Elon Musk (yet another authoritarian)

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: Elon Musk (yet another authoritarian)

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:03 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:41 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:35 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:06 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:18 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:10 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:00 pm Yes, that's what he seemed to be saying. It's $19B - $13B = $6B...and that's down from $44B.
Makes the sellers look like friggin geniuses...OR...
One of the most obvious and inadvertantly brilliant business moves in modern history by the old Twitter Board. And it's overshadowed by Musk's incompetence and crybaby-ness. Board would have been carved up if they didn't take that deal.

They made out like bandits because of one man's hubris. This is gonna go down in history in a bad way for Mr X.

Tom from MySpace with his fortune and relaxing retirement seems happier than Musk will ever be.
Why do you all sniff his jock so badly. You do realize Karen-esque it sounds to be complaining about someone else's money. Now go order a soy frappuccino while your at it. ;) :lol:

You all are so quick to judge. Name someone who posses more power to reach the globe in a key stroke....that is power that can be harnessed and used for the greater good by governments. Never forget...your phone is nothing more than a wireless umbilical cord tethered to you.
You are using the term incorrectly… :lol: :lol: :lol:
Quite awkward reference!

And a very strange argument, youth. On the one hand, you think no one should be commenting on Musk’s management decisions leading to immense destruction in business value, and on the other you appear to be extolling the power he wields. Do I have that correct?

If so, who is doing the jock sniffing here?
It is used perfectly and bigly...I am just a few steps ahead of you. I'll explain, which should give you and fellow jock sniffer TLD more to chew on to keep TLD's post count up. ;) :lol:

It's clear you all are envious, otherwise he'd be dead to you. You've already stated on many occasions you hate him and he's a jerk....which means you secretly do envy him for his wealth and ability to spend that kind of money, frivolously as it may seem. So yes, jock sniffing fits perfectly.... as you all secretly envy/idolize him, for things you can not do, nor understand.

He does have power, he's the wealthiest person on the globe by 50b.... and trending up. :lol:

You like Apples? ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqHRz6SrfiA
Envy is also a misuse of the word in this context….what should I do about a cold solder joint?

>> What of phrases like “fronting,” “busting,” and “jocking?” Jocking is not actually a word, but a slang term derived from the word “jock,” meaning “athlete” or “a person devoted to a single pursuit or interest.” Jock, of course, comes from “jockstrap,” making its definition both amusing and literal. But the term “jocking” refers to liking someone so much so that you are often blindly into them. <<
Yes it’s the opposite of his use oddly. Would think a man of the people would know this. Another way of describing it is “swinging from the n**s” bug again that’s the opposite of what’s going on here.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

He may be a genius at some things but as a person he's an idiot and apparently an anti-semite as well.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/11/16/elon-mu ... truth.html
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Kismet wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:14 pm He may be a genius at some things but as a person he's an idiot and apparently an anti-semite as well.

I read the article quite differently....maybe I give people far too much rope before I revert to calling them something like an anti-semite. I read it as a shot directly at the ADM for perpetuating division; arguably, what many feel places like the NAACP also do. If these types of organizations did not exist any longer, (again, we can argue they served a very valuable purpose at inception) maybe, we could move past the divisions that they continue to keep alive, for the sake of their own survival. Just a thought.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:22 pm
Kismet wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:14 pm He may be a genius at some things but as a person he's an idiot and apparently an anti-semite as well.

I read the article quite differently....maybe I give people far too much rope before I revert to calling them something like an anti-semite. I read it as a shot directly at the ADM for perpetuating division; arguably, what many feel places like the NAACP also do. If these types of organizations did not exist any longer, (again, we can argue they served a very valuable purpose at inception) maybe, we could move past the divisions that they continue to keep alive, for the sake of their own survival. Just a thought.
It's the Jews fault that they are persecuted...they should just shut up?

I mean, particularly the organized Jews; if they just shut up about anti-semitism it would disappear...same for them blacks who get organized for civil rights...???
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:33 pm

I mean, particularly the organized Jews; if they just shut up about anti-semitism it would disappear...same for them blacks who get organized for civil rights...???
You really have a hard time thinking past the immediate, and are stuck in the past. Not to mention, very good at listening either.

.....the ADL is doing wonders for Israel, no? Or asked differently, what have they done for Israel in order to help them secure peace....which is THE HOME of the Jews? Where were they during all the (essentially)pro-Hamas/Palestine marches on all the IL/college campuses.

Maybe I am wrong, but there is has to come a time where groups like these are not longer needed, out laws already protect each of us....maybe its time to cut the umbilical cord.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:51 pmWhere were they during all the (essentially)pro-Hamas/Palestine marches on all the IL/college campuses.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:51 pm

You really have a hard time thinking past the immediate, and are stuck in the past. Not to mention, very good at listening either.

.....the ADL is doing wonders for Israel, no? Or asked differently, what have they done for Israel in order to help them secure peace....which is THE HOME of the Jews? Where were they during all the (essentially)pro-Hamas/Palestine marches on all the IL/college campuses.

Maybe I am wrong, but there is has to come a time where groups like these are not longer needed, out laws already protect each of us....maybe its time to cut the umbilical cord.
Views like yours and Elon Musk’s pretty much disprove your arguments.

If anything, white supremacist racism is on the rise. Antisemitism is on the rise. Anti-LGBTQ bigotry is on the rise. Misogyny is on the rise. And the Republican Party has largely been transformed into a fascist personality cult.

If anything, America needs organizations like the ADL, NAACP, and ACLU more than ever before.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

A pity there was no ADL in Germany in the 1930s either. :oops: :oops: :oops:

You might also benefit from reading some history about persecutions of Jewish populations elsewhere including but not limited to Stalinist and Czarist Russia. No ADL there either.

Maybe also read up on Henry Ford and Charles Lindbergh while you're at it. No ADL to call them out either. Little known fact that during WWII the Roosevelt Administration orchestrated the ouster of Ford (who had taken over again after the premature death of son Edsel), installing Henry Ford II because the Feds thought he might screw up war production as the company was making not only cars, but planes, tanks, trucks and other war materiel. After all, Ford bought a newspaper in Dearborn MI which he used to circulate his virulent Antisemitism to the public in the 1930s leading up to WWII.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

DocBarrister wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:10 pm

If anything, white supremacist racism is on the rise. Antisemitism is on the rise. Anti-LGBTQ bigotry is on the rise. Misogyny is on the rise. And the Republican Party has largely been transformed into a fascist personality cult.

If anything, America needs organizations like the ADL, NAACP, and ACLU more than ever before.

DocBarrister
Flipping your logic back on you....it proves those organizations are not doing anything to actually make it better for those the whom they are fighting for, if the claim is all those bad things are on the rise.
~Livy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Kismet wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:28 pm

You might also benefit from reading some history about persecutions of Jewish populations elsewhere including but not limited to Stalinist and Czarist Russia. No ADL there either.

Maybe also read up on Henry Ford and Charles Lindbergh while you're at it. No ADL to call them out either. Little known fact that during WWII the Roosevelt Administration orchestrated the ouster of Ford (who had taken over again after the premature death of son Edsel), installing Henry Ford II because the Feds thought he might screw up war production as the company was making not only cars, but planes, tanks, trucks and other war materiel. After all, Ford bought a newspaper in Dearborn MI which he used to circulate his virulent Antisemitism to the public in the 1930s leading up to WWII.
I see that you too, are not a good listener, and only look backwards. As I noted in bold from my original post. Further, we are at a point in time where all our laws serve to protect against type of abhorrent behavior.
~Livy
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:24 pm
Kismet wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:28 pm

I see that you too, are not a good listener, and only look backwards. As I noted in bold from my original post. Further, we are at a point in time where all our laws serve to protect against type of abhorrent behavior.
I listen fine. If you don't wish to learn from history, that's your problem not mine. :oops:
Last edited by Kismet on Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

What the heck are you talking about?

Perhaps you'd like to read a little about ADL's history and mission: https://www.adl.org/about/mission-and-history

I've been a board member of The Institute for Islamic, Jewish and Christian Studies (used to be The Institute for Jewish and Christian studies) www.icjs.org , founded in the '80's and just as or more relevant today than when it was founded....are we supposed to be the defenders of Israel and its government?

Anti-semitism has been on the dramatic rise this past decade worldwide as well as here in the US...and is exploding now..."no longer needed"???
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:18 pm

DocBarrister
Flipping your logic back on you....it proves those organizations are not doing anything to actually make it better for those the whom they are fighting for, if the claim is all those bad things are on the rise.
Not doing anything???
Excuse me, but when anti-semitism leads to pogroms and holocausts and terrorist attacks it's not because the ADL has failed. It's because evil, bigoted, hate-filled people take control of a society and need a scapegoat.

We have "laws" against "aberrant behavior"??? How are those "laws" doing?

You're way out to lunch on this, youth.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:43 pm

DocBarrister
Not doing anything???
Excuse me, but when anti-semitism leads to pogroms and holocausts and terrorist attacks it's not because the ADL has failed. It's because evil, bigoted, hate-filled people take control of a society and need a scapegoat.

This is fun.....and you are making my point for me, thanks.

You start with "Not doing anything???"
Then follow with "when anti-semitism leads to pogroms and holocausts and terrorist attacks it's not because the ADL has failed. It's because evil, bigoted, hate-filled people take control of a society and need a scapegoat."

To which I argue......it certainly seems like these groups are not doing any prevention work, except maintaining their 5013C status, considering, as you & Doc say, it's getting worse out there".

Then you try to argue with me about laws.....buy citing me, followed by "How are those "laws" doing? "
To which I reply....exactly the point. Hear me out, All these fabulous intentioned groups, talking and saying all the right things, followed by an argument that it is getting worse out there, and yet all the laws we have to prosecute such behavior has actually 'increased' the behavior, tells us what and we can make it multiple choice. Feel free to add additional options...

(a) These groups are failing
(b) The attorneys and judges are not prosecuting these crimes appropriately
(c) God and Faith is intentionally being washed out of current culture, and we are witnessing the rebound effect
(d) ???
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:25 pm

DocBarrister
Not doing anything???

Then follow with "when anti-semitism leads to pogroms and holocausts and terrorist attacks it's not because the ADL has failed. It's because evil, bigoted, hate-filled people take control of a society and need a scapegoat."

To which I argue......it certainly seems like these groups are not doing any prevention work, except maintaining their 5013C status, considering, as you & Doc say, it's getting worse out there".

Then you try to argue with me about laws.....buy citing me, followed by "How are those "laws" doing? "
To which I reply....exactly the point. Hear me out, All these fabulous intentioned groups, talking and saying all the right things, followed by an argument that it is getting worse out there, and yet all the laws we have to prosecute such behavior has actually 'increased' the behavior, tells us what and we can make it multiple choice. Feel free to add additional options...

(c) God and Faith is intentionally being washed out of current culture, and we are witnessing the rebound effect
(d) ???
Those organizations were created to stop racism?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

I guess YA subscribes to the old Wall Street adage in this case - "Past performance is no guarantee of future results" ;)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DocBarrister
Not doing anything???

(d) ???
good lord, do you understand causation?
People battling bigotry don't cause bigotry, bigotry grows when it is encouraged, rewarded, isn't opposed, not the other way around...

I guess Jim Crow laws were better...than civil rights laws...huh?? In youth's world, civil rights laws made racism worse...gotta get back to lynching, those laws against it don't work so well...???

Sure, God is telling us that black folks are inferior, see... slavery is in the Bible...and hey didn't the Jews kill Jesus?

You gotta just be trolling us with this stupid garbage, right?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:46 pm

DocBarrister
Not doing anything???

(d) ???
People battling bigotry don't cause bigotry, bigotry grows when it is encouraged, rewarded, isn't opposed, not the other way around...

I guess Jim Crow laws were better...than civil rights laws...huh?? In youth's world, civil rights laws made racism worse...gotta get back to lynching, those laws against it don't work so well...???

Sure, God is telling us that black folks are inferior, see... slavery is in the Bible...and hey didn't the Jews kill Jesus?

I’m right….you are not a good listener. I’ve now said, at least two times, that these groups have served their purpose….and now, maybe they have run their course.

Maybe a healthy compromise and for far better optics and reach, is these groups all combining, rather than having them continue to operate in silos.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:07 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:46 pm

DocBarrister
Not doing anything???

(d) ???

I’m right….you are not a good listener. I’ve now said, at least two times, that these groups have served their purpose….and now, maybe they have run their course.

Maybe a healthy compromise and for far better optics and reach, is these groups all combining, rather than having them continue to operate in silos.
Run their courses because the problems still exist?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

(a) These groups are failing at stopping all hate crime and other things they oppose.

Therefore they should go away.

Great logic here.

Just because you don't investigate the work they're doing doesn't mean they're not doing it.

Return to “POLITICS”