OuttaNowhereWregget--Redux

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Dr. Tact

Re: 9421

Post by Dr. Tact »

Who or what is this 9421? All the cool videos are gone ;-)
njbill

Post by njbill »

ONW renamed the thread. God knows why.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

Dr. Tact wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:15 pm Who or what is this 9421? All the cool videos are gone ;-)
9,421 irrelevant posts!!
DMac

Post by DMac »

Brownlax wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:38 pm 9,421 irrelevant posts!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

:D :D
Brownlax wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:38 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:15 pm Who or what is this 9421? All the cool videos are gone ;-)
9,421 irrelevant posts!!
:D
DMac

Post by DMac »

Since the thread is irrelevant videoless, just kinda figured it needed one.
This poor guy is in pain.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBzh7fZ1V_c
OuttaNowhereWregget

OuttaNowhereWregget--Redux

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: OuttaNowhereWregget--Redux

OuttaNowhereWregget

Regarding the sexual assault lawsuit against Northwestern

From Crain’s Chicago Business

“A new lawsuit against Northwestern alleges inaction on report of sexual assault

By Brandon Dupré
August 10, 2023

In an explosive new lawsuit, a former member of Northwestern University's women's lacrosse team accuses the university and its board of trustees of negligently allowing another athlete with a history of sexual assault allegations to enroll at the school, and failing to properly investigate when she reported that he raped her.

Filed yesterday by a current student identified in the complaint as Jane Doe, it's the latest in a series of lawsuits against Northwestern since allegations of hazing in the university's football program unleashed a firestorm of controversy and led to the firing of former head football coach Pat Fitzgerald. Northwestern also has appointed former U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch to conduct a wide-ranging probe into the culture and practices of its athletic department.

The suit names Northwestern and its board of trustees as defendants, but not the alleged perpetrator of the assault.

The complaint includes graphic descriptions of a sexual assault allegedly perpetrated by a current Northwestern baseball player on July 18, 2022. During the alleged assault, she repeatedly told him to stop, but he refused, the complaint says.

The complaint says that she reported the alleged assault "on or about January 10, 2023" to Northwestern Athletic Director Derrick Gragg, who responded by email on Jan. 26. In the email, he apologized for the delay in responding, saying he had missed the email, and then thanked her for bringing the allegations to his attention, adding, “We are committed to maintaining an environment in which community members feel safe, welcomed, and affirmed,” the complaint says.

On Feb. 1, 2023, she reported the sexual assault to the Title IX office, “without any assistance of, or support from, the Athletic Department,” the complaint reads. But there, too, she did not receive help and “Northwestern did absolutely nothing,” the complaint states.

In May 2023, she filed a formal complaint with Northwestern and dropped out of lacrosse, according to the lawsuit. The lawsuit does not state what happened to that complaint.

"The sexual assault suffered by Plaintiff Jane Doe was so severe, pervasive, and objectively offensive that it deprived her of access to the educational opportunities or benefits provided by the school," the complaint says.

The suit alleges Northwestern had been made aware of accusations of sexual assault against the baseball player before admitting him in 2021. According to the complaint, school officials including then-President Morton Schapiro and then-head baseball coach Spencer Allen received warnings from “at least seven current and former classmates" of the then-incoming baseball player that he "had a documented history as a serial, sexual abuser towards his female classmates throughout middle school and high school.” These communications “warned Northwestern that (his) unchecked conduct could result in additional harm to female students at Northwestern,” according to the complaint.

"We are determined to end the cycle of institutional abuse. Northwestern can no longer hide from their public-facing elitism and secret coverups," Tamara Holder, an attorney representing the plaintiff, said in a statement to Crain's.

In an email, school spokesman Jon Yates said that “after receiving Jane Doe’s email in January 2023, an athletics official reported her allegations to Northwestern University’s Office of Civil Rights & Title IX Compliance (OCR). On the same day, OCR contacted Jane Doe and provided information about resources, supportive measures and resolution options.”

Yates said the “allegations are currently under investigation by OCR, and OCR remains in contact with her.””
OuttaNowhereWregget

Orwellian Twerps

Weird, Bizarre. Apparently, when one transfers from Maryland, one becomes an unperson. Go ahead, try finding Demma Hall, Natalie Pansini or Emma Muchnick on last year's roster:

https://umterps.com/sports/womens-lacrosse/roster

Try clicking on their name in the (individual) box score breakdown:

https://umterps.com/sports/womens-lacro ... core/13473

Weird, man. Downright creepy weird.
OuttaNowhereWregget

LILAXRAT wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:16 pm Why do people care about the Hasselbecks? they both suck, everyone is aware of this. MH is the most overrated #1 recruit of all time. AWW is obsessed w anyone who has money or fame. they wouldn't play anywhere else. Theres like several girls on the bench and that have quit or transferred that are way better than them.
I can understand the heat here. I remember speaking to a BC mom in the stands at UMass on that frigid opening day for both teams back in February of 2020. She shared how her daughter had been stuck on the bench and rarely ever saw playing time except in blowouts and even then, sparingly. She had a real sadness in her voice though she was making an effort to stay positive. I felt for her. There she was, sitting alone, bundled up against the cold on a freezing day to support her daughter who wouldn't see action for the day or the rest of the shortened season, for that matter.

Now, the above statements were a little over the top in some respects. Of course the Hasselbeck's could play for other teams in D1. BC's lineup is a tough one to crack. But if this one time (so far) poster has a daughter languishing on the bench while seeing the Hasselbeck's getting playing time, I can see why they got hot about it here on the boards. They did try to delete the post, and would have been successful if they hadn't been quoted, but the sentiment was still expressed. I imagine it is a sad and lonely experience to go to games hoping against hope to see ones daughter get on the field, game after game after game, only to be disappointed time and again.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Hey, hey! What’s happening, Cleveland State? Thanks for saying hello.
Sunnylax wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:33 am You failed to list the attackers and a few midfielders who were freshman. Yes, they have some upper class players who don't necessarily see much of the field.
Yes—I was responding to Kleizaster’s assertion that the ’23 Heels were a very young team. That’s why I listed only the upperclassers.
Sunnylax wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:33 am We know, you don't like Carolina.
I don’t know that I’d characterize it as such, but my two favorite teams are Northwestern and Boston College. There’s naturally going to be a little enmity at times.
Sunnylax wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:33 am Didn't you make a nice quiet exodus? you're back?...
Don’t know that I’d call it a nice quiet exodus, but yes—I’m back. A little older and a little wiser when it comes to navigating these boards. Thanks again for saying hello.
suffolk

Post by suffolk »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:10 am
LILAXRAT wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:16 pm Why do people care about the Hasselbecks? they both suck, everyone is aware of this. MH is the most overrated #1 recruit of all time. AWW is obsessed w anyone who has money or fame. they wouldn't play anywhere else. Theres like several girls on the bench and that have quit or transferred that are way better than them.
I can understand the heat here. I remember speaking to a BC mom in the stands at UMass on that frigid opening day for both teams back in February of 2020. She shared how her daughter had been stuck on the bench and rarely ever saw playing time except in blowouts and even then, sparingly. She had a real sadness in her voice though she was making an effort to stay positive. I felt for her. There she was, sitting alone, bundled up against the cold on a freezing day to support her daughter who wouldn't see action for the day or the rest of the shortened season, for that matter.

Now, the above statements were a little over the top in some respects. Of course the Hasselbeck's could play for other teams in D1. BC's lineup is a tough one to crack. But if this one time (so far) poster has a daughter languishing on the bench while seeing the Hasselbeck's getting playing time, I can see why they got hot about it here on the boards. They did try to delete the post, and would have been successful if they hadn't been quoted, but the sentiment was still expressed. I imagine it is a sad and lonely experience to go to games hoping against hope to see ones daughter get on the field, game after game after game, only to be disappointed time and again.
It seems to me BC has been to six Final Fours. That is an incredible feat. think the coaching staff knows what they are doing.
suffolk

Post by suffolk »

It seems to me BC has been to six Final Fours. That is an incredible feat. I think the coaching staff knows what they are doing.
OuttaNowhereWregget

suffolk wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:45 am

It seems to me BC has been to six Final Fours. That is an incredible feat. I think the coaching staff knows what they are doing.
Both truths can coexist.

1) The coaching staff can know what they're doing and be winning at an elite level.

2) Some players, and by extension their parents, through lack of playing time, can become sad or disheartened or demoralized. Players spend years practicing and training long hours to perfect their skills in hopes of one day playing the sport they love at college. Parents spend years sacrificing time and money to facilitate their daughters dream of one day playing at college. I can't blame players or their parents for struggling with resentment or bitterness when they don't get to play once they arrive at what was thought to be the final destination--only to find it means riding the pine. But that's the world of sports. The best play. The lesser don't, or don't often.

Also, success is not always defined in each member of a given team. One has only to review some of the condemning comments made recently on these boards about Kelly Amonte Hiller to know that to be true. Or comments made about Jenny Levy's lack of success rate given her great recruiting classes year after year. I think both coaches are on the modern day Mount Rushmore for success and accomplishments, etc. But you will always find players (and parents) who've had negative experiences, no matter how much the team wins. A coach can't make every one of her players happy and fulfilled. It's not possible if a program is serious about challenging for a national title each year.

One last thought. BC has done more than just get to six Final Four's. They've been to six national championship final games. But having been victorious only once in those impressive six straight trips to the final game of the season--perhaps the coaching staff could learn a little more about what they're doing so they could be even more successful. Me? I'm more than happy with the one title. But another might look critically at the 1 in 6 ratio and find fault.

In any event, thanks for commenting--and Go Eagles!
OuttaNowhereWregget

Picked-up pieces during the ongoing revelry for the 8 time National Champion Northwestern Wildcats

It was a rip-roaring, rip-snorting ride for the Northwestern Wildcats in 2023. No team ever dominated the last three rounds like they did in The Tournament. Mauled and gutted were Loyola, Denver and Boston College respectively. Cats were just too good and too powerful to stand against. The scare against scrappy Michigan in the 2nd round was just the tonic needed to galvanize the team for the quarters, semis and final.

Their superiority should continue till June of 2024 when Izzy accepts her 2nd Tewwy and the Dynamic Duo rides off into the sunset. Barring some unforeseen events like injuries, etc--no one will knock the Scane/Coykendall Wildcats off the throne next year. Their offense will be even better with another year of experience and confidence under their collective belt. It was proven time and again last season that Scane and company couldn't be stopped--no matter how highly touted the opposition's defense. It will be more of the same in '24. NU's defense will also be better. They were much improved in '23 and should only be better still in the 2nd year of their new coordinator's tenure.

The much maligned (by a few on these boards, anyway) Kelly Amonte Hiller now stands on a pedestal upon which she alone is worthy to stand. No coach in the history of D1 women's lacrosse has more national championships, no coach in the history of D1 women's lacrosse has ever stayed current and relevant enough to win a national championship after having gone more than 10 years without one.

Interesting side note: Funny how you get guff on these boards for criticizing Maryland or Carolina or Syracuse, but you're more than fine and dandy if you rip Northwestern or Duke or Notre Dame, et al. Can you say Double Standard, girls and boys?

Northwestern may well have gone undefeated in '23 had they not coughed up the ball after winning the draw in the waning seconds of game 1 vs Syracuse. With 14 seconds left, the WIldcats won the draw and the ball was in Sammy White's crosse when she tried an ill advised pass with about 9 seconds left which was knocked down and recovered by Syracuse. The one goal loss their only blemish to an otherwise pristine season: Big 10 regular season champs, Big 10 tournament champs, NCAA national champs and the overwhelming Tewaaraton winner in Isabelle Rae Scane. They'll repeat across the board in '24.

Madison Taylor made a remarkable debut for the Cats in '23. Poise and prowess to spare for a rookie. She'll only get more dangerous as she matures.

Never saw a goaltender with the fire and personality of Molly Laliberty. She'll be a joy to watch again next year.

Would that Hailey Rhatigan was joining her but alas, no. Rhatigan was also a joy to watch in '23. A braver, more courageous player I've never witnessed--fearlessly charging into the teeth of the defense time and again, often crashing to the ground with the contact, scoring goal after goal. Rightly dubbed The Kamikaze Kid. Imagine how many goals she would have ended up with had she not missed the first four games of the season.

While on the subject of what-might-have-been's, #56 would easily have shattered the single season goal scoring record (103) had she not missed 2 games, finishing with 99. (Love that she wore that number for a game. Just adds to her rich legacy.) And her ride? Never saw anyone ride like her. Not even Sam Apuzzo. Izzy bully covered many an opponent into turning the ball over last season--even if it meant crossing the restraining line to do so:

Back to Rhatigan, who took misapplied and misdirected heat after the demolition job on Loyola in the quarters when she had finally had quite enough nasty stickwork from the AintNoDogs thank you very much and swiped her defenders crosse away from directly in front of her face. Her reaction got a lot of play on social media but few took the time to look at the actual play to see how the defenders crosse was deliberately placed in front of Rhatigan's face, inches away, before she swiped back. Conclusion--Rhatigan was provoked, and the refs correctly yellow whistled the offending (yet marvelously feigning stunned incredulity) defender off.

Lastly, it's good to be back on these boards. As I mentioned to Cleveland State earlier--a little older and a little wiser in navigation. Plus, folks are still obviously compelled with what I write (wrote your humble narrator as he shamelessly patted himself on the back) with well over 2000 views in a mere three weeks since the Redux. 60k in the rear view mirror with 70k fast approaching.

Only 160 days till Opening Draw...
OuttaNowhereWregget

What's with North Carolina's 15 game schedules?

Why does Jenny Levy schedule mostly only 15 regular season games for her Tar Heels when the rest of the ACC schedules 16 and/or 17 games? The obvious answer? She does it so her charges will be more rested and less banged-up come tournament time, giving her team an unfair advantage. Doesn't take an analytics geek to figure that one. Don't seem fair nohow. Is it her idea or is she being instructed to do so by the higher ups?

From 2015 thru 2019, and 2022, 2023 - 15 regular season games were scheduled for the Tar Heels. That's 15 regular season games scheduled for 7 of the last 9 years, while during that same stretch, Carolina's ACC counterparts were scheduling 16/17 regular season games annually--not to mention most of the rest of D1 'ceptin' the Ivy League, where all the teams amongst the Ancient Eight schedule 15 (or less, in some cases) games per regular season as a rule.

How does North Carolina get away with that happy crappy?
LaxDadMax

Re: What's with North Carolina's 15 game schedules?

Post by LaxDadMax »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:37 pm Why does Jenny Levy schedule mostly only 15 regular season games for her Tar Heels when the rest of the ACC schedules 16 and/or 17 games? The obvious answer? She does it so her charges will be more rested and less banged-up come tournament time, giving her team an unfair advantage. Doesn't take an analytics geek to figure that one. Don't seem fair nohow. Is it her idea or is she being instructed to do so by the higher ups?

From 2015 thru 2019, and 2022, 2023 - 15 regular season games were scheduled for the Tar Heels. That's 15 regular season games scheduled for 7 of the last 9 years, while during that same stretch, Carolina's ACC counterparts were scheduling 16/17 regular season games annually--not to mention most of the rest of D1 'ceptin' the Ivy League, where all the teams amongst the Ancient Eight schedule 15 (or less, in some cases) games per regular season as a rule.

How does North Carolina get away with that happy crappy?
Get away with it? What rule are they breaking?

In their defense, of those 15 games last year, only one of them was against a lower-tier team (High Point). Not all top 10 teams can say that.

They also have to play 3 games in the ACC tourney while many other top teams only play 2 in their conference tourney. I'm sure that goes into the decision as well.
OuttaNowhereWregget

North Carolina's 15 game schedule justified? Ixnay

LaxDadMax wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:46 pm Get away with it? What rule are they breaking?
The rule of sportsmanship and fair play. By scheduling one less regular season game than their ACC kameraden so they'll be more rested and less banged-up come tournament time (which includes the ACC tourney), giving the Tar Heels an unfair advantage.
LaxDadMax wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:46 pm In their defense, of those 15 games last year, only one of them was against a lower-tier team (High Point). Not all top 10 teams can say that.
This is off point, but I'll see you and call. They also scheduled Liberty and East Carolina to fill out the (local) lower tier portion of their out of conference schedule. What's the distinction between Liberty, East Carolina and High Point? BC scheduled Brown, Dartmouth and Boston U for their (local) lower tier opponents. Syracuse scheduled Binghamton, Albany and Cornell for theirs. And speaking of Syracuse--they blow this cheesy Carolina theory of self-preservation totally out of the water. They had the hardest schedule in the nation last year, closely followed by Northwestern. Syracuse scheduled 16 opponents during the regular season and made it to within one goal of going to the national championship final vs the Wildcats (where they would have been destroyed, but that's a whole other crate of oranges.) Their lack of self-preservation didn't impede them from getting as far as they did. BC also blows the theory sky high. They also scheduled 16 regular season games, played 3 games in the ACC tourney, and made it to the national championship final. Carolina scheduled 15 and got bumped in the quarters.
LaxDadMax wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:46 pm They also have to play 3 games in the ACC tourney while many other top teams only play 2 in their conference tourney. I'm sure that goes into the decision as well.
To be precise, NC doesn't have to play three games in the ACC tourney. They play three if they get to the final, (which admittedly they do every year). BC has been to the ACC final 4 times since 2015 as has Syracuse. By your rationale, they also should schedule only 15 regular season games banking on the high probability that they'll get to the ACC final and have to play 3 games, as well, leaving the rest of the ACC to play 16 regular season games, making them that much easier to knock off for Carolina, BC or Syracuse. It's bush league with a capital B.

North Carolina is, has been and will most likely continue to be a top 5 elite team. If none of the other top teams are cheating by playing this wimpy, not to mention arrogant, self-preservation game, why (if your theory is correct) does Carolina embarrass themselves by doing it? And why did they schedule 16 regular season games in both 2020 and 2021 if 15 games is a hard and fast rule with them?

They say you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear--or in this case, a tar heel horn.

Sunnylax

Re: North Carolina's 15 game schedule justified? Ixnay

Post by Sunnylax »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:27 am
LaxDadMax wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:46 pm Get away with it? What rule are they breaking?
The rule of sportsmanship and fair play. By scheduling one less regular season game than their ACC kameraden so they'll be more rested and less banged-up come tournament time (which includes the ACC tourney), giving the Tar Heels an unfair advantage.
LaxDadMax wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:46 pm In their defense, of those 15 games last year, only one of them was against a lower-tier team (High Point). Not all top 10 teams can say that.
This is off point, but I'll see you and call. They also scheduled Liberty and East Carolina to fill out the (local) lower tier portion of their out of conference schedule. What's the distinction between Liberty, East Carolina and High Point? BC scheduled Brown, Dartmouth and Boston U for their (local) lower tier opponents. Syracuse scheduled Binghamton, Albany and Cornell for theirs. And speaking of Syracuse--they blow this cheesy Carolina theory of self-preservation totally out of the water. They had the hardest schedule in the nation last year, closely followed by Northwestern. Syracuse scheduled 16 opponents during the regular season and made it to within one goal of going to the national championship final vs the Wildcats (where they would have been destroyed, but that's a whole other crate of oranges.) Their lack of self-preservation didn't impede them from getting as far as they did. BC also blows the theory sky high. They also scheduled 16 regular season games, played 3 games in the ACC tourney, and made it to the national championship final. Carolina scheduled 15 and got bumped in the quarters.
LaxDadMax wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:46 pm They also have to play 3 games in the ACC tourney while many other top teams only play 2 in their conference tourney. I'm sure that goes into the decision as well.
To be precise, NC doesn't have to play three games in the ACC tourney. They play three if they get to the final, (which admittedly they do every year). BC has been to the ACC final 4 times since 2015 as has Syracuse. By your rationale, they also should schedule only 15 regular season games banking on the high probability that they'll get to the ACC final and have to play 3 games, as well, leaving the rest of the ACC to play 16 regular season games, making them that much easier to knock off for Carolina, BC or Syracuse. It's bush league with a capital B.

North Carolina is, has been and will most likely continue to be a top 5 elite team. If none of the other top teams are cheating by playing this wimpy, not to mention arrogant, self-preservation game, why (if your theory is correct) does Carolina embarrass themselves by doing it? And why did they schedule 16 regular season games in both 2020 and 2021 if 15 games is a hard and fast rule with them?

They say you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear--or in this case, a tar heel horn.

Carolina is such an embarrassment.... :roll: Troll. Again, we get it. You don't like UNC.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”