All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

a fan

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:41 am I consider people with bona fides who live outside of the mainstream medical bureaucracy who have differing opinions and ideas
Right. Flood the market with information. Want me to put together a list of all the stuff we got on the pandemic from every doctor on the internet with an opinion? A freaking retired British nurse's opinion was getting millions of views per day.....many of which were coming from the US.

And you're telling me this doesn't confuse the F out of the average American who slept through biology class in HS? That it's an exaggeration that folks heard ten different opinions about anything pandemic.

This didn't happen pre-internet. If you don't want to hear about the downsides of this? Stick your head in the sand, I'm not goiing to stop you.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

tech37 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:41 am
a fan wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:51 am
tech37 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:24 am And if you're honest about it and admit, I've always been for more info, not less.
Oh, I remember. Flood the market with information. The problem is, you don't understand that that doesn't help in a pandemic.
There it is... classic a fan straw man nonsense. No one ever suggested anything close to "Flood the market with information." Read this carefully a fan... as I've said before, I consider people with bona fides who live outside of the mainstream medical bureaucracy who have differing opinions and ideas. Discretion is always advised. I consider what opposing people say as compared to what is presented with the medical establishment, govt, and MSM narrative.

That should be clear now.
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:12 am "factually incorrect"? Perhaps. Whose interpretation of whose "facts" you goin by these days?
The people who got us out of a pandemic in about 12 months, despite a populace who chose to fight them every step of the way, instead of help them. Scoreboard.
tech37 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:12 am Would expect this sort of comment from a highschooler.
Then stop giving us childish complaints about how your pandemic experience wasn't flawless, and be a grown up who understand that there was no such thing as "the right move" in a pandemic with imperfect information.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:18 am Then stop giving us childish complaints about how your pandemic experience wasn't flawless, and be a grown up who understand that there was no such thing as "the right move" in a pandemic with imperfect information.
Once again the a fan spin/straw man. Who said anything about "right move"?

If you had paid attention to what was written rather than immediately scheming your next gotcha post, you would have understood what "in hindsight" means.

So obvious I shouldn't need to write... Next time, hopefully... our leaders will reflect back and make better choices (learn from the mistakes).
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:13 am So, go on, afan......back up your declarative statement with some points. break each one down.

Lockdowns...crippled the economy. Go on, afan......."prove" that this isn't the case .
Many States didn't have lockdowns. Now what? Tech was factually incorrect. So are you, as usual.

Now what? My daughter went to school in person. Tech was factually incorrect. So are you, as usual. Now what?

Every State handled Covid differently. Because this whole pandemic is about RRR and his personal comforts, you're totally unaware of this fact.

Got any more questions?
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:13 am I mean, for F's sake, some posters STILL, to this day, type comments like " only the unvaccinated get covid" and crap like that ........just crickets from you. )
:lol: Great news. Give us the citation from a poster saying exactly that. I'll wait.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:54 am
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:13 am So, go on, afan......back up your declarative statement with some points. break each one down.

Lockdowns...crippled the economy. Go on, afan......."prove" that this isn't the case .
Many States didn't have lockdowns. Now what? Tech was factually incorrect. So are you, as usual.

Now what? My daughter went to school in person. Tech was factually incorrect. So are you, as usual. Now what?

Every State handled Covid differently. Because this whole pandemic is about RRR and his personal comforts, you're totally unaware of this fact.

Got any more questions?
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:13 am I mean, for F's sake, some posters STILL, to this day, type comments like " only the unvaccinated get covid" and crap like that ........just crickets from you. )
:lol: Great news. Give us the citation from a poster saying exactly that. Oh, it was natty boh. I will provide, as I have already done so in the past, his remarks. Than what.......you will net move. Always the net moving. afan, you can type in "unvaccinated" yourself, see what you come up with. So many claims about the "unvaccinated"

Many states didn't have lockdowns? That wasn't the point. 43 states, most likely representing 99% of the US's GDP, did lock down. And your conclusion is the lockdowns hurting the economy is factually incorrect ?

"so are you, as usual "

sad....really.

We don't like budlight......we must be anti beer.

Same, idiotic conclusions the zealots make about "vaccines".

how can one be an "anti-vaxxer" if , they have had, and have had their offspring have......the legacy vaccines in their lifetime?

we are getting our tetnus shot in November. We must be "anti-vaxx" because you zealots said so.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

What kind of nonsensical bullshirt is this? Whole STATES didn't lock down. There were localized lockdowns in states and municipalities meant to protect the populace from what was thought to be a very dangerous, risky situation that involved congregations of people wherein contact could easily lead to the spread of a disease, a disease that was still being studied and understood. That's not hard to understand. These two posters seem intent on nothing other than trying to prove that their political opponents were somehow responsible for the problems we had, and have, in the economy!

That underlying premise is absolutely and TOTALLY false. Nothing but a cynical ploy to make them "right" about who best governs the population and stewards the economy in general AND specifically with respect to the pandemic.

Last edited by dislaxxic on Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
runrussellrun

AFAN.....so many posts

Post by runrussellrun »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:40 am
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:54 am Care to explain what you mean by "FU to all the unvaccinated" Is it that you are frustrated that you can't convince them that they don't know what is good for them. That "breakthru" infections are lies, misinformation? That covid survivors, pre vaxx, are scientifically, ummm, ignored?
Yeah, a big hearty FU to the unvaccinated who have no reason not to be. If you're not familiar with it, FU is a colloquial saying, an expression of anger and in this case also frustration. Anger and frustration because the unvaccinated are selfish and unnecessarily taking up medical resources when they have to be hospitalized. Medical resources that many other people need for health reasons that aren't their fault. Anger and frustration because the unvaccinated are costing our country a lot of money and misery, prolonging the pandemic and creating environments for new mutations to occur. At this point there is no reason to avoid getting a vaccine if you're medically able.

Breakthrough infections aren't lies. Saying the vaccine doesn't work, doesn't prevent COVID-19 and that the vaccine is fake are lies
Guess afan doesn't remember all of these posts.

"well......at the time.....with the data.....it was correct...." :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: fuffg
Last edited by runrussellrun on Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:10 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:51 am Would be to you. :roll:

But hey, a virus that's gonna kill a million+ Americans, nearly all unvaccinated, with very few who were vaccinated dying, with likely (and now observed) complications of such virus long term dwarfing any complications observed with the vaccine, a heavily tested vaccine that reduces infection rate and heavily reduces hospitalization and death rate, hospital staffs stressed to the breaking point...why would we want everyone to get vaccinated???

Sure "freedom" but how about you can't use the hospital system if you refuse to be vaccinated? Gotta die at home? Would that be better than a 'mandate'?
Don't forget, Petey was pro-vaccine and thought everyone should get vaccinated before the far-right misinformation and politicization campaigns kicked into gear.
so many zealots.....spreading strange data based stuff.....with only their opinions and lemming infotainment to back them up.

Whatever Dr. Peter Hotelez sayz.....we guess.

what a bunch of oil bathers.....
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:06 am Many states didn't have lockdowns? That wasn't the point. 43 states, most likely representing 99% of the US's GDP, did lock down. And your conclusion is the lockdowns hurting the economy is factually incorrect ?
99% of GDP shut down. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah, ok.

You also, naturally, ignore all the shutdowns that were by choice. Becuase of course you do. Never let a chance to whine and complain go by, right?

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:06 am how can one be an "anti-vaxxer" if , they have had, and have had their offspring have......the legacy vaccines in their lifetime?
No, that' makes you a hypocrite. Those "legacy" vaccines are all mandated by the State, and all have side effects, many of them severe. All made by Big Pharma, who you don't trust and think are liars, remember?

And yet you force them on children who, by definition, cannot knowingly consent to those shots.

That's a RRR no-no, remember?
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:51 am what a bunch of oil bathers.....
Calling people names, and mocking their views. Another RRR no-no.

You gonna break all your rules today, my man?
a fan

Re: AFAN.....so many posts

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:48 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:40 am
Yeah, a big hearty FU to the unvaccinated who have no reason not to be.
Guess afan doesn't remember all of these posts.
:lol: Oh, I do. What part of "who have no reason not to be" don't you get?

Try again. And remember: you claimed these posts were from this year.

I'll wait. Good luck. Right now ? You're a liar.
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:09 am
tech37 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:41 am
a fan wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:51 am
tech37 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:24 am And if you're honest about it and admit, I've always been for more info, not less.
Oh, I remember. Flood the market with information. The problem is, you don't understand that that doesn't help in a pandemic.
There it is... classic a fan straw man nonsense. No one ever suggested anything close to "Flood the market with information." Read this carefully a fan... as I've said before, I consider people with bona fides who live outside of the mainstream medical bureaucracy who have differing opinions and ideas. Discretion is always advised. I consider what opposing people say as compared to what is presented with the medical establishment, govt, and MSM narrative.

That should be clear now.
So in your happy-fun world, Americans weren't flooded with disinformation about Covid. Everything from "it's a plot to remove Trump from office" to "Bill Gates is chipping you" to "it will alter your DNA". Or claims that ivermectin works, so we should use that, ignore that if we did that, millions would think that ivermectin is the same thing as a vaccine.

You can keep living in this perfect world if you want. But do yourself a favor: ask a virologist if this is a good thing or a bad thing to have an overload of information, even from doctors all over the world who have different opinions on what to do.

You know exactly what they'll tell you. But sure, I'm giving you a strawman. :roll:
a fan

Post by a fan »

dislaxxic wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:30 am What kind of nonsensical bullshirt is this? Whole STATES didn't lock down. There were localized lockdowns in states and municipalities meant to protect the populace from what was thought to be a very dangerous, risky situation that involved congregations of people wherein contact could easily lead to the spread of a disease, a disease that was still be studied and understood. That's not hard to understand. These two posters seem intent on nothing other than trying to prove that their political opponents were somehow responsible for the problems we had, and have, in the economy.
Bingo. Non-contributing zeros whining about how it wasn't perfect.

Speaking as a fellow non-contributing zero, I'm grateful for everyone, including Trump, who did their level best to get us out of an impossible mess.

Those who throw stones from the cheap seats with their "internet PhDs" deserve what's coming in the next pandemic.

The head of the CDC will resign, because they saw what a "grateful" America did to the last guy who tried to help them and their families.

The rich will get the very best medical care, and can rest easy in their gated communities, having everything delivered. There will be not one shutdown, and the working class will be told to shut up and get back to work.

Teachers? F them, right? Make them teach our kids because parents tell them that kids can't get this virus, so shut up and teach.

And the "some guy on the internet" will dispense "knowledge" and advice to the poor and working class Americans.

That's what they are asking for here.
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:50 am
a fan wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:18 am Then stop giving us childish complaints about how your pandemic experience wasn't flawless, and be a grown up who understand that there was no such thing as "the right move" in a pandemic with imperfect information.

If you had paid attention to what was written rather than immediately scheming your next gotcha post, you would have understood what "in hindsight" means.

So obvious I shouldn't need to write... Next time, hopefully... our leaders will reflect back and make better choices (learn from the mistakes).
My last post on this, because you're convinced that what is in your head is showing up in your posts.

Read this, and tell me if this is an evenhanded "hindsight" on how we did in the pandemic, versus a whiny list of complaints.......
tech37 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:49 am Astute? Of course govt response/oversight is important during a pandemic. In hindsight how'd we do?

Lockdowns... crippled the economy
Mandates... ruined careers/lives, stressing families and added to mental health issues
Closed schools... set kid's education back years, added to mental health issues in children
Emphasis on a vaccine not ready for prime time
No emphasis on personal health and exercise from leaders... closed parks, beaches, gyms, adding to mental/physical health issues
Masking fiasco

Despite all those drastic actions, approx 1,000,000 covid deaths in US (that number is debatable of course).

We'll never know here in US but different policies/responses could have resulted in better outcomes. E.G., Sweden and Dr. Jay Bhattacharya's Great Barrington Declaration (was deemed misinformation and cancelled by the health establishment leaders at time).
Where's the mention of your gratitude for the vaccine you took----developed and in vials in under 12 months? Historians will look at this as one of the biggest breakthroughs in the history of man, and you ignore that, and whine about teachers not wanting to die from Covid because guys like you think that they should shut up and get in the classroom while you get to distance. And if you don't think that? Don't whine about "closed schools". Next time? Volunteer to teach in schools in the middle of a pandemic and put your money where your mouth is.

Where's the mention of Trump ceding power to each State, and States to each County, to let them decide on shutdowns and openings? The whole freaking country wasn't shut down, and you plow over that. My daughter? She was in person every day save the last couple of weeks of spring of 2020.

Any gratitude that our death rate was lower than many countries? Any mention that the shutdowns and distancing obviously kept the body counts down? Or mentioning that masking was simply our health leaders doing their level best with ZERO information on how the virus was infecting us?

This posts reads like you're an entitled MAGA anti-vaxx whiner, who thinks that if he was in charge, America would have been perfect.

"Hopefully our leaders will learn"......they have. They're gonna do what you and TeamTinFoil asked for next time. Take a bow.

I can only respond to what you write, my man. Which is why I said "we're talking past each other".....and you brushed that off, because your ego thinks that your posts are crystal clear. Yeah...they're not. But sure, keep whining about strawmen.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

a fan wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:46 pm

My last post on this, because you're convinced that what is in your head is showing up in your posts.

Read this, and tell me if this is an evenhanded "hindsight" on how we did in the pandemic, versus a whiny list of complaints.......
tech37 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:49 am Astute? Of course govt response/oversight is important during a pandemic. In hindsight how'd we do?

Mandates... ruined careers/lives, stressing families and added to mental health issues
Closed schools... set kid's education back years, added to mental health issues in children
No emphasis on personal health and exercise from leaders... closed parks, beaches, gyms, adding to mental/physical health issues
Masking fiasco

Despite all those drastic actions, approx 1,000,000 covid deaths in US (that number is debatable of course).

We'll never know here in US but different policies/responses could have resulted in better outcomes. E.G., Sweden and Dr. Jay Bhattacharya's Great Barrington Declaration (was deemed misinformation and cancelled by the health establishment leaders at time).
Where's the mention of your gratitude for the vaccine you took----developed and in vials in under 12 months? Historians will look at this as one of the biggest breakthroughs in the history of man, and you ignore that, and whine about teachers not wanting to die from Covid because guys like you think that they should shut up and get in the classroom while you get to distance. And if you don't think that? Don't whine about "closed schools". Next time? Volunteer to teach in schools in the middle of a pandemic and put your money where your mouth is.

Where's the mention of Trump ceding power to each State, and States to each County, to let them decide on shutdowns and openings? The whole freaking country wasn't shut down, and you plow over that. My daughter? She was in person every day save the last couple of weeks of spring of 2020.

Any gratitude that our death rate was lower than many countries? Any mention that the shutdowns and distancing obviously kept the body counts down? Or mentioning that masking was simply our health leaders doing their level best with ZERO information on how the virus was infecting us?

This posts reads like you're an entitled MAGA anti-vaxx whiner, who thinks that if he was in charge, America would have been perfect.

"Hopefully our leaders will learn"......they have. They're gonna do what you and TeamTinFoil asked for next time. Take a bow.

I can only respond to what you write, my man. Which is why I said "we're talking past each other".....and you brushed that off, because your ego thinks that your posts are crystal clear. Yeah...they're not. But sure, keep whining about strawmen.
To the contrary, they are. Tech clearly states we should have done nothing. Just a common cold. The elderly or those not in perfect health? Pfffft, people die every day. The Economy. Full steam ahead.
a fan

Post by a fan »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:59 pmTo the contrary, they are. Tech clearly states we should have done nothing. Just a common cold. The elderly or those not in perfect health? Pfffft, people die every day. The Economy. Full steam ahead.
Uh oh, tech. Seems that now two posters are getting a different message than you think you are conveying.

I'm sure it's a strawman, and it's our fault that this is what you are communicating to us.......
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

So what's this variant all about?
How lethal is it?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Masking fiasco

Want built in daycare. My wife didn’t want to pick up COVID from a student and then kill her mother.
“I wish you would!”
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:05 pm

Masking fiasco

Want built in daycare. My wife didn’t want to pick up COVID from a student and then kill her mother.
TLD,

Highly advanced, interconnected global world. Staying away from people worked for 6 weeks. Beyond that it is NOT feasible in today's global society. Maybe 30-40 years ago, but not today. So when you say, stay away from others, it's literally not sustainable. Hence why it was used as tool only for a very short period in the beginning of the Pandemic. I'm only saying this because you constantly mention, "it's easy, just stay away from others!" It may be easy for you at this point in your life, but there are many other people in the world who cannot "stay away from others". Just wanted to point this out. Please understand that point of view, because it makes up a large portion of society. Back to our regularly scheduled programing.

Joe

Return to “POLITICS”