Biden, and who in October plead guilty in Georgia and is cooperating with prosecutors implicating Trump and multiple others? And now he's cooperating with prosecutors in other states who are pursuing similar election fraud cases against the fake electors in their states and those who organized them?

Not enough to form an opinion?
But instead have followed the Hunter stories?

It's all the same?
Sorry....I missed this one. When I posted a reply to afan and came back, there were a bunch of notification the dopamine must've got to me. :lol:

Seriously....No WRT to JAn6. I hate legal jargon and briefly read the Jan 6 thread. I have capitol hill police and SS friends, suit and tie and uniformed officers.....I trust their intel over anything in the news or around here.

WRT to election overturning.....asked and answered when TLD inquired. I briefly read stuff, but I'll just let the dust settle and see what comes of it.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:10 am

Not following it that close....all the legal back and forth is just too much to try and track. I'll wait to see how it all plays out....but in short, it infuriates me how there are so many shenanigans in our political system.
I followed those stories. Of course you, on the other hand, seem to have all the answers to anything posted...makes you wonder why you are so involved with so many people stupider than you? Maybe you just crave attention and the dopamine hits.

Or if not "close", at least enough to understand that Chesebro was a key player in the formulation of that plot to over turn the election of Joe Biden, and who in October plead guilty in Georgia and is cooperating with prosecutors implicating Trump and multiple others? And now he's cooperating with prosecutors in other states who are pursuing similar election fraud cases against the fake electors in their states and those who organized them?

It's all the same?
Sorry....I missed this one. When I posted a reply to afan and came back, there were a bunch of notification the dopamine must've got to me. :lol:

Seriously....No WRT to JAn6. I hate legal jargon and briefly read the Jan 6 thread. I have capitol hill police and SS friends, suit and tie and uniformed officers.....I trust their intel over anything in the news or around here.

WRT to election overturning.....asked and answered when TLD inquired. I briefly read stuff, but I'll just let the dust settle and see what comes of it.
:lol: :lol: :lol: like you do everything else. Stop lying.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

It's all the same?

ugh, but Hunter is worth the energy to follow closely???

Come on, I think of you as more serious that that, someone who really can grapple with something as serious as a major conspiracy to overturn an election through unlawful means, fraud and deception. These are hugely serious topics, and while the Jan 6 violence should be a horrible wake up call as to what is actually possible when people get wrapped up in cultish beliefs that prey on their patriotism, the actual plot that surrounded that day is the most important story.

sure, there are legal wranglings, indictments, objections, rulings, etc that may be difficult to stay up to date on, but the fundamentals really deserve attention and not merely "I'll just let the dust settle and see what comes of it" when considering the ramifications of what the Trump/MAGA cult is really about, and what voting means while they are on prospective ballots.

Way, way, way more important than whether Hunter gets legally punished for his bad behavior. On that one, sure "just let the dust settle and see what comes of it." It doesn't threaten American constitutional democracy one way or the other. And he's not running for office.

Or pay some attention because of the dopamine...but don't avoid the much more serious matter just because there were a lot of conspirators in the conspiracy...
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:23 am

It's all the same?

Come on, I think of you as more serious that that, someone who really can grapple with something as serious as a major conspiracy to overturn an election through unlawful means, fraud and deception. These are hugely serious topics, and while the Jan 6 violence should be a horrible wake up call as to what is actually possible when people get wrapped up in cultish beliefs that prey on their patriotism, the actual plot that surrounded that day is the most important story.

sure, there are legal wranglings, indictments, objections, rulings, etc that may be difficult to stay up to date on, but the fundamentals really deserve attention and not merely "I'll just let the dust settle and see what comes of it" when considering the ramifications of what the Trump/MAGA cult is really about, and what voting means while they are on prospective ballots.

Way, way, way more important than whether Hunter gets legally punished for his bad behavior. On that one, sure "just let the dust settle and see what comes of it." It doesn't threaten American constitutional democracy one way or the other. And he's not running for office.

Or pay some attention because of the dopamine...but don't avoid the much more serious matter just because there were a lot of conspirators in the conspiracy...
Appreciate that. But in the end....how many times and posts do we really need to say what DMAC said so eloquently..
crap at that.
I have also backed way off in following the Hunter debacle as well. I'm just burning out, while juggling a career that has me in high gear this past year.....(as an aside) this has been our best year as a company since our inception, circa 1960. It has required me to spend far more time studying contracts, proposals, scopes of work, training and managing a team, while playing IT support for my wife who just finished her masters last night....at the age of 54. So kudos to her....please send Bourbon to celebrate.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Too bad Hunter lied to his own father. They are so very close. What good and faithful son wouldn't have confided in his old man about his fiscal improprieties? A good an loving father would have given his misguided child this simple advice...do the right thing. Yet again...too bad Hunter couldn't be honest and straightforward with his own dad. Joe has stated very clearly he had no knowledge of his beloved sons misguided adventures in trying to hide his income from the government. Tsk tsk tsk... :D
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:53 am

It's all the same?

Appreciate that. But in the end....how many times and posts do we really need to say what DMAC said so eloquently..
crap at that.
I have also backed way off in following the Hunter debacle as well. I'm just burning out, while juggling a career that has me in high gear this past year.....(as an aside) this has been our best year as a company since our inception, circa 1960. It has required me to spend far more time studying contracts, proposals, scopes of work, training and managing a team, while playing IT support for my wife who just finished her masters last night....at the age of 54. So kudos to her....please send Bourbon to celebrate.
+1 that is outstanding I'm very happy for you. I bet your paying your taxes aren't you?
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:09 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:02 am
crap at that.
1. The "snake charmer"
3. The "brownfield"

Your comments and opinions have been duly noteld and recorded. They will be passed on to the committee for further consideration and response. Enjoy the rest of your day and have a wonderful weekend. :D

FTR that should read " would you like the remaining list" When you use proper grammar people can understand what you mean. You gotta doctorate for crying out loud. Do you understand the difference in interpretation of what you composed? What you composed implies that you would like the remaining list. What you should have said would have asked me if I wanted to read the rest of your list. Glad to clear up your substandard grammar for you. You have a marvelous weekend young man.
When fixated on small stuff one misses the big picture. I have no idea how your myopia has evolved but it is narower than a barren canal.

Not even good at being petty....
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

It's all the same?

crap at that.
I just got a quartely dividend check well in excess of forecasts myself on the "family" EE company stock. About 14-15% EBITDA instead of 11-12% worked out to an extra $6k or so from my expectation on putting $200 in last Jan (partially funded by FIL who wanted me to buy in so incentivized me-held my nose going in but somehow it's working out so far). But for this phase on Meta mega project they had to bring in a partner (purely for labor as there's only so many IBEW to go around these days) and this partner both sucks and I've learned is funding payroll with their working capital line. I don't really deal in lower middle market industrial and services businesses typically but thinking of getting to said partner firm and putting them with a factoring company or non bank ABL that will fund them as long as my FILs company needs them to finish phase but probably doesn't keep them from Bankruptcy eventually, yet solves the issue of a partner falling out on a big project phase they are committed to and I can take a little for my kids college by doing so as well. We will see. It's kind of like the sharks biting at the fish in old man and the sea at the end - not to my tastes but maybe its time I locked down my future and kids by taking these opportunities off the table.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

a fan

Post by a fan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:09 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:41 am As are you, by maintaining your personal partisan scoreboard while widening the goalpost. Are you intentionally being coy, and avoiding that the fake dossier essentially destroyed an elected president's term all out of partisan vindictiveness, while at the same made a mockery of the US in front of the globe.
No one except Republican gave a Sh(t about that dossier....a dossier that was IMMEDIATELY mocked by the MSM. The WaPo tore Buzzfeed a new one for publishing that dreck....while the WaPo refused to run it. I posted the WaPo piece hammering Buzzfeed's choice to run that POS, unconfirmed "Dossier" multiple times for the Forum.

But you and OS ignore these details, because FoxNews crams their made-up narrative down your throat.....and you are overjoyed to eat that up, because the Dems are bad, and Trump is Sooper-Awesome, and would never to shady stuff. :roll:

Question: did you or didn't you want a man on Putin's payroll----Paul Manafort-----working in the White House?

If the answer is "no", know you know why the FBI and DoJ was up the Trump Campaign's *ss from the word go.

None of that is made up. All proven true in a court of law. Manafort worked to put Putin's man into power in Ukraine. Was convinced for trying to hide the money he got from doing that.

Then there's Kush and TrumpJr. meeting with a Russian spy in TrumpTower that Kush himself admitted to doing, and then "forgetting" to mention it on a revised Federal form.. Again: how the F isn't that TRYING to work with Russia to get elected?

The Dossier has NOTHING to do with these events, YA. You're swallowing the FoxNation BS.
You have yet again widened the goal and moved the entre discussion away from the original point this morning. Sure, I'll play bt have to leave shortly for a few client visits.

Question: did you or didn't you want a man on Putin's payroll----Paul Manafort-----working in the White House? NO!

Can you point me to the part where the FBI documented that Trump knew Manafort worked for Putin when he asked him to join his team? Details matter...not just yours.

Then there's Kush and TrumpJr. meeting with a Russian spy in TrumpTower that Kush himself admitted to doing, and then "forgetting" to mention it on a revised Federal form.. Again: how the F isn't that TRYING to work with Russia to get elected? :lol: Again, details matter. They admitted to meeting someone in the tower....do you recall why? Ahhhh....yes that stupid OpResearch......striked again, where the sexy lady claimed to have dirt on HRC.

Crazy how you have such a good memory but only present enough of the story to make it fit your argument. The goal is now back to normal size. ;)
Big logic flaw...a fan is saying that the 'dossier' had nothing to do with the FBI's concern about Trump, their concern far preceded that set of memos.

The FBI sure as sh-t knew who Paul Manafort was and who he worked for. Let's assume that Trump is a total idiot and didn't bother to know who Manafort had just been working for and was so stupid and egocentric that he actually thought that Manafort was working without pay out of the goodness of his heart, no signal there...so, Trump is stupid and egocentric, and is set up to be a Russian asset, a "useful idiot"...nah, nothing to be concerned about with the candidate of a major party...

Same thing re Tower meeting. Let's say they were all stupid or lazy or whatever, so they were welcoming dirt on a campaign opponent from someone they knew right away was representing Russian interests, wanting to talk about "adoptions" in Russia...meaning Magnitsky Act sanctions...your supposition again is they were immensely stupid and ignorant...ok, "useful idiots", who then failed to report the meeting to the FBI, instead lied about it...

And oh yeah, all those other lies about the business dealings, past and ongoing, with Russians...

The point isn't whether Trump "kew that Manafort worked for Putin" or that the Trump Tower meeting was enormously inappropriate, or even that he's sane enough to "know" that he was lying about business dealings, it's that this reality forced the FBI to be highly concerned and not avoid investigating...and Trump kept making it worse and worse and worse.
This. Exactly this. Totally irrelevant what Trump knew----the conversation is: as a citizen, do you want the FBI to take a look at a Campaign manager who just got done working for Vladimir Putin?

The rest of us who aren't in the bag for a Political Party? We want them up the TrumpCampaign's *ss IMMEDIATELY. BEFORE he takes office.

The same way, to really pound it home, when Hunter didn't pay his freaking taxes, I want the IRS to open a case. And when warranted, the DoJ step in and nail him on fraud.

That's the thing I don't get, YA: you see here that NO ONE is whining about the IRS for daring to open a case on Hunter. No claims of Deep State. No claims of corruption. Not a freaking word.

Yet we have six years of whiny-baby-pee-pants complaints about the FBI daring to investigate AND CONVICT felons on TeamTrump. You guys are the reason Trump keeps getting nominated: you're all batsh*t crazy with this conspiracy stuff.

The 1%ers LOVE that you guys will bend over backwards to defend anyone with the "correct letter" by their name, YA.

And they LOVE that your team keeps lowering the bar for what you will accept in your leaders. Trump's got, what----indictments for 91 felonies right now? Try asking either of your grandfathers in the 1970's if that's acceptable to him for an American POTUS. We both know what they'd say.

They'd say: F on, what is wrong with you and the Republican party?? ;)
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:34 am
old salt wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:56 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:51 pm :mrgreen: Republican nominee for POTUS seeking to work with Russians to get elected and lied to government officials didn’t bother you but Hunter not paying his taxes did. On what planet is that not stupid?

:mrgreen:

Oh its the Crime Family thing not Hunter not paying taxes? You are also a liar.
:mrgreen: Dem candidate for POTUS seeking former Brit spy with Russian contacts to fabricate a PSYOP alleging Trump-Russia collusion & former media muckraker who can feed it to the media & DoJ/FBI. Payment will be via DNC's law firm.
So your standard is moral relativism when it fits your needs it’s right?
I was inspired by TLD. This is the want ads section, right ?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:37 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:09 am

This. Exactly this. Totally irrelevant what Trump knew----the conversation is: as a citizen, do you want the FBI to take a look at a Campaign manager who just got done working for Vladimir Putin?

The rest of us who aren't in the bag for a Political Party? We want them up the TrumpCampaign's *ss IMMEDIATELY. BEFORE he takes office.

The same way, to really pound it home, when Hunter didn't pay his freaking taxes, I want the IRS to open a case. And when warranted, the DoJ step in and nail him on fraud.

That's the thing I don't get, YA: you see here that NO ONE is whining about the IRS for daring to open a case on Hunter. No claims of Deep State. No claims of corruption. Not a freaking word.

Yet we have six years of whiny-baby-pee-pants complaints about the FBI daring to investigate AND CONVICT felons on TeamTrump. You guys are the reason Trump keeps getting nominated: you're all batsh*t crazy with this conspiracy stuff.

The 1%ers LOVE that you guys will bend over backwards to defend anyone with the "correct letter" by their name, YA.

And they LOVE that your team keeps lowering the bar for what you will accept in your leaders. Trump's got, what----indictments for 91 felonies right now? Try asking either of your grandfathers in the 1970's if that's acceptable to him for an American POTUS. We both know what they'd say.

They'd say: F on, what is wrong with you and the Republican party?? ;)
Was it illegal for him to work with or consult with Putin? I'm betting both parties have folks that negotiate with Xi in China. It is quite possible and very likely the ChiComs are trying to corrupt and influence US elections just like Vlad. Is it only the Russians that have been caught with their pants around their ankles? I'm guessing the ChiCom s are equally as guilty of indecent exposure.
Bob Ross:
DMac

Post by DMac »

Very nice, glad to hear it, there's a lot going there.
You forgot to mention dog duties too.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Congrats to your spouse YA. Great achievement and great milestone. Hope you get some time off for the Holidays.
old salt

Post by old salt »

:roll: ...was MSNBC not in your cable pkg or were you just not watching ? The pundits would not name Steele or Fusion GPS as their source, but they parroted the dossier content as if it was gospel.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:17 am Does the latest news mean that Saltine Warrior will finally STFU on this topic?

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
I was going to let the speaking indictment speak for me, but since you asked, I wouldn't want to disappoint you.

I don't think this will be the last of it. The IRS WB's are vindicated. (R)'s in Congress will continue to dig. :mrgreen:

https://nypost.com/2023/12/08/opinion/h ... joe-biden/

Hunter indictment designed specifically to avoid Joe Biden

By Jonathan Turley, Dec. 8, 2023

The steps taken by Hunter to evade taxes are impressive, but not nearly as impressive as the efforts of the Justice Department to evade any direct implications for his father, President Biden.
In that sense, the indictment itself is a marvel of evasion.
There are three glaring omissions in the indictment that tend to shield critical payments and conduct that implicate the president.

The Burisma-Ukrainian money
First, the special counsel only indicts tax evasion that occurred in recent years.
That’s because the long “investigation” into Hunter inexplicably allowed the statute of limitations to expire on the most controversial payments from Ukraine gas company Burisma.
Recent testimony from IRS whistleblowers suggests that wasn’t an accident. Investigators were stonewalled, they claimed, and the Justice Department was previously moving to reject any charges against Hunter Biden.
Exploring those earlier Ukrainian payments opens up questions about Hunter’s influence peddling and would have highlighted the conflict in his father’s extraordinary move to force the Ukrainians to fire a prosecutor investigating Burisma by holding back a billion dollars in aid for the country.
There is still no explanation why special counsel David Weiss would allow the statute of limitations to run out.
Hunter Biden is finally going to face hard questions from those who won’t ‘ask nicely’
But this recent indictment keeps the focus squarely on taxes not paid, not how the money was “earned” in the first place.

Hunter the foreign agent
Also missing in the indictment is any charge against Hunter Biden as an unregistered foreign agent.
Recently, the Justice Department added a charge to the indictment of Sen. Bob Menendez (D-NJ) that he ran afoul of FARA, the Foreign Agents Registration Act. FARA also was used to go after Donald Trump associates such as Paul Manafort.
The problem with charging Hunter with FARA is obvious.
It opens up questions about the millions of dollars going to the Biden family from foreign sources, a topic that Attorney General Merrick Garland has spent years avoiding.
In the second indictment, Weiss spends more time detailing the salacious use of this money rather than how and why it was given to the Bidens.
He just matter-of-factly describes millions flowing through these accounts from China, Romania, Ukraine, Russia and other countries.

The unindicted co-conspirator
By focusing on tax evasion alone, Weiss again avoids any direct reference to the focus of the influence-peddling used to raise these millions of dollars.
Even without mentioning the president, the implications of the indictment are devastating for the narrative and denials of Joe Biden.
The president has continued to maintain that he had no knowledge or interaction with these dealings. Those statements are clearly and knowingly false.
The president also maintained that his son has “never done anything wrong” and never accepted any money from China.
That is also untrue, according to the Justice Department and Hunter himself.
Yet Weiss continues to avoid any need to address the person who was the selling point of the influence peddling.
It was the same person who repeatedly called in to dinners and meetings, repeatedly attended events, and held meetings and photo shots for these clients.
Instead, Weiss indicts the failure to pay taxes on the proceeds of these dealings without addressing that underlying corruption.
It is akin to arresting a bank robber for speeding away from the crime scene without mentioning the reason for his flight.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2023/12/ ... ite-house/

The Hunter Biden Tax Indictment Is a Disaster for the White House

By ANDREW C. MCCARTHY, December 8, 2023

If you’ve been following the Biden saga, the indictment has some neon-flashing problems for the president.
There are several astonishing things about the 56-page grand-jury indictment filed with nine counts against the president’s son, Hunter Biden, by federal prosecutor David Weiss.

The first is that it’s dizzying.
The indictment is scathing in describing the younger Biden’s unsavory lifestyle, his deep dishonesty, and his willful decision to evade tax liabilities on millions of dollars in income and instead spend the money on escorts, drugs, luxury goods, and the like. Hunter is portrayed as exactly the kind of tax cheat who should be prosecuted. In fact, he appears to be just the sort of elitist scoundrel abominated in the rhetoric of his father and Democrats — privileged, addicted to consumption, producing little of real value, and greedily unwilling to pay his “fair share.”

But here’s the problem: Just four months ago, the same David Weiss tried to bury the same tax case against the same Hunter Biden — offering him a no-jail plea to two puny misdemeanors, a sweetheart deal so out of the ordinary that Weiss’s minions could not answer a judge’s simple questions about it, and that the ever-entitled Hunter’s defense lawyers foolishly blew up over fear of a hypothetical prosecution on tougher charges that Weiss patently had no intention to bring.

It is impossible to square Weiss’s slamming of Hunter in the new indictment with the blind eye he turned toward Hunter in the failed plea bargain — a submission in which the only narrative was a statement of facts sympathetic to Hunter, the drafting of which was clearly controlled by Hunter’s lawyers, not the agents who investigated the case.

In the indictment, Weiss scoffs that Hunter only filed his taxes in the relevant years because he’d been dragged into court in civil cases, which resulted in judges forcing him to fess up about his finances and produce tax returns. The irony here is rich. After all, why do we (finally) have this indictment? Only because Weiss could not rationalize the plea bargain he tried to give Hunter to make the case go away and, in his humiliation, was forced to go back to his office and act like a real prosecutor — whereupon he has thrown the book at Hunter as he should have in the first place . . . or at least that portion of the book that was still left after Weiss allowed statutes of limitations to run on offenses from earlier years.

Six of the indictment’s nine charges are misdemeanors, each punishable by up to a year’s imprisonment. They allege willful failures to (a) pay taxes for the years 2016 through 2019, and (b) file returns in 2017 and 2018. The other three charges are felonies. The most serious is tax evasion in 2018, which carries a potential five-year prison sentence. Hunter is also charged with two counts of filing false tax returns in 2018 (involving his personal return and a corporate return), each of which carries a potential three-year term of incarceration. The felonies are the reason Weiss needed an indictment from a grand jury — misdemeanors may be charged by the prosecutor without grand-jury approval but are sometimes, as here, charged in an indictment (when there are a number of them, or when they are combined with felonies).

(The statute defining the misdemeanor charges, §7203 of the tax code, prescribes circumstances in which the misdemeanor could be increased to a felony punishable by up to five years’ imprisonment. It does not appear to me that Hunter’s case triggers those circumstances.)

If my math is right, Hunter is looking at a maximum statutory sentence of 17 years. Under the federal sentencing guidelines, his sentence if convicted would be lighter, but not insignificant. (I presume the president would pardon his son rather than see him sentenced to prison, but that remains to be seen. Hunter, we should recall, has already been charged in a separate indictment on firearms offenses.)

President Biden is not alluded to in the indictment, but his brother Jim is (described as one of the “business associates”), as are other Hunter partners — Rob Walker, James Gilliar, Eric Schwerin, Devon Archer, and Ye Jianming (of CEFC, the Chinese government-affiliated energy company).

If the case were ever to go to trial, it would be very embarrassing for the Biden administration. The indictment’s background allegations get into schemes with various agents of corrupt and anti-American regimes from whom the Biden family business reeled in millions of dollars.

Of course, Hunter is described by Weiss as “a Georgetown- and Yale-educated lawyer, lobbyist, consultant, and businessperson,” and Biden apologists will point to this description in claiming that the millions were legitimately earned. But on the other hand, several of the notorious schemes were laid out in some detail: Burisma, CEFC, Romania (where, in exchange for $3 million, the Bidens and their partners went to bat for corruption suspect Gabriel Popoviciu), the largesse of “sugar bro” Hollywood lawyer Kevin Morris, and more.

Joe Biden’s participation in these transactions is not mentioned in the indictment. But we know from various witness accounts and documents that he is here, there, and everywhere — as one would expect, given that it’s his political heft on which Hunter was cashing in.

If you’ve been following the Biden saga, the indictment has some neon-flashing problems for the president. For example, Weiss notes that Burisma, the corrupt Ukrainian energy company, agreed in 2014 to pay then-Vice President Biden’s son $1 million a year. Weiss then deadpans that, in March 2017, “Burisma reduced [Hunter’s] compensation to $500,000 a year[.]” Loud and clear, even if unmentioned, is the reason for the deep pay cut: Once Joe Biden was no longer vice president, as of January 2017, Hunter was no longer as valuable to Burisma — whose top dog, Mykola (Nikolai) Zlochevsky told an FBI informant that he put Hunter on the Burisma board, despite thinking him a dullard, in order to curry favor with Joe Biden, to whom he claimed to have paid $10 million in bribes (for Joe and Hunter combined).

Predictably, Weiss has steered clear of the most serious suspicions of criminal conduct arising out of the Biden influence-peddling scheme — no bribery charges, no money-laundering, no mention of their failure to register as foreign agents. Nevertheless, if the schemes outlined in the tax charges were proved, it would be impossible to avoid evidence of Joe Biden’s participation, to say nothing of the centrality of his political influence to Hunter’s ability to rake in millions of dollars.

The Biden Justice Department tried to bury this case. Weiss was shamed into indicting it because that gambit imploded — because the whistleblower agents went public, and the investigating House committees (building on the scut work previously done by Senators Chuck Grassley and Ron Johnson) proved the jaw-dropping transfers of millions of dollars from shady foreign agents to the Bidens. And now it’s obvious why the administration needed the case buried: Hunter is not the only Biden for whom it is a disaster.

Return to “POLITICS”