Elon Musk (yet another authoritarian)

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Elon Musk (yet another authoritarian)

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Here is another organization that has served it’s purpose….time to move on…

https://www.rainn.org/about-rainn#:~:text=RAINN%20(Rape%2C%20Abuse%20%26%20Incest,largest%20anti%2Dsexual%20violence%20organization.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Typical Lax Dad

Maybe this organization has already served its purpose….seems to have stalled. Probably time to put an end to it: https://dare.org/
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

It might be the dumbest logic we've seen on here, absent a conscious trolling attempt by the poster.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Pretty good piece on what Musk was promoting as "true' and why it matters.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/17/business ... index.html
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:07 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:46 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:25 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:43 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:18 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:10 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:51 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:33 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:22 pm
Kismet wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:14 pm He may be a genius at some things but as a person he's an idiot and apparently an anti-semite as well.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/11/16/elon-mu ... truth.html
I read the article quite differently....maybe I give people far too much rope before I revert to calling them something like an anti-semite. I read it as a shot directly at the ADM for perpetuating division; arguably, what many feel places like the NAACP also do. If these types of organizations did not exist any longer, (again, we can argue they served a very valuable purpose at inception) maybe, we could move past the divisions that they continue to keep alive, for the sake of their own survival. Just a thought.
It's the Jews fault that they are persecuted...they should just shut up?

I mean, particularly the organized Jews; if they just shut up about anti-semitism it would disappear...same for them blacks who get organized for civil rights...???
You really have a hard time thinking past the immediate, and are stuck in the past. Not to mention, very good at listening either.

.....the ADL is doing wonders for Israel, no? Or asked differently, what have they done for Israel in order to help them secure peace....which is THE HOME of the Jews? Where were they during all the (essentially)pro-Hamas/Palestine marches on all the IL/college campuses.

Maybe I am wrong, but there is has to come a time where groups like these are not longer needed, out laws already protect each of us....maybe its time to cut the umbilical cord.
Views like yours and Elon Musk’s pretty much disprove your arguments.

If anything, white supremacist racism is on the rise. Antisemitism is on the rise. Anti-LGBTQ bigotry is on the rise. Misogyny is on the rise. And the Republican Party has largely been transformed into a fascist personality cult.

If anything, America needs organizations like the ADL, NAACP, and ACLU more than ever before.

DocBarrister
Flipping your logic back on you....it proves those organizations are not doing anything to actually make it better for those the whom they are fighting for, if the claim is all those bad things are on the rise.
Not doing anything???
Excuse me, but when anti-semitism leads to pogroms and holocausts and terrorist attacks it's not because the ADL has failed. It's because evil, bigoted, hate-filled people take control of a society and need a scapegoat.

We have "laws" against "aberrant behavior"??? How are those "laws" doing?

You're way out to lunch on this, youth.
This is fun.....and you are making my point for me, thanks.

You start with "Not doing anything???"
Then follow with "when anti-semitism leads to pogroms and holocausts and terrorist attacks it's not because the ADL has failed. It's because evil, bigoted, hate-filled people take control of a society and need a scapegoat."

To which I argue......it certainly seems like these groups are not doing any prevention work, except maintaining their 5013C status, considering, as you & Doc say, it's getting worse out there".

Then you try to argue with me about laws.....buy citing me, followed by "How are those "laws" doing? "
To which I reply....exactly the point. Hear me out, All these fabulous intentioned groups, talking and saying all the right things, followed by an argument that it is getting worse out there, and yet all the laws we have to prosecute such behavior has actually 'increased' the behavior, tells us what and we can make it multiple choice. Feel free to add additional options...

(a) These groups are failing
(b) The attorneys and judges are not prosecuting these crimes appropriately
(c) God and Faith is intentionally being washed out of current culture, and we are witnessing the rebound effect
(d) ???
good lord, do you understand causation?
People battling bigotry don't cause bigotry, bigotry grows when it is encouraged, rewarded, isn't opposed, not the other way around...

I guess Jim Crow laws were better...than civil rights laws...huh?? In youth's world, civil rights laws made racism worse...gotta get back to lynching, those laws against it don't work so well...???

Sure, God is telling us that black folks are inferior, see... slavery is in the Bible...and hey didn't the Jews kill Jesus?

You gotta just be trolling us with this stupid garbage, right?
I’m right….you are not a good listener. I’ve now said, at least two times, that these groups have served their purpose….and now, maybe they have run their course.

Maybe a healthy compromise and for far better optics and reach, is these groups all combining, rather than having them continue to operate in silos.
This group has failed! They even post the failure on the landing page!

https://madd.org/

Has definitely run its course…
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:37 am It might be the dumbest logic we've seen on here, absent a conscious trolling attempt by the poster.
It was an attempt to have a healthy conversation about a polarizing topic, confirmation bias on your part seems to present itself more often than not.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

IBM just pulled all their advertising on the platform

"In a statement, IBM said it “has zero tolerance for hate speech and discrimination, and we have immediately suspended all advertising on X while we investigate this entirely unacceptable situation.”

Less than 24 hours after Elon Musk endorsed an antisemitic post on X as “the actual truth” of what Jewish people were doing, IBM paused its advertising on the social media platform as X’s chief executive, Linda Yaccarino, and others at the company scrambled on Thursday to contain the fallout.

X employees said on Thursday that they had gotten calls from advertisers wondering why Mr. Musk was making comments seen as antisemitic and why their ads were showing up next to white nationalist and Nazi content, according to internal messages that were viewed by The New York Times. IBM cut off about $1 million in advertising spending that it had committed to the platform for the last three months of the year, the messages said."

Apparently, Musk's comments aren't engendering any kind of healthy dialogue and some advertisers are very concerned, YA.

Friday PM: Lionsgate has suspended all advertising on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter, the entertainment giant said Friday afternoon. Apple and Disney followed suit.
Last edited by Kismet on Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:35 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:37 am It might be the dumbest logic we've seen on here, absent a conscious trolling attempt by the poster.
It was an attempt to have a healthy conversation about a polarizing topic, confirmation bias on your part seems to present itself more often than not.
I don't see anything "healthy" about promoting or defending statements blaming victims of bigotry for the bigotry they endure. Nor blaming the organizations and people which combat bigotry.

It's a very dumb argument made by bigots to deflect blame from themselves.

"polarizing"?
Typical Lax Dad

Down with D.A.R.E..!! needs to be in the dustbin if history with ADL and NAACP!
Typical Lax Dad

Kismet wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:52 am IBM just pulled all their advertising on the platform

"In a statement, IBM said it “has zero tolerance for hate speech and discrimination, and we have immediately suspended all advertising on X while we investigate this entirely unacceptable situation.”

Less than 24 hours after Elon Musk endorsed an antisemitic post on X as “the actual truth” of what Jewish people were doing, IBM paused its advertising on the social media platform as X’s chief executive, Linda Yaccarino, and others at the company scrambled on Thursday to contain the fallout.

X employees said on Thursday that they had gotten calls from advertisers wondering why Mr. Musk was making comments seen as antisemitic and why their ads were showing up next to white nationalist and Nazi content, according to internal messages that were viewed by The New York Times. IBM cut off about $1 million in advertising spending that it had committed to the platform for the last three months of the year, the messages said."

Apparently, Musk's comments aren't engendering any kind of healthy dialogue and some advertisers are very concerned, YA.
Advertisers are suffering from confirmation bias. Nothing wrong with Nazi and White Nationalist content showing up with their advertisements. Nazis and White Nationalists spend money too!!
Typical Lax Dad

Given the problems we see, this stuff has probably run its course and definitely isn’t helping…. That’s probably why it being taken down. Folks following your advice.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/birthplac ... eople-gaza
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Kismet wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:14 pm He may be a genius at some things but as a person he's an idiot and apparently an anti-semite as well.

I read the article quite differently....maybe I give people far too much rope before I revert to calling them something like an anti-semite. I read it as a shot directly at the ADM for perpetuating division; arguably, what many feel places like the NAACP also do. If these types of organizations did not exist any longer, (again, we can argue they served a very valuable purpose at inception) maybe, we could move past the divisions that they continue to keep alive, for the sake of their own survival. Just a thought.

I mean, particularly the organized Jews; if they just shut up about anti-semitism it would disappear...same for them blacks who get organized for civil rights...???
You really have a hard time thinking past the immediate, and are stuck in the past. Not to mention, very good at listening either.

.....the ADL is doing wonders for Israel, no? Or asked differently, what have they done for Israel in order to help them secure peace....which is THE HOME of the Jews? Where were they during all the (essentially)pro-Hamas/Palestine marches on all the IL/college campuses.

Maybe I am wrong, but there is has to come a time where groups like these are not longer needed, out laws already protect each of us....maybe its time to cut the umbilical cord.

If anything, white supremacist racism is on the rise. Antisemitism is on the rise. Anti-LGBTQ bigotry is on the rise. Misogyny is on the rise. And the Republican Party has largely been transformed into a fascist personality cult.

If anything, America needs organizations like the ADL, NAACP, and ACLU more than ever before.

DocBarrister
Flipping your logic back on you....it proves those organizations are not doing anything to actually make it better for those the whom they are fighting for, if the claim is all those bad things are on the rise.
You do understand just how stupid your argument is?

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
Typical Lax Dad

DocBarrister wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:53 pm

DocBarrister
You do understand just how stupid your argument is?

DocBarrister :?
Nope
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Both stages of the Starship Heavy launch today failed - First stage exploded just after separation from Starship which did light up second stage before it needed to be destroyed before reaching orbit.

Better than last time when the entire craft exploded on the launch pad destroying the pad as well as the vehicle.

Only in Elon's world is it somehow a success to lose BOTH launch vehicles to explosion before reaching orbit

Will we beat the CCP to the moon? Who are they going to get to ride on this stick of dynamite in hopes of successfully getting to the moon?
Last edited by Kismet on Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:38 pm

DocBarrister
Not doing anything???
Excuse me, but when anti-semitism leads to pogroms and holocausts and terrorist attacks it's not because the ADL has failed. It's because evil, bigoted, hate-filled people take control of a society and need a scapegoat.

Then follow with "when anti-semitism leads to pogroms and holocausts and terrorist attacks it's not because the ADL has failed. It's because evil, bigoted, hate-filled people take control of a society and need a scapegoat."

To which I argue......it certainly seems like these groups are not doing any prevention work, except maintaining their 5013C status, considering, as you & Doc say, it's getting worse out there".

Then you try to argue with me about laws.....buy citing me, followed by "How are those "laws" doing? "
To which I reply....exactly the point. Hear me out, All these fabulous intentioned groups, talking and saying all the right things, followed by an argument that it is getting worse out there, and yet all the laws we have to prosecute such behavior has actually 'increased' the behavior, tells us what and we can make it multiple choice. Feel free to add additional options...

(c) God and Faith is intentionally being washed out of current culture, and we are witnessing the rebound effect
(d) ???
Those organizations were created to stop racism?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cN3rzi7dZVQ
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Not for nothing but wasn't Musk the darling of the environmental folks at one time? He is now a Jew hating mega billionaire that needs to be crushed like a bug. The only thing I know for sure...Musk doesn't give a chit about what people think of him. I wonder if he as any plans to run for POTUS??
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:15 pm Not for nothing but wasn't Musk the darling of the environmental folks at one time? He is now a Jew hating mega billionaire that needs to be crushed like a bug. The only thing I know for sure...Musk doesn't give a chit about what people think of him. I wonder if he as any plans to run for POTUS??
I trust you jest. Natural born and all of that…
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:20 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:15 pm Not for nothing but wasn't Musk the darling of the environmental folks at one time? He is now a Jew hating mega billionaire that needs to be crushed like a bug. The only thing I know for sure...Musk doesn't give a chit about what people think of him. I wonder if he as any plans to run for POTUS??
I trust you jest. Natural born and all of that…
Yeah, and who ever thought Trump would run for president and actually win?
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DocBarrister
Not doing anything???

(d) ???
There’s a whole universe that could plausibly and more likely be included in #d-? And there’s more value in that than the first three combined.

It could be 1,000,000x worse without these groups and yet you took your argument in the opposite direction as if it was inconceivable that this could or likely is the case.

Have you considered your a is absolutely incorrect and in fact their efforts have been wildly successful because we could’ve had a genocide without them? You have to define success first and by leaving your argument so open without enough shape, framing or definition it has next to no value to a neutral third party. Unclear whether this opacity is an intentional heuristic to giant reaction with “intellectual shortcutters” or a mistake in advancing an argument but it has the same effect to those who think through it.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah

Return to “POLITICS”